Criticism with Positive Ideas? Madness.

Cranberries

Somethings I can agree, and others I can't comment on because I'm not there yet. But the other people are right. Theirs no reason to put on your "credentials". Even if you don't mean it, it just makes you look like your trying to "show off" more then anything.

Seriously, just remove that small little thing and you will get A LOT more respect. And, unlike others, your able to post with out relying on petty insults like "fanboy" and avoid continuously spouting baseless "prophecys" on how this game will "fail". And for that, I honestly thank you.

Your signature says a lot about your own opinion on the matter.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didnt bring up how you had experienced this that and the other. You went on and on about your great accomplishments. Thats why you recieved the responses that you did.

Experience = accomplishments.

I have accomplished 4/5 on Hardmode EV and got the ONLY kill of Bonethrasher on Nightmare (thus the world first and only kill). Thus I have experienced it.

Would you listen to me giving a lecture on nuclear physics when I know nothing or would you listen to the professor who has a PhD in nuclear physics? Really. It's not a hard concept. If me being better than you hurts you, then I'm sorry.

I have accomplished 4/5 on Hardmode EV and got the ONLY kill of Bonethrasher on Nightmare (thus the world first and only kill). Thus I have experienced it.

Would you listen to me giving a lecture on nuclear physics when I know nothing or would you listen to the professor who has a PhD in nuclear physics? Really. It's not a hard concept. If me being better than you hurts you, then I'm sorry.

So essentially this is another Look at me thread. You start off your post with meme. and then when people tell you they dont care about your meme. You get angry and claim your better then someone because you got to a Boss before anyone else? You just made everything, even the useful points of your post, null and void.

So essentially this is another Look at me thread. You start off your post with meme. and then when people tell you they dont care about your meme. You get angry and claim your better then someone because you got to a Boss before anyone else? You just made everything, even the useful points of your post, null and void.

Not really. You should listen to me because I've done it and thus know what I'm talking about? I think I made you angry with my criticisms. Sorry.

THIS GAME IS PERFECT.

Okay seriously what the hell? You make really good points in your original post but try some modesty! So you obviously play the game a lot more than other people, that's your choice, but it doesn't make you BETTER than them!

I don't usually say stuff like this as I'm a gamer and it's my favourite hobby, but you need to get out more. You are not the "professor with a PhD" of this game... you are someone who has reached max level very quickly and experienced some of the end game. Yes, you have more experience than a lot of people in that area but please stop being so condescending and maybe just maybe you will be taken seriously.

I really appreciate that even-handed nature of your post. Much of the "This is fine, but this needs adjusting", with a reasonable air that doesn't insist on instant gratification for implementing such a fix, is lost on most of the forum-goers. I'm not sure I agree with *everything* you feel, but the vast majority. Thank you for being an informed and reasonable poster!

I will say though, that pointing out how qualified you are to speak on your experiences (while logically the correct thing to do), is like catnip to the trolls.

Forget the New Year, I've already rang in the New Year with my boyfriend.

What a misplaced first sentence. Completely irrelvent. It's like you're trying to prove something....

Edited by Ahzuzu

This community is beyond disgusting.... It's impossible to come to these forums and look to have legitimate discussion about issues we have with the game without being treated like garbage.

Many thanks to the OP for laying out some issues with end-game raiding. As I thought originally, I'm just going to have to play something else for now and give the developers a few months to make things actually work.

Not really. You should listen to me because I've done it and thus know what I'm talking about? I think I made you angry with my criticisms. Sorry.

THIS GAME IS PERFECT.

Here's what I think you've got wrong. Just because you've done something, doesn't make your opinion on it correct, it just means you *MIGHT* be correct.

I will say that I agree with you on some points, and disagree on others. As someone who has a level 50 and 2 level 30+ characters, I can respect your views. But you should at least realize that -- if you want people to listen to your ideas -- you don't need to put yourself above them. Credentials are fine, but who cares if you have a helmet no one else does? That is you boasting, no other way of putting it, as it does in no way reflect your knowledge on a subject.

