SWTOR is expanding! Shae Vizla server launches this week!

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hello everyone! 

Like the title says, the Shae Vizla server will be opening this week! More info can be found here. Please read the article in its entirety as it covers the finer details of launch plans and includes an FAQ.

With the announcement of the Shae Vizla server going live, we wanted to provide some opportunities for our players to join in on launch festivities. Our streaming content creators will be giving out a variety of codes all throughout the week that include Opal Vulptilla Mounts, Opal Vulptilla Mini Pets, Mandalorian Heavy Jetpacks, and more. 

Each creator will be hosting their own community events, checking out the new server, rolling level 1 characters, and offering a guiding hand to new and returning players. 

Below is a schedule of streaming content creators who will be welcoming players to the APAC server. 

November 16 (US) / November 17 (AUS) 
8am PT / 10am CT / 3am AEDT - Swtorista - prelaunch 
9am PT / 11am CT / 4am AEDT - Stayalive7 - prelaunch 
11am PT / 1pm CT /6am AEDT - XamXam and TodayinTOR collab
3pm PT / 5 pm CT / 10am AEDT - New Overlords
5:30pm PT / 7:30pm CT / 12:30pm AEDT - MarcusB814
8pm PT / 10pm CT / 3pm AEDT - Sentsterling

November 17 (US) / November 18 (AUS)
8am  PT /  10am CT / 3am AEDT  - Swtorista
9am PT / 11am CT / 4am AEDT - Stayalive7
1pm PT / 3pm CT /8am AEDT - XamXam and TodayinTOR collab
4pm PT / 6pm CT / 11am AEDT - Kymeri
8pm PT / 10pm CT / 3pm AEDT - Sentsterling

November 18 (US) / November 19 (AUS)
10am PT / 12pm CT / 5am AEDT - Kittykissz
4pm PT / 6pm CT / 11am AEDT - Kymeri
5:30pm PT / 7:30pm CT / 12:30pm AEDT - MarcusB814

We also wanted to highlight some fantastic new player and general guide resources written by our content creators as well! 

New player

General

I'm very much looking forward to seeing you all on the server :) 

Jackie 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

image.thumb.jpeg.a0da9428acedd71a8ef27f4084d25bb6.jpeg

Hello everyone! I'm hosting a special Levelling Contest once the APAC server launches! Everyone is welcome to enter.

Full Rules

1. Create a character on the new Shae Vizla server

2. Level them up to 50 using any method except a token

3. Once you reach EXACTLY level 50, you need to take TWO screenshots – one of your character on the character select screen, and one of your LEGACY panel on the new server

4. Post the two screenshots to my twitter thread! First 50 to post win!

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, LadyAdmiral said:

image.thumb.jpeg.a0da9428acedd71a8ef27f4084d25bb6.jpeg

Hello everyone! I'm hosting a special Levelling Contest once the APAC server launches! Everyone is welcome to enter.

Full Rules

1. Create a character on the new Shae Vizla server

2. Level them up to 50 using any method except a token

3. Once you reach EXACTLY level 50, you need to take TWO screenshots – one of your character on the character select screen, and one of your LEGACY panel on the new server

4. Post the two screenshots to my twitter thread! First 50 to post win!

Can I assume by the listed schedule Jackie posted, that the server goes live at 6am AEST tomorrow? Or is it 11pm tonight?

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

Yeah, there really needs to be a way for existing APAC players to transfer over there without too much trouble. One by one is not only tedious but very expensive. If it's not free for APAC players, you should at least offer some sort of bulk rate, one-time fee to move any number (up to the player's server cap).

Now for my question is GS5 going to be active on that server? The season is already half over. It's going to be hard for anyone starting fresh (level 1) to finish the season in time.

• Like 2

Just now, ThanderSnB said:

Yeah, there really needs to be a way for existing APAC players to transfer over there without too much trouble. One by one is not only tedious but very expensive. If it's not free for APAC players, you should at least offer some sort of bulk rate, one-time fee to move any number (up to the player's server cap).

