Free To Play For Solo/Story, Pay 15/Month For "MMO Features" — Everybody Wins

Shadysketchy

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if in your opinion this game does not deserve your 15 bucks why dont you cancel your sub and look on the market for a game that suits your 'needs' , 'style' , and any other reasons that are appealing to you from an mmorpg.

And I bet there must be a mmorpg suit to your taste and ideas about what a mmo suppose to be for you.

Whats the point to open such thread do you really think it will change something, that your so called opinion counts into something flower?

If you really want this game free, here a piece of advice. Wait a bit longer till the 'guys' will make some private servers around the world and go there and play it for free. Dont waste your time making threads so preposterous like this.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=106086

If I just quit, without giving feedback, I would feel bad, for not doing my best to help BioWare

No. Because the F2P players would benefit from the patches that the other people are paying for. Simple as that. The $15 per month isn't for the "luxury" of playing with other people. It's for the ability to play on Bioware's servers, use Bioware's bandwidth, use Bioware's data storage, use Bioware's customer service, and most importantly, pay for Bioware's development time. The only way to implement this fairly would be to cut the F2P players off from downloading patches and that would cause more problems than it's worth, because then people would essentially be playing two versions of the same game on the same servers.

quoted for truth

No can do, the odds of him being here after Jan 21 are way, way too short to make it worth betting on ;)

Pretty sure it's a trick question; I think the free month lasts until January 22, due to the 2 day grace period

Edited by Shadysketchy

If I just quit, without giving feedback, I would feel bad, for not doing my best to help BioWare

Do you really believe that or post just post because was no other logical answer?

So you want to 'help' BioWare with their new game. Did it ever come to you that is there a 'suggestion box' where you can put your so 'wise' insights about how the game should look like in the future?

Your thread and no offence appear like mushrooms after a good tropical rain with the most weird ideas.

Help does not come with whining and trolling and absurd nonsense ideas one more preposterous than the previous ones.

Use the 'suggestion box' and give them feedback as much as you want but dont be over zealous they needs to fix some issue first then after read your feedback and make it happen.

Thanks for your input

If you have some extra time, though, would you mind explaining why it is, that you don't think this is a good idea?

Free to play will cause there to be those with everything(those that have massive disposable income) they will be the top geared, top pvp, top pve, players and guilds.

Free to play make game economy super inflated so you have the have and the have not.

FTP games Are the most unbalanced and exploited out there.

NO NO NO to FTP

If it goes free to play I will say goodbye

Edited by Wapofoc

This is a win/win situation, for everyone. I don't think SWTOR is an MMO, so I won't pay 15 dollars a month for it, unless major changes are made; but I still like the stories, just like most other BioWare stories, and I consider that content worth the 60 dollar box. Those of you who do think SWTOR is an MMO can keep paying 15 dollars a month, for all of the game's "MMO Features".

The day when you're subscription ends shall be remembered and echo in eternity.

But EA has already won. Why do they need to change their pricing model to keep subs?

Riccitiello already stated they only need about 500K subs to be profitable. LA doesn't take its 35% cut until after all development costs are covered by subs.

So...what's the point of changing it? They've already achieved 1.5 million, right? They will continue to grow subs for at least the first year. So, if they grow another 1.5 million over the course of 2012, even if they lose half their player base at the end of the year they will still be 1.5 million subs up. All speculation on my part, but the point is I highly doubt they won't be able to maintain 500K subs throughout 2012.

Obviously there are continued development and maintenance costs, which we have no visibility into. But if they say 500K is enough, we can only assume 500K subs covers their operating costs.

They've already stated that the F2P model isn't for them. So I really don't think they want nor have a need to change the model.

Bottom line is this game is more the casual's mmo. From the posts complaining about no "target of target", the infamous "ability delay", it just seems they haven't implemented hardcore combat systems for a reason. They're more of a storybook MMO. So, they cater to the crowd who enjoys a storybook game. I really they don't think they have to change their model to cater to everyone.

Shady, I love how you respond to everyone who just calls you a troll or ridicules you, but you won't respond to my perfectly logical post. I want to hear your rational argument agains what I said. See below:

No. Because the F2P players would benefit from the patches that the other people are paying for. Simple as that. The $15 per month isn't for the "luxury" of playing with other people. It's for the ability to play on Bioware's servers, use Bioware's bandwidth, use Bioware's data storage, use Bioware's customer service, and most importantly, pay for Bioware's development time. The only way to implement this fairly would be to cut the F2P players off from downloading patches and that would cause more problems than it's worth, because then people would essentially be playing two versions of the same game on the same servers.

