Help - Unable to close 'Recent Update' message to press Play at Launcher

pixel_dust

I don't know if anybody who has this problem has tried this: it might seem like a fix straight from the 80's, but just by pressing the "Enter" key on the keyboard it closes the update announcement window (or whatever it's called) and presses the launch button. Works for me anytime.

• Dev Post
3 minutes ago, Beckwith said:

@JackieKoIt does NOT stick, it resets and turns off "Run In Compantibility".

Can you please confirm that you followed all of these steps? 

• Open the launcher
  • Set compatibility mode on the browser
  • Close the Launcher
  • Open it again
  • Confirm if the settings remained to what you set them as or if they were reverted 

I know this sounds like a tedious process but just like with any bug report, I need confirmation on every single step that was taken/detail that contributes to this issue in order for us to be able to understand your experience. 

• Like 1

@JackieKoI opened my swtor file and looked for swtor.exe and it was no where to be found. I turned off compatibility and i was able to download again and get in game but the version was wrong. Then the swtor.exe file showed up. So, I turned the launcher.exe and the swtor.exe to cmpatibility and it loaded the game, but I still get wrong version.

• Dev Post
2 minutes ago, Beckwith said:

@JackieKoI opened my swtor file and looked for swtor.exe and it was no where to be found. I turned off compatibility and i was able to download again and get in game but the version was wrong. Then the swtor.exe file showed up. So, I turned the launcher.exe and the swtor.exe to cmpatibility and it loaded the game, but I still get wrong version.

Please send your host log file to support if you have not yet. You can send an email to support@swtor.com with 1) your account name and 2) the file located here C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic Launcher

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Can you please confirm that you followed all of these steps? 

• Open the launcher
  • Set compatibility mode on the browser
  • Close the Launcher
  • Open it again
  • Confirm if the settings remained to what you set them as or if they were reverted 

I know this sounds like a tedious process but just like with any bug report, I need confirmation on every single step that was taken/detail that contributes to this issue in order for us to be able to understand your experience. 

I am having the same problems.  I have followed all the steps you have provided throughout this thread, and it is still not working.  I have also confirmed that after setting to combability mode (via the all users method Beckwith mentioned), it remained in compatibility, but I still get the error, and am unable to get into the game.

• Dev Post

Hi all, current update for this issue can be found here. Essentially, we're working with the network providers to determine the root of the issue as it seems that the new updates. It is also highly possible that this is a CDN caching issue and it correlates to a player's ISP as we have seen players get back into a good state over time.

@Beckwith I'll send you a PM as it sounds like you're experiencing a different issue. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2023 at 1:26 PM, Beckwith said:

@JackieKo After trying over and over again I was able to get in for most of the night. But now I am trying to log in and as soon as the loading screen shows up, it crashes a couple seconds later. Any suggestions on what to do?

try placing the game into window mode per https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Guide-Game-failing-to-launch-on-Clicking-Play/m-p/4809830/highlight/true#M70795

@JackieKo Hello, I have the same Problem with Version Mismatch. Tried everything mentioned before , with the compatibility mode, but nothing helps. I also sent you the files you mentioned. Please fix this soon, im subscribed and couldnt play the whole weekende, thats really annoying

I'm having a similar issue with version mismatch. I ran all the troubleshooting steps and couldn't get logged in until I changed the compatibility mode via the "Change settings for all users" option; otherwise the compatibility mode setting wouldn't save at all. I played fine this afternoon after running the troubleshooting, yet when I tried to play this evening, despite the compatibility mode being on as it worked earlier, I again have the version mismatch error. I have run all the troubleshooting steps again, tried to launch in regular mode to no avail and now compatibility doesn't work either.

Edit: This morning I tried the game as a last ditch before switching to Steam and without me changing anything since the night before where I was totally unable to get past the Version Mismatch error...and logged in fine. 

Edited by Zin-Zin
Added update

• 2 weeks later...

Server: Tulak Hord
Launcher: No Steam

The mismatch error seems to be fixed.
The launcher just downloaded a small file and the error was gone. I'm still a bit skeptical whether it will stay like this, but if it's really fixed then thank you very much.🙂

• Like 1

On 6/30/2023 at 10:17 PM, JackieKo said:

Hi all, current update for this issue can be found here. Essentially, we're working with the network providers to determine the root of the issue as it seems that the new updates. It is also highly possible that this is a CDN caching issue and it correlates to a player's ISP as we have seen players get back into a good state over time.

@Beckwith I'll send you a PM as it sounds like you're experiencing a different issue. 

Started the launcher today. It downloaded a new update. Afterwards the issue with the version mismatch is resolved for me and I can play the game again after the 11 day downtime.

Btw. Is there any kind of compensation planned for affected players who were unable to play SWTOR due to the issue (be it in the form of a couple of free subscription days or in-game content)?

On 7/18/2023 at 11:19 PM, OwenBrooks said:

there was an update by the content provider to see if it resolved the issue on saturday
See https://forums.swtor.com/topic/929433-launcher-issues-troubleshooting-steps-updates/?do=findComment&comment=9769803

Yes, I am aware of this post. However, that post seems to suggest that the Dev team was also working on their own fix to the launcher itself. I am wondering if that fix is still a work in progress or if perhaps that's no longer necessary and happening with the recent update from the network provider. The error message may be gone but I am wondering if the bug is indeed 100% fixed, as I don't want to invest too much into playing if for some reason it interferes with the progress I make in game.

An update and some clarity on the issue would be much appreciated. Thanks @JackieKo