Cartel Market Friday Features Suggestions

Since it's Halloween, I wish Walkhar Trickster mount was reappearing... TRK-R Treatment Chamber appeared last year, this year the Ghostly Magus Armor set is advertised on your twitter as the big halloween sale, which is kind of disappointing considering it turns up as a random flash sale throughout the year, at least it popped up a couple times at non-halloween times. There's still a few days to go, you can add it still!

Interesting idea. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a wish list, so here goes:

• As mentioned by others in this thread, older, unique-looking sets like the Sand People Pillager and the Turncoat are nigh impossible to find nowadays. Specific lore sets (e.g. Freedon Nadd, Tulak Hord) have also been rather elusive as of late. A rerelease would be fantastic.
  • Additionally, the sets associated with the 2016 Dark vs. Light event: Victorious Pioneer, Victorious Trailblazer and Victorious Titan (see below). Rather unique designs, with the latter two seeming to draw inspiration from Ralph McQuarrie's concept art for the original trilogy. As far as I can tell, these sets never saw a rerelease either.

afbeelding.png.f9a221514d8a8889b4fa4cecbd3e78a2.png

• Then there's older PvP/PvE sets. While some, like the Rakata, Tionese and Columi sets have since been made available again through operations or operation vendors, others, like the Champion, Battlemaster and Centurion sets (examples below) remain more elusive. On rare occasions, some of these sets have made a reappearance as a Cartel Market set (e.g. the Chaotic Force-Master armor set) or Galactic Command reward (e.g. Ruthless Commander set, Deadeye set) through the fleet vendor, but most of them -especially the Champion sets- remain out of reach. A pity, because these sets boasted some of the most unique designs among the early endgame armors.

afbeelding.png.d0049040bf067429c51b3785f8a7272a.png

afbeelding.png.9fe596ddb4c5ecacad852153082061e0.png

afbeelding.png.d535f1861022864851bf5186fb0bf410.png

• Finally, there's the [Artifact] armors (not be confused with the armor rarity class). These are a bit of an anomaly. I'm not sure when they were available to begin with or how they were acquired, but they seem to be incredibly rare nowadays, with GTN prices being pretty insane, assuming you'll find them on the GTN at all. These offer a clean, dressed-down version of the Remnant armor sets (available from the alliance supply crates), which were themselves recently added to the collections tab. In the case of the trooper set, it's even rather unique in design. While indeed very similar to the Remnant sets, it would be a shame to let these sets slip further into obscurity.

afbeelding.thumb.png.44b08982aacabe4d62d3acb5f44e6340.png

I get that most of the above sets weren't Cartel Market sets to begin with, but they do represent an aspect of early stage SWTOR that seems to have faded into obscurity a little bit. With most of these armor sets being either flat out impossible to obtain anymore or an extremely rare find on the GTN (often going for extremely high prices). Seeing these relics of the past being given some due love would be amazing. :)

Also, all credit goes to ExiledMessenger (and Swtorista) for the (continued) availability of the images used in this post.

• Like 2

some old cartal market armors that need to make a return also.

Redeemer's Harness. Saberist's body armor, wayfarer's robe armor, CZ-5 Armored assault harness, ma-35 forward ops chestplate, street slicer's longcoat, outrider's flight jacket, dire taskmaster's robe, honored master's vestments, dire overlord's vestments, honored champion's robe, dire warmaster's body armor, honored saberist's harness, dire eliminator's chestguard, honored adept's shroud, guard captain's chestplate, MA-25 med-tech chestplate, CZ-27k stealth ops suit, emergency responder's overcoat, CZ-18x avalanche chestplate, MA-53 overwatch chestplate.

• Like 1

Outlaw's Armor Set!!! Been waiting for this to come back around and searching the GTN for it for years.

OR! Make all the old purple sets account unlockable. They're some of the few things that aren't, and for those of us that did collect them but can't unlock them on other characters, it's somewhat disappointing.

On 10/24/2023 at 6:05 PM, CommunityTeam said:

Maybe there is a mount you wanted back in 2018 but hasn’t been featured in the Cartel Mark for a while? 

Iokath Wyvern mount. It's a really unique mount that I haven't seen on the GTN in years. Here's a preview from swtorista: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUqS2zb_Fgs

As you already mentioned, the Vindicator's Saberstaff. The single-bladed lightsaber of that model was already added as a flash sale item recently. 

I would get some of the original CM armors with purple mods in them, if they are made available in Collections. Otherwise, there isn't much of a point spending so many cartel coins for a single, launch-era armor on 1 character, especially when almost the same look can be attained with in-game/crafted gear and dyes. 

I will add some armors (or maybe something else) to this list, after logging into the game. 

One comment on prices: the Vindicator's lightsaber was sold at 50% off the original 500 CC price. I was somewhat disappointed to see the Aikion Blaster Pistol being sold at 1200 CC, when it was also 500 CC originally. The latter is a pre-launch model, not a 'reforged' version (which was requested by some). The newest weapons are being sold for nearly the same cost. Please reassess the price point on these older items in the future. 