Look at me, I've killed this boss before you (and I'm the only one in the world who has!), I've got this helmet before you, therefore you either agree with me or you're a fanboy. That is pretty much all I got from your credentials part of your post. So while you may not have intended it to come across that way, it does come across that way to a lot of people, including myself.

I, like other that said it, stopped reading (becuase I was laughing so hard) after the listing of "credentials". Too rich! (and none of what you listed means ANYTHING nor carries any weight at all. Furthermore, saying you did "world first" or "server first" anything in this game means NOTHING as there is no verification and your word against anyone else).

Keep writing super long, easily ignored posts though, so I can leap frog your "credentials" cause I will actually be playing the game. :D:D

I feel really annoyed.

I make a post that lists basic, legitimate criticisms with a game I want to succeed, and I give solutions to them and I ... get overran by a herd of fanboys under the pipe of the Pied Piper of Hamelin...

Great community, even WoW's is better.

No, you were bragging like a little child about how your ''credentials'' are better than everyone else and how your opinion is therefore more valid.

If you do that, people will ignore anything legitimate in your post. It works that way in real life too, trust me. If there is one thing I hate, it's undeserved arrogance.

I feel really annoyed.

I make a post that lists basic, legitimate criticisms with a game I want to succeed, and I give solutions to them and I ... get overran by a herd of fanboys under the pipe of the Pied Piper of Hamelin...

Great community, even WoW's is better.

Well, I'm sorry your majesty. I'll try to make sure the commoners do not bother you anymore in the future. I'll whip them too just to be sure.

You do have valid points, and it's a well thought out post. But there are 2 problems:

1) Your credentials. They mean nothing. A good post can be written by anyone. You do not need to beat X boss, or run Y dungeon to have good ideas. It's simply quite elitist.

2) This post I'm responding to. Do you want to provide feedback to BW? or are you looking for approval? That response looks like you are looking for approval more than anything else. Stop looking for approval from us, the "commoners" and you are good.

Overall, you do have valid points. Try not to sound so snobish, or look for so much approval, and you are good.

Edited by Raximillian

oh wow... a criticism post I mostly agree with and have no issues as to how its phrased.

the one thing that I slightly disagree with is usefulness of hardmode flashpoints. I haven't read through all the replies so not sure if its been brought up, I apologize if it has been.

not everyone wants to raid or has schedule that allows them to belong even to an 8 man team. but those folks may still want some challenge with their end game. getting 4 people together is far easier then getting 8 people together. those 4 people, who may or may not be real life friends and are looking for some end game challenge without having to join a hardcore guild - hardmode flashpoints are perfect for them.

edited, for the people who are attacking cranberries without even reading past credentials get over yourselves and stop with knee jerk reactions. READ the post.

I'm a fan of SWTOR. I can see myself playing it for a long long time. I like it as it is already. but it doesn't mean it couldn't use improvements.

btw, current raid frames already look like grid prototype, they just need more customization options.

edited to add, just noticed that bit about MMO's being about endgame. they should be about both the journey and the destination. endgame improvements? sure thing, but SWOTOR's heavy focus is on alts and leveling. there's a lot of group content along the way too, to encourage socialization and general MMO feel. so its probably not the best game for people who think that game starts at level cap. doesn't mean your endgame suggestions are invalid, just means the game is not entirely tailored to your playstyle and there's nothing wrong with it. its nice to have variety of games on the market to chose from with different focus. lets different people chose what they enjoy best.

Edited by Jeweledleah

Forget the New Year, I've already rang in the New Year with my boyfriend. Now, while he is contempt I am going to write up a very long winded post how Bioware can make the game, specifically the end game, a lot better. Before I go on note the following: I actually like the aims of Bioware to promote a story in an MMO, it is a 'new' concept. Neither WoW, anymore as they removed class quests, or any other title really has a large focus on a story while levelling. However, a story alone is not enough to garner appropiate subscriptions and keep a game alive.

With that said - these are my credentals, and why I believe I have a voice that should be listened to:

- Valor rank 57

- Cleared 4/5 EV on Hardmode

- Cleared 5/5 EV on Normal Mode

- Involved in the world first kill of Bonethrasher on Nightmare difficulty. Currently the only BH in the world with this item

- Cleared every Hardmode Flashpoint (except The Foundry as ... well it's bugged).

