Why is there a delay on restoring Advance Reputation conquest points?

Saeten

1 hour ago, Traceguy said:

Completed those rep tracks in 2014. In case you or someone else here doesn't already know, when you max a rep track, you can't use rep tokens.

This. If a rep track belongs to a daily area that has a weekly CP objective then it's likely to be completed already, same goes for the GS rep tracks for all seasons that had an achievement for maxing it out during the season. As it was stated several times, these rep tracks don't just magically fall into your inventory, you have to work to get them.

I personally haven't finished the new Manaan, Ruhnuk and KL areas: they are boring, time-consuming and full of spongy enemies, and the only CP reward was the "do two quests there" daily and the rep reward which is now nerfed. KL still has some incentive in a form of that mount drop from the world boss, but once I have it why'd I waste my time on it for practically nothing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stradlin said:

Yeah that's one issue with rep tokens being such incredibly good conquest. More established the legacy, more trouble you have with this stuff. I've slacked with space pve and some other bars more than most older accounts. So I have a very cosy, fast lane to rep dings.  Somebody who has been diligent with maxing reputation  bars has their legacy entirely shut away from nice and easy coq gains via rep dings. 

This is another reason that removing the rep bar from seasons was a foolish decision. It completely nullified this issue and allowed rep dings. 

This could easily be solved today with an infinitely recyclable rep. Every so many tokens pops a level and gets some novelty thing like a cheapo cosmetic item, maybe an actual loot item if they wanted to go that route, or something. Consider it a rep supporting their faction kind of like prestige. Would give someone something to do and folks love to pump numbers as high as they can so there you go. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Traceguy said:

Completed those rep tracks in 2014. In case you or someone else here doesn't already know, when you max a rep track, you can't use rep tokens. I've also completed endgame rep tracks like Ruhnuk and Ossus.

He is usually withholding that piece of information because it doesn't support his false argument. Glad you remembered to mention it. 

If you put the same amount of effort into playing the game as moaning in this and the other thread you would have made those points up hundreds of times over

Really?

Let's see ... 43,000 minus 8,000 is 35,000 ... multiplied by 100 ... 

Typing a forum post only takes a few minutes ... 

Hey, if there's a way in this game to earn 3,500,000 Conquest Points in just a few minutes, I'd love to know what it is! Show it to me, and I'll definitely stop complaining about the Advancement : Reputation nerf!

Why do people keep saying this kind of nonsense?

I also see posts sarcastically saying that people are mad that they now have to actually play the game for a little while in order to get those Conquest Points.

You're just not getting it.

In order to make up for the Conquest points lost in the Advancement : Reputation nerf, we would have to farm and grind a lot more of the same tiresome old stuff that we've been farming and grinding.

That's why people are unhappy about the nerf. Because it increases the tedious stuff we have to do to get those points back.

Personally, the only reason I resubscribed to the game was because I was interested in Galactic Season 6. Had I known that completing the Season would require two, three, or four times as much grinding as I was expecting, I absolutely would not have wasted that 16 bucks and change on it.

I've already moved on. For the amount of time and effort I would have to put into playing this game now, I could gain a lot more enjoyment and satisfaction in other games and other activities. The only reason I'm still here is to voice my displeasure being going. Maybe it will help somehow to let the powers that be know why one more person is leaving. Probably not, but there's no harm in trying.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, DeannaVoyager said:

He is usually withholding that piece of information because it doesn't support his false argument. Glad you remembered to mention it. 

Heh,

Exact opposite. More diligent and thorought  you are in your happy SWTOR adventurings, more reputation  bars you end up maxing.More reputation bars you end up maxing, harder you make it for yourself to get the rep objective conquest ding. Ie more established the legacy, more gimped the said legacy  is in this sense. Has certain irreversible&backwards vibe to it.  Seasons clearly don't come with rep bars anymore, so dedicated folks with established legacies  are pretty rep bar starved. Having something so rewarding locked out by advancing your legacy is kinda dysfunctional.

If you feel urge to talk about me and/or my posts, try reading them first.

