Free To Play For Solo/Story, Pay 15/Month For "MMO Features" — Everybody Wins

Shadysketchy

This is once again based on you projecting your opinion on the game into other people. Unfortunately in reality it doesn't work this way. Now I'm certain you're upset that you didn't like SWTOR, but you have to be a big boy and realize others have their own opinions too. :)

You're arguing in circles — my point still stands, that once more people get to 50, they'll start saying the same stuff as me

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're arguing in circles — my point still stands, that once more people get to 50, they'll start saying the same stuff as me

I'm afraid you're wrong. There's nothing to argue about because unfortunately you do not have the right to tell others what to think. You think people will be dissapointed when they hit 50 and quit the game? You can think that all you want, but that is not fact.

Most attempted to not lvl from 1 to 50 in two days.

It took me nine days, but I'm not trying to say that more people should be 50 already; I'm only saying that once there are more 50s (whenever that may be), there will be more complaints about SWTOR in general, but especially how it feels like a Single Player game

It took me nine days, but I'm not trying to say that more people should be 50 already; I'm only saying that once there are more 50s (whenever that may be), there will be more complaints about SWTOR in general, but especially how it feels like a Single Player game

I think you created your own hell.

Let's play a game, Shady. The bold text there? Convince me it's a factual statement and not an opinion.

Until then you're argument is null and void.

Note: "I can't convince you" is recognizing it's you're opinion and conceding defeat.

Edited by Captain_Failure

Penny Arcade said it will be free 2 play soon and I think that will be the best option with micro-transactions.

Penny Arcade lol because they are well respected and always correct ROFL.

Almost as funny as thinking this game will ever have micro transactions.

Let's play a game, Shady. The bold text there? Convince me it's a factual statement and not an opinion.

Until then you're argument is null and void.

Just take a look at the Forums

More and more threads pop up everyday, about how SWTOR feels like a Single Player game, or that there's nothing to do at 50 (besides bugged PvE, and Huttball)

Cant wait till your sub runs out so we dont have to read your ill informed nonsense any more.

You are not the voice of the majority I am lvl 50 and have plenty to consume my play time. Our server is awesome, community is great if this forum didnt exist itd be perfect.

Sooner you and all the other negheads subs run out the better

So far I love the game,but if it ever go f2p I will quit.I will never play a f2p mmo....ever!

Imo f2p mmo's are for kids.

It never will, Just Like Bioware said at Comic-con 2011.

SWTOR will never be a F2P game and will never have micro transactions.

Just ignore the kids on here who post silly comments and threads, They are just misinformed, been playing failed MMO's or have not bothered researching the facts.

Cant wait till your sub runs out so we dont have to read your ill informed nonsense any more.

You are not the voice of the majority I am lvl 50 and have plenty to consume my play time. Our server is awesome, community is great if this forum didnt exist itd be perfect.

Sooner you and all the other negheads subs run out the better

Agreed.

Just take a look at the Forums

More and more threads pop up everyday, about how SWTOR feels like a Single Player game, or that there's nothing to do at 50 (besides bugged PvE, and Huttball)

You mean the same threads started by the same people talking to each other about how they agree with each other?

0/100

Apply yourself.

That's only because most people who bought SWTOR are still rolling new Classes, all of which are below level 30; but eventually more people will get to 50 on at least one Class

They'll come around

Actually you'll find the problem exists because most people that bought SWTOR are all under level 50 and enjoying the story ect. Only a very small percent of people have level 50 character and most are between level 30 and 40 on their main characters.

When the rest of the gamers get to level 50, in a month or so then we will see if the problem still exists.

The whole idea that F2P games are all bad is just narrow minded and ignorant. Guild Wars is a damn good game with the most balanced PvP I've seen.

That said - no SWTOR should not be F2P because BW has no reason to make it free. When an MMO goes from 15/month to F2P it's usually a last ditch effort to draw in customers, and right now BW has plenty.

I'm finding it very hard to understand how people keep saying that this game is "not a proper MMO."

What the flying #$@^ is your definition of a "Massively Multiplayer Online" game if not for something that has thousands of people playing on the same server at the same time interacting with each other through grouping, trade and PVP? Sounds pretty massively multiplayer to me. What features are missing for this to be a "proper" mmo?

