This game has a short shelf life - PvE and World PvP are colossal failures

Zingas

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, if you're hitting 50 in such a short amount of time, then you have some serious issues with your life. I would suggest seeing a doctor, preferably of the mind.

i got my pre-order the 13th december its jan 2nd now i've had 20 days....

there is no pvp in tor, its simply BG farming for shinys that you can get in 1 day a full set.

Actual pvp where you have to work for your kills, anot have 10 people helping you is dead, there is none. Because world pvpers have ZERO chance at gaining gear while BG farmers decimate anyone in quest gear.

It is probably the saddest excuse for world pvp I have seen in any game. We have people demanding you be banned for killing them while they are questing, we have level 50s able to sit in enemy towns for hours an be completely safe while killing lowbes (I dont care about dieing, but at least make guards kill them).

This is on a pvp server, not to mention the fact instancing has made the dead world even more lifeless. restricted server pops means there si no community, because you have little groups of people all in their own instance all day long.

i got my pre-order the 13th december its jan 2nd now i've had 20 days....

*Shakes head* Some people still have way, way too much time on their hands. But I suppose one character in 20 days is reasonable, though anything below that is simply insane.

Edited by DarkZenith

cant comment on pve as im not quite lvl 50 yet and havent been doing flash's for awhile until 50. but world pvp does suck hard but, hasnt been supported as in no rewards for it and there is way to many instance areas plus ppl running to npc's to get into convo to become invulnerable, waiting until you go or jumping on chat for backup. though on the other hand, any kind of reward whatsoever for open world pvp would see lvl 50 champion equips farming every other lvl on every planet *sighs*...

and this is your problem you expect because you pay a monthly fee bioware is obligated to send you a full epic set in the mail every 5 levels...World PvP in WoW in vanilla had damn near ZERO reward for PvP we did it because it was fun it took like a million kills for high warlord or grand marshal and the gear was hardly better then anything out of dungeons.

How does that make things any better?

It was a question. You don't answer a question with a question. I legitimately don't know if that is the whole planet of Ilum, if it is, then you're right, that is pathetic, if there's more areas, then it's not that bad.

*Shakes head* Some people still have way, way too much time on their hands. But I suppose one character in 20 days is reasonable, but anything below that is simply insane.

If i only had 2 hrs a week to play an mmo like yourself i wouldn't even be playing mmo's.

Zingas im still waiting on your response on how you can even complain when you are prolly level 30-35 and have no idea what you are talking about. post a screen shot of your toon if you are even going to claim you are higher level if not cool story brah.

and this is your problem you expect because you pay a monthly fee bioware is obligated to send you a full epic set in the mail every 5 levels...World PvP in WoW in vanilla had damn near ZERO reward for PvP we did it because it was fun it took like a million kills for high warlord or grand marshal and the gear was hardly better then anything out of dungeons.

Umm no. We did it because everyone wasn't in instances all the time, and there were well designed zones like Hillsbrad Foothills which encouraged PvP. But mainly it was because there was no Battlegrounds, Battlegrounds came and World PvP almost completely died, then flying mounts came, and it actually died.

Rewards are a great way to incite people to world pvp, it has nothing to do with being handed gear, it's called good design.

If i only had 2 hrs a week to play an mmo like yourself i wouldn't even be playing mmo's.

Yeah, you're a real joker, 2 hours a week my backside. To get to level 50 as quick as some are claiming, you are playing all day, every day. Fact. Some people just aren't that sad, or demented.

um.. PVE is not a colossal failure...

Is there even a point in such a post? Why even bother unless you're going to elaborate?

Zingas im still waiting on your response on how you can even complain when you are prolly level 30-35 and have no idea what you are talking about. post a screen shot of your toon if you are even going to claim you are higher level if not cool story brah.

What response? What you're doing right now is called ad hominem. I'm level 38, it's in my signature, I don't know why you think i'm trying to keep it a secret. I'm not wrong about anything I've said, I've commented on only things that I've experienced myself.