I do not care about small bugs that stop some level 23 Sith Marauder from jumping from 1 hill to another, that's irrelevant. MMOs are about the end game content. If you disagree you should play a single player game because MMOs do not survive unless end game content is both a product of quality and quantity.

The UI

This is a subject beaten to death, so I will simply say it needs to be modified. For end game raiding, at the highest level, there are too many interferences with the UI. I play a DPS BH in 8 man operations and will be healing in 16 man operations and so for me, as a healer, a UI is the staple I need to do my job to the best of my ability. I am 100% confident with the current UI I can do my job well, however with a UI I can customise and make "my own" I will be able to play a lot better, and surely that's a good thing? When raiding the hardest content available, it is annoying to simply face the fact that often fighting the intolerable UI is harder, as it cannot be changed, than fighting the bosses mechanics. The changes I propose are:

- Make party frames the CURRENT Operation frames and add companions into them, party bars will then look very nice and not need to be tampered with as the current party bars make for horrible healing. Even when healing on level 30 Sith Inquisitor, I use Operation frames when doing content with 2 companions because the party frames aren't good enough for the job.

- Make raid frames a complete carbon copy of Grid. Grid works. It just does, Grid works because raid frames are needed for healers, and that is all. In this game, at the top tier of raiding, there is no need for a DPSer to have operation frames anywhere in view or even look at them and the same can be said for tanks. Thus, make raid frames in the style of Grid to suit the need of the healers who actually need them. Rift uses a Grid style raid frame setup and it works well.

- After doing the aforementioned, give the ability to show debuffs (important ones, with the ability to add/remove debuffs) as a centre icon (again, like Grid). It will make it easier to dispell harmful effects and ultimately make healing more enjoyable as it will have more fluidity.

The Combat

For this I will simply link you to read this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=105955 because it simply states what I would only want to state. I will add though that this hinders the game so much, if I'm DPSing after I get 5 armour debuffs (from 3 Tracer Missiles) onto the boss I immediately like to use my trinket + adrenal and continue blowing up the boss. With the current system, however, I have to wait a good 1-2 seconds to use both items and it makes the game far less enjoyable and gives it less fluidity.

Crew Skills

Crafting, the way it is implemented, is fine. Infact it's more than fine in my opinion. I love the fact I can effectively level my crew skills while PvPing, or while doing Operations or even Hardmode Flashpoints. I think Bioware implemented crew skills in the right manner because they were outstandingly, however there is a big issue with them. If you are a hardcore raider, or PvPer, you will be using Biochem as your crafting profession. You will not use anything else. If you aren't a hardcore raider, you will be using Biochem if you want usefulness. The reason is simple: the Rakata Stims, Adrenals and the Medpack are simply ridiculous in comparison with what other crew skills recieve for hitting 400. It feels as if Biochem (and Slicing I guess) is/are the only complete crew skill(s). Why will you be using Biochem above all else? While it is true you can get amazing schematics for Cybertech, the ones you need (level 56/level 58 mods/armouring) only drop from hardmode/nightmare mode operations and what is worse, because you'll be using your tier set you can't modify the armour slot, only the mod slot. Your profession is effectively halved. Not to mention, if you don't choose Biochem and you raid, you wont be as effective as you can be and in a hardcore raiding guild every advantage is everything. You stack EVERYTHING in your favour to be world first.

Ilum's PvP

Currently there is no reason to PvP on Ilum. None. You gain no benefit. I killed a player in Ilum the other day and recieved nothing. Not one thing. If you want Ilum to be a hub of PvP activity such as Wintergrasp or Tol Barad rewards need to be implemented. Maybe they will come, maybe they will not. However, for it to be beneficial I suggest adding just 1 thing per kill: for every kill give a player 1 Mercenary Commendation, 1 Warzone Commendation and 1 random: Centurion or Champion Commendation. This will make killing worthwhile, and overall increase the fun of the zone as more people hit level 50.

Introductory Raiding: Normal Mode Content

For this, when Combat Logs make their way in (I'm not debating this as it's been beaten to death and rather pointless because they are coming), I suggest every normal mode boss having a handful of 'retard check' mechanics. So if we use EV as a current example: the first boss does 3 'retard check' mechanics: channelled AoE that you need to LoS, and a circle missile that you need to move out of or die. He also does an ability that requires the melee and tank to play smartly. This is good, how it should be. If every boss was like this in EV then it would be effective introductory raid content, however the third boss and fourth boss are ... for the most part ... complete jokes and I'm not sure what Bioware's thinking was behind them, personally. They just feel either bugged, incomplete or ... well that's it really.

Hardmode Content

Currently Hardmode content is simply boss does the exact same stuff with +%s to damage and damage. This is not fun as it's mostly a gear check. A boss should differ in hardmode compared to normal mode. The first boss, using the same example, could be far more enjoyable if perhaps during the boss' channelled AoE one of the two turrets you previously destroyed was repaired and had to be DPSd down during it save your raid being blown to bits by a turret and a boss. Gharj, for example, on hardmode difficulty could do something where he engulfs the area of land he pounds on in lava thereby limiting the amount of space you have - a mediocre, as it's hardmode, soft enrage. Sadly I cannot mention Nightmare mode content as I have only done Bonethrasher and according to 1.0.2 Nightmare mode 'strictly' isn't working correctly.

Hardmode Flashpoints

I struggle to see the point of Hardmode Flashpoints. Are they for a challenge? I'm not sure. They reward Columi (t2) items and a myriad of Tionese (t1) level epics however EV on normal mode (which is easier) offer the exact same rewards. I'm not sure what the point is other than bragging rights: "I've done Bulwark on Hardmode difficulty, thus I am better than you." It would also help, I guess, if the content was beyond belief bugged... Every Hardmode Flashpoint has some bug issues, as if they weren't tested at all. I hope when people hit level 50 they are fixed but given Patch 1.0.2's complete disregard of them, I doubt they will. Regardless they are pointless other than to complete the daily and weekly as these quests offer both credits, necessary for repair bills, and Columi Commendations. Due to this, as well, players can simply complete Black Talon or Battle of Ilum on Hardmode as these are by far the easiest and, arguably, fastest to complete.

PvP

PvP is fun but it *lacks* smoothness. I feel healers are completely worthless in PvP other than Sages and Sorcerers primarily because their absorption shield isn't reduced by the -30% healing debuff players get upon entering combat. I do believe some classes are more powerful than others, but that is normal for any MMO. MMOs will always have imbalances, and as long as both sides get the imbalances I guess it doesn't matter much - especially as there is no competitive PvP in SWTOR. I think that the plethora of crowd controls, slows, roots and knockbacks make PvP a complete farce, personally. They are not fun. Losing control of your character, with the slow activation time of the PvP trinket (referring to every classes level 9 spell) it feels you spend a lot more of your time in forms of CC rather than out of CC, and that's not good design.

Thank you for reading. I am going to end by saying - I do not care this game is "STAR WARS" - this game coUld be called "TERESA GREEN" and I'd have the exact same problems. Having the title "STAR WARS" should not excuse a game from near perfection. It should not excuse glaring issues. Neither should the fact "THE GAME IS NEW" excuse it from basic MMO practice. If we take the release of Rift: this game had everything I have said here, and it still failed. Think about this for a second: I am criticising a game for not having basic features that another MMO launched with and is now considered a failure. I would really wish people could see the imperfections of the game and the places where it falls short, drastically. This game has unique potential because of it's title but it's title will not sustain the game. It cannot; people will get bored of Star Wars eventually, and people will want a quality MMO with a large quantity of content.

A bit odd to start by saying what you said, are you trying to prove you're a lady? I'm not sure so I won't claim it's certain (or even likely) but that's the feeling I get.

"- Involved in the world first kill of Bonethrasher on Nightmare difficulty. Currently the only BH in the world with this item"

Your credentials were fine before this. This is pure boasting, it does not in any way show how much knowledge you have on a subject. The complaints about that part of your post are completely valid.

