Galactic Season 7: 100 Weekly Achievement has the Same Legacy Title Reward as Season 6

arunav

"Built Different" is kind of funny, considering what the achievement is. Still, this was the legacy title reward in Season 6 for completing 100 weeklies, and I'm assuming the same legacy title reward in Season 7 is an oversight. 

I also noticed this and was waiting for others to mention it lol. I made it to 85/100 objectives completed for the achievement last season (still hit 100 on the rewards track) not even trying to hit it but certainly don't care about hitting it this season since it's literally the same.

Edited by WaffleQwop

They do this all the time. Copy and paste rewards or descriptions from previous seasons/content to the current one  and forget to update to the correct one. Poor quality checks are a staple of Bioware and now Broadsword. They will roll out new broken content/buggy updates and make the players be the testers and  have to find and report all the mistakes and bugs and then wait weeks to months to years even for fixes in some cases - if they decide to fix it at all.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bar-Da-Voya said:

They do this all the time. Copy and paste rewards or descriptions from previous seasons/content to the current one  and forget to update to the correct one. Poor quality checks are a staple of Bioware and now Broadsword. They will roll out new broken content/buggy updates and make the players be the testers and  have to find and report all the mistakes and bugs and then wait weeks to months to years even for fixes in some cases - if they decide to fix it at all.

Just like last season some of the season objectives were still giving Dark Spores instead of Blueprint Fragments. I don't think this one will take months and years. I think they probably already knew about this bug and figured they can patch it before anyone gets to 100 weeklies.

Why does everyone assume it's a bug? Could be working as intended because people complained about the grind last season. Besides, didn't they just recently give the same deco code we already got before, so it's not even a new thing. Might be the new normal.

Would be nice to get an official answer though.

22 hours ago, DeannaVoyager said:

Why does everyone assume it's a bug? Could be working as intended because people complained about the grind last season. Besides, didn't they just recently give the same deco code we already got before, so it's not even a new thing. Might be the new normal.

Would be nice to get an official answer though.

Because it would completely devalue the effort of the people who actually did the grind last season to earn this title and didn't get anything new this season.

Besides, it also doesn't make a lot of sense to offer the same title, because they are directly tied to the overall theme of the season.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Phazonfreak said:

Because it would completely devalue the effort of the people who actually did the grind last season to earn this title and didn't get anything new this season.

And that has happened before too. 

15 minutes ago, Phazonfreak said:

Besides, it also doesn't make a lot of sense to offer the same title, because they are directly tied to the overall theme of the season.

How much sense it made to give the same deco?

30 minutes ago, recalcitrantIre said:

theres quite a significant difference between free promotional items and end-goal seasonal-themed rewards

So are you saying it made sense then? Or just trying to argue with me because you don't like the idea that same title might be intended. 

41 minutes ago, DeannaVoyager said:

So are you saying it made sense then? Or just trying to argue with me because you don't like the idea that same title might be intended. 

No, I don’t think a title “Built Different” which was tied to a stronghold and construction themed Season is intended for a Season themed around “The Greatest Bounty.”  So it’s not only plausible that it’s a mistake, it’s highly likely.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, phalczen said:

No, I don’t think a title “Built Different” which was tied to a stronghold and construction themed Season is intended for a Season themed around “The Greatest Bounty.”  So it’s not only plausible that it’s a mistake, it’s highly likely.

I actually doubt it's a bug since we haven't heard anything about it at all from Devs yet. It is possible, but no I think that they just rushed this season and slapped the Built Different title on this season. Either way, the title goes against the theme of this season, and was as you stated, made and intended for the previous season that was themed around Copero stronghold.

This reflects the lack of anything actually substantive in this season. I personally don't care about the Loth kitten or whatever, and none of the other rewards this season interest me either except the free 2,000 cartel coins.

1 hour ago, WaffleQwop said:

I actually doubt it's a bug since we haven't heard anything about it at all from Devs yet. It is possible, but no I think that they just rushed this season and slapped the Built Different title on this season. Either way, the title goes against the theme of this season, and was as you stated, made and intended for the previous season that was themed around Copero stronghold.

This reflects the lack of anything actually substantive in this season. I personally don't care about the Loth kitten or whatever, and none of the other rewards this season interest me either except the free 2,000 cartel coins.

Perhaps the Devs put “ built different” as a placeholder … in other words, they intentionally copied the same title they used in the previous Galactic Season but intend to swap it later.  I find that explanation less plausible than an accidental one.

9 hours ago, phalczen said:

Perhaps the Devs put “ built different” as a placeholder … in other words, they intentionally copied the same title they used in the previous Galactic Season but intend to swap it later.  I find that explanation less plausible than an accidental one.

This is the most likely case, since they are used to copying the recurring achievements from the last season to the next and this time a bug caused it to be the same title.

I'm pretty sure the actual new title is already in the code and this is just a visual bug that will get fixed with the next patch.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, phalczen said:

Spot on.  The Bounty Hunter themed GS should have  a Hunter-esque title.

Plus, it's 1 thing to reuse titles from the game, but it's another to reuse a title from the last season.

On 8/27/2024 at 7:33 PM, WaffleQwop said:

Either way, the title goes against the theme of this season

How does it go against the theme of the season, though?

In the first (I am not sure if there are more? Plus, minor spoiler for a short conversation), the BH who contacts you says that you're the only one capable of dealing with these bounties; or, if you'll allow me... That you're 'built different' :jawa_tongue:

3 hours ago, Quendorite said:

How does it go against the theme of the season, though?

In the first (I am not sure if there are more? Plus, minor spoiler for a short conversation), the BH who contacts you says that you're the only one capable of dealing with these bounties; or, if you'll allow me... That you're 'built different' :jawa_tongue:

"Built Different" is the legacy title from the meta achievements for GS 6.  Therefore, its likely accidentally copied or intentionally placeholding.  It is unlikely to be intentionally duplicated, and you're stretching.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, phalczen said:

"Built Different" is the legacy title from the meta achievements for GS 6.  Therefore, its likely accidentally copied or intentionally placeholding.  It is unlikely to be intentionally duplicated, and you're stretching.

Please, read my message before responding to it, thanks.

• Dev Post
On 8/29/2024 at 3:24 PM, Dormei said:

@JackieKo Can we get a confirmation on this ? Is this intended or accidentally implemented as placeholder ? Much appreciated 🤝

Hey there! The Achievement Title will be fixed in 7.5.1b! The intended title was "The Greatest" for GS7, so once the patch goes out (date TBD), the title will be updated. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7