B1-SAL Probe Droid: pretty cool looking pet, thanks

BlackSilverRoar

1 hour ago, Willjb said:

B1-SAL Probe Droid:  pretty cool looking pet, thanks. 

It's red eye and extending arm are a really good touch; the red eye reminds me of HAL 9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey (nice).

Looking forward to adding it to guild (when its addable).

It was a mistake --> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/929094-jr-4-recon-droid-mini-pet/

What i'm still wondering from @JackieKo though ( and that ^ thread is *locked/closed* so i can't ask there )   is whether or not the lucky players who happened to login during that 1-hour bug window  still  KEEP the wrong mini-pet ?

Or do they have to wait  to receive it again properly like the rest of us ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

It was a mistake --> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/929094-jr-4-recon-droid-mini-pet/

What i'm still wondering from @JackieKo though ( and that ^ thread is *locked/closed* so i can't ask there )   is whether or not the lucky players who happened to login during that 1-hour bug window  still  KEEP the wrong mini-pet ?

Funny how it's now standard practice to lock gold post threads. I see communication is as high a priority for them as ever :rak_01:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ardrossan said:

Funny how it's now standard practice to lock gold post threads. I see communication is as high a priority for them as ever :rak_01:

I have been wondering about it as well. Too many locked posts.

That on top of, little heads up on upcoming promos/rewards (if it wasn't for the wrong pet there would have been no post on the subject.)

Next week is may 4th and still no announcement on that, we need to read other (non BW) sources about upcoming promotions.

• Like 1

• Dev Post
On 4/28/2023 at 10:11 AM, Nee-Elder said:

We won't remove it. As I wrote, there will be another opportunity for players to get that mini-pet. Hope you're enjoying the JR-4 droid in the meantime! 

On 4/28/2023 at 6:52 PM, Ardrossan said:

Depending on the information being presented, locked threads can be beneficial when relaying info. Much easier to consolidate dev info and ensure that relevant and updated info is being posted back to back as opposed to conversation branching out and info being buried. 

On 4/29/2023 at 4:29 PM, Balameb said:

Next week is may 4th and still no announcement on that, we need to read other (non BW) sources about upcoming promotions.

We'll be talking about these on the stream this week. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Feedback to take as you will...

IMO waiting to announce a time-limited upcoming event the day before the event starts is just one of many reasons players consider Bioware's communication to be poor.

The fact there are posts on external non-Bioware sites with details while Bioware will not confirm on their own site just helps illustrate how poor.

Keep live streams for big upcoming changes like 7.3, that makes total sense.

But come on, Bioware can do better with stuff like the May the 4th event that's announced around the web, just not on Bioware's own site. 

Edited by DawnAskham
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DawnAskham said:

Feedback to take as you will...

IMO waiting to announce a time-limited upcoming event the day before the event starts is just one of many reasons players consider Bioware's communication to be poor.

The fact there are posts on external non-Bioware sites with details while Bioware will not confirm on their own site just helps illustrate how poor.

Keep live streams for big upcoming changes like 7.3, that makes total sense.

But come on, Bioware can do better with stuff like the May the 4th event that's announced around the web, just not on Bioware's own site. 

Yup. It underscores how useless the official forum is. It's never been that useful for giving feedback, and their twitter has long been a better source for news, but as you say, seeing starwars.com providing info about the game that the devs won't confirm on their own site is a new low, Raffid :rak_01: 

9 minutes ago, Ardrossan said:

Yup. It underscores how useless the official forum is. It's never been that useful for giving feedback, and their twitter has long been a better source for news, but as you say, seeing starwars.com providing info about the game that the devs won't confirm on their own site is a new low, Raffid :rak_01: 

Funny thing is a few'ish years ago, I want to say around 2017, -18, -19, Eric (IIRC) made a post about about how they would be more communicative with regard to sales, etc.  And for a time they were.  And then they went back to no advance notification, announcing sales the day before, or the day of, or a few times official announcements have not even come until after the sale started.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...