Copero is the worst stronghold

Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful stronghold but, from a decorating standpoint, it is absolutely terrible.

The rooms and hallways are so tiny you can hardly put anything in them without impeding movement throughout the stronghold.

The ceilings in most rooms are too low to use any of the ceiling hooks.

Many decorations just look oversized in the SH and can't be used in the small rooms / hallways.

The Underground Docks have underwater hooks.  What exactly are we supposed to put there?

All of the buildings have hooks on the roofs of them that you can't even get to without jumping from above.

I'll fully decorate it but, for me, it's on the bottom of the SH list with the train and Manaan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

i initially loved it.  but now I really don't since i started decorating it.  the halls are WAY too tiny to put any plants, benches or even artwork on the walls.  it's so narrow like maze runner lol.  the train is at least like a giant and wide hallway.  a lot of good hook placement for the train.  and manaan blows copero away by miles.  

• Like 2

Well I still love it because I wanted to turn it into something really refined (as in not cluttered, not sure if it is the right word but I'm not pulling out a dictionnary), but the number of green hooks makes it kind of really hard to decorate it at all. I am sure it will be possible to do something with it but you are both right that it is really cramped and the hooks are not really well positioned, if we had a bunch of chiss personnel decorations we could justify things by putting a bunch of them in the corridor like they were talking together but we don't so it will be hard. I think they should have tasked a few members of their own team with decorating it so they could have seen truly how hard or easy it is to do something with it.

1 hour ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful stronghold but, from a decorating standpoint, it is absolutely terrible.

The rooms and hallways are so tiny you can hardly put anything in them without impeding movement throughout the stronghold.

The ceilings in most rooms are too low to use any of the ceiling hooks.

Many decorations just look oversized in the SH and can't be used in the small rooms / hallways.

The Underground Docks have underwater hooks.  What exactly are we supposed to put there?

All of the buildings have hooks on the roofs of them that you can't even get to without jumping from above.

I'll fully decorate it but, for me, it's on the bottom of the SH list with the train and Manaan.

You forget this is primarily a Cash Shop stronghold. I suspect the monetized portions will be better.

• Sad 2

This would be the perfect time to have some sort of scaling option for decos. I tried a bunch of random ceiling lights and items. Most of the results were pretty funny. It's pretty much a choice of Czerka Ceiling Lights or Zakuul Battlecruiser Ceiling Lights for working options. Or something similarly flat which does not leave a ton of options.

It's a good thing it's so pretty. I was able to decorate Manaan to my liking. I even finished the train SH which never gets visitors as the terminal is still in a locked area to this day. So I'm sure I can finish Copero as well though I may need to track down some small decos.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

I have the entire stronghold unlocked.  It doesn't get any better.

I must be doing something wrong, then. I completed the first quest line that the guy in the SH gave me, and then... nothing. He frosted me out, total cancel, won't offer me anything else. I feel unloved.

Chocolate and flowers didn't work. Is there something in the game I should be reading somewhere telling me next steps? Or maybe I did and it was ridiculously vague?

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

When it comes to decorating, @Screaming_Ziva is one of the best.

I was going to get it to test it out, but you confirm my fears. It's too bad because it initially the stronghold seemed like a very neat idea that we haven't really seen before. 

It's too bad they didn't let us PTS test the stronghold. Strongholds are the one actual form of "content" that is worth PTS testing because players typically have a better sense of best functionality than the devs. But then again... not like they ever listen to our feedback on PTS. 

One question I do have for @Screaming_Ziva (anyone can answer): 

Are the stronghold hooks symmetrical in the Copero Stronghold? In recent strongholds including the Alderaan and Rishi the devs have started becoming very sloppy job with hook placement. The hooks themselves are sometimes asymmetrical and there is sometimes no way to correct for this in the X or Y axis slider. It makes mirror arraignments of decorations impossible. It really pisses me off sometimes. 

1 hour ago, septru said:

Are the stronghold hooks symmetrical in the Copero Stronghold? In recent strongholds including the Alderaan and Rishi the devs have started becoming very sloppy job with hook placement. The hooks themselves are sometimes asymmetrical and there is sometimes no way to correct for this in the X or Y axis slider. It makes mirror arraignments of decorations impossible. It really pisses me off sometimes. 

A number of them aren't, I checked several of them just to see placing the Lifeday light thingie to check and for those that are facing each other that I tried, they were not aligning perfectly. However I do not have the full stronghold unlocked so maybe the other parts are better in that at least

Edited by LittleEwina

2 hours ago, xordevoreaux said:

I must be doing something wrong, then. I completed the first quest line that the guy in the SH gave me, and then... nothing. He frosted me out, total cancel, won't offer me anything else. I feel unloved.

Chocolate and flowers didn't work. Is there something in the game I should be reading somewhere telling me next steps? Or maybe I did and it was ridiculously vague?

You have to get season level 15 and 40 for more quests for the rest of the unlocks.  If you are a subscriber, you get additional unlocks at 42, 67, and 94.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, septru said:

There actually aren't very many places in this SH to even make mirrored arrangements but, where there are, I didn't think the hooks were too bad.  Not all align perfectly but you can get them pretty close.

7 hours ago, FlatTax said:

You forget this is primarily a Cash Shop stronghold. I suspect the monetized portions will be better.

yet you can't even BUY anything with cc.  it's all playing through seasons which is laughably ridiculous

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DawnAskham said:

I liked the general looks, but yeah once inside and trying to decorate, the issues become apparent - especially the low ceilings.

that's the issue.  it looks GREAT!! on the outside with all the bridges, creeks, river going through.  looks like a palace etc.  then you go inside? aaaaahhhhh.  what do you want me to do with this? i put 2 benches in the hallways, some plants and it's done LOL

3 hours ago, LittleEwina said:

A number of them aren't, I checked several of them just to see placing the Lifeday light thingie to check and for those that are facing each other that I tried, they were not aligning perfectly. However I do not have the full stronghold unlocked so maybe the other parts are better in that at least

fleet apartments drive me nuts with this.

I wish a couple things were redesigned for decorating:

• Hooks are all the same size and decorations can be placed on any hook
  • Hooks have two to three times the current movement distance
  • Hooks can be moved vertical

Low ceilings probably wouldn't be such a huge issue if we had all of the above available, especially vertical axis movement.

Edited by Darkestmonty
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sarfux said:

yet you can't even BUY anything with cc.  it's all playing through seasons which is laughably ridiculous

Sure you can, it just means buying up to 94 GS levels first. Then, the last three expansions are apparently CC-only.

I've slapped a wall to hide the questgiver NPC and lost energy to do anything more. It's all so big and beautiful outside, but the inside is disappointing. After hiding the NPC all I can do is putting a bench and maybe a really small flower pot, and that's all.

14 minutes ago, FlatTax said:

Sure you can, it just means buying up to 94 GS levels first. Then, the last three expansions are apparently CC-only.

The last three are able to be bought with either CC or credits.  

• Like 1

My place looks absolutely perfect.

Maybe the problem is you don't have enough decos, or perhaps you just don't have the right decos.

Or maybe you just have very poor ability to make concepts that look good.

Whichever it is, it doesn't change the fact the stronghold is really well done.

If you want to see what a great design looks like, drop by Satele Shan and look up my place.

Løch-ness mønster's Luxury Villa - Public Listed. (When I am online, which is fairly often)

Here is the preview of the overall sh. For a closer look, you just have to visit in-game.

Screenshot_2024-03-16_00_14_47_887307.jpg

13 hours ago, FlatTax said:

The non-gs unlock expansions are in-game credits or cc.