Edited by Stradlin
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stradlin said:

Seasons clearly don't come with rep bars anymore, so dedicated folks with established legacies  are pretty rep bar starved. Having something so rewarding locked out by advancing your legacy is kinda dysfunctional.

Exactly right. Sadly correct. And still no update on this fiasco from developers.

• Like 2

I was having a chat with my friend the other day, a former sub who only hops on to pvp with me for an hour or two a week. And he was saying how much he enjoyed 5.0 era because of Ossus. The new area designed to gear up and get people playing the new content, and mentioned it still felt like an mmo back then. His opinion is that 6.0 was a big mistake because they introduced the gearing track for simply just playing old recycled content, (which ppl to this day still swear it was great because "Play your own way".) This is when hammer station spam became a thing. Ruhnuk was a nice new shiny area that had a rep track and iirc has good conquest points for finishing dailys, manaan was similar, but u can't get there on all ur alts unless u spend a ton of time grinding story. Since then they've released a new daily area on Voss, and a new daily area on Ord Mantell with no real reason to go there. No conquest for finishing dailies, no reputation, just story. 

If I were BS I'd allow players to now jump to at least the manaan area of the story and allow all their toons to be able to access those conquest points without having to play an insane amount of story. At least that way you'd have toons you could run through the dailies for conquest points in lieu of the old rep token thing. 

Edited by Samcuu

5 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

and a new daily area on Ord Mantell with no real reason to go there. No conquest for finishing dailies, no reputation, just story. 

The Ord Mantell "Kessan's Landing" does have reputation track.

32 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

I was having a chat with my friend the other day, a former sub who only hops on to pvp with me for an hour or two a week. And he was saying how much he enjoyed 5.0 era because of Ossus. The new area designed to gear up and get people playing the new content, and mentioned it still felt like an mmo back then. His opinion is that 6.0 was a big mistake because they introduced the gearing track for simply just playing old recycled content, (which ppl to this day still swear it was great because "Play your own way".) This is when hammer station spam became a thing. Ruhnuk was a nice new shiny area that had a rep track and iirc has good conquest points for finishing dailys, manaan was similar, but u can't get there on all ur alts unless u spend a ton of time grinding story. Since then they've released a new daily area on Voss, and a new daily area on Ord Mantell with no real reason to go there. No conquest for finishing dailies, no reputation, just story. 

If I were BS I'd allow players to now jump to at least the manaan area of the story and allow all their toons to be able to access those conquest points without having to play an insane amount of story. At least that way you'd have toons you could run through the dailies for conquest points in lieu of the old rep token thing. 

Patch cycles 1, 2, and 3 all had the classic progression system, with new content released over the cycle and no reliance on the old content for gearing (old content still dropped cosmetics, as well as was plugged into conquest).

Patch 4 cycle was probably the worst, no group content added at all (and developer comment was 'no new group content coming'), everything was upscaled and recycled, gearing was a mix of earlier systems (better stats / higher rating in harder content but also no progression required - e.g. could get the best gear running EV / KP when they were the HM of the week).

Patch 5 cycle started badly (still no new group content - unless you consider the failed uprisings as group content), gearing was a weird mix of loot boxes awarded as players ranked up (alternate level cap XP system, IIRC the thing to do them was farm the pigs in KP for the XP) at level cap. Eventually they announced and started adding group content (Iokath FPs, Gods) as well as Ossus and hive queen a bunch of gear available outside the silly grind ranks system, which did make it feel more MMO-ish for a few months at least.

Patch 6 cycle was the third recycling of all the game's content (notice a trend) with one new Operation and gear following a similar system as 5, just instead of running old crap for days to rank up to get decent drops from random boxes, players ran old crap for days to rank up to get decent drops. At least it had some interesting things added like tacticals and amplifiers to make it feel a little different, even if the grind was the same old crap.

Patch 7 cycle was just more of the same, one new Operation, another new grind - this time with a bunch of different currencies and a bunch of time gates and padding added everywhere and so little new story one has to wonder - why increase the level cap at all other than just to reset the treadmill for players and waste their time some more.

Anyways - without stuff like a skip to the current story and a relatively fast and rewarding progression system for gear and other things, there isn't a reason to pay for the game.

