Dungeon Finder Needed Badly.

Obi-Wun

Yep, I have to agree with you on this. As I said, I'm for a good tool, I just debate some of the arguments that people make when they clamor for one.

Yep I realized that. I enjoy healthy debates as well.

Again though, I can't think of any reason not to at least have a local server LFD tool.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What this game really needs at this point...is a Dungeon Finder. It was a huge success in other MMO's, no reason for it not to be in this game.

Pros:

1. Can continue questing while waiting for group to form.

2. Prevents trolls from sitting there ruining General Chat while they are bored trying to fill a group.

3. Proves that BioWare can do something like this. Buys street creds.

Cons:

1. Some people think it ruins the community...but I think they are wrong. They obviously have not sat for an hour trying to fill a Flashpoint group.

2. People who think like that are probably in a huge guild and have no trouble filling groups. We're usually filling 2-3 of 4 and just need that last role.

Assuming you mean some sort of cross realm deal....

You know WoW bought "street creds" when the game was marketed on brightly colored soda bottles in the candy aisle, during episodes of Family Guy and South Park, and on the doors to 7-Eleven... we see how well that went for the community over there. I hope this game succeeds without becoming the top MMO in terms of sheer numbers.

I sat there in WoW and watched as Dual Spec and later LFD tore that game apart. Devs, please do not introduce LFD, and if you do please don't allow it to be cross server.

I'd rather wait 20 minutes for a good group instead of getting an insta queue with people who might as well be a bunch of bots. People who because they are not from your server will spout all kinds of vitriol and harass the group, afk'ers, and people who are in such a [seemingly] coke induced rush that as soon as the instance pops they run into packs of mobs before you can even get of a buff.

Plain and simple: A cross server LFD will destroy server autonomy and foment trolling and all around rude playing.

I'm just debating the points you raised, it's not my argument that is stupid. You are generalizing and extrapolating your own personal experiences and desires onto the rest of the community.

Don't backpedal now.

Keep debating with me... or are you conceding?

You can believe whatever you want on the subject, your individual opinion is of no value in the long run.

You're right. What matters is the hard numbers.

If Bioware sees that very few people are running flashpoints, and no one is using the current "flagging" function, they will probably experiment with adding a better LFG system.

If that system results in more people running flashpoints and more users, they will implement it.

MMO vets from back when the genre wasn't about having fun but rather 'putting in the work' complaining on an internet forum will do little to sway their opinion.

The onus is upon you, hardcore MMO vets - you better get out there and start advertising Bioware's current slapdash LFG system. Otherwise you'll wind up with an LFG tool.

Edited by carnac_fett

I would prefer to have major difficulty putting a group together than to have LFD implemented.

LFD is an anti-social tool designed for people who lack the social skill to communicate with people and the responsibility to get things going. My worst experiences in MMOs comes from having to deal with LFD personalities.

Many people are trying to ask for features that make it like the other big MMO out there. There's no need to play follow the leader here.

I am personally not in favour of having a 'dungeon finder', at least not in the way wow does it. At least not until the flashpoints get much more interesting. SWTOR seems to be much more about personal story, the flashpoints seem to be there just to appeal to that crowd. Granted I am one of those who love to group up for a dungeon, but the completion of a flashpoint does nothing for the progression of my character so its seems more of a distraction than something I would do with any sort of regular basis anyway.

Wow is much more centred around the instances, a lot of the lore comes from those dungeons. So a dungeon finder makes much more sense there so you can see and play important parts of the story. SWTOR flashpoints seems to be more of a side thing.

To add to that also, I like having to interact with people when I have to find and form a group, especially since it does not have to happen often to get full enjoyment out of it.

Of course this is just my personal opinion.

I sat there in WoW and watched as Dual Spec and later LFD tore that game apart. Devs, please do not introduce LFD, and if you do please don't allow it to be cross server.

How did people doing 5 man pugs tear the game apart? And dual spec? Really?

Please explain.

I will say there should be no bonus rewards for using the tool. The fast group is the reward.

Edited by Gohlar

Im not too fussed either way or not.

The only time i'd use it is like 3AM in the morning when no ones online and im on a night shift at work...

But a couple of things.

To those saying "Look at WoWs LFD tool blah blah blah."

Its *********** awful. The community stinks because of the cross server search.

Half the time, you get into a Dungeon and you get voted out because a "2 man group" that searched doesnt like your stats, character or armour/weapon.

Another quarter of the time, people just expect you to know how to kill every single boss and if you dont, they wont explain it to you, just vote you out the group and get someone else in.

The other 14% of the time, for DPSs' especially, waiting half hour for one group, finally get in and find that the person that flagged "Healer" is a DPSer and just wanted to get in quicker and refuses to leave.

Then the 1% you actually manage to get through it without any hassle.

Personally, im enjoying this game a lot lot more without the tool, which is one of things that turned me away from WoW.

Ive met so many good people on my server from grouping for FPs and such in General chat. When you party up you actually get a convo going and have a laugh.

With a LFD group, most of the time its just farming for gear and its done in complete silence.

As a note, ive never had to wait longer than 10 minutes to find a group for any flashpoint.

How odd, I sat there in WoW and watched as Dual Spec gave me an amazing amount of freedom with my character and later LFD enabled me to log on with only 45 minutes to spare and still get a dungeon run in.

