Dear Broadsword .. update to GTN has ruined my game.

Savyl

1 minute ago, TrixxieTriss said:

They don’t need to do all that work. All they need to do is allow people to buy items at what ever price they choose instead of forcing people to only buy the cheapest.

which has the side problem of credit sellers buying a basic medic for 3B sidestepping restrictions.

Nobody wants to spend more, if a seller wants to seriously (not by 1 credit but by 1%) sell an item for less, theirs should sell first.

13 minutes ago, FrontLineFodder said:

which has the side problem of credit sellers buying a basic medic for 3B sidestepping restrictions.

Nobody wants to spend more, if a seller wants to seriously (not by 1 credit but by 1%) sell an item for less, theirs should sell first.

I disagree, but I’m not going to change your mind. So let’s just agree to disagree.

47 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I disagree, but I’m not going to change your mind. So let’s just agree to disagree.

The only people wanting the ability to buy anything other than the cheapest auctions are

• scammers hoping people accidentally buy their 3 billion credit player made dyes
  • people using the GTN to launder credits they buy
  • people who think undercutting, a basic function of an auction house, is a sin, unless of course they are the ones undercutting

Edited by Darkestmonty
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Darkestmonty said:

The only people wanting the ability to buy anything other than the cheapest auctions are

• scammers hoping people accidentally buy their 3 billion credit player made dyes
  • people using the GTN to launder credits they buy
  • people who think undercutting, a basic function of an auction house, is a sin, unless of course they are the ones undercutting

That's good, can I use that ?

I have no issues with undercutting in principle, it comes to the unit that I care about.

I feel if I think an item is values at 100,000 credits, and someone else feels it is values at 99900 credits, This is ok and acceptable. their item should be sold first.

but selling it at 999999 (basically 100,000 credits, is not acceptable and should be discouraged.

8 minutes ago, FrontLineFodder said:

That's good, can I use that ?

I have no issues with undercutting in principle, it comes to the unit that I care about.

I feel if I think an item is values at 100,000 credits, and someone else feels it is values at 99900 credits, This is ok and acceptable. their item should be sold first.

but selling it at 999999 (basically 100,000 credits, is not acceptable and should be discouraged.

There is nothing wrong with under cutting by 1 credit. They got to the GTN after you and posted their item. The only reason under cutting by 1 credit didn't work on the old GTN was it bugged out with such a small amount. You usually had to put 100 credit difference in or it would default low to highest price by time instead of actual price.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Darkestmonty said:

There is nothing wrong with under cutting by 1 credit. They got to the GTN after you and posted their item. The only reason under cutting by 1 credit didn't work on the old GTN was it bugged out with such a small amount. You usually had to put 100 credit difference in or it would default low to highest price by time instead of actual price.

While you are not wrong, I guess I am a soft touch.

I'd like to see a market where regular players can sell items as easily as GTNOR player who list items every 12 hours at 1 credit under the lowest rate.

8 hours ago, Darkestmonty said:

and it was dismissed by a lot of other PTS players who understood that the only reason people wanted the ability to purchase anything other than the lowest price were those who posted dyes for 3 billion credits in the hopes someone accidentally buys it, people who have credit sellers launder credits to them via the GTN, and people who think undercutting is a sin, but only with in their made up imaginary limits.

This is untrue. It may be your fantasy, but it's not reality and it isn't true.

The only one dismissing it over and over again when someone raised their concern was you. There was 10-11 people against it (some were not that clear in their response).

You can all go check it yourself:

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/931783-74-gtn-preview-live-on-pts/ 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DeannaVoyager said:

This is untrue. It may be your fantasy, but it's not reality and it isn't true.

The only one dismissing it over and over again when someone raised their concern was you. There was 10-11 people against it (some were not that clear in their response).

You can all go check it yourself:

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/931783-74-gtn-preview-live-on-pts/ 

wow, and you think I'm living in a fantasy world?

Edited by Darkestmonty

On 12/8/2023 at 8:07 AM, Savyl said:

First of all I'll start on a positive note despite the subject title. I do love the improvement in graphics. I like the new currency system because it allows casual players a chance to get better gear so that they can actually try more challenging content.  The improvement in stats has actually made my character worth playing again. Thank you for that!

On a more sour note, the changes to the GTN has literally ruined my game.  My sales have dropped significantly. Maybe your sales will drop too if you don't fix this. The economy is a big part of the game. The older system although it may be flawed was working. It was better than the new current system. I like seeing everything for sale all at once. I like to have the freedom of choice to choose who I buy from and how much I actually want to pay. I like getting credits in the mail because if I'm on field, or wherever, I can simply summon my mail droid. Everything has become so complicated. It's become a kind of communistic GTN. Player has only one option, to buy the cheapest price. Even then that doesn't always work because sometimes it only allows you to buy one. Seller puts up an item, only to have someone else come along and list the same item for only 1 credit cheaper. It's become a vicious cycle of do you cancel listing and lose expensive listing fee to play this who undersell each other just because you need credits or not? The older system you had the option to list items in the order you want and to choose who you want to buy from or to actually just see everything. I can tell you that nearly everyone on the fleet is complaining about the GTN. Not everyone reads the forums or takes the time to post.  I hate to say this, but a lot of people might stop playing the game if they have no real way to earn credits. The only real solution is to listen to your customers and bring back the old GTN because it actually worked... at least better than this.