My bucket list. These Items I sincerely hope will make it inGame. They are long overdue.

Also an armor creation system (like the transmogg-system) to create our own armors (or to design them like the above mentioned)

Edited by Jesseriah

I know I worte it already but…

My wish for the daily offer is the Eradicator's Warsuit. I like the combination of an black armor suit and the black robe. With the red stripes on the arms. She simply gives every Sith a fearsome, strong warrior presence. I would be soo happy If I would see this great Armour cheaper in the cartell market :)

11BAF599-6EA2-4EE0-9FA0-8E0EB50170DE.jpeg

Battlemaster Force-Master

Of Lethality

Tionese Force-Master

Unknown Bounty Hunter Armour Set
(Prototype Shae Vizla Armour Set?)
(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Unknown Imperial Agent Armour Set
(1) (2) (3)

Unknown Jedi Knight Armour Set
(Hood down Jedi Stormguard? Green Resolute Guardian?)
(1) (2) (3) (4)

Unknown Sith Warrior Armour Set
(1) (2) (3) (4)

M-16 Projection-X Enforcer
(1st column, 2nd row)

Unknown Blaster
(1st column, 1st row)
(C-210 Elite Watchman Saboteur?)

Unknown Blaster Rifle
(Pathfinder's Blaster Rifle?)

Edited by Emperors_Wrath

Please bring back the Tulak Hord armor set.

Many players want this set to return as it has not been back in the Cartel Market for quite some time and only up for sale at GTN for unreasonable amounts of credits.

Even if it is brought back for one day or a weekend. Everyone would be so happy to see this incredible timeless armor set return.

If I logged on this Friday, or the next Friday, and saw this set show up in the store, I would be the happiest player in the world, as many others would be as well.

THANKS so much, Broadsword!!!!!! 🙏

flash-sale-23-july-2023-tulak-hords-armor-set-1300-cc-v0-ndzhf2l19qdb1.png

tulak-hord-preview.jpg

Edited by vasttt
  • Like 1

So, you guys (devs) are trying to add credit sinks but the changes to the GTN are grossly punitive to people selling high ticket items which will just make them use the trade chat more... and won't effectively reduce the credit float. it will simply chase people off the market where you can control it. Rather than get punitive, why not create some new high ticket items every time you introduce content. You now have more than a few new planets and new areas of older planets that have no strongholds purchasable. Buying and building strongholds are really high Conquest point items as well, which makes them highly sought after. My suggestion is to put a SH out for every new area at somewhat higher prices and increase the cost to expand them slightly, Which will remove credits from the float FAR more effectively than punishing GTN users ever will.

• Like 1

The first thing that comes to mind is the Gamorrean Axe.  Especially if it's something I can add to the collection and claim whenever I want.  I didn't have a use for it when it was available...and now I do.  Outfits have made many things suddenly more exciting than they were before.

So the Gamorrean Axe.  Yes,  please.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would say the Dreadmaster armor set which used to be named "Battlemaster Force Master/Mystic" I believe. Also the Columni sets.   

As for recycling assets that are already in game but not available in the cartel market I came up with a solution for players who want to play with non humanoid face aliens.

If we get an adaptative armor helmet that replaces your head with that of a Keldor, Duros, Kubaz, Rodian, etc. players can still have their characters be those aliens they want to be, a voice modulation would help them sound more like them in scenes and as the item is a helmet it would still be able to be hidden during kissing scenes.

For species like Kel'dor whose hands are different:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/sw...20101130214025

The helmet could also hide the gloves and display the respective alien hand models (already in game).

This would be an awsome addition to the CM, that would also improve character customization.

Voice modulation could be an optional thing or even replacing the voice with alien gibberish, since the one wearing the helm is expresing his consent to listen to such alien noises during his gameplay.

Edited by Saito_Hiraga
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Add a consumable that allows us to change Combat Styles for 1k CCs after already doing the quest but end up regretting the style that was selected (similar to name change, legacy name, guild name etc). Since, ya know, regardless of the fact that these choices are implied to be unchangable after making a decision, it's given the exception with cartel coins if we truly want to change our minds later on. I think it'd be pretty fair.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, following up on this. Not sure if you still update the cartel market every Friday, but with today's category sales, I got the final couple of armor sets I've held back on buying for a good while, since these were good sales. Now, I just miss a couple of still elusive items while aiming for 100% collections. I've followed the cartel market every day for a couple years now, because of that I think I can speak on behalf of many people of what they miss while still playing regularly for several years, these first 8 are the one-use sets not available from direct CM:

• Investigator's Armor Set
  • Noble Commander's Armor Set
  • Destroyer Armor Set
  • Pathfinder's Armor Set
  • CZ-13K Guerilla Armor Set
  • MA-44 Combat Armor Set
  • Outlaw's Armor Set
  • X-3 Techmaster Armor Set (some digging on the net makes me think it might also be called just Techmaster's Armor Set but might just be the bundle name)

The rest are normal modern CM items:

• THORN Sanitization Armor Set
  • THORN Containment Armor Set
  • Sand People Pillager Armor Set
  • Turncoat Armor Set
  • Gamorrean Axe (was lucky to find this on GTN for a good price a year ago but still didn't see it on CM)
  • Walkhar Trickster (old halloween mount, but several items that were connected with Halloween at some point are up in the market right now such as Infected Tree decoration)
  • Infected Womp Weasel (from CM tie-in at some old Rakghoul events, maybe you could add this next Rakghoul event?)

