Of Course It Gets Boring, If...

falkerman

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post, and I agree.

Yup, Im forcing myself to take my time, enjoy the stories (thats not forced, the stories are fantastic, I just force myself to slow down so I give them the time to enjoy)., doing the crafting, ect.

Soon Ill have a steady 3 person group for the 30+ game where we 3 will do flashpoints and heroics and everything togather and thats going to be amazing :)

Did that in beta with a beta friend and the 2 of us partnered through most of the jedi cons game (I was sage, he was shadow, so was same storyline we did).

Anyone thats bored already either raced to 50 and needs to slow down

or

just doesnt like MMORPGs to begin with and wants everything to revolve around them as it does in single player games.

TOR not perfect of course, Bioware made tons of mistakes and really dumb choices as well. But if you approach this as a PVE centric game thats about the journey and give the journey time it requires. This game delivers the goods, for awhile.

In 6 months we will see if thats still the case as in 6 months most everyone will have maxed those characters they plan on playing (thats TORs downside, the fast and easy max). But thats after the journey. This game is about the journey.

So yeah, you skip the journey, of course your bored.

GW2 Will get chewed up and spit out like any other fantasy based MMO released these days.

maybe, maybe not. Lets wait and see.

But if so, and I doubt it, I'll have spent on a game I can dip back into to see how it evolves.

Swtor with its sub is not like that, if its crap, and in MY opinion it is, then I wont sub, in which case how do BW tempt me back as they cant demonstrate new content to me? And yes I know you dont give a **** if I leave, but BW will want to retain people and tempt people back.

Yup, Im forcing myself to take my time, enjoy the stories (thats not forced, the stories are fantastic, I just force myself to slow down so I give them the time to enjoy)., doing the crafting, ect.

Soon Ill have a steady 3 person group for the 30+ game where we 3 will do flashpoints and heroics and everything togather and thats going to be amazing :)

Did that in beta with a beta friend and the 2 of us partnered through most of the jedi cons game (I was sage, he was shadow, so was same storyline we did).

Anyone thats bored already either raced to 50 and needs to slow down

or

just doesnt like MMORPGs to begin with and wants everything to revolve around them as it does in single player games.

TOR not perfect of course, Bioware made tons of mistakes and really dumb choices as well. But if you approach this as a PVE centric game thats about the journey and give the journey time it requires. This game delivers the goods, for awhile.

In 6 months we will see if thats still the case as in 6 months most everyone will have maxed those characters they plan on playing (thats TORs downside, the fast and easy max). But thats after the journey. This game is about the journey.

So yeah, you skip the journey, of course your bored.

Sober up a bit please. For some its just a boring game. A bad boring game even.

maybe, maybe not. Lets wait and see.

But if so, and I doubt it, I'll have spent on a game I can dip back into to see how it evolves.

Swtor with its sub is not like that, if its crap, and in MY opinion it is, then I wont sub, in which case how do BW tempt me back as they cant demonstrate new content to me? And yes I know you dont give a **** if I leave, but BW will want to retain people and tempt people back.

I can agree with that. The ability to come back would be nice, I believe that Bioware will adapt to this somehow. Even blizzard used to delete accounts after 90 days of inactivity, you used to have to stay on the phone with someone a long time just to get it back.

I dunno, I believe they will make some effort, or perhaps delay the amount of time it takes before your character is permanently deleted.

Even then, I'm not so sure they will.

So basically what I took away from OP's post is that if you want to like the game, you shouldn't play it very much.

That rationale seems fundamentally wrong to me, but whatever.

I know, its the most arse backwards arguement I've ever seen.

So basically what I took away from OP's post is that if you want to like the game, you shouldn't play it very much.

That rationale seems fundamentally wrong to me, but whatever.

I think the point was more to point out to those people who are here for a grind fest are going to be dissapointed.

Like: If you are the kind of person who rushes through content to get to the end, you are PROBABLY gonna be bored.

But you can summarize it to make his comment seem worthless. w/e works I guess.

I can agree with that. The ability to come back would be nice, I believe that Bioware will adapt to this somehow. Even blizzard used to delete accounts after 90 days of inactivity, you used to have to stay on the phone with someone a long time just to get it back.

I dunno, I believe they will make some effort, or perhaps delay the amount of time it takes before your character is permanently deleted.

Even then, I'm not so sure they will.

Rift did, and does, lots of F2P weekends and such and low sub deals.

IMO its a great idea, but every time they do it they get blasted by people saying its because its a dying game (its not).

I wonder if BW will go down that route which is ultimate a good one, but will get people saying doomsday predictions about the game.

Now, I am pretty negative abut the game, mainly because I think it could be so much better. I'd love to play a really really good star wars MMO, I just think BW could do much better (and have in the past, they've released some cracking games). I dont think that SWTOR will fail, In fact I'm bloody sure it wont, But I do think BW need a kick up the arse to bring it up to its potential.

Rift did, and does, lots of F2P weekends and such and low sub deals.

IMO its a great idea, but every time they do it they get blasted by people saying its because its a dying game (its not).

I wonder if BW will go down that route which is ultimate a good one, but will get people saying doomsday predictions about the game.