Now with that out of the way, you can stop talking about me and start talking about the topic.

the OP is another Blizzard paid employee to try to stop the WoW Bleeding.

Yes I say Bleeding because I have a few friends still playing wow and they are only seeing 1/4 of the population of the game still on.

Umm no, I despise WoW. It's a stagnant casual-driven mess that is made to keep you grinding. I, in fact, want WoW to die so Blizzard will realize how badly they stuffed up their game.

That said, they still do a very few certain things right.

Thanks for the baseless assumptions that don't have anything to do with the topic though. I hope you realize these kinds of responses just make you look like a fan boy. Can you really not stand someone providing criticism? Is the game that close to you?

This is stuff that can be fixed if BioWare actually knows, and that won't happen if people don't criticize, if you sit here just playing a mediocre game then it won't change.

Edited by Zingas

I have to say that the opinion of the OP is too subjective.

It's ok to have your opinion but your making a prediction and accusation at a level that can be offset by a number of things no one can see. Considering your not level 50 yet I doubt you could prove to be the epitome of expert MMO designs. thats not an insult either, I just think your not qualified to make such an accusation.

The game is just too new, and I can't help but see you drawing your comparisons to WoW which most hardcore MMO players tend to do so frequently. I think it's an unfair comparison considering WoW has had almost a decade of experience and time now and they have their battle scars to prove it. I only compare WoW to anygame by it's base never it's core because why play any other MMO if the core mechanics you like already exist in the game your playing? makes sense right?

So if your not happy with the game, why torture yourself and continue to play? Just take your money and wait for the improvments. Personally I think everything is great. I have a life so im not gonna dedicate my soul to every little naunce this game has and it's already obvious the game has bugs, programming takes time, be patient. It's gonna get better and will have a helluva long shelf life than I think your predicting.

PvE will improve

PvP will improve

the game will overall improve

It's Bioware, have faith.

I can't think of any recent game with the exception of WAR that had any kind of world pvp. That's mildly funny to me since WAR was an abortion of an MMO and most of those other little to no world pvp games are doing rather well. Its a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyy small number of people who give a crap about world pvp.

I enjoy pvp and I did enjoy the very few moments of random world pvp I've encountered in my several MMOs. I never once thought about quitting because the gaps between those encounters were measured in months or even years.

This post sounds like yet another person who SWTOR to be something its not and cannot seem to cope with that realization.

I was ganked 5 times yesterday, once by a 50 in the Alderaan spaceport, twice by a 31 while I was already engaged with elite mobs, and twice by a group of three players (which caused me to get a guildy to help out and camp them for 20 minutes).

World PVP is far from dead. You just leveled faster than the average population.

Here's what I do: I level my main character until there's less than 40 people in my zone. Then I stop leveling him until the average population catches up and level another character instead.

I have to say that the opinion of the OP is too subjective.

It's ok to have your opinion but your making a prediction and accusation at a level that can be offset by a number of things no one can see. Considering your not level 50 yet I doubt you could prove to be the epitome of expert MMO designs. thats not an insult either, I just think your not qualified to make such an accusation.

I don't think you know what the meaning of subjective is. What would be keeping me from being objective? I have no ties to any other games, I have no ties to any games in fact. I like BioWare for the most part, afaik they've only made one bad game thus far.

The game is just too new, and I can't help but see you drawing your comparisons to WoW which most hardcore MMO players tend to do so frequently. I think it's an unfair comparison considering WoW has had almost a decade of experience and time now and they have their battle scars to prove it. I only compare WoW to anygame by it's base never it's core because why play any other MMO if the core mechanics you like already exist in the game your playing? makes sense right?

No, not really. If BioWare wants to compete with WoW they should have many of this stuff ready for release, having sub-standard PvE, World PvE and so many bugs is not a good thing.

So if your not happy with the game, why torture yourself and continue to play? Just take your money and wait for the improvments. Personally I think everything is great. I have a life so im not gonna dedicate my soul to every little naunce this game has and it's already obvious the game has bugs, programming takes time, be patient. It's gonna get better and will have a helluva long shelf life than I think your predicting.