Here's a list of Cartel Coins card pets (I'm not in USA so I couldn't legally obtain these at any point, think they were mostly tied to Amazon purchases or Target or what have you over there)

• Model Flashfire
  • Model M-7 Razorwire
  • Model S-13 Sting
  • Model S-12 Blackbolt
  • Model GSS-3 Mangler (buggy in collections, won't open so might not be a CC card one)
  • Arctic Manka Lynx
  • Umbral Blurrg
  • Forest Nekarr Cat
  • Gilded Flutterplume
  • Lobelode
  • Model Novadive
  • Juvenile Savannah Rancor
  • Juvenile Canyon Rancor
  • Juvenile Marsh Rancor
  • Juvenile Mountain Rancor
  • Juvenile Nocturnal Rancor
  • Juvenile Irradiated Rancor
  • Juvenile Bull Rancor
  • Juvenile Tyrant Rancor
  • Juvenile War Rancor
  • MT-4T Astromech Droid (buggy, won't open)
  • TR-U4 Astromech Droid
  • MB-7 Micro-Defender Droid (buggy, won't open)
  • M4-Y6 Astromech Droid (May the 4th 2017)
  • M4-Y8 Astromech Droid (May the 4th 2019, probably other people missing other May the 4th pets than I got)
  • Opal Vulptilla Pup (is this still going on for content creators or did it get replaced like the Opal Vulptilla mount? That mount has been available in other sources in the last years)
  • B1-SAL Probe Droid ("there will be another opportunity for players to get that mini-pet." by @JackieKo 2023, I was not one of the lucky ones to receive the "wrong" pet last year, when will this opportunity arrive?)

Promotional items (some items like these were added during previous Friday CM sales):

• Special Forces Armor Set (Battlefront II is many years old now, got a support response that buying it no longer grants this set for SWTOR)
  • Advanced Black-Yellow Fortitude Crystal (pre-order bonus but many people playing this game wasn't even born at this release, pre-order folks doesn't care if newer people aim for 100% according to several posts here and reddit)
  • SE Black-Green Color Crystal (if this has contractual obligations with Razer, please work with them on some new razer peripheral lol)
  • Prinawe Union (the one Cantina code I forgot, the rest of the Prinawe mounts are probably missing for a lot of folks as well)
  • Corellian Stardrive Vanguard (Star Wars Squadrons is over 3 years old, but might be better fit for GS vendor)
  • AC-PT Walker (old promotional item)
  • Minimech CE (Collector's Edition but comes with neither the Digital Deluxe upgrade nor the Collector's Edition vendor in the VIP area)
  • Juvenile Macrin Creeper (AHQ Champions might still be going on I haven't checked sorry, don't have this yet)
  • Taun Fawn (some old distribution you had at conventions or something 10 years ago)
  • J9-BH Mercenary ("Rewarded to players who joined the SWTOR community via an affiliate game". Which game?)
  • LU-20 Builder (same as above)
  • 2C-TA Commander (same as above)
  • B4-4F Warrior (same as above)
  • N4-SW Runner (same as above)
  • MB-6 Micro-Defender Droid (EA Play to Give promotion, many years old)
  • F5-SC Fighter (Refer-A-Friend program " We know players will still want methods to access those rewards, especially the unique mount and pets. Look for more details on that in the future." by @KeithKanneg 2021, when is the future?)

Special mentions, can't guess your plans here but I wonder why are these in Collections for all to see that they miss:

• Title: The Seasoned Veteran (apparently this is for subscribers who have subscribed for so and so long time in a row? Can't find good official details)
  • Founder's Medal (At this moment I do not believe you intend to make the Founder title available to people who weren't Founders originally, so why is this in Collections? If people who own that item destroys it before using it on new alts, can't they just contact support to restore it... Why is this in Collections taunting new customers?)
    • Some of these items, Promotional items, Founder title etc., you might not mean to make them available at any point in the future. Why not make a new category in Collections, like Retired, and keep them out of the % count of overall Collections? People are trying to complete this aspect of the game. Thank you for reading devs.
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to co-sign the above post, which covers a lot of my Collections needs. The cartel coin and promotional items in particular. A few specific items/sets I'll name check are:

THORN Containment Armor Set
Gamorrean Axe
SE Black-Green Color Crystal
Adv. Black-Purple Striated Crystals
Party Jawa
Hutt Trainer
Title: The Seasoned Veteran
Emote: Think
Emote: Typing
Emote: Golf Swing

I'd also be fine with offering other ways to obtain some of these items, such as testing PTS features or tossing them on the Galactic Seasons vendor. 

Hopefully we'll see the Friday features returning in the near future. There haven't been as many in the past few weeks/months.