Copero is the worst stronghold

3 hours ago, Shayddow said:

Strongholds that I use the title "Republic" or "Imperial" I usually have owned by a Trooper or Agent, and I usually make them a "military" type base themed.  I agree about a capital ship tho. That would be the ideal decorations for military use.

the ship we get on rishi is glorious for military operations.  we NEED a ship stronghold for space, like a smaller guild flagship just for our stronghold!

What I don't like is there are no large wall hooks, at least not in the introductory rooms.

I really wanted to place my Chiss ascendancy banner on a large hook in this stronghold, and can't.

• Sad 1

Copero is a fine stronghold design wise but makes a few limitations in decorating apparent.

No ability to scale decorations or adjust vertical placement.

If the devs want to rework decorating a bit it would open up player creativity which may lead to more decoration and stronghold sales.

10 hours ago, Shayddow said:

What I don't like is there are no large wall hooks, at least not in the introductory rooms.

I really wanted to place my Chiss ascendancy banner on a large hook in this stronghold, and can't.

9 hours ago, JakRoanin said:

The only issue I have is with the ceiling hooks. Otherwise I adore it.

These are the two biggest problems with it.   Almost all of the wall hooks are small hooks which severely limits what you can put on the walls.  The low ceilings, which render most of the light decorations useless, most likely contributes to all the small hooks on the walls.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

These are the two biggest problems with it.   Almost all of the wall hooks are small hooks which severely limits what you can put on the walls.  The low ceilings, which render most of the light decorations useless, most likely contributes to all the small hooks on the walls.

the wall hooks are utterly terrible.  you can't even place your nice big pictures in the hallways or anything at all.  barely any in the rooms too except for one or two of the walls.  I dont know what they were thinking. why couldn't they at least put medium hooks? :(

12 hours ago, Darkestmonty said:

Copero is a fine stronghold design wise but makes a few limitations in decorating apparent.

No ability to scale decorations or adjust vertical placement.

Wildstar's deco system was something else. 

My char there was a  combat medic with a generic starship sitting infront of my home. It didn't look like something a medic would fly. So I took a tiny medkit deco that came with  traditional red cross markings to its sides. I  placed it on ground. Increased its size by 800% or something. Turned it on its side, lifted it up  so it disappears inside wing of the ship, with the now  huge red cross symbol  poking out. Copied the medkit and moved copy inside the 2nd wing. Presto, accordingly marked  ambulance-ship! Wish we could do such things here. Cant believe  we still stuck with hooks for one. :l

Edited by Stradlin
  • Like 2

I happen to like it, except for the ceiling, it can be done and I love the outside areas on top of the buildings I can see a few things, but at the moment I am finishing up a couple of other strongholds before I begin this one.

I love, the colors, and the textures, I adore the fact that some decos I used to hate, ie. The Desert Vine from Ossus look AMAZING. Even the Jedi Temple bed is good in it, aside from the size.

My mind is blown.

I have only unlocked 3 of 8 areas at this time and there are zero large hooks.  Of medium hooks there are 43 with half being in the dock area.  Most other medium hooks are up high in the vaulted part of the room.  There is actually a room with two medium hooks and 34 small hooks on the walls.  That is it, period.  In the areas I have access to now and can decorate I stopped counting at 300 small hooks.

There are decorations named, designed and made for this stronghold that cannot be used.  Copero Wall Fountain and Luxurious Copero City (hanging), Sorry you can't have them.  

The outside walls are even worse.  Jumping about I can see 2 medium hooks and  0 large hooks.

There are 216 small wall deco options IF you have them all, but you better LOVE trophies as they are half.  Hope you love small hooks as I am betting once fully unlocked you will have around 700 of them.

One of the most lovely and stunning Strongholds and they chose to drop all large hooks, almost all medium exterior hooks  This was a horrid decision.  Even the Umbaran Train has large hooks!

Edited by Cindron
  • Sad 1

I've only unlocked the first room but I've visited other people's Copero Strongholds and was disappointed. The exterior is beautiful, but the interior feels so cramped and maze-like. I enjoy having some smaller rooms, but I feel like there should be a mix of large and small rooms. It would have been nice if the entry had a large room rather than just the cramped hall with the stairs. It was a pain to unlock the first room and then it's not much more than a hallway. Disappointing. A tiny room with two doors isn't very functional.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Xewn said:

I've only unlocked the first room but I've visited other people's Copero Strongholds and was disappointed. The exterior is beautiful, but the interior feels so cramped and maze-like. I enjoy having some smaller rooms, but I feel like there should be a mix of large and small rooms. It would have been nice if the entry had a large room rather than just the cramped hall with the stairs. It was a pain to unlock the first room and then it's not much more than a hallway. Disappointing. A tiny room with two doors isn't very functional.

i was sooo excited for this stronghold.  talk about a total letdown :(

On 3/21/2024 at 11:21 PM, Sarfux said:

having this tied to seasons was the dumbest decision ever.  i already gave up . especially since i have visited other ones that were fully unlocked and the small hallways and stuff are disheartening.  It's very decieving from the outside 

The stronghold itself I personally don't see the issue. The door opening also tied to GS's is another matter.

