Galactic Seasons without a companion was a let down.

akdonkey

I hope the next season we get a companion. You guys missed out not giving us 3V-1L as a companion especially since for so long people have asked for a Darkside astromech. At the bare least we could have gotten a 3V-1L skin for T7.

• Like 3

we have so much companions that are useless cuz we can use only 8 max... so I dont minde getting anotherone.

I didn't play the last gs cuz I didn't liked the story. I would have enjoy something near the main tstory like going with Arcann (or another actual companion) somewhere and undig some clues about main story ;) 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kazuone said:

I would have enjoy something near the main tstory like going with Arcann (or another actual companion) somewhere and undig some clues about main story ;) 

Galactic Seasons are separate from existing companions and the main story because they can be played by anyone at any level.

il y a 11 minutes, Whykara a dit :

Galactic Seasons are separate from existing companions and the main story because they can be played by anyone at any level.

yeah I completly forgot this ;) 
But at this point, mabye only high level player content could be a good thing. New players have soo much content to enjoy ! (Don't throw me rocks ! ;) )

I think a healthy compromise is as follows:

I don't mind having lots of Companions per se so I'm fine with Broadsword providing us tons of Companions through Galactic Seasons / Story (e.g., eventually Arn, Tau, Krovos, Ravix, Rass Ordo, etc.) but (and it's a big ole Hutt Butt)...

1) Allow us to move Companions to a Hide Tab so we can focus on / prioritize and only see the ones we use. (Ditto for Recruitment Alerts). Obviously, we can move Companions back and forth as we see fit, but allow us to customize that screen. And...

2) Allow us to customize which Companions appear on our personal Starships. This may be more difficult to do coding wise (I wouldn't know.)

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kazuone said:

we have so much companions that are useless cuz we can use only 8 max...

Have to agree. And we have more companions than I care to use for dailies. 75% of my toons use Vette as their main level 50 companion. A few have Z0-0M, and the rest use their wife/husband.

However, I'm not against adding more as I'm sure there are others out there that are still looking for a good companion to fight along side.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

Have to agree. And we have more companions than I care to use for dailies. 75% of my toons use Vette as their main level 50 companion. A few have Z0-0M, and the rest use their wife/husband.

However, I'm not against adding more as I'm sure there are others out there that are still looking for a good companion to fight along side.

um. all  the seasons comps dont even speak basic. none will be good enough to fight along side

I'm ok with adding more but I think they should have/do something special that others can't have/do. Might be crit/craft bonus or other. Leeling all of them 50 should be more rewarding.

5 hours ago, GeneralGyro said:

um. all  the seasons comps dont even speak basic. none will be good enough to fight along side

True -- they don't speak Basic -- but saying they are not "good enough" is a subjective opinion. You are assuming that speaking Basic is the deciding factor. For many, it is obviously not since I see many players using Cartel Market Droids and Beasts / Creatures. I even use Broonmark as my main Comp on one of my Sith characters, use Yuun on of my Troopers, and use CM Companions on others. That they don't speak Basic is irrelevant to me and obviously others.

Moreover, the GS Companions are possible to insta-level to 50 once you reach a certain stage in the season on at least one (sometimes two) character(s). Keep in mind the GS Companions can also be sent out on crafting missions.

I fully appreciate the view that there are tons of (some say too many) Companions; hence the reason I proposed the option to shove them deep behind a Hide tab.

Edit: I should add that I always click on the Conversation Icon under Chat Settings so when Non-Basic Companions do speak it is translated into Basic in written form.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast
Clarity

45 minutes ago, GeneralGyro said:

Yeah. That's a whole other problem. Although, Treek might be a good example of a companion people love despite her speaking pure gibberish.

