I hope the Devs change their minds about future Galactic Seasons not giving us a Companion

MaximusRex

Personally, I am OK with not getting a new companion, since I only use a few

Inquisitor : Ashara Zavros

Imperial Agent : Raina Temple/ Kalyio/ SCORPIO

Sith Warrior : Jaesa 

Bounty Hunter : Shae, Torian & Akaavi

Jedi Knight : Kira Carsen

Jedi Consular : Zenith/ Theron Shan/ Nadia 

Smuggler : Guss Tuno

Trooper : Elara Dorne

Why them? Because they speak basic and some of them have a pleasant voice. 

I have nothing against Altuur Zok Adon, Fen Zeil, Phalanx or Amity, but personally I absolutely hated their voices and deactivated the sound while having any of them as active companions. 

If there were to be any new companions, I would like a male Togruta or a companion that would be completely silent ( perhaps a Basilisk droid? ) . 

On 8/14/2023 at 3:13 PM, juliushorst said:

Is it confirmed that there will be no new companion? So far they said that the seasonal questline won't be given by a companion, not that there will be no companion.

They said they want any new companions down the road to be more meaningful (have a story, be someone/thing you care about, presumably). I'm good with that. We have too many comps already and no real use for them since we can only have one out at a time and 8 on crew skills.

I want to be able to use my comps as a a group for a FP. My toon, plus three comps set however I want (dps, tank, heals). That would be ten kinds of fun!

12 hours ago, juanmf said:

Companion bloat is real. I bet 80% are barely used by most people.

Just take a trip around fleet and count how many Lana's and Shae's you see.

you are compleet right about it.

there are in total 83 companions you can choose out from.

49 from then can be use for crew skill missions.

from the 49 you can only use 8 to sent on a crew skill mission that is all 41 companions become useless.

and you can only use 1 companion that can help you in fights.

that make's in total 74 companions become useless in total.

to make it short 9 companions become usefull and the other 74 become useless and worthless like the pets are.

Edited by Spikanor

Not always. Sometimes I use some companions for specific fights. 

I.e. on Oricon I use either Xalek or Kira set on DPS for the fight with that plant thing up north. For usual I have on heals, sometimes I'll have a companion on Tank. 

8 hours ago, Spikanor said:

you are compleet right about it.

there are in total 83 companions you can choose out from.

49 from then can be use for crew skill missions.

from the 49 you can only use 8 to sent on a crew skill mission that is all 41 companions become useless.

and you can only use 1 companion that can help you in fights.

that make's in total 74 companions become useless in total.

to make it short 9 companions become usefull and the other 74 become useless and worthless like the pets are.

I mean, one could argue that such variety allows people to use whoever they want but let's be honest, Lana and Shae dominate that. 

And to clarify, my most used are Blizz and Treek

1 hour ago, juanmf said:

I mean, one could argue that such variety allows people to use whoever they want but let's be honest, Lana and Shae dominate that. 

And to clarify, my most used are Blizz and Treek

we can argue a lot about companions who use what and for what and on what class.

but the main problem will stay the same still that we have 83 companions in total and we can only use 9 companions each time.

that means that always 74 companions are doing notting and a lot of then become the same as pets now useless.

and so long there not chance things to make companions more usefull like increase the crew skill limit.

then what is the point to add more new companions in the game if you can still use a low limit of then.

• Like 2

I just want a favorite companion list at the top over alliance alerts so I don't have to scroll or click thru 8 pages everytime to use one comp from each category.

But thats right up there with wanting toys & pets to be in the abilities page or have a separate inventory for consumables. 

Good news is with them no longer focusing on big stuff it seems like content or game modes we might at least get some QoL stuff. And the UI guy hasn't broken anything new this last time so maybe they're finally understanding the game engine a bit. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hrafnhildur said:

We should be able to send more companions to do crew skill missions :  8 for the first gathering skill, 8 for the second  and 8 for crafting. 

The number is restricted for a reason, probably *specifically* to slow us down, part of a general pattern that SWTOR has historically been bad at implementing, that of making sure the players don't just race through everything and quickly leave themselves with nothing to do.

