Flashpoints too long for 99%

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly clearing time depends entirely on your group. I just made a run of Taral V without wipes in about 30 minutes with a good group (including the bonus boss).

It really will shorten down once the mechanics get polished and people actually "get the hang of it" at least that's what I think.

The only thing that is really annoying me is the "return to medbay" thing. Really if I'm going to spawn at a further point of the fp anyway please don't make me sit through two loading screens just to get to that starting position, just spawn me at that "checkpoint".

A few buddies and myself cleared BT in sub-30 minutes last night. That was our 4th or so time doing it though.

We did False Emp with the same group in an hour and change.

HM obviously.

The flashpoints are actualy pretty quick. That false Emp run included about 5 or 6 wipes on HK, 1 on the bonus, and 1 on Malgus.

Edited by Liaer

Flashpoints are for me, a bit too long. BT is perfect. Minimal trash, pacing for the group. There is a reason BT is the only daily hard mode spammed on my server right now. Every other hard mode is just so much TRASH. Hammer was another expertly designed flashpoint. Even Athiss.

But the hard modes are bt and a bunch of trash filled slog fests. It kills me that I have to spend my limited game time both looking for a group (even as a healer it is difficult, and guild is leveling) as well as running the instance. By the time I am done, I am usually done for the night.

I would like to experience more of this game rather than 1 flashpoint a night. Please.

so i did normal directive 7 and it took like an hour and a half, guess you are following the cata model that lost half of blizz's subs

Then play when you have time. I do NOT want to see what I saw happen in LOTRO where they split instances up in sections.

And you don't know what you're talking about. The time it took to do instances didn't lose 1 sub for Blizzard. How about cutting the crap. If anything, people left because instances got shorter and the game turned into a care bear fest.

And WoW has never left half it's subs. It's down to about 10 mil from 12 mil.

Next time know what you're talking about.

Edited by chrismgtis

Personally I don't understand why Bioware chose to make the flashpoints with the most trash into hard modes. The Black Talon one I can understand because that's pretty awesome, but I have no interest in doing Boarding Party, Foundry, Directive 7, Battle for Ilum or The False Emperor ever again because those flashpoints really burned me out with all the trash and useless, and boring, minibosses on normal.

I would however love to see Hammer Station and Mandalorian Raiders as hard modes because those were pretty fun, but maybe a bit too easy on normal.

Also, please don't nerf boss encounters because a few people whine about them. I love the fact that the Hard Modes are actually a bit challenging so please don't ruin that.

Then play when you have time. I do NOT want to see what I saw happen in LOTRO where they split instances up in sections.

And you don't know what you're talking about. The time it took to do instances didn't lose 1 sub for Blizzard. How about cutting the crap. If anything, people left because instances got shorter and the game turned into a care bear fest.

And WoW has never left half it's subs. It's down to about 10 mil from 12 mil.

Next time know what you're talking about.

Maybe he meant half of the ones that left left because of that. ;)

People in my guild want to raid, but dont wanna do all the flashpoints AGAIN after they cleared them once, simply because there is so much *********** trashmobs its not funny.

TRASH IS BORING

Make bosses hard, let ppl wipe np problem but cut out on the damn trash

Edited by Tenndou

No longer than instances in an average MMO.

Before Dungeon Finder and shortly after Cataclysm was released (I dunno if people are outgearing and breezing through them at this point, no longer play) dungeons and heroics in WoW took several hours to complete much of the time.

Several hours???!?!?!?

I've never spent more than 20 minutes in a Dungeon/Heroic Dungeon.

Only the raids are long, and only some like naxx and Ulduar really long. Some are just 1 bad *** encounter (Malygos/onyxia) be done with those in 10 minutes.... this is of course assuming you have a decent group.

Question to the OP:

Would you rather all FP's were the same length as Violet Hold in WoW?

Personally, I found that a complete disappointment.

What needs to be questioned is the content. The first couple I did I felt that there was a story and a reason for doing them, but a couple have erred towards the hack and slash -> boss with a rinse and repeat factor. I would like to see more of the story in each of them, but then I love story so I could be one of the few that thinks this.

I have however; enjoyed all the flashpoints I've done so far, which could be because I've done them with my friend,s and we've been on TS having a giggle at the same time.

I would agree that perhaps doing an FP in a PuG may be a little less fun - my personal experience tells me that PuGs just aren't as enjoyable as being in a group with your mates.

