Galactic Season 6 Blueprint Fragments seem to have a very low drop rate

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, ThanderSnB said:

Why would they create those items and give Subscribers 8 of them if they didn't intend them to be used? The developers aren't stupid. They can do the math like everyone here. They wanted it to be more grindy this season. It's the same with the reduced conquest points for reputation tokens. It used to be players just logged in, right-clicked a token, and they finished their daily 25k conquest objective. Now it generally requires finishing at least one mission. This is all by design to get people to play more daily, especially after their weeklies are done.

players who pay to unlock levels or do activities like PvP that don't yield many fragments.

Currently, even if you did Galactic Season every week for the full 20 weeks, completed all 5 of the 12 point conquests every week, did 2 of the 8 point weeklies, and 7 dailies every week, you would still come up short without finding 11 drops a week.

If players only did the 8 point conquests every week and every daily they would have find 21 drops every week for the full 20 weeks of Galactic Season.

It's a bit unrealistic to expect people to do the highest reward conquests every week for 20 weeks straight and still come up short on fragments.

To put it into perspective, people will finish Galactic Season by week 10 if they do any 7 weekly conquests each week and they will finish the 100 weekly achievement by week 15. But they won't finish collecting enough fragments even if they do every 12 point weekly and every daily for the season.

Edited by Darkestmonty

35 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

players who pay to unlock levels or do activities like PvP that don't yield many fragments.

Currently, even if you did Galactic Season every week for the full 20 weeks, completed all 5 of the 12 point conquests every week, did 2 of the 8 point weeklies, and 7 dailies every week, you would still come up short without finding 11 drops a week.

If players only did the 8 point conquests every week they would have find 21 drops every week for the full 20 weeks of Galactic Season.

It's a bit unrealistic to expect people to do the highest reward conquests every week for 20 weeks straight and still come up short on fragments.

To put it into perspective, people will finish Galactic Season by week 10 if they do any 7 weekly conquests each week and they will finish the 100 weekly achievement by week 15. But they won't finish collecting enough fragments even if they do every 12 point weekly and every daily for the season.

Yeah, I think quite a few players are not going to reach the number by the end. Broadsword will look at the completion rate and change things for the next season if it's too low. They probably have a target number, say 10% of players completing it. If it's down at 1%, then they know they made it too hard and will make it easier next season, remove it entirely, or replace it with something else. They could also change it before the season ends if they have a ton of negative feedback or too many people unsubscribing because of it. Remember when their original Life Day plans didn't include the annual collection unlock sale. It caused such an uproar, they changed their plans before the end of the day. Short of something like that, I don't think they will increase drop rates or how many each weekly gives.

21 hours ago, Toraak said:

Flattax is incapable of understanding that he is simply wrong, and refuses to believe those of us that tell him when he (or she) is wrong.

Oh boy.

The reason monetized systems exist is to create problems for which solutions can be sold.

The odd tuning in the present moment doesn't matter; EA's playing the long game, normalizing the mechanics needed to drive future sales.

Edited by FlatTax
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Jdast said:

This is 100% factually incorrect. Blueprint Fragments are BoP and considered Junk. You cannot purchase them. You can only sell them. They auto advance the Achievement and in select weeks advance a GS objective. 

From @JoeStramaglia on March 12th. 

Reputation Track
Galactic Seasons 6 does not have a Reputation track like previous seasons. There is still an item to collect the same way you collected Reputation currency in the past. However, it is for Achievement tracking only and progress is granted when you collect it - you're safe to sell them for credits! It’s worth noting that these will cease to drop when you’ve unlocked the achievement.

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/934053-blueprint-fragments-are-considered-junk/#comment-9803611

Once again, you are demonstrably and easily proven wrong.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

something can be for sale without buying it directly.

all 130 of the fragments can be found on the subscriber only track. The majority of the GS tokens which can be used to buy the buffs to increase the drop rate of the fragments are found on the subscriber track.

Basically everything directing people to subscribe from making the game more grindy as a non subscriber to getting more rewards as a subscriber is monetized and if a feature is monetized, it is for sale.

Edited by Darkestmonty

26 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

something can be for sale without buying it directly.

all 130 of the fragments can be found on the subscriber only track. The majority of the GS tokens which can be used to buy the buffs to increase the drop rate of the fragments are found on the subscriber track.