13 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

The number is restricted for a reason, probably *specifically* to slow us down, part of a general pattern that SWTOR has historically been bad at implementing, that of making sure the players don't just race through everything and quickly leave themselves with nothing to do.

I'm not trying to race through everything, but sometimes staying at home while only 8 companions can do crew skills is a bit boring, especially if I have to craft 10-20 complete sets of armor, some for my lowbies some for guild mates. 

8 companions for each and every crew skill wouldn't leave me with "nothing to do" since I like to run all heroics on all 8 classes, do DF/DP/KP/EV/EC, uprisings and help low level new guild mates. 

13 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

something is not right at all.

if there wane slow us down and that we not race through everything and quickly leave thenselves with nothing to do.

what is then the point to force us to become super fast level 80 then with the 2 mill exp reward from the legend of the sith story if there wane slow us down on other things and not wane race through everything when there do something like that then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spikanor said:

something is not right at all.

if there wane slow us down and that we not race through everything and quickly leave thenselves with nothing to do.

what is then the point to force us to become super fast level 80 then with the 2 mill exp reward from the legend of the sith story if there wane slow us down on other things and not wane race through everything when there do something like that then.

Because they probably didn’t want the outcry that would happen if we finished the LotS ‘expansion’ and weren’t 80.  If it only gave enough XP to get to, say, 77, then people would have been screaming.   So they put the slow down on the gear with the conquest coms and DRMs.  

1 minute ago, Darcmoon said:

Because they probably didn’t want the outcry that would happen if we finished the LotS ‘expansion’ and weren’t 80.  If it only gave enough XP to get to, say, 77, then people would have been screaming.   So they put the slow down on the gear with the conquest coms and DRMs.

what has that to do with the 8 limit crew skills missions then.

if there force you to slow you down with crafting and other crew skill missions and force you to speed as crazy to max level then its something is not right about it.

crafting and crew skill missions are compleet death after the 7.0 expension since there have destory it with the new gear system. there is no next level you can get from the crew skill missions, there is no new crafting shematics to learn so why keep crafting on the slow when there force you to become lvl 80 so fast as it can so that you can use the new gear system.

you forgot that we have 83 companions in total.

a big total from then can use the crew skill system so why give us more and more companions we can use for crew skill missions if the stupid limit stay's at 8.

1 minute ago, Spikanor said:

what has that to do with the 8 limit crew skills missions then.

if there force you to slow you down with crafting and other crew skill missions and force you to speed as crazy to max level then its something is not right about it.

crafting and crew skill missions are compleet death after the 7.0 expension since there have destory it with the new gear system. there is no next level you can get from the crew skill missions, there is no new crafting shematics to learn so why keep crafting on the slow when there force you to become lvl 80 so fast as it can so that you can use the new gear system.

you forgot that we have 83 companions in total.

a big total from then can use the crew skill system so why give us more and more companions we can use for crew skill missions if the stupid limit stay's at 8.

I was responding to you talking about why they gave us so much XP when doing LotS.  As for how it relates to crafting and the 8 man limit, it is a slow down like Steve mentioned.  We also really can’t directly compare the speed of getting from 75 to 80 with the xpac and crafting since they didn’t do anything with crafting for it.   It is still sitting at the same point it was with 6.0.  Even if they had increased the crafting levels with LotS, they probably wouldn’t have made getting to the new max as fast as adventuring was.  That would have been the slow down that would have gone along with the gear slow down.  

I don’t forget that we have how ever many comps per toon (the number is variable depending on who you took or rejected, bought, etc). I don’t look at it as them giving us a large number of comps with the intent to let us use them all on crafting at the same time.  If that was the intent, they wouldn’t have kept to the limited number sent out at a time when 4.0 dropped.  Not saying we have to like it but the intent seems to have been a combo of story and choice for the quick increase of comps available. 

‘Forcing’ is to level 80 so fast while playing LotS was IMO exactly for the reason I said.  Getting us started on the new gear system required us to be level 80.  DRMs weren’t attainable until you hit 80. Ops currency wasn’t obtainable until 80. Telling the player base ‘Run dailies and area quests or FPs to get to 80 from 77, but you won’t get the items you need for the new gear till 80!’ Would have made the player base livid.  We can’t just say they made adventuring xp go fast so that means they have to do the same for crafting.