Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Game Update 7.4 "Chains in the Dark" Updates

JackieKo

14 minutes ago, DeadBySun said:

Just open task manager log in game and watch how u RAM fly in far far galaxy.  

sadly i cant look at it since i play in full screen mode.

but 10 hours ago i got no problems with lagg but after the update there is a lot of lag i get.

Edited by Spikanor

well downloaded Steam and then downloading the game YET AGAIN didn't work either ..so now i got steam which i never use on my damn pc again and a dead Star wars ..between them its a good chunk of memory wasted..i really hate to quit the game as i got a month left of sub time but this is friggin ridicules..i refuse to wipe my damn PC again just to play..all day friggin affair..first the damn upgrade now no damn Game no matter what i try

• Sad 1

I'm also having memory issues with the game quickly growing in size from starting at 2.1GB to up 25GB.  The exact number varies by how long its  been running.  or what I am doing.

image.png.32d6a8125336993e6aaac00adbebfb43.png

image.thumb.png.c1306f064702209560d71e7c8cc7debd.png

Restarting the game seems to reset it but it can climb within minutes to that values sometimes.  I was basically sitting on the fleet talking to Zeke during this time and messing with gear.  

Additional Info: I also tried running in LOW graphics and other settings but the problem persisted regardless.

I'm running an older system, i5-4690, 32GB RAM, GTX 960.  Prior to the patch I would run consistently on Ultra or High and only lower to like medium if I was doing a laggy world boss in a large group, most times leaving it high or ultra with nameplates off was enough though.  

Additional update: a guild member reported memory issues as well 

Edited by ValaraukarU
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Can you please give more details on your experience/what you are seeing? Is the button grayed out? Is the patch showing it's downloading? Are you using the SWTOR launch or using Steam? Is it possible that your AV is blocking the game? It would be helpful to know these types of details. Thanks! 

Before 7.4 update my games running fine but then now i cant play the game , unplayable , when loggin in to character selection or server selection it won't showed up and loading then freezed for some reason , i don't know how to fix this , i am sad this the only game i play .

1 hour ago, Trebor-droffig said:

well downloaded Steam and then downloading the game YET AGAIN didn't work either ..so now i got steam which i never use on my damn pc again and a dead Star wars ..between them its a good chunk of memory wasted..i really hate to quit the game as i got a month left of sub time but this is friggin ridicules..i refuse to wipe my damn PC again just to play..all day friggin affair..first the damn upgrade now no damn Game no matter what i try

same the game won't let me play , freezed startup loading to the character selection or server selection 😕

@JackieKo  are implant upgrades supposed to jump from 2500 tech frags to 6500 tech frags when trying to upgrade to 338?  i'm assuming it would also be 6500 tech frags to upgrade to 340 as well?

on PTS, it was 2500 all the way up, from what i was told.

NM, i just heard there's a cheevo for 2 340 implants. so i guess we gotta get two to 340 before the discount kicks in for all the others.

Edited by Chryptyk
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, chaelinsthighs said:

The new graphics settings look fine solo, but if you're in a group of more than 5 or so people, the game is unplayable. Our guild on Star Forge just tried to do a rampage/world boss run, and it was impossible. The game froze and stuttered non stop, and every single person's game crashed at least 4 times in 15 minutes. I don't think the new graphics settings can handle big groups-- I definitely think thats something yall need to look into ASAP

The game has always been like this.

2 hours ago, PeterGun-SWE said:

@JackieKo You have definitely issues with memory leaks on the client side right now!

Memory usage goes from a 2000 MB(2GB) at start up, to almost 200000 MB(20GB). even if you are just idling on the fleet!!!

Definitely, I also crashed with 100% memory used by swtor.exe :(

2 hours ago, DeadBySun said:

And as always zero answer from devs. 

I’m pretty critical of the devs (just go look in the PvP forum if you don’t want to take my word), but they literally have been answering in this thread all day about the issues and they’re deploying a patch tonight to fix the bugs . What else do you expect in terms of answers from devs?

Edited by SoyElSenado

8 hours ago, IAmTheYoghurt said:

2 minutes into using the "improved" GTN, 2 bloody minutes ...

Search for crafting schematics, it no longer grays out those you character already knows, i.e. unusable.

Search for spaceship upgrades, it does not have subcategories, 'search' button is unavailable, i.e. unusable.

I.e. literally nobody tested this patch before it went live and this new 'UI designer' continues to butcher our game.
But hey, you can buy a one-shot dye for 2500 CC. What a joke.

Noticed you can't search by armor type either. So you have to either manually search "chest" or scroll through dozens of bracers. As someone who mixes and matches armor, it would be nice for the subcategories to return

5 hours ago, JackieKo said:

@Melaras @Trebor-droffig

If you have not already, please send in your launch logs to support@swtor.com. They can usually be found on this path: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic Launcher

Please be sure to include your SWTOR account name. 

@JackieKo, it is done, waiting for a response.

3 hours ago, SoyElSenado said:

I’m pretty critical of the devs (just go look in the PvP forum if you don’t want to take my word), but they literally have been answering in this thread all day about the issues and they’re deploying a patch tonight to fix the bugs . What else do you expect in terms of answers from devs?

I expect to be able to login to the game and have the privilege to experience the features everyone has been complaining about.

• Like 2

The gold metallic dyes on the cartel market are bundle only and thus not able to be previewed... someone on star forge bought the bundle and linked them in fleet chat for people to preview. I'm not a gold boi so I wouldn't buy it regardless but if it were a color I was interested in there's no shot I'm buying dyes for that many cc without being able to preview it extensively on armor sets...

• Like 1

Hello I think I found the cause of the memory leak which is resulting in crashes

I noticed one of my group mates was invisible (completely invisible, not stealthy invisible), and everyone in the group aside from him was crashing constantly.

I watched task manager as he switched outfits

Turns out his "Armored Messenger" outfit causes my RAM to climb endlessly until I crash

When he switches out of it, the memory leak immediately stops. The memory doesn't de-allocate, just stays where its at. When he switches back into it, my RAM allocation begins to rapidly climb again

edit: don't know if relevant, but they're using the old black/grey dye

Edited by Pryath
  • Like 1

I'm here to gush about how absolutely happy I am with all of these quality of life updates!! The new lighting, the changes to environments, it's really brought my love for the game back to the forefront and I'm just so freaking happy we're finally getting these QOL updates after all of these years!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought you guys said in the live stream that we would be able to get rakata gear "no matter what you play." Soooo how come PvPers can't buy Op-1 catalysts? You can buy 175 op-1 catalyst with 500 FP-1 stabilizers at the flashpoint vendor, but the PvP vendor doesn't sell any.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.