Thanks for listening.. I hope you do anyway.

Nah, GTN is way better now, thanks Broadsword.

• Like 1

Swtor players: "this game is terrible how have u let the economy get so out of control fix ur gameeee!" 

Swtor devs: institute fast travel and other credit sinks, start fixing credit seller issues.

Swtor players: "this game is terrible thanks to your quick travel fees and ruining the gtn, roll back the servers to 7.0!!" 

Lol poor devs can't win 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, FrontLineFodder said:

apologies to the GTN sellers on SV

This is not helping the economy

Before:

image.png.de5c25965ee0cc14821945a822399a5b.png

After:

image.png.037b8ebdce3c817834283217d90d4f35.png

i like to know it also now.

how many sellers are there now undercuting by 1 credit now with the ultimate cartal pack since it needs to be more then 5 sellers that are undercuting by 1 credit diffrend.

14 minutes ago, Spikanor said:

i like to know it also now.

how many sellers are there now undercuting by 1 credit now with the ultimate cartal pack since it needs to be more then 5 sellers that are undercuting by 1 credit diffrend.

that could also be one seller trolling people. You don't find 5 different people undercutting each other and it lasting long enough for someone to just happen across randomly. One person posted 5 cartel packs with a price difference of 1 credit.

Two, maybe three cartel stacks at most, but not 5 individual cartel packs all with a 1 credit difference.

On 12/8/2023 at 9:40 AM, kinhoandrei said:

Why not focus on giving suggestions for improving the new system instead of requesting a return to the old one?

One thing that would address a tiny portion of the OP's (I think completely valid) complaint is to give us the option to purchase a field GTN (as we have field mail and banks). It can time out like the others so people can at least collect their creds. Not sure if that's even possible, but it would help with people's complaints about the tab thing (which really is annoying).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Samcuu said:

Swtor players: "this game is terrible how have u let the economy get so out of control fix ur gameeee!" 

Swtor devs: institute fast travel and other credit sinks, start fixing credit seller issues.

Swtor players: "this game is terrible thanks to your quick travel fees and ruining the gtn, roll back the servers to 7.0!!" 

Lol poor devs can't win 😂😂

I can't  help but to chuckle over the 1 (one) credit undercut!  IMO that is not undercutting.  That's just someone being obnoxious cutting in front of everyone else just to get theirs listed first.  If the purchasing ability (aka restriction) of purchasing in a specific order was removed and people could choose which item(s) (AKA stack) to purchase ... that whole argument goes away!  It's just that simple...

That being said:  a REAL price cutter (intended to do just EXACTLY that) ...  a 250K item is posted for 199K (just as an example) ... NOW THAT is someone undercutting in order to sell first.

One credit ... that is laughable.  I use to deliberately purchase the next higher priced item (one or two credits more) ... just to irritate the person doing the one credit cheaper price!!

😲

IMO it's simply some of the mechanics of the GTN that need attention (more like a few tweaks) ... not the overall GTN it's self!

• Like 2

On 12/11/2023 at 1:16 AM, Darkestmonty said:

"hey, I just bought 12 billion credits from your website, I posted 4 auctions of basic crafting supplement at 3,000,000,001 credits, can you buy those please."

They just bypassed the lack of names on auctions.

Yeah I mean, I literally said that in my post. Credit seller can defeat the lack of seller name and they can defeat the lowest price item EXTREMELY easily. Just sell an obscure item nobody has listed and gg. I don't know why you continue to make this argument when it's been addressed repeatedly. The only thing you have a point about is that it addresses issues with scammers charging billions for an item and someone mistakenly buying it. I really don't think it's worth taking away player autonomy and allowing/encouraging this stupid 1 credit undercutting stuff to protect against people who should read more clearly on the GTN. Especially players with that many credits who are all veterans.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OlBuzzard said:

I can't  help but to chuckle over the 1 (one) credit undercut!  IMO that is not undercutting.  That's just someone being obnoxious cutting in front of everyone else just to get theirs listed first. 

True enough, but that's exactly what the current GTN setup is encouraging (and rewarding) players to do.  Undercut by 1 credit.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 8:01 PM, Darkestmonty said:

or leave it at cheapest sold first to stop exploits and scams.

This 100%.  I like the new system because it will basically force down prices so things sell instead of the eye-watering prices now compared to many years ago when I had 14M and could rule the world. 

"It has ruined my game" though?  Please, get real.  If you want to play buy-and-sell, ETrade may be more your wheelhouse.

