Help - Unable to close 'Recent Update' message to press Play at Launcher

pixel_dust

• Dev Post
11 hours ago, Rotatorcuffs said:

Yes, I am aware of this post. However, that post seems to suggest that the Dev team was also working on their own fix to the launcher itself. I am wondering if that fix is still a work in progress or if perhaps that's no longer necessary and happening with the recent update from the network provider. The error message may be gone but I am wondering if the bug is indeed 100% fixed, as I don't want to invest too much into playing if for some reason it interferes with the progress I make in game.

An update and some clarity on the issue would be much appreciated. Thanks @JackieKo

Hi there!
Our fix is still being reviewed and tested! The fix that was pushed out from the network provider did indeed resolve the game mismatch issue. What we are currently testing for the launcher itself is to ensure that this error does not happen again. Of course, if there are any issues or blockers you run into, please feel free to report them here or in the AHQ forums.

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 6:50 PM, JackieKo said:

Hi there!
Our fix is still being reviewed and tested! The fix that was pushed out from the network provider did indeed resolve the game mismatch issue. What we are currently testing for the launcher itself is to ensure that this error does not happen again. Of course, if there are any issues or blockers you run into, please feel free to report them here or in the AHQ forums.

Thanks!

Hi @JackieKo, as an idea, maybe you wanna add a small note to the sticky post here on item 4 (which is about this version mismatch issue) to point out that as a possible workaround players can just select a character w/o pressing ok on the version mismatch popup to still be able to start the game (if this issue ever occurs again): https://forums.swtor.com/topic/929433-launcher-issues-troubleshooting-steps-updates/

At that time when I ran into the problem I didn't know about that workaround and was just waiting patiently for a fix to be deployed. Contacting the support channel afterwards asking for some kind of compensation for the lost play time (f.e. for an in-game item from the cartel market), I unfortunately had a not too pleasant conversation with the support employee who made clear that I was at fault for not contacting them earlier on the issue, since they might have pointed me to the workaround and allow me to play earlier. Since it was my mistake, no compensation was granted. Unfortunately, that was a very disappointing experience with the EA-support staff for me.

Maybe adding such a small note prevents another unlucky soul in the future to suffer the same.

Edited by Cidjin

• 1 month later...

Got the same problem, how is this still not fixed....

The only way round it for me is to click the "close" button as fast as possible, before my launcher has loaded. If i am lucky it closes, if i wait just a second, it won't.

Edited by Xestrom

• 6 months later...