Game Update 7.4 "Chains in the Dark" Updates

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Good morning, everyone!

I'm going to be using this thread to post updates regarding today's maintenance. We will be taking down servers in approximately 15 minutes to deploy Game Update 7.4. Estimated downtime: 3 hours. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Big issue: I can't seem to get the Hyde and Zeek quests for 340 gear components, just the conversation where they tell me to wait for them to have new stuff. I have completed all previous quests on all my level 80 characters.

Others in the game have mentioned the same issue, no H&Z missions on characters that have completed all previous ones.

Edited by Ramell
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Trebor-droffig said:

as ALWAYS happens.. my game is not working its hanging up on the first screen (the new one)..every single time their is an update i can't get back into the damn game

Many players in my guild experience the same thing. Including today's "update".

Also no H&Z missions on characters that have completed all previous ones.

Edited by Lord_Malganus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, meddani said:

this. if this is a bug it needs a fix asap

I assume it's a bug. I've retoggled exploration missions (got turned off by this patch too*), but that did nothing. Only things it could be is a bug, or it requires doing or starting the new story, but that'd be entirely inconsistent with every previous H&Z mission. 

*this exploration mission nonsense should never have been a thing. People who can't handle side quests should not be pandered to.

• Like 2

so what are we supposed to do ???? delete the entire damn game and redownload it AGAIN ???? (this will make about the 20th time ive had to do this crap) beginning to wonder whether i should re-up my sub or not ..this is getting beyond ridicules seems like you would want to make access to the game easier not Harder

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Ramell said:

Big issue: I can't seem to get the Hyde and Zeek quests for 340 gear components, just the conversation where they tell me to wait for them to have new stuff. I have completed all previous quests on all my level 80 characters.

Others in the game have mentioned the same issue, no H&Z missions on characters that have completed all previous ones.

Just out of curiosity, where is there an official announcement this was going to be a thing? I've heard people discussing this as if it were confirmed, but I haven't been able to find where it was announced that it was part of this update. When I clicked on the link regarding gear updates it only referred to using MM chapters to farm Op-1 currency to purchase rakata gear. Can you link me to where they talk about H&Z 340 mods?

1 minute ago, cyrusbm said:

Just out of curiosity, where is there an official announcement this was going to be a thing? I've heard people discussing this as if it were confirmed, but I haven't been able to find where it was announced that it was part of this update. When I clicked on the link regarding gear updates it only referred to using MM chapters to farm Op-1 currency to purchase rakata gear. Can you link me to where they talk about H&Z 340 mods?

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/931765-gearing-feedback-pts-thread/

and they also said it on stream

1 minute ago, cyrusbm said:

From https://forums.swtor.com/topic/931765-gearing-feedback-pts-thread/:  

On 10/26/2023 at 6:37 PM, JackieKo said:

Our dynamic smuggling duo, Hyde and Zeek, has upped their ante and gotten their hands on modifications at Item Rating 340. Speak to Hyde on the Fleet to begin a new mission to acquire and deconstruct gear at Item Rating 340 to unlock these new mods.

It was also mentioned in the 7.4 livestream a month or so ago.

I was able to pickup mission Zeek's Deconstruction: 340 Prototype from Hyde on Satele Shan using a trooper commando.  Can confirm this character did not do all Hyde and Zeek missions, only 330 Prototype, 336 Prototype, and 336 Artifact. 

I am surprised people unlocked all of H & Z missions.  I only want to see items I actually want to purchase on Zeek so I only unlocked the highest available rating available at the time.

Edited by Char_Ell
spelling

Hey so I'm currently doing the Port Nowhere mission on my lethality operative and I noticed that the Toxic Haze green cloud doesn't appear anymore. My op throw the thing on the ground and there's nothing that visually appear after that. Also lots of clippings in the cinematic when Rikan, his sister are talking with one poor lone mando that just get walked through like he is a ghost.

20231205175219_1.jpg

Update: I can't see any holocom conversation, as in if someone hold the com nothing appear above, and if I answer a call I see no one speaking though I do hear what they say.

Edited by LittleEwina
Updating with new issues

With the new GTN we can not see anymore, which of the schematics have already been learned by the character and which are unkown / not learned. They are all displayed in the same way. Prio 7.4 you could see which schematic has not been learned yet, which was very helpful for armor collectors like me.

Why have you removed this feature?

Edited by Oeconomicus
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes into using the "improved" GTN, 2 bloody minutes ...

Search for crafting schematics, it no longer grays out those you character already knows, i.e. unusable.

Search for spaceship upgrades, it does not have subcategories, 'search' button is unavailable, i.e. unusable.

I.e. literally nobody tested this patch before it went live and this new 'UI designer' continues to butcher our game.
But hey, you can buy a one-shot dye for 2500 CC. What a joke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Dev Post
59 minutes ago, Ramell said:

Team is investigating! Thanks for the report. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Dev Post
1 hour ago, Trebor-droffig said:

as ALWAYS happens.. my game is not working its hanging up on the first screen (the new one)..every single time their is an update i can't get back into the damn game

Can you please give more details on your experience/what you are seeing? Is the button grayed out? Is the patch showing it's downloading? Are you using the SWTOR launch or using Steam? Is it possible that your AV is blocking the game? It would be helpful to know these types of details. Thanks! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1