I hope the Devs change their minds about future Galactic Seasons not giving us a Companion

MaximusRex

31 minutes ago, sharpenedstick said:

We don't need more meaningless companions. Seasons are just retention treadmills. They should have them tie in to the original companions, so that their stories can be advanced a little.

That's actually a great idea. Tons of players would love to get some new story time with the original companions, especially LI companions.

• Like 3

if there wane add new companions in the future from the gelactic seasons then there need to make a big chance first with the crew skills missions and crafting limit since that needs to become higher first.

adding more new companions now and you make then the same as pets compleet useless.

or there need to add something else what the companions can do to become more usefull then there are now.

Edited by Spikanor

I'd be disappointed by the lack of companions in GS if they were actually good. Which for me, means having actual armor slots so we can dress them as we want (like Altuur),  and preferably at least some companions that speak basic and are generally human-ish. I like droids and such too (would actually love another cute astromech), but Amity was so, so lazy. A normal human with no armor slots and that speaks Selonian? C'mon!

That said, I would hope that there will be additional rewards in the next GS track to compensate for the fact that there is no companion. Say what you will about having too many of them, an essentially "free" level 50 companion is something that I do appreciate, especially for alts. 

19 hours ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

That's actually a great idea. Tons of players would love to get some new story time with the original companions, especially LI companions.

I've seen more than one request in that "other thread" started by the development team.  Soooo ... Yeah!  I'd say that was a pretty sound conclusion (Not just a wild, unfounded act of speculation).  

Me ... personally...  If we're looking at ANOTHER companion ... I'd prefer to create my own:  full customization.  OR ... OR ... earn a token at the end of GS that would allow me to fully customize one companion of my choice!

10 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Outlander (squints): Is that a Republic model?

Or it could be just another automated can opener .. or waiter for the cantina ???  Maybe this one will take out the trash for ya???

... yeah ... just messin' with ya!

😜

• Like 1

20 hours ago, juliushorst said:

Is it confirmed that there will be no new companion? So far they said that the seasonal questline won't be given by a companion, not that there will be no companion.

The article posted literally says we are not getting a new companion.

Star Wars: The Old Republic | News, Updates, Developer Blogs (swtor.com)

Additionally, instead of receiving a new companion, players will interact with several new characters, like an oddly enthusiastic astromech named 3V-1L

On 8/14/2023 at 5:25 PM, Gwena said:

I'd be disappointed by the lack of companions in GS if they were actually good. Which for me, means having actual armor slots so we can dress them as we want (like Altuur),  and preferably at least some companions that speak basic and are generally human-ish. I like droids and such too (would actually love another cute astromech), but Amity was so, so lazy. A normal human with no armor slots and that speaks Selonian? C'mon!

That said, I would hope that there will be additional rewards in the next GS track to compensate for the fact that there is no companion. Say what you will about having too many of them, an essentially "free" level 50 companion is something that I do appreciate, especially for alts. 

The only two companions from GS I thought were any good were ALtuur and Fen Zeil. I was lucky to get Fen but I was unable to get Altuur. I wish there was a chance to get him.

• Like 1

unlocking missions in the galactic season is just
another fomo mechanic inside a fomo mechanic.

this will raise pressure to some players, to buy
all stages with cartel coins, just not to miss anything.

Edited by fabsus

1 hour ago, fabsus said:

unlocking missions in the galactic season is just
another fomo mechanic inside a fomo mechanic.

this will raise pressure to some players, to buy
all stages with cartel coins, just not to miss anything.

Since story is unlocked by levels, and lvl 40 seems to be the last part of story, there is plenty of time

21 hours ago, juliushorst said:

I assumed it means the companion won't be the first reward and the driving force behind the season questline, not that there isn't going to be any.

Again, it literally says what I said before, and I even provided the quote directly from the developer article.  I guess you can keep wishing for it to happen, but it doesn't get any clearer than what they said.  We are not getting a companion.  Frankly, I'm glad for that, we have enough of them.

• Like 1