Premades Are Destroying The Queue Again As Per Usual

ThadiusMoor

I don't know what it will take for Bioware to get it through their thick craniums that allowing premades to dominate the SOLO QUEUE is the worst idea they ever had...

If this continues, pvp season 2 is going to be a complete waste of content, but hey, that is nothing new, right?

Add content so that a small minority of the game's population can ruin the fun for the vast majority, and despite complaints, Bioware does absolutely nothing, and maintains their silence about it at the same time...

Well, in the end, the pvp queue will die and when Bioware realizes that the queue is dead, it will be far too late to salvage the situation, but again, this is nothing new.

THE ONLY SOLUTION IS SEPARATE QUEUES.... SOLO AND GROUP/PREMADE.

Will Bioware listen?

I highly doubt it as anytime good advice is given, it goes right into the trash bin.

RIP PVP Season 2, after 1 day.

Edited by ThadiusMoor
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, ThadiusMoor said:

I don't know what it will take for Bioware to get it through their thick craniums that allowing premades to dominate the SOLO QUEUE is the worst idea they ever had...

If this continues, pvp season 2 is going to be a complete waste of content, but hey, that is nothing new, right?

Add content so that a small minority of the game's population can ruin the fun for the vast majority, and despite complaints, Bioware does absolutely nothing, and maintains their silence about it at the same time...

Well, in the end, the pvp queue will die and when Bioware realizes that the queue is dead, it will be far too late to salvage the situation, but again, this is nothing new.

THE ONLY SOLUTION IS SEPARATE QUEUES.... SOLO AND GROUP/PREMADE.

Will Bioware listen?

I highly doubt it as anytime good advice is given, it goes right into the trash bin.

RIP PVP Season 2, after 1 day.

Speculative, but I believe they just told us something without actually DOING anything.  That is, the "priority" of the queue that they informed us would be changed from low wait times to matching premade versus premade...wasn't changed.

• Like 1

They clearly have other ideals in mind. 
One of the changes that they made was "likely" I think was the wording that larger groups would be pit against each other. 
From the games I played after 64 launches, I could confirm there was in fact a large group versus another large group when I did run into one. 
I was just playing in a 2man group and it seemed generally better, but then again there were a lot more players on than usual. 

Edited by Beyrahl

actually the match making seem quite nice i mean when i get into arena seem if another team have healer usually we also have healer and also if tank in que then both team seem to get tank

but i havent check if you get dc the lock out is 5 min now ?

pvp'd on SF. did a weekly WZ, two weekly arenas, and 3 dailies across 3 toons. so I did mostly arenas. they popped very quickly. I saw exactly 1 premade (that I could tell) and played against them twice. won both times. (it was a 2m...possibly 3m for one of the matches - all dps).

my biggest complaint about the queue is that the players in it are hot garbage. and that's saying a lot coming from me, b/c I'm normally the one being told not to queue. but (I kid you not) I had a dude in 260 gear. another match we won it 3v4 going away...and that was with my brainless healer attacking (rather than CCing) the opposing healer. not a brag. the competition is that bad. ofc there are good players somewhere. but it is super watered down right now on SF. I've never seen arenas so watered down. it's hard to complain as that's what I've always wanted (everyone in the queue), but it's so far from a solo vs premade nightmare that I don't even know where to begin.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ThadiusMoor said:

That answer to that is very easy. It takes people actually stopping playing the game instead of just complaining but still playing. It doesn't matter if you actually spent money on the game or noot. As long as you continue, it's obvious Bioware sees no reason to change anything.

Edited by Iollaum
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sappharan said:

Speculative, but I believe they just told us something without actually DOING anything.  That is, the "priority" of the queue that they informed us would be changed from low wait times to matching premade versus premade...wasn't changed.

I’ve not queued up so I can’t say what’s happening first hand. But I can guess from reading these posts. 

If they did try to change it, then possibly it didn’t work? Which is what I’ve been saying would probably happen for the last 3 months. 

Their matchmaking can never adjust properly while ever there is a pop time requirement in the algorithm that overrides all other matchmaking. 

It doesn’t even matter if they make premades wait 1, 3, 5 mins or even 20 mins for a pop against another premade. If there are no other premades    available, then they will always get put against solo players if they have a combined queue. 

The problem is when there aren’t enough players, either solo or premades in the queue, it will continue to put the same people against each other, over & over. 

Bioware have chosen to try another Band-Aid to fix a problem & it’s not working 🤦‍♀️ is anyone surprised by this 🤷🏻‍♀️

1 hour ago, AwesomeTacoCat said:

It is absolutely no different whatsoever. They have changed/fixed nothing. Premades are just as much of an issue as they were before. 

Not sure if you guys ever watched the 1984 movie WarGames about a super computer WOPR & “Global Thermonuclear War” 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0086567/plotsummary/

There is a line in the movie that rings true in this situation too.
“The only winning move is to not play”. 

Seriously though, until enough players stop jumping through BioWares season hoops with this & stop pvping or playing the game, BioWare won’t do anything. I’ve unsubscribe & I’m not playing. That’s my move.

The next move is up to you guys. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I’ve not queued up so I can’t say what’s happening first hand. But I can guess from reading these posts. 