I had a lot of fun with it.

People like to pretend that WoW only developed an awful community after LFD came out. It helps their points when they argue on the internet. Unfortunately, it is blatant misinformation.

Edited by carnac_fett

The tool would suck even if everyone did use it. It's garbage from 2003.

And no, I will not start a thread explaining how to use it.

You guys who love the current awful LFG system better buckle up and get to work explaining it to everyone you can find.

Otherwise, people will continue to not know this terrible LFG 'system' even exists, and we'll get our LFG tool all the earlier.

ROFLMAO

I don't need to buckle up and explain anything.

You're the one that can't figure out how to get into or start a group.

I'm having no problems in that department. LOL

And more to the point .. it isn't a "terrible LFG system". Just because SWTOR's peg doesn't fit into your polygon-like hole doesn't make it bad. It just means you would rather whine than learn the proper way to use it.

Go back to WoW please.

Pro cross server lfd people stop using that invalid general straw man arguement.

the socializing does not begin until you start the dungeon but you can't make friends with people across servers. Heck in wow i use to know everybody then the cross server lfd tool was implemented. Sure at first everything was ok but after a few months passed towns looked like a Pokemon game were everybody stands still. The world was deserted, and the people that were talking in trade and general....said some of the most stupid and perverted things i have ever seen in my life.

This game can have a same server lfd tool that's fine. The second they implement a cross server lfd tool i quit.

You're right. What matters is the hard numbers.

If Bioware sees that very few people are running flashpoints, and no one is using the current "flagging" function, they will probably experiment with adding a better LFG system.

If that system results in more people running flashpoints and more users, they will implement it.

MMO vets from back when the genre wasn't about having fun but rather 'putting in the work' complaining on an internet forum will do little to sway their opinion.

The onus is upon you, hardcore MMO vets - you better get out there and start advertising Bioware's current slapdash LFG system. Otherwise you'll wind up with an LFG tool.

The irony:

The old MMO: You made friends, you had to, you grew close as friends, sometimes you even had people get married. You enjoyed yourself, a guild was like a family. It was never work.

The new MMO: Log in. Punch the LFD button. Kill bosses. Get lewts.

The old MMO wasn't work, it was family.

The new MMO is an assembly line.

I don't want to work, I want the old days when MMOs were about fun.

But a couple of things.

To those saying "Look at WoWs LFD tool blah blah blah."

Its *********** awful. The community stinks because of the cross server search.

Does your community stink or just the people in LFD. There is a big difference.

My server's community was exactly the same as it always was. 5 man dungeons were pretty trivial....I don't see how stepping stone content destroyed everything. It makes no sense...

Edited by Gohlar

How did people doing 5 man pugs tear the game apart? And dual spec? Really?

Please explain.

I will say there should be no bonus rewards for using the tool. The fast group is the reward.

'Because WoW had it'.

That's the only excuse the opposition to these things can muster. It all comes down to that in the end.

Bioware will add those things though, because they are smart enough to realize the majority want it in.

The irony:

The old MMO: You made friends, you had to, you grew close as friends, sometimes you even had people get married. You enjoyed yourself, a guild was like a family. It was never work.

Why would you ever play it like that?

You have nobody to blame but yourself for this.

1. Eh, not really. Most flashpoint groups form on the fleet, and while you may get an invite while out on a planet leveling the time it takes to return the fleet rarely makes it worth it.

This is why they need some kind of system to teleport people in the party to you. Whether that is to you personally, your general location, or instance; or if it's an ability or something you click on at certain locations can be hammered out. I loved this in LOTRO and though it was a great idea.

Cool, thanks. Looking For Flashpoint tool incoming.

I will get a million dollars. Wait saying stuff doesn't make it true? O NO

Bioware has said they don't want a lfd tool. They want people to socialize with their community.

10 pages and not one single reason to not have a same server LFD tool that hasn't or can't be easily refuted. Bring it on Bioware.

just saying if it was same server...the que times could be possibly worse then spamming general for a group for dps....

How odd, I sat there in WoW and watched as Dual Spec gave me an amazing amount of freedom with my character and later LFD enabled me to log on with only 45 minutes to spare and still get a dungeon run in.

I had a lot of fun with it.

Dual Spec and LFD was a bane on WoW's existence and contributed to a LOT of players leaving.

I know an entire guild that went to WoW .. enjoyed it .. then left when the Dual Spec and LFD and a few other things made the game, in their guild leader's word's, "a ridiculous, elitist community split by those that know (how every single mechanic/dungeon works) and those that don't" ...

10 pages and not one single reason to not have a same server LFD tool that hasn't or can't be easily refuted. Bring it on Bioware.

We do have one in game already. It just needs to be improved. That can't be refuted by anyone.

The irony:

I don't understand. Can you explain how you are prevented from having friends and a family-like guild when there is an LFD system? I don't see any feature in the game that blocks you from doing so. I think you're mistaken. It would take some serious hardware to block people from making friends and joining good guilds. Might even take magic voodoo powers.

My best experience with a guild came long after WoW introduced an LFD system.

All an LFD system does is make it so that not EVERYONE needs an amazing guild like yours to do group content.

If the real issue is you're upset that other people are doing the same thing you're doing but faster and easier, then you're just the equivalent of a kid crying in a sandbox over some other kid's toys.