11 hours ago, OlBuzzard said:

I can't  help but to chuckle over the 1 (one) credit undercut!  IMO that is not undercutting.  That's just someone being obnoxious cutting in front of everyone else just to get theirs listed first.  If the purchasing ability (aka restriction) of purchasing in a specific order was removed and people could choose which item(s) (AKA stack) to purchase ... that whole argument goes away!  It's just that simple...

That being said:  a REAL price cutter (intended to do just EXACTLY that) ...  a 250K item is posted for 199K (just as an example) ... NOW THAT is someone undercutting in order to sell first.

One credit ... that is laughable.  I use to deliberately purchase the next higher priced item (one or two credits more) ... just to irritate the person doing the one credit cheaper price!!

😲

IMO it's simply some of the mechanics of the GTN that need attention (more like a few tweaks) ... not the overall GTN it's self!

This is what people have been saying. If you undercut, undercut properly or don't undercut at all. 

The obnoxiousness didn't bother me as a buyer at all because I was able pay 1 credit more and buy from the guy who was undercut. As a seller it bothered me when I wanted to get rid of something and if I didn't sit and watch the GTN I rarely sold anything because of these jerks. However whenever I had time for that, I brought the prices down significantly by relisting. Every time someone undercut me with 1 credit, I undercut him with millions or tens of millions. Eventually they stopped doing it. These people don't understand that not everyone is doing it for credits; sometimes people just want to get rid of stuff.  With the 7.4 changes it's not worth it anymore, so I've stopped using GTN, and so have a lot of other people. 

37 minutes ago, Sprigget said:

This 100%.  I like the new system because it will basically force down prices so things sell instead of the eye-watering prices now compared to many years ago when I had 14M and could rule the world. 

"It has ruined my game" though?  Please, get real.  If you want to play buy-and-sell, ETrade may be more your wheelhouse.

Have you not read anything in this (or the other threads)? The prices will be forced down for sure: 1 credit at a time. How many years until something has dropped from 3 billion credits to something "affordable", let's say 20 million for arguments sake?  As soon as every casual buyer/seller has been driven off from GTN by these 1 credit undercutters the market will have less competition which leads to prices rising again. 

Just because people have listed items with ridicilous prices doesn't mean they sold those items. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeannaVoyager said:

This is what people have been saying. If you undercut, undercut properly or don't undercut at all. 

The obnoxiousness didn't bother me as a buyer at all because I was able pay 1 credit more and buy from the guy who was undercut. As a seller it bothered me when I wanted to get rid of something and if I didn't sit and watch the GTN I rarely sold anything because of these jerks. However whenever I had time for that, I brought the prices down significantly by relisting. Every time someone undercut me with 1 credit, I undercut him with millions or tens of millions. Eventually they stopped doing it. These people don't understand that not everyone is doing it for credits; sometimes people just want to get rid of stuff.  With the 7.4 changes it's not worth it anymore, so I've stopped using GTN, and so have a lot of other people. 

Have you not read anything in this (or the other threads)? The prices will be forced down for sure: 1 credit at a time. How many years until something has dropped from 3 billion credits to something "affordable", let's say 20 million for arguments sake?  As soon as every casual buyer/seller has been driven off from GTN by these 1 credit undercutters the market will have less competition which leads to prices rising again. 

Just because people have listed items with ridicilous prices doesn't mean they sold those items. 

As you admitted, you stopped using GTN, so that explains why you have such incorrect information. Undercutting prices is, of course, the norm, but not by 1 credit (it's rather rare, apart from very cheap materials), but by thousands and sometimes millions, depending on the starting price. For example, I have several Compendiums for sale and I watch the prices very carefully, they dropped to 93m and the last cuts were by 500k, no one wasted time playing with 1 credit cut. The Mount I would like to buy, the price dropped on average by 5m on the offer, although it must be admitted that they started from a very high price.

14 hours ago, SoyElSenado said:

Yeah I mean, I literally said that in my post. Credit seller can defeat the lack of seller name and they can defeat the lowest price item EXTREMELY easily. Just sell an obscure item nobody has listed and gg. I don't know why you continue to make this argument when it's been addressed repeatedly. The only thing you have a point about is that it addresses issues with scammers charging billions for an item and someone mistakenly buying it. I really don't think it's worth taking away player autonomy and allowing/encouraging this stupid 1 credit undercutting stuff to protect against people who should read more clearly on the GTN. Especially players with that many credits who are all veterans.

Forcing people to buy low has more benefits then just stopping mistake buying. It forces prices in the downward direction. it is also a stronger deterrent then just hiding names. (i.e. credit sellers, and buyers, have to do more to complete a successful exchange,)

Sure it's annoying to have someone cut in line so to speak, but undercutting someone by 100,000 is someone wanting to sell something before someone else too. Also the new changes to the GTN doesn't technically prevent you from buying at the price that was undercut. You can ask to buy "such and such" item for "such and such" price in the trade chat.   

Edited by AFadedMemory

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.