I mean I remember as far back as S3, where people were complaining about companions being pointless in GS as we had too many already and they didn't even speak basic, so there was no attachment to them, and people kept asking for something different, instead of another pointless companion.  Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Me personally, I don't care either way, but I would like the previous GS companions to become available, for those of us who weren't here in S1, (or w/e season some else might of missed). 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kazuone said:

But at this point, mabye only high level player content could be a good thing. New players have soo much content to enjoy ! (Don't throw me rocks ! ;) )

I disagree with this.  I quite often do GS objectives on lower level toons since I can play them like normal and still get the objectives.  Additionally, GS shouldn't be limited to high level toons only and cut out newer players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, denajii said:

The reason there wasn't a companion this season was because people complained about every season giving a companion that they never use

Yup.      I really didn't need one more companion that I'll never ever use.

2 hours ago, Sumugi said:

2 hours ago, Sumugi said:

The problem isn't getting +1 companion. The problem is Bioware putting Quantity over Quality. If they give people a quality companion, they'd receive fewer complaints. I'm sorry if you disagree with me, but PH4-LNX and Amity are trash. I got a Nautolan sith from doing Star Fortresses. That's a companion better than either of those 2 I mentioned. Some other great examples of companions are Hexid and Ranos.

Edited by Traceguy

5 hours ago, denajii said:

The reason there wasn't a companion this season was because people complained about every season giving a companion that they never use

which was selfish because new people who joined with in the last season don't have the problem of too many GS companions.

Like Traceguy said, make the companions useful. GS companions could be a way of forcing rep tokens for their season to drop off seasons and a give players higher chance to drop on season. The GS companions could provide something useful like Altuurs +10% damage increase, maybe give some companions a longer CC, or something useful for tanking and keeping mobs stacked.

I have more companions than I will ever use but will never complain about free companions because I know not everything about this game should be geared to people who have been playing for 10+ years.

Edited by Darkestmonty

29 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

which was selfish because new people who joined with in the last season don't have the problem of too many GS companions.

Like Traceguy said, make the companions useful. GS companions could be a way of forcing rep tokens for their season to drop off seasons and a give players higher chance to drop on season. The GS companions could provide something useful like Altuurs +10% damage increase, maybe give some companions a longer CC, or something useful for tanking and keeping mobs stacked.

I have more companions than I will ever use but will never complain about free companions because I know not everything about this game should be geared to people who have been playing for 10+ years.

You don't have to play for 10 years to have too many companions. When you start playing expansions and start unlocking companions from other classes, new ones created for these expansions and those that can be purchased for seasonal tokens, the list gets really long, and each of them is more interesting than Amity.

Edited by Anhkriva
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Anhkriva said:

You don't have to play for 10 years to have too many companions. When you start playing expansions and start unlocking companions from other classes, new ones created for these expansions and those that can be purchased for seasonal tokens, the list gets really long, and each of them is more interesting than Amity.

The devs needed to improve the companions not get rid of them. Amity is better than no companion and much more useful than a 5 meter tall 3V-IL decoration. Galactic Season companions allow players to immediately hit fleet boost the companions to 50 and start crafting without spending time leveling through the story.

• Like 2

Honestly, I like having a wide variety of companions to choose from, part of the Space Barbie aspect of the game, being able to use relatively unique sidekicks and have a diverse headcanon.

That said, it's not mandatory for GS to include them, but if they don't, I'd hope the season would centre around a much better story than this past one.

biggest let down for me in this GS was awful story, they stripped us outta companion and promised a good story so i was like "okay. this is SWTOR i like me some good stories" and then we got a joke with a twi'lek hanging in his moms basement or something, a joke and no companion even rep track for masters army didn't make sense after you defeat him as there was no army, i mean who the hell are we getting reputation track for? what faction? it made no sense....everything was so lazly done in this GS.

Edited by BulbulusTheGreat
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, denavin said:

56 companions later I can honestly say.... I Don't Need or Want Another One.

the great thing is you don't have to call them out. Just because you don't want them doesn't mean other newer players don't.

I don't use more than 2 specific companions for combat and 8 random companions for crafting, that doesn't mean I'm going to get upset if more companions are added.

Edited by Darkestmonty
  • Like 3