Of Course It Gets Boring, If...

falkerman

Why are you bored with the game?

Is it because you were still in WoW mode and felt like you NEEDED to grind your way to 50 within the first week?

Well then of course you're bored! You took this "GAME" and turned it into "WORK" and you wonder why you aren't excited about it anymore!

Myself, along with my friends who are playing, started on like Day 3-4 of early access, and we're all in the mid-30's. We only spend maybe a few hours at a time playing this game, then once it gets a bit tiresome, we log off and do something else. Whether it be playing another game, or spend time with family and friends, or whatever else we enjoy doing.

I've never played the new Skyrim game, but I've heard it's really fun. But play it for 6 hours straight and I'm sure it gets just as boring as anything else you do for 6 hours.

Same thing with the FPS games people love. Sure, Battlefield and COD are fun, but when you play them for hours and hours on end, you get bored.

Moral of the story is to not get burned out on this game, or else you'll resent it. Don't treat it like something you HAVE to do, treat it like something you WANT to do, and you won't ever be bored with it. The End.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moderation is a good thing. :)

I powered through as much as I possibly could and ignored the whole world when I got beta the last weekend and then early access... I got to the point where I felt frustrated and didn't want to play. Took a break for a few days...now I'm really happy and having fun. :)

I'm only currently posting 'cause I'm hanging out at the artifice trainer while I send my droid on a billion crafting commands. :>

im level 50... my main is a sith warrior jugg tank who has done all of the hard mode flash points and is halfway through eternity vault...

i am enjoying the balls out of this game and will continue to do so.. there is so much to do..and jugg is so awesome at all of it.

You Biodrones need to start put some more thought into your posts before making all these rubbish topics.

You sound like your way of playing is the "right" way of playing the game. Like everyone else who plays more than you, plays because they NEED to play 16 hours a day.

What if they like to play as much? What if they don't get burned out, but they lack stuff to do when they hit max level?

I'm only level 30-something because I have a busy real life, I work out a lot, play my guitar, date chicks and have a good job. But considering how easy it is to level in this game, I'm worried that I'll be 50 looong before they have gotten rid of all the bugs in the first raid, and made some new raid-dungeons.

You come on these forums to flame those who are concerned about lacking features and/or lack of "endgame"-content. You're no better than the haters, only you are on the other end of the scale.

Please think before you post.

And that is the lesson that we all learn in life, take things with a grain of salt. Take your time, don't rush. And that's exactly what I have been doing as well. I don't feel pressured to schedule that raid, or get to level 50 before my friends. I don't feel pressured to be online 10 hours a day and grind mindlessly until I fall off my chair.

The game has taught me that, and I'm happy for it.

You Biodrones need to start put some more thought into your posts before making all these rubbish topics.

You sound like your way of playing is the "right" way of playing the game. Like everyone else who plays more than you, plays because they NEED to play 16 hours a day.

What if they like to play as much? What if they don't get burned out, but they lack stuff to do when they hit max level?

I'm only level 30-something because I have a busy real life, I work out a lot, play my guitar, date chicks and have a good job. But considering how easy it is to level in this game, I'm worried that I'll be 50 looong before they have gotten rid of all the bugs in the first raid, and made some new raid-dungeons.

You come on these forums to flame those who are concerned about lacking features and/or lack of "endgame"-content. You're no better than the haters, only you are on the other end of the scale.

Really? Did I really flame anyone, or tell them how to play?

Did I come after you specifically and say the way you play is wrong?

No. I didn't. I just gave advice to people who feel "bored," because perhaps they feel that way because they treat the game like a job. I advised them to not get burned out.

Does that pertain to you? Obviously not, because you're still enjoying the game, your life, and play at your own pace.

If you can play for 16 hours straight without feeling burned out or bored, then by all means, continue. No one's going to attack you about your playing habits as long as you're still enjoying yourself.

Please think before you look like a jerk.

The game is boring. It's done nothing new for the genre at all. I can't even be bothered logging in much anymore, hit 45 and that's me bored out of my skull. Bring on guild wars 2 I say

If you get bored with swtor you will get bored with guild wars 2 aswell.Its another point and click mmo.If you want something new wait for tera online to hit eu release.

Edited by Stormgnoef

Why are you bored with the game?

Is it because you were still in WoW mode and felt like you NEEDED to grind your way to 50 within the first week?

I only got to level 24 and another level 13, hardly rushed at all and i am completely bored of this linear mess. Sorry but you're wrong if you think you have to rush to 50 to not like the game.

Feeling kinda like the OP said. This is an MMO so I've been I was in the mood for some grinding when I bought it. Its got a much slower pace to the levelling though so I've started to feel bored. Think best option is to just not play it for a few days :p

If you get bored with swtor you will get bored with guild wars 2 aswell.Its another point and click mmo.If you want something new wait for tera online to hit eu release.

Whoa Whoa Whoa.

GW2 is going to be a LOT different to this game.

Totally disagree with your comment.

Whoa Whoa Whoa.

GW2 is going to be a LOT different to this game.

Totally disagree with your comment.

GW2 is definitely going to be different than most of us would expect out of an MMO. I mean I am sure it will have "gather 10 x and bring it to Mr. Z. Accept the majical A and use the Magical A to blah blah blah" But ncsoft is very adept at creating successful mmo's.

Guild Wars 1 still has a healthy population

The game will be F2P

It will run on a state of the art engine

Their biggest fail was aion which was, In my opinion, an awesome game.

Edited by JerseyDevlin

I have to agree with you. If people try to make this into something have to do, of course it's going to get boring, but if people play it for what it is, than they will enjoy it even more.

Though I play for hours on end, so playing for a while most of the time, does not make a difference, it's how you play that does.

My expert analysis...

Some people like it, some people don't. The people who like it should keep playing it. The people that don't, shouldn't.

I accept donations, adulation, and of course constant admiration at this most astonishing of revelations.

It doesn't much matter if people are bored. The people who are currently "bored" with the game either don't like it, or would have been bored with the game after two weeks regardless. People confuse their opinion of the game with it's supposed lack of content. Personally, I find the game fun, but I am not overdoing it. Of course the game is pretty linear, when, in all these years, has a Bioware game been anything but linear? All those people who are bored will just move on to the next game in a couple months, blast through the content in a week and claim they are bored again, and the cycle begins anew.

Crawl back into /v/, please