Well I am far from a hardcore player but these mini instances that many games seem to have now that take 10-20 mins just lack immersion for me. Granted I wouldn't want to see anything that takes 4 or 5 hours without some sort of locking system so you can complete over multiple sessions 1.5 to 2 hours sounds like a good instance for me! I used to love Carn Dum in lotro even though it would take a few nights when the game was first released.

Something that i see as a problem with the flashpoint is that: The Trash mobs have no diversity at all, theres nothing you have to really look out for, 1 too many mobs? ok, cc'd. Bye, dead. Ofc they shouldent be bosses, but atlest make them immune to cc so taht not just everyone can cruise through them.

It is majorly boring to slam your way through multiple trash pulls for 40+ mins, it is super boring, and after 7 years of WoW i am not as forgiving as i was when i was doing it for my first few years.

Thankfully the best PvE gear comes from Daily Commendations, so no need to run useless hardmodes :D

• 3 months later...

15 minutes for most heroic dungeons in wotlk.

Chain pull, chainpull everything, including the bosses.

lol

But ya, the Flashpoints in swtor are way too long.

Too much useless trash mobs.

Just did Kaon today and seriously, 80% of the trash is just not needed.

The length of the flashpoint can be cut down by over half and nothing would be missed.

15 minutes for most heroic dungeons in wotlk.

Chain pull, chainpull everything, including the bosses.

lol

But ya, the Flashpoints in swtor are way too long.

Too much useless trash mobs.

Just did Kaon today and seriously, 80% of the trash is just not needed.

The length of the flashpoint can be cut down by over half and nothing would be missed.

What do you want then? Boss fight -> gear, boss fight -> gear, boss fight -> more gear?

At least a bit of trash makes you work for your reward.

I do agree that stupid weak trash all over the place is just mindless and boring; but you picked out Kaon! Kaons mobs can be a real pain in the *** if you don't deal with them in the correct manner, its not just zerg through like most trash, it forces you to think a bit at least, assign cc and kill orders etc. Sure it makes the flashpoint longer, and makes your precious gear drop further away, but whats the point of giving gear out quickly and easily? Shouldn't you work for it at least a little bit?

If you don't have an hour to play video games, MMOs are not for you.

This is working as intended.

People in my guild want to raid, but dont wanna do all the flashpoints AGAIN after they cleared them once, simply because there is so much *********** trashmobs its not funny.

TRASH IS BORING

Make bosses hard, let ppl wipe np problem but cut out on the damn trash

MMOs are not for you.

Edited by Bekkal

Everyone always compares things to WoW. Try the 12 hour marathon Task Force groups in CoH way back in the day. There were no save points. If someone disconnected the system dumped them from the group and you either forged ahead without them or started over.

Oh yeah, did I mention that they required a full team of 8 to start? Good times.:rolleyes:

I like the length of these FPs so far. More then 90 minutes and it would be hard to set aside time to run them, and less than 30 minutes can't really be called much of a FP. The length of the Esseles is perfect(around an hour).

I remember doing a Doctor Quartermain TF like that. (That is the most notorious TF in CoH for being long and annoying).

But Doc Q is a lot better now, only takes a well coordinated group of 8 people a grand total of 2.5-3 hours to beat it if they really know what they are doing. Average is probably about 4 hours, but that TF is hardly ever run anymore.

(I played on Justice, Fire/Ice blaster and about 10 more lvl 50s)

The problem is that even with no wipes the shortest flashpoints takes 40 minutes...

Add in wipes, the longer flashpoints, etc., they all take way to long to complete.

We did HM Black talon in 25-30 mins last night. We spacebar'd the conversations obviously. We had all previously seen them multiple times, so no big deal.

There are some that are longer for sure, but there is the ability to pick a shorter one to meet your time requirements.

I see a lot of people who don't realize how much of the FP trash can be skipped...

It certainly depends on group composition, but with the right ACs along, you can seriously speed things up.

FE is far and away the longest to complete purely due to how much crap isn't skippable.

Just about all the rest, including LI, can be done in 30-40 minutes (or less) if you have 2 people capable of out-of-combat mezzes.

Ilum, which I see people complaining is too long, is clearable in 20 minutes or less. With even a single mezz, over half the pulls can simply be bypassed. With 2 that number is more like 80%. There are really only a handful of trash groups you can't avoid fighting (just counting off the top of my head, I can only think of 5 that are more or less guaranteed). One of those trash groups (on the bridge) is only necessary to have a safe place to wipe to avoid fighting the useless BH boss.

I will readily admit that not every group has an Assassin and an Op, but with either/both along breezing past most of the trash is super easy.