Basically everything directing people to subscribe from making the game more grindy as a non subscriber to getting more rewards as a subscriber is monetized and if a feature is monetized, it is for sale.

And that's the price you pay for not being a subscriber. There are severe limitations to not subscribing. That is true in this game and in every game. It has always been this way and always will be this way. 

Call me when purchasing 130 out of 1500 Blueprint Fragments and some other cosmetic items vis a vis subscription impacts me in a deleterious fashion or negatively impacts the game in any way. On the contrary, it benefits the game and yours truly. 

If people want to pay money for a title that doesn't impact gameplay --  GO FOR IT! More money to Broadsword makes this greedy Hutt very, very happy.

Newsflash: Broadsword is a business. 

Dasty

Edited by Jdast
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Jdast said:

And that's the price you pay for not being a subscriber. There are severe limitations to not subscribing. That is true in this game and in every game. It has always been this way and always will be this way. 

If people want to pay money for a title that doesn't impact my gameplay? GO FOR IT! More money to Broadsword makes this greedy Hutt very, very happy.

Perhaps you forgot that Broadsword is a business? 

Dasty

the point being, just because we aren't directly paying cash for something doesn't mean we aren't buy it. The Blueprint Fragments are for sale and the current price is a subscription fee.

Edited by Darkestmonty
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Darkestmonty said:

the point being, just because we aren't directly paying cash for something doesn't mean we aren't buy it. The Blueprint Fragments are for sale and the current price is a subscription fee.

Blueprints are also for direct sale on top of the subscription. Double-monetized, if you will.

Edited by FlatTax

6 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

Why would they create those items and give Subscribers 8 of them if they didn't intend them to be used?

If they intended them to be used, they would be legacy bound. Now they just sit on some random character's cargo, when I could use them on something I'm actively playing. Their usability is close to zero because we can't transfer them to alts. 

Not that it matters to me personally: I couldn't care less about getting 1500 pieces of junk. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DeannaVoyager said:

Not that it matters to me personally: I couldn't care less about getting 1500 pieces of junk. 

I hate looting every mob with grey trash loot because it might have a fragment. Devs need to do the whole purple token loot probe thing so people know to loot that specific mob instead of having to loot every trash kill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeannaVoyager said:

If they intended them to be used, they would be legacy bound. Now they just sit on some random character's cargo, when I could use them on something I'm actively playing. Their usability is close to zero because we can't transfer them to alts. 

Yeah, that's definitely annoying. I've gotten into the habit of only claiming things on my main, but we shouldn't have to worry about this.

I have 796/1500 Blueprint on SF. I finish GS every week except the 1st week, I think, I'm at GS lv43 now.

Only used the buff thing once or twice to check what it is.

I grind a lot of sm ops recently on SF to upgrade a toon to replace the one I transferred to SV, which is pretty much all I do here except GS goals, and probably why I have more than a lot of the people reported here because I only have 2 active toons so I only filled CQ for 2 toons except a few times I really need CQ tokens to upgrade.

Maybe it's a strategy in design to give group contents more Blueprints? Either way, I think all people, regardless of what they play, should be given a more reasonable grind than what I read here.

2024-04-07_132843.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, eabevella said:

I have 796/1500 Blueprint on SF. I finish GS every week except the 1st week, I think, I'm at GS lv43 now.

I grind a lot of sm ops recently on SF to upgrade a toon to replace the one I transferred to SV, which is pretty much all I do here except GS goals, and probably why I have more than a lot of the people reported here because I only have 2 active toons so I only filled CQ for 2 toons except a few times I really need CQ tokens to upgrade.

Maybe it's a strategy in design to give group contents more Blueprints? Either way, I think all people, regardless of what they play, should be given a more reasonable grind than what I read here.

2024-04-07_132843.jpg

I don't know if they do this for PvP, but I know GSF gets 0 Blueprints. So for my playstyle (and I refuse to pug even simple sm Ops), I get none other then from the weeklies or using those Jawa Intel. For those that gladly pug Ops all day, blueprints won't be an issue.

For me this means I actually have to pay attention on what character I pick those 8 up from the rewards track, because I don't want them on some unused alt unfortunately.

i tested the Jawa Intel boost - it did absolutely nothing, i tried with and without companion because during Luck of the Draw i think it was i couldnt have any companion for the boost to work. now it doesnt work at all. i keep getting same totally random 1 drop per 300++ enemies if im lucky

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, eabevella said:

2024-04-07_132843.jpg

Been PvPing mostly outside of GS conquests so basically no medals fragments there. Operations maybe the only reliable drop source.