Now for my question is GS5 going to be active on that server? The season is already half over. It's going to be hard for anyone starting fresh (level 1) to finish the season in time.

Free to move legacy would be perfect 👍 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ThanderSnB said:

Now for my question is GS5 going to be active on that server?

Your question is already answered here in the link Jackie posted about--> https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20231115

( re:  "Players will find that Galactic Seasons 5 “Confidence in Power'' will be active on Shae Vizla until January 24, 2024. It will have the same end date as the other live servers, but will run for a shorter period of time.  " )

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: hasty humans never read posted info anymore
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Your question is already answered here in the link Jackie posted about--> https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20231115

( re:  "Players will find that Galactic Seasons 5 “Confidence in Power'' will be active on Shae Vizla until January 24, 2024. It will have the same end date as the other live servers, but will run for a shorter period of time.  " )

Congratulations to APAC players on getting a local server!

Actually, a lot of the questions people are asking are answered in that article, including the time it will open for subscribers and the fact that it will be a clean slate server at launch, with no transfers allowed.

8 minutes ago, LadyAdmiral said:

Did I put a time wrong somewhere? I struggle with them. The contest is supposed to open as the server does :)

Jackie has prelaunch next to your time. And I’m still unsure when the local launch time is. Is it tonight or tomorrow morning?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

26 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Thanks, I totally missed the FAQ. I think I saw the blank lines and thought there was nothing more.

19 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Jackie has prelaunch next to your time. And I’m still unsure when the local launch time is. Is it tonight or tomorrow morning?

From Keith's announcement:

• The new server launches for Subscribers on November 16th at 1pm CT / November 17th at 6am AEDT. 

• Subscribers will have exclusive access to the server for 24 hours before it is opened to all players. 

• We are offering early access to subscribed players so they have the first chance to obtain their preferred character and Guild names.

We really need to have a server transfer operating for it. most apac players i know have a lot of toons and would like to keep playing on US servers and transfur a few toons for a specific raid team. Lets be real the population wont be huge for gear grinding.. The prospect of raiding with low ping is a dream come true for most of us..

I wouldn't be surprised if the server population is very small until the server transfer is activated..

Edited by LEEscoundral
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LEEscoundral said:

We really need to have a server transfer operating for it. most apac players i know have a lot of toons and would like to keep playing on US servers and transfur a few toons for a specific raid team. Lets be real the population wont be huge for gear grinding.. The prospect of raiding with low ping is a dream come true for most of us..

I wouldn't be surprised if the server population is very small until the server transfer is activated..

Absolutely, I have 100 characters on US servers

16 minutes ago, LEEscoundral said:

i think at start server transfer is closed because they want to see what a fresh economy will do.

giving transfer off the batt means billions of credits coming in right away instead of being generated on server. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Absolutely, I have 100 characters on US servers

From Keith's post here: https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20231115?fbclid=IwAR3r2QzC7pc9ITEoWPDAerMxnyVByPK6DbzqDlWBPYBCxRxp4wZdRTk6xsE

"Shae Vizla will be a new server with no transfers available at launch. This will allow us to monitor the health of the server’s economy and simultaneously provide a space for players who want to start on a clean slate or who have never played before. In essence, opening a new server this way will feel like a new launch. Our established players can enjoy the nostalgia of the game, build new communities within APAC, and offer guidance to new players. Those who will be starting their adventure for the first time will have over 12 years of content, stories, and fun to enjoy in their Star Wars™ journey. "

It doesn't look like there will be server transfers at launch. He lists some reasons why. Maybe they'll allow it later?

Edited by Illedros
  • Thanks 1

I can understand why server transfer won't be available right away. In FFXIV when they re-launched the game and added new servers, they did the same thing and didn't allow transfers to the new servers for awhile. Probably helps keep the economy from getting too wonky, not to mention new players getting a truly fresh start.

That said, I hope this new server pulls in more players (or brings back ones that quit long ago) because Satele Shan really doesn't need a population drain!