Did you read my post? At no point did I say I was unhappy with the game, I'm unhappy with certain elements, but the other elements are enough to keep me happy for now. The point of this post was that IF those other elements aren't changed, then the game will lose interest for many players, myself probably included. For now I will just enjoy the ride.

PvE will improve

PvP will improve

the game will overall improve

That's what I hope for.

It's Bioware, have faith.

After Dragon Age 2, I don't have any faith in BioWare, sorry.

Your incorrect, HW an GM were only obtainable once the destroyed world pvp, I had 1 GM an 2 HW rogues myself, it was purely farming BG''s day in day out. early wow was as bad as tor, there was no reason to kill. As for whiskiz he's bang on, I have pvped with him alot an we see it all time. Pve types using npcs to save themselves an become immune. I chased an IMP other day, he ran to an NPC, talked ho him while I stood there an shot him for 10 straight min's till 5 of his friends came to kill me. Then I called whiskizx an we hunted him for a while, had to wait till they pissed off so we could kill him a few times as he ran off thinking he was now safe.

It's a joke as it stands. None said they want free shinys expect for the BG farmers.. an they get it, you can get a full set in 1 day in BG's, that's just bloody offensive, an it makes you 100% immune to players in quest gear. pvp in wow was NEVER fun, it just a boring sideline in a game that was pure pve.

The laughable thing is, this was done deliberatly by Bioware to force everyone to farm BG's.Yet they call it a "pvp server" where?? I have killed over 100 people an I see no real pvp, because as tor is a gear centric farm fest, if you dont have the gear, you cant pvp...

As tor is, its a fun little pve game, but it has no pvp.

Unless I missed something that is people being carebears(or idiots), not BioWares fault?

i think you just bad at pvp ..and you afraid to go to the hot zones...if you talk about pvp and you mean the little pvp games? i just lol at you

Edited by angrYdog

I was ganked 5 times yesterday, once by a 50 in the Alderaan spaceport, twice by a 31 while I was already engaged with elite mobs, and twice by a group of three players (which caused me to get a guildy to help out and camp them for 20 minutes).

World PVP is far from dead. You just leveled faster than the average population.

Here's what I do: I level my main character until there's less than 40 people in my zone. Then I stop leveling him until the average population catches up and level another character instead.

I don't think i've leveled that fast, and from what I've seen there are a lot of Imperials on most planets, everyone just seems to be in instances.

I can't think of any recent game with the exception of WAR that had any kind of world pvp. That's mildly funny to me since WAR was an abortion of an MMO and most of those other little to no world pvp games are doing rather well. Its a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyy small number of people who give a crap about world pvp.

I enjoy pvp and I did enjoy the very few moments of random world pvp I've encountered in my several MMOs. I never once thought about quitting because the gaps between those encounters were measured in months or even years.

This post sounds like yet another person who SWTOR to be something its not and cannot seem to cope with that realization.

WoW Vanilla was the best World PvP in any game. If SWTOR didn't have instances and it had more world pvp bottlenecks(like SS/TM in Hillsbrad), it would be just as good.

Edited by Zingas

These are all your opinions. The game will have a short self life for you. There's a key distinction there.

Why do you feel the need to clarify that it's his opinion?

OF COURSE its his, opinion, HE posted it.

That can be assumed.

People who feel threatened always feel the need to say "well that's just your opinion", as if that wasn't already obvious.

i think you just bad at pvp ..and you afraid to go to the hot zones...if you talk about pvp and you mean the little pvp games? i just lol at you

I think you're just bad at reading... and you are afraid to actually read posts.

Edited by Zingas

Yeah, you're a real joker, 2 hours a week my backside. To get to level 50 as quick as some are claiming, you are playing all day, every day. Fact. Some people just aren't that sad, or demented.

what dont you get about 5 days played time? games been out 20 days herp derp.:rolleyes: