Criticism with Positive Ideas? Madness.

Cranberries

This.

Dropping down after the intro cinematic to Bonethrasher only to have your entire raid cleaved because the drop down point is bugged. Bioware need to understand you do not need cinematics to make a raid exciting, Kael'thas introduction? Kil'Jaeden introduction? No cinematics, yet truly epic introductions.

I can't stop laughing at how comical the Deathwing Alexstrasza 'cinematic' is.. It's garbage compared to even the weakest cutscene in SWTOR.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget the New Year, I've already rang in the New Year with my boyfriend. Now, while he is content I am going to write up a very long winded post

I have to be honest... I stopped reading after this. Some details are just not important to your thesis.

This forum community is the worst of any MMO I have ever played. Guy posts valid critiques and he gets blasted. If he didn't post his 'creds' then he would have got blasted for being a noob. Jeez guys...the game isn't perfect and some people are going to have a problem with some of the flaws. Sometimes the Emperor has no clothes. Edited by PjPablo

Good summary of points, too long for most to manage (I am a speed reader), rather too much in the way of self-justification. Anyone actually capable of debating is also capable of debating the message, not the person.

This forum community is the worst of any MMO I have ever played. Guy posts valid critiques and he gets blasted. If he didn't post his 'creds' then he would have got blasted for being a noob. Jeez guys...the game isn't perfect and some people are going to have a problem with some of the flaws. Sometimes the Emperor has no clothes.

Granted I may well be imposing my own stereotypes here whilst lambasting yours, but when someone intro's their post with seeing the New Year in with their boyfriend, there is a small possibility they may be of the female gender. Just a thought.

Also, you post creds after someone complains. It's much more satisfying & detracts less from the main post. People who care about creds can read it then. I was much more interested in the actual message.

Can we please get over the whole 'anyone who complains is a troll and anyone who defends the game is a drone'? There's a *********** happy medium in there somewhere I swear! Making posts about it is just getting annoying.

Edited by Grammarye

I can't stop laughing at how comical the Deathwing Alexstrasza 'cinematic' is.. It's garbage compared to even the weakest cutscene in SWTOR.

Yes, Blizzard dropped the ball with quite alot of their cutscenes. However, this is the kind of Boss intro he was referring to: (Note that it is real time - Not a cutscene. This is what he meant by "you don't need cutscenes to make Raiding exciting").

Edited by ajjw

+1 For the disappointment in the forum community.

Well thought out and constructive post. The controversial "credibility" was a plus for me as I'd prefer to hear these critiques from a more hardcore type of player.

The rest of you who TLDR'd because of the first line or the "creds" simply illustrate your ignorance.

Reading some of these responses make me not want to live on this planet anymore.

Well thought out and constructive post. The controversial "credibility" was a plus for me as I'd prefer to hear these critiques from a more hardcore type of player.

The rest of you who TLDR'd because of the first line or the "creds" simply illustrate your ignorance.

Reading some of these responses make me not want to live on this planet anymore.

Speaking of TLDR, I see you missed the part where many of us were not concerned with the credentials as much as the way they were presented. Also, many of us were simply suggesting that the OP try to be less condescending while adding that his salient points seemed well-reasoned and agreeable.

While I wouldn't say I don't want to live on this planet anymore, the general tolerance and even encouragement of people ignoring civility makes me wonder about gamer communities in general.:cool:

Speaking of TLDR, I see you missed the part where many of us were not concerned with the credentials as much as the way they were presented. Also, many of us were simply suggesting that the OP try to be less condescending while adding that his salient points seemed well-reasoned and agreeable.

While I wouldn't say I don't want to live on this planet anymore, the general tolerance and even encouragement of people ignoring civility makes me wonder about gamer communities in general.:cool:

This.

Most of us just can't stand how the OP completely disregards other people. There's something to be said for people who can be civil and treat others that haven't wronged them with respect. I read his entire post, and agreed with a good bit of it, but the boasting was not necessary and the replies were simply rude, condescending, and not civil.

This.

Most of us just can't stand how the OP completely disregards other people. There's something to be said for people who can be civil and treat others that haven't wronged them with respect. I read his entire post, and agreed with a good bit of it, but the boasting was not necessary and the replies were simply rude, condescending, and not civil.

I disregard other people? I disregard people who are wrong because well, they are wrong. Irae AoD recently killed nightmare mode Soa, the Infernal One and while pleased overall even they were angry at how buggy the boss fight was. Like I said, I have no need to make "friends" with people over the internet: I have a wealth of friends, who I care about and care about me, and thus I do not care if some bad player dislikes me.

The points I made are correct, while the solutions require debate the points I made - and the reasons for making them - are entirely correct, you're just angry I'm attacking this horriblly designed game.

Casual bad players get angry at hardcore good players in an MMORPG.

More at 11.

I disregard other people? I disregard people who are wrong because well, they are wrong. Irae AoD recently killed nightmare mode Soa, the Infernal One and while pleased overall even they were angry at how buggy the boss fight was. Like I said, I have no need to make "friends" with people over the internet: I have a wealth of friends, who I care about and care about me, and thus I do not care if some bad player dislikes me.

The points I made are correct, while the solutions require debate the points I made - and the reasons for making them - are entirely correct, you're just angry I'm attacking this horriblly designed game.

It's not the bad players that dislike you. It's not even about disliking you AT ALL. I couldn't care less about your points honestly, I responded to them and agreed with you on most of them (go back and look it up). If you want serious players that aren't jerks to take you seriously, you need to be civil. You are about as far from civil as China is from America, then add a couple thousand light-years.

Bottom line, if you want a GOOD discussion/dialogue, the intelligent thinkers also tend to be the people who like to be respectful to others (as they're the ones intelligent enough to see that being condescending or a jerk is ONLY harmful to your case, it is in no way beneficial). I'm FAR from a bad player, I'm not casual, I'm as hardcore as you (don't believe me? Played Twelve Sky 2? Ask around in the Guan's main town, ask if any of them know LongHaoKan, a person who won by vote the faction leader position and led thousands of them. Or ask my guild InnerCircle with hundreds of people on Vindictus, ask any former LOA player if they remember the highest level at the time... Bet you a lot of them will say BobTheGirl, notice a naming trend?).

I'm more than qualified in general MMO experience to not be considered a "bad player" and if you want me to take you seriously (and other intelligent people, OccamsRazor for example) you're going to need to learn to be civil.

Furthermore, get some experience with new MMO's behind your belt before you call this a horribly designed game. It has a TON of faults (I'm not a blind fanboy). As a person who's seen probably 10 or more MMO launches (both F2P and P2P), this one is incredible, not the absolute best but it really did shock me.

Seriously, just be civil. Apologize for your uncalled for rudeness, and in the future remember, thinkers respond to thought -- not boasting and rudeness. Or else no one worth talking to will ever take you seriously, that is unless you just want people that agree with you entirely... Like everyone else who thinks your post was perfect. Notice EVERYONE (literally) who actually tried discussing your points also brought up the boasting or the rudeness? Those are the people worth talking to, not the fanboys or the people who hate the game and agree with any criticism.

Edited by BobTheTeepo

I, for one, completely understand why the OP would be rude to others. I've read these boards since Beta and to be frank they are bad. Really really bad. WoW bad. So it's only fair to be less than subtle about some points around here.

I understand being rude to someone who was a jerk to you, but most of us were never rude to him, only the fanboys were. He freaked out at a person who didn't read ALL of the OP's posts, I've brought it up a lot of times, but it really does show how poorly the OP acts. Again, being civil is simple, easy, and even beneficial to the OP AND his cause, but he'll have none of it.