Agree on the UI.

Agree on the combat.

Agree on the crew skills.

Agree about the problem on Illum, disagree on your solution. One warzone commendation for killing one person is pathetic. Try something like 5 Warzone commendations, 3 mercenary commendations, 1 centurion commendation, and a chance at getting a random champion PvP equipment drop (fairly low chance).

Somewhat agreed on Introductory Raiding: Normal Mode Content, we have our differences but it would take far more typing than I wish to explain.

Agree and disagree to an extent on Hardmode Content. It would be nice to have different versions of the bosses' attacks, but that is certainly not a priority. Like a night and day cycle for planets, it's nice but it isn't a big problem at all. The UI and Combat issues should take top priority in my opinion. Smaller things like this should be remembered but really, I wouldn't even bring it up till they fixed the bigger issues. Wouldn't want to confuse their priorities.

Agree on Hardmode Flashpoints.

PvP is partly redundant (combat section), partly I disagree (that other healing classes are useless), disagree on the CC issue. Resolve dealt with that fairly well, you're only going to be stunned once and immobilized once per fight (generally speaking).

I feel that it should be stated, most games when they are new are FAR less complete and have FAR more issues. As someone who has seen the rise and fall of many an MMO, this game is quite complete with only a few major issues. Compare that to a ton of other MMO's that come out and are messed up and feel entirely incomplete (STO comes to mind), this game has been fairly smooth.

"It's not a hard concept. If me being better than you hurts you, then I'm sorry."

I have to say, that kind of shows how you really are though. You're in no way better than someone else if you've done something more than someone else. You may (or may not) have more knowledge than someone else on the subject, but that in no way means you're better than them. If anything, it's somewhat sad that you've rushed through the game so quickly. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I'd done all that you have... I'd be bored to tears and a bit saddened at how much time I'd spent playing. That was other a poor choice of words, or you really are stuck up, BIG TIME.

MMOs are about the end game content. If you disagree you should play a single player game because MMOs do not survive unless end game content is both a product of quality and quantity.

well I disagree, swtor is not ONLY about end game. Enjoying the story is a big part of it, which you obviously skipped (space bar a lot ?).

53 rank valor ? end game done ?! wow girl, i feel sad for you, is your life that bad really ? :eek:

Forget the New Year, I've already rang in the New Year with my boyfriend. Now, while he is contempt I am going to write up a very long winded post how Bioware can make the game, specifically the end game, a lot better. Before I go on note the following: I actually like the aims of Bioware to promote a story in an MMO, it is a 'new' concept. Neither WoW, anymore as they removed class quests, or any other title really has a large focus on a story while levelling. However, a story alone is not enough to garner appropiate subscriptions and keep a game alive.

With that said - these are my credentals, and why I believe I have a voice that should be listened to:

- Valor rank 57

- Cleared 4/5 EV on Hardmode

- Cleared 5/5 EV on Normal Mode

- Involved in the world first kill of Bonethrasher on Nightmare difficulty. Currently the only BH in the world with this item

- Cleared every Hardmode Flashpoint (except The Foundry as ... well it's bugged).

I do not care about small bugs that stop some level 23 Sith Marauder from jumping from 1 hill to another, that's irrelevant. MMOs are about the end game content. If you disagree you should play a single player game because MMOs do not survive unless end game content is both a product of quality and quantity.

The UI

This is a subject beaten to death, so I will simply say it needs to be modified. For end game raiding, at the highest level, there are too many interferences with the UI. I play a DPS BH in 8 man operations and will be healing in 16 man operations and so for me, as a healer, a UI is the staple I need to do my job to the best of my ability. I am 100% confident with the current UI I can do my job well, however with a UI I can customise and make "my own" I will be able to play a lot better, and surely that's a good thing? When raiding the hardest content available, it is annoying to simply face the fact that often fighting the intolerable UI is harder, as it cannot be changed, than fighting the bosses mechanics. The changes I propose are:

- Make party frames the CURRENT Operation frames and add companions into them, party bars will then look very nice and not need to be tampered with as the current party bars make for horrible healing. Even when healing on level 30 Sith Inquisitor, I use Operation frames when doing content with 2 companions because the party frames aren't good enough for the job.