I'm wondering how much of a PR move this can be, like a way to say "the game is not diying and we are committed long term", versus "we have seen an increase in players count and a new server is necessary to avoid overloads on the English servers" (though technically with servers on the cloud, you can add CPU/Memory/disk space easily).

I'll go there and create new characters, because I'm an altaholic, and I like to replay the origin story. And grab a few CC here and there with some of the achievements and GS 😛

Question : Will there be reductions on fees (if not removal of some recent new fees) ? Considering character transfer is not going to be possible in the beginning, I imagine everyone will start with 0 credits. I'm sitting on a pile of CC thanks to previous GS on current 5 servers, so I might use some to unlock a few things. But still, with the current state of credit sink on the existing servers, there are many times where I lose credits by playing and doing missions (like, it cost me more to travel and repair my gear than the amount of credits I earn through the mission reward and the abysmal loot drop from the mobs killed on the way (that is if I don't stealth my way and skip the fights). My only real way of earning credits on the existing servers is to sell the OEM, RPM and encryptions from conquest (at least, that is how I earned credit quick on Malgus and Tulak Hord servers when I started there, to get enough credits to unlock everything as I leveled up the Legacy). But if everyone is broke on the new Shae Vizla server, I guess these will simply pile up in the material inventory (unless people sell them for peamuts compared to the other servers).

So, in short, the question is will you ease it on the economy crackdown, since this new server does not suffer from your f*** ups from "exploits"  you introduced years ago (like stack of items bought for 0 and sold for1000 credits/items) (I've seen a few videos talking about these to explain the reason for the need to add credit sinks).

The good news I guess, is that there will hopefully be no spam from GameEasy to sell credits on fleet and starter planets... or will they? Since the spammers are not even trying to obfuscate their message, and you seens to not do anything to stop it, I sometimes wonder if you get a cut on their sale, and if you actually approve that website. Clarification on this would be appreciated, though not directly related to the new server.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, BulbulusTheGreat said:

good luck on the server, i genuinely hope there will be a lot of players and im really wondering which faction will number more since every server has one faction usually outnumber the other, i am wondering which aussies & others around perfer more 😛

It's always imps, on every single server at launch, bar maybe a few, imps outnumbered pubs like 5 to 1. Ilum world pvp was where you could really see the discrepancy. Needed a 3rd faction ages ago. (Mandalorians with 4 mirror classes for 3rd faction anyone?). 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

It's always imps, on every single server at launch, bar maybe a few, imps outnumbered pubs like 5 to 1. Ilum world pvp was where you could really see the discrepancy. Needed a 3rd faction ages ago. (Mandalorians with 4 mirror classes for 3rd faction anyone?). 

i know that on darth malgus Empire always outnumbers republic, often heavly so (just have to go to respective fleets to see it) im big fan of empire myself so i don't mind it but i did hear that it differenates from servers, apparently starforge has more republic or so people from there said in the past.

51 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

I wholly endorse all Mandodorks being free-for-all pvp flagged for the rest of the playerbase

but it isnt remotely practical, it took them years to even get a functional two-faction swap and that still hasn't been generalized to content beyond Iokath or a permanent function, still just a gimmicky "look we figured out how to program this" tech demo more than 6 years on from its original implementation

1 hour ago, ytrenor said:

The good news I guess, is that there will hopefully be no spam from GameEasy to sell credits on fleet and starter planets... or will they? Since the spammers are not even trying to obfuscate their message, and you seens to not do anything to stop it, I sometimes wonder if you get a cut on their sale, and if you actually approve that website. Clarification on this would be appreciated, though not directly related to the new server.

there will 100% be spambots on Shae Vizla from minute 1, whether they'll actually be able to fulfil orders on SV is an entirely different matter but I highly doubt they're going to slack with their farmer bots either

short of range-banning whatever region of the planet the credit sellers operate out of (which will almost certainly catch legitimate players in the crossfire), I genuinely don't think there's anything that the devs can do to further stymie credit sellers