I do agree with you after reading about the poor deco hook system is really disappointing. Also agree it is deceiving from the outside. That however is just a poor design for a stronghold, not really about GS. 

• Sad 1

I like this stronghold, and I had basically no issues decorating it, and it turned out quite beautiful really...

Just look for yourself:

Løch-ness mønster's Luxury Villa! Five-Star Vacation Resort Destination On Copero!

Many of you are complaining you can't do much with the stronghold...

Just get creative and expand your thinking beyond the ordinary!

You can do it!

I am sure everyone is creative and will make their own unique SH.  I am glad you found no issues and your place works for you I really am, congrats. But I have found issues that were never a concern before, stifling that creativity.  Narrow halls, low roof, no large hooks, few medium hooks, Many decos bursting through the ceiling, huge number of lights hanging too low, etc, etc.  It's those who designed this SH that have made things more difficult.  We will all make what we see in our minds.  But only after compromising and settling for something different, less satisfactory...but fits.  In every SH we find ways to make things work, making changes.  But in this one they threw more hurdles that they didn't need to, if they had more foresight and/or requested player input.  That is why they created the Test Server.

I will decorate the SH and it will be nice but it is incredibly annoying having to work around the terrible choices they made putting this beautiful SH together.  

Screenshot_2024-03-16_21_33_20_335925.jpg

Edited by Cindron
  • Like 3

What i don't like is having to do certain activities to unlock the doors. 

I hate being forced to do certain flashpoints or to roam the galaxy for 3 items, one of them being MANDATORY on Mek-Sha! I beep-ing hate Mek-Sha! And Ruins of Nul. And the Corellia fp with all the insane parkour and avoiding of "trash" mobs, mobs 4 players can kill in seconds. 

This could have been done better: complete 3 random fp or Nar Shaddaa heroics or i don't know, something that won't look like "mandatory". 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Hrafnhildur said:

I hate being forced to do certain flashpoints or to roam the galaxy for 3 items, one of them being MANDATORY on Mek-Sha! I beep-ing hate Mek-Sha! And Ruins of Nul. And the Corellia fp with all the insane parkour and avoiding of "trash" mobs, mobs 4 players can kill in seconds. 

This could have been done better: complete 3 random fp or Nar Shaddaa heroics or i don't know, something that won't look like "mandatory". 

They had a chance to get players doing Uprisings, and they instead chose to do annoying flashpoints instead like Legacy of Rakata and Directive 7.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Traceguy said:

They had a chance to get players doing Uprisings, and they instead chose to do annoying flashpoints instead like Legacy of Rakata and Directive 7.

I"m not thrilled with the incredibly lazy quests of redo old flashpoints (and the really long ones to), but your suggestion would be worse.  Way worse.

Uprisings are group content, they have no solo mode (yes, story/vet can be technically solo'd but not by all players).

You DO NOT try to force players into group content, pve or pvp, for what is a personal/solo activity like strongholds.  That never ends well.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Traceguy said:

uprisings are a very fun, fantastic part of the game! they need to get more people involved in that.  i agree they missed the boat

8 hours ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

I"m not thrilled with the incredibly lazy quests of redo old flashpoints (and the really long ones to), but your suggestion would be worse.  Way worse.

Uprisings are group content, they have no solo mode (yes, story/vet can be technically solo'd but not by all players).

You DO NOT try to force players into group content, pve or pvp, for what is a personal/solo activity like strongholds.  That never ends well.

people shouldn't be forced to do anything in a game! it's my time for enjoyment! i'll CHOOSE to go into a fp if i want! this seasons garbage is getting ridiculous now.  and NOW they are having us do it to unlock our player housing!? really? x(

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hrafnhildur said:

the worst part of this stronghold? you need LEVEL 96 ON SEASONS to get the "last unlock"

wtF!?

I'm progressing in the actual season storyline and I'm confused..

Spoiler

Are these people here to stay or are they going to leave once the story is over with? If they stay then I don't even want to bother with doing the story or attempting to decorate the place, because that's just stupid

10 hours ago, denajii said:

I'm progressing in the actual season storyline and I'm confused..

Hide contents

Are these people here to stay or are they going to leave once the story is over with? If they stay then I don't even want to bother with doing the story or attempting to decorate the place, because that's just stupid

Yes. the main motivation for this season IS unlocking the strongohld.  

anything else?