Edited by Darkestmonty

6 hours ago, Toraak said:

I don't know if they do this for PvP, but I know GSF gets 0 Blueprints. So for my playstyle (and I refuse to pug even simple sm Ops), I get none other then from the weeklies or using those Jawa Intel. For those that gladly pug Ops all day, blueprints won't be an issue.

For me this means I actually have to pay attention on what character I pick those 8 up from the rewards track, because I don't want them on some unused alt unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Darkestmonty said:

Been PvPing mostly outside of GS conquests so basically no medals there. Operations maybe the only reliable drop source.

Which s*cks because they are all group contents so why not giving Blueprints?

SM ops give you 6 I think. Didn't really do the math. The easy ones can be done in ~30min with pug groups.

I think 1 PvP/GSF match should give 1-3 Blueprints depending on loss/win (if we average1 match ~15min). Anything that's not 0 is more fair.

Probably too late for this season, but food for thought for next season if BS is reading this.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, eabevella said:

Which s*cks because they are all group contents so why not giving Blueprints?

SM ops give you 6 I think. Didn't really do the math. The easy ones can be done in ~30min with pug groups.

I think 1 PvP/GSF match should give 1-3 Blueprints depending on loss/win (if we average1 match ~15min). Anything that's not 0 is more fair.

Probably too late for this season, but food for thought for next season if BS is reading this.

I've been geared up for months so haven't felt like doing operations. I'll have to try that next week with the buff to see how that works, but requiring operations for reliable drops and not mentioning it anywhere in the patch notes is poor communication.

Edited by Darkestmonty

Oof. Currently at 246 after 4 weeks.

image.png.2ebf678d4529b0beb34bb85fa7de6932.png

With 16 weeks left. I should be able to find about 990 more. Which puts me at 1236 / 1500

2 hours ago, Darkestmonty said:

Been PvPing mostly outside of GS conquests so basically no medals fragments there. Operations maybe the only reliable drop source.

Same. I'm bringing PVP Season 5 to an end. There's zero Blueprints to be earned in Arenas/Wz. What I have now is just from GS objectives and conquests. It's insufficient, so apparently I need to do something else. :annoyed:

Edited by Traceguy

Imagine if all content in the game would be viable for farming stuff we want, be it gear, conquest, blueprints and what not.

Sorry guys, the blueprint drop rate from pvp and gsf is fine as it is. This is an MMO, you are supposed to go grind heroics and ops and other "boring" stuff you don't like if you want those things. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Look at the "bright" side - the reward for completing all of the achievements this season is... a Forklift decoration. I'm genuinely wondering how many people are looking forward to THAT or are willing to sacrifice endless hours to get it, considering the abysmal blueprint drop rate.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, DeannaVoyager said:

Imagine if all content in the game would be viable for farming stuff we want, be it gear, conquest, blueprints and what not.

Sorry guys, the blueprint drop rate from pvp and gsf is fine as it is. This is an MMO, you are supposed to go grind heroics and ops and other "boring" stuff you don't like if you want those things. 

Who knows, people might grind more if they can grind the contents they want *shrug* *shrug* *shrug*

20 hours ago, Darittha said:

i tested the Jawa Intel boost - it did absolutely nothing, i tried with and without companion because during Luck of the Draw i think it was i couldnt have any companion for the boost to work. now it doesnt work at all. i keep getting same totally random 1 drop per 300++ enemies if im lucky

16 pieces during a very intense hour of trash mob bashing, including complete weekly on CZ-198 and Onderon. Better than 1-3 pieces a week I usually get on all of my alts in total; worse than expected.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VilianSW said:

16 pieces during a very intense hour of trash mob bashing, including complete weekly on CZ-198 and Onderon. Better than 1-3 pieces a week I usually get on all of my alts in total; worse than expected.

strange I usually get around 60-90 per hour. 

I do believe you need to kill mobs in the open world (Ops, and FP's don't drop blueprints to my knowledge), and you need to go to spots where you will have area's to farm that won't have you hitting the anti farming mechanic. Kill mobs to quick and they'll stop dropping all loot.

Remember even the light blue trash from mobs needs to be looted, not just green, dark blue, or purple.

Edited by Toraak