I'll accept the content as-is and the lack of new content, but I'm not about to pay for the privilege of running decades old crap for the billionth time that is also padded out with more time just so BS can meet some self imposed metric.

Edited by DawnAskham

The Ord Mantell "Kessan's Landing" does have reputation track.

Ahh apologies I was wrong about that, but no conquest objectives for finishing the dailies right?

8 hours ago, Saeten said:

Exactly right. Sadly correct. And still no update on this fiasco from developers.

They... do... not... care.

They THINK this will make people play more...

On 3/25/2024 at 3:30 PM, Stradlin said:

Or any mission on CZ or Black Hole, some of them prolly even faster than the railshooter.

I completed both of these rep tracks ages ago just by playing the game on multiple alts. The only rep most of used was for Seasons (which has been removed) or from the newer areas that we haven't maxed out yet (and probably never will now that they've removed any real reason for doing them by removing the rep cq).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GunqqerFriithian said:

Well I guess we know the answer on why there was a delay, they just didn't revert it lmao

Exactly.  No increase whatsoever mentioned. Their answer is "Go Do Heroics". They are not going to increase rep cq point objective as far as I can read into the latest post.

Ok, so understanding the feedback we heard and some of the problems we wanted to focus in on for 7.4.1c here are the two changes we currently have planned:

• The infinitely repeatable “Complete a Heroic Mission” Conquest Objective is now available at all levels (previously only available from 10-49)
  • The “Complete a Heroic Mission” Conquest Objective is now worth 2000 Conquest points (up from 1650). 
    • This is 5000 points for those of you with max Stronghold Bonuses

•  

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/934346-conquest-changes-following-741/#comment-9808609

Let's not give up hope just yet. We at least got them to budge on heroics after we discussed it in  the other thread

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/934046-conquest-pts-for-advance-reputation-nerfed/?do=findComment&comment=9805420

1 hour ago, EricMusco said:

All of that said, Conquests is definitely a place we are continuing to pay close attention to and plan to make more changes in the future so keep the feedback coming. Thanks all.

So let's keep our feedback coming.

Edited by Traceguy

Let's not give up hope just yet. We at least got them to budge on heroics after we discussed it in  the other thread

Are you being serous? This was a slap in our face, not a win. I am sorry that you are happy to run umpteen Heroics a day/week, and still not break close to even on the removed cq rep.  This is all wrong, and I know you know it. Anyway, I'm done. Unsubbed and not in the least motivated to log in during my remaining 30ish days. This game hates me, and it hates you. They told you so. Very clearly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The subject of this thread should now be called,
"Why are they not planning on restoring any "Advance Reputation" conquest points."
There is no communication and no mention of any plans to restore any points to this objective.
I'd edit the title, but I'm afraid of this thread being purged like others.
I'd truly appreciate it if Broadsword would address the 100's of players with valid complaints and suggested improvements and options for this issue.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Saeten said:

The subject of this thread should now be called,
"Why are they not planning on restoring any "Advance Reputation" conquest points."
There is no communication and no mention of any plans to restore any points to this objective.
I'd edit the title, but I'm afraid of this thread being purged like others.
I'd truly appreciate it if Broadsword would address the 100's of players with valid complaints and suggested improvements and options for this issue.

It's an easy one sentence reply.

They do not care.

13 hours ago, TahliahCOH said:

I am sorry that you are happy to run umpteen Heroics a day/week

It's a separate problem. I carry a smaller guild to the 5m conquest target each week. I'm already doing heorics all day long. The problem is you can only do 1 per planet per day. Eventually you get to the point in a day where there's nothing left to do for conquest outside of things no one likes (PVP/GSF/Uprisings). So I started creating burner alts that run heroics and flashpoints until level 50, and then I delete them and start over. Now I can just stick to doing the heroics in my level 80s, which means there's no time needed to level these burner alts up from level 1, and I'll have instant access to all heroics, and my full skillset. It's painfully slow to try and do some of the Dromund Kaas heroics at level 10. Even the Hutta heroics take some time to complete.

