Flashpoints too long for 99%

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree OP, the flashpoints are way too time consuming in this game. Flashpoint should take about 30-45 mins max. Many of the flashpoints drag on, and on with corridors populated with high HP trash mobs which make them just plain boring even on the first run.

Wow made the mistake with WOTLK and Cata to make dungeons doable in 30 mins or less. This did lead to content that was too easy and too fast, also called fastfood pve.

The result of this is playing without fun, because you know every corner inside out in a very short time. People also get slacky and try to skip everything, which then again leads to just doing the bosses.

The result is subs dropping, I doubt that BW wants this.

Wow made the mistake with WOTLK and Cata to make dungeons doable in 30 mins or less. This did lead to content that was too easy and too fast, also called fastfood pve.

The result of this is playing without fun, because you know every corner inside out in a very short time. People also get slacky and try to skip everything, which then again leads to just doing the bosses.

The result is subs dropping, I doubt that BW wants this.

So people complain about it being too short, and people Complain about it being too long. Isn't this discussion over since there can be no winning here?

I don't quite get the argument here...

First of all, you can beat about any hm except d7 and maybe kaon within an hour. Now if you don't know the instance or don't have properly geared group/tactics it can take longer but seriously, run fast ones if you don't have time, run longer ones if you do. There is nothing wrong with the fact not every FP can be done in 15 minutes.

Now claim that 99% can't dedicate an hour to do two fps that might demand it and are gonna unsub due to that... sorry but I call bs.

I see a lot of people who don't realize how much of the FP trash can be skipped...

I will readily admit that not every group has an Assassin and an Op, but with either/both along breezing past most of the trash is super easy.

So skipping past the trash is okay but removing the same trash so everybody can skip past it is bad?

Seriously? I mean, come on. We all skip every bit of trash that we can but if someone dares to ask for some to be removed they need to L2Play, quit MMO's, et al.

So skipping past the trash is okay but removing the same trash so everybody can skip past it is bad?

Seriously? I mean, come on. We all skip every bit of trash that we can but if someone dares to ask for some to be removed they need to L2Play, quit MMO's, et al.

There is a reason classes are different. Some will let you skip more. Some will change the tactics of encounters. No, not every group composition should play the same and have the same abilities. If there is one problem its the fact boss fights are the same regardless of composition, not 'qq sins/ops have stealth give everyone stealth qq'.

Yes.

SWTOR was billed from the get-go as heavily story-driven.

Regardless of whether or not trash is a great MMO instance mechanic, it wouldn't feel all that epic to raid an empty instance, fight a couple bosses, and go home with loot.

Love it or hate it, they're trying to replicate the feel of the movies (e.g. Death Star, assaults on Hoth and Endor, etc.). A small team of heroes (or villains) struggling against seemingly impossible odds and coming out on top.

By leveraging sneaky types, you're given a story-appropriate option for getting past the enemy hordes without fighting your way through. It's about as close as we're going to get to having our cake and eating it.

Sacrificing the Star Wars feel for slightly more convenient instances is going to piss off a lot more people than having too much trash. Especially the casuals who provide the bulk of subscription fees.

Edited by Omophorus

Didn't read the whole thread, replying to OP.

1h30 is not long for a flashpoint imho, but that's more of a preference then anything. For reference I enjoyed doing HM lost island for 4h on the day it came out and learning mechanics.

Last time I pugged D7 was last week. We had one member that insisted on watching the cut-scenes as it was his first time inside the flashpoint. Took us 30 mins to get to the last boss, we got it first try so I guess 35 mins total.

You were probably doing it wrong and not skipping trash.

1 pull of trash,

1 mini-boss

2 pull of trash

1 mini-boss

4-5 small groups of trash

1 boss

1 mob

1 boss

3 pulls of trash

1 mini-boss

2 pull of trash

1 boss