- Make raid frames a complete carbon copy of Grid. Grid works. It just does, Grid works because raid frames are needed for healers, and that is all. In this game, at the top tier of raiding, there is no need for a DPSer to have operation frames anywhere in view or even look at them and the same can be said for tanks. Thus, make raid frames in the style of Grid to suit the need of the healers who actually need them. Rift uses a Grid style raid frame setup and it works well.

- After doing the aforementioned, give the ability to show debuffs (important ones, with the ability to add/remove debuffs) as a centre icon (again, like Grid). It will make it easier to dispell harmful effects and ultimately make healing more enjoyable as it will have more fluidity.

The Combat

For this I will simply link you to read this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=105955 because it simply states what I would only want to state. I will add though that this hinders the game so much, if I'm DPSing after I get 5 armour debuffs (from 3 Tracer Missiles) onto the boss I immediately like to use my trinket + adrenal and continue blowing up the boss. With the current system, however, I have to wait a good 1-2 seconds to use both items and it makes the game far less enjoyable and gives it less fluidity.

Crew Skills

Crafting, the way it is implemented, is fine. Infact it's more than fine in my opinion. I love the fact I can effectively level my crew skills while PvPing, or while doing Operations or even Hardmode Flashpoints. I think Bioware implemented crew skills in the right manner because they were outstandingly, however there is a big issue with them. If you are a hardcore raider, or PvPer, you will be using Biochem as your crafting profession. You will not use anything else. If you aren't a hardcore raider, you will be using Biochem if you want usefulness. The reason is simple: the Rakata Stims, Adrenals and the Medpack are simply ridiculous in comparison with what other crew skills recieve for hitting 400. It feels as if Biochem (and Slicing I guess) is/are the only complete crew skill(s). Why will you be using Biochem above all else? While it is true you can get amazing schematics for Cybertech, the ones you need (level 56/level 58 mods/armouring) only drop from hardmode/nightmare mode operations and what is worse, because you'll be using your tier set you can't modify the armour slot, only the mod slot. Your profession is effectively halved. Not to mention, if you don't choose Biochem and you raid, you wont be as effective as you can be and in a hardcore raiding guild every advantage is everything. You stack EVERYTHING in your favour to be world first.

Ilum's PvP

Currently there is no reason to PvP on Ilum. None. You gain no benefit. I killed a player in Ilum the other day and recieved nothing. Not one thing. If you want Ilum to be a hub of PvP activity such as Wintergrasp or Tol Barad rewards need to be implemented. Maybe they will come, maybe they will not. However, for it to be beneficial I suggest adding just 1 thing per kill: for every kill give a player 1 Mercenary Commendation, 1 Warzone Commendation and 1 random: Centurion or Champion Commendation. This will make killing worthwhile, and overall increase the fun of the zone as more people hit level 50.

Introductory Raiding: Normal Mode Content

For this, when Combat Logs make their way in (I'm not debating this as it's been beaten to death and rather pointless because they are coming), I suggest every normal mode boss having a handful of 'retard check' mechanics. So if we use EV as a current example: the first boss does 3 'retard check' mechanics: channelled AoE that you need to LoS, and a circle missile that you need to move out of or die. He also does an ability that requires the melee and tank to play smartly. This is good, how it should be. If every boss was like this in EV then it would be effective introductory raid content, however the third boss and fourth boss are ... for the most part ... complete jokes and I'm not sure what Bioware's thinking was behind them, personally. They just feel either bugged, incomplete or ... well that's it really.

Hardmode Content

Currently Hardmode content is simply boss does the exact same stuff with +%s to damage and damage. This is not fun as it's mostly a gear check. A boss should differ in hardmode compared to normal mode. The first boss, using the same example, could be far more enjoyable if perhaps during the boss' channelled AoE one of the two turrets you previously destroyed was repaired and had to be DPSd down during it save your raid being blown to bits by a turret and a boss. Gharj, for example, on hardmode difficulty could do something where he engulfs the area of land he pounds on in lava thereby limiting the amount of space you have - a mediocre, as it's hardmode, soft enrage. Sadly I cannot mention Nightmare mode content as I have only done Bonethrasher and according to 1.0.2 Nightmare mode 'strictly' isn't working correctly.