And yes, it's still a win. While you're only focused on 1 aspect of conquesting, the reputation reward, I'm concerned with the entire system as a whole. I want them to give us more opportunities to make points, and to buff the points for current objectives. The infinite heroic change was something we've asked for more than once, and they gave us it.

And in case it's not clear, no, I am not contempt with taking this infinite heroics as compensation for the reputation nerf. As someone who wants to hit that 5,000,000 target each week, that rep nerf hurt me badly, and I want it back. That's 9 heroics worth of points just FYI. That means I have to do 63 heroics per week before doing anymore heroics becomes a net gain.

Edited by Traceguy

The infinite heroics is a welcome change indeed, or rather a welcome fix to the unwelcome fix of the one-time-per-planet which they introduced in 7.0. Not so sure about the free access to the new daily areas (who'd want to grind them for nothing now anyway?), but I don't see any harm in that either and it's always good to have a choice so it's a welcome change from me as well.

But it still doesn't fix the initial problem: instead of listening to the community and reversing the unwelcome change they just gave us more grind options.

• Like 1

Broadsword does not listen to the community. The community asks for one thing that makes sense. Broadsword makes 4 changes that make the game more grindy and less fun to play and then they wonder why everything is dying. GSF has been ignored for so long it's on life support. PvP is heading that way with the stupid decision to allow 8 man premades in warzones and put priority on quick pops instead of quality matchmaking and matches. Now PvP is dead on most servers and when you do get in a match it's against a premade. Outside of PvP seasons queues are very slow. Now they make GS more grindy and piss off the remaining players. One gong show after another. What player base haven't they pissed off yet - oh yeah ops. What are they going to do there do you think? Or is it going to go the way of GSF and be ignored. And let's not forget the forgotten skills of crafting. Everything is still from 6.0 and level 75. Another forgotten part of the game.

Edited by Bar-Da-Voya
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bar-Da-Voya said:

Broadsword does not listen to the community. The community asks for one thing that makes sense. Broadsword makes 4 changes that make the game more grindy and less fun to play and then they wonder why everything is dying. GSF has been ignored for so long it's on life support. PvP is heading that way with the stupid decision to allow 8 man premades in warzones and put priority on quick pops instead of quality matchmaking and matches. Now PvP is dead on most servers and when you do get in a match it's against a premade. Outside of PvP seasons queues are very slow. Now they make GS more grindy and piss off the remaining players. One gong show after another. What player base haven't they pissed off yet - oh yeah ops. What are they going to do there do you think? Or is it going to go the way of GSF and be ignored. And let's not forget the forgotten skills of crafting. Everything is still from 6.0 and level 75. Another forgotten part of the game.

They already ticked off the Ops people. 4.0 had 0 Operations the entire expansion. Most raiders left during that time.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bar-Da-Voya said:

Excellent points. Also, GF does not even come close to quality matchmaking. Especially in GSF.

1 hour ago, Bar-Da-Voya said:

Broadsword does not listen to the community. The community asks for one thing that makes sense. Broadsword makes 4 changes that make the game more grindy and less fun to play and then they wonder why everything is dying. GSF has been ignored for so long it's on life support.

Latest drop of new GSF related content was 7  years back. :l Seven..years. I wonder if we get to see a 10 year anniversary in this regard. At this point, nobody is expecting something extensive like new game modes or such; people who created GSF are long gone from BW/BS. Something like adding GSF to PvP seasons, giving out GSF themed CM content, maybe few revorked maps? One would think that would be within their reach..but nah. Nothing.

GSF is quite a bit quieter than few years back..but that def  applies to the game as a whole. Overall % of community  who like GSF and/or are pretty good at it has gone up quite a bit.  

As it stands, two servers remain for most multiplayer content to pop during peak in reliable fashion. 

Edited by Stradlin

2 hours ago, Toraak said:

They already ticked off the Ops people. 4.0 had 0 Operations the entire expansion. Most raiders left during that time.

And they promised us a "never do that again" when they took 18 month between Operations... and proceeded to go from 3-20-18 (when they finally put out Izax last) to 8-2-22.