Quests that bore you to death and are non-involving?

A character you don't really care about?

Walls of text that are unvoiced and unnecessary because all you really want to know is "what do I kill for exp and monies?"

Those are the only things missing from more classic MMO's that I've played and I'm not exactly complaining, so what the hell is wrong with the rest of you?

Also: The only people who are complaining that this game shouldn't have a subscription fee are the kiddies who have to struggle every month to get someone to pay the fee for them (i.e. they have no bloody job,) and that's the damned truth of it.

I'm sorry but I work for an hour and a half at MINIMUM wage and I can afford this game for the month. I work over 160 hours in the month, gee, not a big deal. Maybe you should go get a paper route or clean out the couch cushions more often children.

Edited by Ryuuga

TL;DR, I think this game should be free to play for the stories, but pay to play for MMO Features; what do you think?

I think I'm bored with seeing all these negative threads from you. When does your sub run out?

If this was meant to be for a single player market, they would not have given us 8 stories. The only reason there are 8 stories is because it's an MMO. Therefore if you wanna play all 8 stories, stop being tight and pay the sub fee, if you don't wanna pay, then you can't play.

IMO is wayyyy too early to be talking f2p. For those who rushed to 50 knowing this game is new and endgame is probably still being implemented and patched congrats. But why complain and scream f2p on a game of this magnitude? I'd like to atleast see where its going and wait maybe 6 months to a year and then re-eval. A couple weeks is too early. I'm enjoying the game as it is as well as the story and I personally can't wait until the content patchees and bug fixes start rolling in. So calm down, play the game, enjoy the game and get ready for new stuffs! Legacy FTW!

-1 humanity.. This thread is pointless. If you don't think TOR is a MMO then you are blind. It has all the elements from previous MMOs, with a story arc. If you can't find the multiplayer part then that is your fault. There are plenty of options to enhance the multiplayer experience, but you can't expect the game to do everything for you..

Fact: Lots of people do not think SWTOR is a proper MMO

Fact: SWTOR has 8 different stories, well worth the 60 dollar box

Okay, so let's not argue about weather or not SWTOR is an MMORPG, a Co-Op Game, a Single Player game, etc.; let's just face the facts, that SWTOR feels like different genres, to different people. I ask that you respect the opinion, and perspective of all parties involved, if you post in this Thread

With that in mind, let's consider what's realistic in terms of payment options. Most people aren't going to pay 15 dollars a month for something they consider to be a Single Player game. The rest, who consider this game an MMO, probably don't mind the pay-to-play model. That's why I think SWTOR should have different payment models:

Plan A (The new one) — 60 Dollars for the box/CD Key, and you can play the game to your heart's content, on a PvE Server; but you cannot join or create groups, participate in PvP - Warzones or otherwise, and just in general, be excluded from all of SWTOR's "MMO Features". But you can play through every Story that interests you

Plan B (The current one) — 60 Dollars for the box/CD Key, plus 15 Dollars a month, and you can play the game to your heart's content; in the same exact way as we all can right now

This is a win/win situation, for everyone. I don't think SWTOR is an MMO, so I won't pay 15 dollars a month for it, unless major changes are made; but I still like the stories, just like most other BioWare stories, and I consider that content worth the 60 dollar box. Those of you who do think SWTOR is an MMO can keep paying 15 dollars a month, for all of the game's "MMO Features".

TL;DR, I think this game should be free to play for the stories, but pay to play for MMO Features; what do you think?

Have you played through to 50? Good luck soloing. What a derp thread.

-1 humanity.. This thread is pointless. If you don't think TOR is a MMO then you are blind. It has all the elements from previous MMOs, with a story arc. If you can't find the multiplayer part then that is your fault. There are plenty of options to enhance the multiplayer experience, but you can't expect the game to do everything for you..

But since when has a simple thing like logic prevented people from resorting to hyperbole to suit their bias?

Have you played through to 50? Good luck soloing. What a derp thread.

Yes he has (or so he says), he rushed, he is bored because his friends aren't 50 so he has nothing to do, so he writes constant hate threads about how the game is dying, dead, failing, failed.

Edited by Mandrax