Now, I am pretty negative abut the game, mainly because I think it could be so much better. I'd love to play a really really good star wars MMO, I just think BW could do much better (and have in the past, they've released some cracking games). I dont think that SWTOR will fail, In fact I'm bloody sure it wont, But I do think BW need a kick up the arse to bring it up to its potential.

It will get better. I know that, and I have faith that it will.

Next month or three, they will be releasing a free trial, in combination with a few major patches like yesterdays, they will be able to start pullin' in newer members, and as the game gets more polished -- people will start to come back if they left.

Personally, I am confident that not much will change ultimately between today and tomorrow; not many people are going to leave when looking at the big picture.

I keep wondering why either side of the argument (bored vs not bored) tries to tell the other side they're wrong. The issue of bored vs. not bored is subjective. You are not going to convince the other side that they are wrong in how they feel about the game. It is good to have a discussion about why you might or might not be bored with it but why blast someone because of their opinion of it?

I keep wondering why either side of the argument (bored vs not bored) tries to tell the other side they're wrong. The issue of bored vs. not bored is subjective. You are not going to convince the other side that they are wrong in how they feel about the game. It is good to have a discussion about why you might or might not be bored with it but why blast someone because of their opinion of it?

People feel their opinion is validated when someone else shares the same feeling.

It's about sharing and feelings! We are a Family!

well, one side is bored and has nothing better to do, and the other......actually I dont know, why are all these people who love the game not playing it ? :p

It will get better. I know that, and I have faith that it will.

Next month or three, they will be releasing a free trial, in combination with a few major patches like yesterdays, they will be able to start pullin' in newer members, and as the game gets more polished -- people will start to come back if they left.

Hope you are right, in which case I would gladly swing by for a test run in a month or two, and if it impresses me happily sub up.

I just think that a drop in sub numbers may incentivise BW to get its act in gear more than sticking round and giving them the impression its all fine and dandy.

I only log in every few days (or more), my main is 45 right now, and I have taken my sweet time getting to max level. I listen to quest dialogue, I explore, read codexes etc pretty much everything possible to drag out questing as much as possible. No matter what I do it's still boring and I'll be damned if I go through leveling up ever again in this game. It's gotten to the point where every time I open the launcher I immediately exit out because I'd rather be playing something different.

I know people find this game fun, that's great and I'm glad they can enjoy it. But don't blame people for rushing through and ruining the experience for themselves. That's not true, they just don't enjoy TOR and nothing would have changed that.

Edited by Kazanth

Im sorry i like this game, been following it from the "rumors" of it being announced to it being announced and then released and it is way more of grind then warcraft. It is just hidden behind the voices!

Hate and flame me all you fanbois want, it doesnt change what it is.

I think the point was more to point out to those people who are here for a grind fest are going to be dissapointed.

Like: If you are the kind of person who rushes through content to get to the end, you are PROBABLY gonna be bored.

But you can summarize it to make his comment seem worthless. w/e works I guess.

Ok but what about people who just play A LOT and loved the story and thought it was great, but then got to the end of the story and found out the game kinda sucks? 'Cause thats where I fit in. Story is really great and fun, I call it an ego trip....the game however sucks without the story.

Im sorry i like this game, been following it from the "rumors" of it being announced to it being announced and then released and it is way more of grind then warcraft. It is just hidden behind the voices!

Hate and flame me all you fanbois want, it doesnt change what it is.

So to understand you correctly:

SWTOR: 1 - 50 using quests with voice acting

WoW: 1 - 85 using quests with no voice acting

Your summary: WoW is rumored to have less grinding.

I don't see it.

well, one side is bored and has nothing better to do, and the other......actually I dont know, why are all these people who love the game not playing it ? :p

Because we are at work, thinking about how fun it would be to play right now.

Past MMOs have taught many of us that you have to be an efficient powerleveling machine, that stories are for children, mysteries are for spoilers, and style is for handbags. You don't even know what you are supposed to be doing in this game, and are bored as a result.

All I can say is that Darwin is relentless. If you grind and grind because the destination is the only thing you desire or understand, the game will grind you right back and spit you out cold. I actually feel sorry for you, but only a little. You made your own bed. It is an RPG first, a multiplayer game second, and an MMO distant third. I hope they never change it to the game you think you want because right now, I am enjoying unfolding the intracacies of the one I already have.

There are much twitchier, gear-carrot games out there for you if you are bored. I think you should go find one so your vote won't be counted when they start adding popularity-driven content updates to the end of the game.

I'm bored because the only interesting part about this game are the main class stories, which after level 10 are spread thinly amongst a bunch of incredibly boring and monotonous kill and fetch quests, with barebones MMO combat that doesn't even work most of the time because of the ability delay glitches.

Honestly, as a someone who looked forward to this game since it was announced, I'd much rather they spent $100 million and 5 years development time on a real single player KoTOR game than a watered down one with circa 1999 quest grinds keeping you from the good parts.

Should have just saved my money for Mass Effect 3.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. I did the storyline and I was long L50 when I arrived on Coruscant. I did some extra FPs, some space fights, this and that, and it was over. OFC I can start a new char, it's just that you don't need to "grind" in order to hit L50 and finish the story.

If you get bored with swtor you will get bored with guild wars 2 aswell.Its another point and click mmo.If you want something new wait for tera online to hit eu release.

TERA is the same as well. Alpha, just prettier is all. But soooo Korean.