Shady,

You REALLY need to get a new hobby. If you applied all the energy you've spent trolling this game's forum since release on something productive, I'm sure you would go great places.

Pretty much this.

As others have said, for a guy that dont like the game or want to even keep paying a low amount of cash each month, you use an ABSURD amount of time proclaiming things that are wrong and things you want to change.

Whenever I go on the forum I see atleast 2 of your threads on the front page, if you spent the same time you use on forum, actually working, you would earn thos 15 bucks in 2 days tops.

Edited by Liania

Fact: Lots of people do not think SWTOR is a proper MMO

Fact: SWTOR has 8 different stories, well worth the 60 dollar box

Okay, so let's not argue about weather or not SWTOR is an MMORPG, a Co-Op Game, a Single Player game, etc.; let's just face the facts, that SWTOR feels like different genres, to different people. I ask that you respect the opinion, and perspective of all parties involved, if you post in this Thread

With that in mind, let's consider what's realistic in terms of payment options. Most people aren't going to pay 15 dollars a month for something they consider to be a Single Player game. The rest, who consider this game an MMO, probably don't mind the pay-to-play model. That's why I think SWTOR should have different payment models:

Plan A (The new one) — 60 Dollars for the box/CD Key, and you can play the game to your heart's content, on a PvE Server; but you cannot join or create groups, participate in PvP - Warzones or otherwise, and just in general, be excluded from all of SWTOR's "MMO Features". But you can play through every Story that interests you

Plan B (The current one) — 60 Dollars for the box/CD Key, plus 15 Dollars a month, and you can play the game to your heart's content; in the same exact way as we all can right now

This is a win/win situation, for everyone. I don't think SWTOR is an MMO, so I won't pay 15 dollars a month for it, unless major changes are made; but I still like the stories, just like most other BioWare stories, and I consider that content worth the 60 dollar box. Those of you who do think SWTOR is an MMO can keep paying 15 dollars a month, for all of the game's "MMO Features".

TL;DR, I think this game should be free to play for the stories, but pay to play for MMO Features; what do you think?

Some or most of this post is actualy confirmation that BW\EA has taken a MMO to new hights, if its actualy confusing what type of game this is based on story and what not as you say, it`s not a wow clone or a EQ clone, its a whait for it..

ITS A ****new gen mmo****

I personally feel instead of giving access to the whole game's story for free (which I would probably do) they should only allow you to play up to the end of Act 1 of your story for free. It would leave a cliffhanger, having you ask whats going to happen to your character, wondering about the story,etc. and leave an incentive to actually pay so you would be able access the next story arc AND you would get group content, PvP, etc.

Although letting people go up to level 31/32 for free does seem like a problem. Either way we don';t have to worry about it cause BioWare won't ever implement something like this.

Shady, I love how you respond to everyone who just calls you a troll or ridicules you, but you won't respond to my perfectly logical post. I want to hear your rational argument agains what I said. See below:

He doesn't reply to anybody that actually has an intelligent point. I answered a particular post of his back on page 8 and he failed to respond. We all know what type of people typically behave like this. Unfortunately BioWare doesn't allow us to label these types of people for what they are, but we all know that he is one of the biggest ones of those things here.

Edited by Mandrax

I call BS in SWTOR having 8 different stories. Sure, there are class quests, but the vast majority of quests I've done are just generic quests, which don't change when you create a new character, especially because all the classes (per side) converge on the same planet after they finish their origin world.

They don't care about people like you. You are just a serial complainer who has nothing positive to say and only want to talk about the negatives. What BioWare actually look for is constructive criticism. All you give is criticism, so don't think they actually listen to a thing you say. In fact, your reputation is rapidly growing (or declining might be the better word), so don't be surprised if NOBODY listens to anything you say.

Edited by Mandrax

I call BS in SWTOR having 8 different stories. Sure, there are class quests, but the vast majority of quests I've done are just generic quests, which don't change when you create a new character, especially because all the classes (per side) converge on the same planet after they finish their origin world.

People are talking about the 8 class stories. They are all unique.