Hardmode Flashpoints

I struggle to see the point of Hardmode Flashpoints. Are they for a challenge? I'm not sure. They reward Columi (t2) items and a myriad of Tionese (t1) level epics however EV on normal mode (which is easier) offer the exact same rewards. I'm not sure what the point is other than bragging rights: "I've done Bulwark on Hardmode difficulty, thus I am better than you." It would also help, I guess, if the content was beyond belief bugged... Every Hardmode Flashpoint has some bug issues, as if they weren't tested at all. I hope when people hit level 50 they are fixed but given Patch 1.0.2's complete disregard of them, I doubt they will. Regardless they are pointless other than to complete the daily and weekly as these quests offer both credits, necessary for repair bills, and Columi Commendations. Due to this, as well, players can simply complete Black Talon or Battle of Ilum on Hardmode as these are by far the easiest and, arguably, fastest to complete.

PvP

PvP is fun but it *lacks* smoothness. I feel healers are completely worthless in PvP other than Sages and Sorcerers primarily because their absorption shield isn't reduced by the -30% healing debuff players get upon entering combat. I do believe some classes are more powerful than others, but that is normal for any MMO. MMOs will always have imbalances, and as long as both sides get the imbalances I guess it doesn't matter much - especially as there is no competitive PvP in SWTOR. I think that the plethora of crowd controls, slows, roots and knockbacks make PvP a complete farce, personally. They are not fun. Losing control of your character, with the slow activation time of the PvP trinket (referring to every classes level 9 spell) it feels you spend a lot more of your time in forms of CC rather than out of CC, and that's not good design.

Thank you for reading. I am going to end by saying - I do not care this game is "STAR WARS" - this game coUld be called "TERESA GREEN" and I'd have the exact same problems. Having the title "STAR WARS" should not excuse a game from near perfection. It should not excuse glaring issues. Neither should the fact "THE GAME IS NEW" excuse it from basic MMO practice. If we take the release of Rift: this game had everything I have said here, and it still failed. Think about this for a second: I am criticising a game for not having basic features that another MMO launched with and is now considered a failure. I would really wish people could see the imperfections of the game and the places where it falls short, drastically. This game has unique potential because of it's title but it's title will not sustain the game. It cannot; people will get bored of Star Wars eventually, and people will want a quality MMO with a large quantity of content.

See, you messed up when you started quoting things that make you "qualified"

Because you actually have some good points and points I am don't really care about.

I do not PvP but realize that when I max level, I may want to indulge in a little bit. Problem is, you are right about the end game PvP. I have seen that there is no reward to PvP and that is kind of dumb saying what they are trying to accomplish. You have to give people a reason to defend points.

But, nice post and thought out, but you don't need to throw down credentials to make a point. End game should always be improved upon and I feel BioWare will. I think they really thought people would spend more time playing alts and looking at the other stories....

THIS GAME IS PERFECT.

So, you didnt say you were upset that people blew off your post? But Im angry because I said I didnt care to waste my time reading it thru after your 'credentials'?

First, I dont have to do anything just because youve done it. Im quite knowledgable in MMO gameplay myself. This isnt the first or the last MMO Ill play.

Second, If you want me or anyone else like myself to actually give a rats *** about your opinion maybe you should tone down the elitism in your posts. Your not the Gods Gift to MMO players. Being the first to kill something, or the first and only person to get some rare item...which Id like to know how your able to prove either. Doesnt make you an expert on anything.

All you had to do was come in here, say hey, Id like to make a unbiased post about what I think needs improvements and how it can be improved. Youd have alot less people bashing you and more people discussing your suggestions.

But somehow I get the feeling, Im still gonna be accused of being ANGRYYYYYYY.

stopped reading after you tooted your horn about how your the first and only of this that and the other.

If you want people to actually care what you say. Dont try to put yourself above others with useless "i did it first" bs infront of it.

You mean just like you did?