If they did try to change it, then possibly it didn’t work? Which is what I’ve been saying would probably happen for the last 3 months. 

Their matchmaking can never adjust properly while ever there is a pop time requirement in the algorithm that overrides all other matchmaking. 

It doesn’t even matter if they make premades wait 1, 3, 5 mins or even 20 mins for a pop against another premade. If there are no other premades    available, then they will always get put against solo players if they have a combined queue. 

The problem is when there aren’t enough players, either solo or premades in the queue, it will continue to put the same people against each other, over & over. 

Bioware have chosen to try another Band-Aid to fix a problem & it’s not working 🤦‍♀️ is anyone surprised by this 🤷🏻‍♀️

To be fair to them, they are trying to create incentives to get more people into PvP with the PvP seasons and even giving players access to the old ranked rewards like the furious gear-against protests.

Problem is that the average player playing right now is just really really really bad, so anyone who is remotely decent can run over them.

23 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Not sure if you guys ever watched the 1984 movie WarGames about a super computer WOPR & “Global Thermonuclear War” 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0086567/plotsummary/

There is a line in the movie that rings true in this situation too.
“The only winning move is to not play”. 

How about a nice game of chess?

I play alot of pvp as I dont do pve.   The majority of loses that I have taken are not from an over powered super group on the other side, but from costly errors and missteps by my own team.

Not Holding Mid.  Not Fighting at Doors.  2 players protecting a node.  Over rotating on help calls ( example:  player calls Grass with no number detailing aggressor, to many  players respond leaving other node vulnerable .)  Chasing one player around arena.   Standing on the edge of ledge in huttball.  Not passing ball.  Not defending the 2 nodes your team has and over extending.  Late call outs ( always call out, everytime, mutiple times during fight to keep team updated.)  Ignoring Powerups ( speed tick, multiplier, kill switch all three can turn the tide.) 

And for the love of all that is holy, none of the warzones are team death matches, PLAY THE OBJECTIVES

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Tasaas said:

How about a nice game of chess?

I play alot of pvp as I dont do pve.   The majority of loses that I have taken are not from an over powered super group on the other side, but from costly errors and missteps by my own team.

Not Holding Mid.  Not Fighting at Doors.  2 players protecting a node.  Over rotating on help calls ( example:  player calls Grass with no number detailing aggressor, to many  players respond leaving other node vulnerable .)  Chasing one player around arena.   Standing on the edge of ledge in huttball.  Not passing ball.  Not defending the 2 nodes your team has and over extending.  Late call outs ( always call out, everytime, mutiple times during fight to keep team updated.)  Ignoring Powerups ( speed tick, multiplier, kill switch all three can turn the tide.) 

And for the love of all that is holy, none of the warzones are team death matches, PLAY THE OBJECTIVES

SAME ... "Premades" is now a term for a team that plays objectives better than the team you're on in which you lose. "Wow they're so good, must be a premade". 

This whole topic has blown way out of proportion. 99.9% of true premades just dmg farm anyways, let's be honest. 

Nerds who lose just need a finger to point and have all jumped on this , "premade train".

Similar to if you voted for Trump you're racist. If you beat another team badly in WZ you're a premade.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Seriously though, until enough players stop jumping through BioWares season hoops with this & stop pvping or playing the game, BioWare won’t do anything. I’ve unsubscribe & I’m not playing. That’s my move.

The next move is up to you guys. 

Ill keep playing and win some and lose some, not allowing a 10 minute WZ where my team gets stomped to affect my mindset toward a game I love. 

Though again - I find it funny how many times you post in here about premades and you don't even play anymore. Now you're starting to encourage others not to play: Toxic ftw. 

Edited by darksidenerd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sithBracer said:

To be fair to them, they are trying to create incentives to get more people into PvP with the PvP seasons and even giving players access to the old ranked rewards like the furious gear-against protests.

Problem is that the average player playing right now is just really really really bad, so anyone who is remotely decent can run over them.

They may be trying but their plan is not working. People are going through the unbalanced misery only to get those old ranked rewards (some for the cheevos too I guess). When they're done, they will never want to play pvp again. They will never become good in pvp because they will get sick of it before they have a chance to learn it properly. That's a massive waste of potential pvp players.

With the current circumstances I'm not playing either. The rewards would be nice for sure, but they are not worth it. 

I also don't want to support wintrading, what it practically is. I prefer real pvp.

24 minutes ago, darksidenerd said:

SAME ... "Premades" is now a term for a team that plays objectives better than the team you're on in which you lose. "Wow they're so good, must be a premade". 

This whole topic has blown way out of proportion. 99.9% of true premades just dmg farm anyways, let's be honest. 

Nerds who lose just need a finger to point and have all jumped on this , "premade train".

Similar to if you voted for Trump you're racist. If you beat another team badly in WZ you're a premade.  

This is just not true? I’ve been in several premades since 7.2.1 that have steamrolled the arena/wz que. Still haven’t lost in a 3-4 man premade in 7.2.1 and I’ve completed like 5 arena weeklies and 3 wz weeklies? 

The incentives are terrible: I can either form/join a premade and destroy people or get steamrolled by premades. 

I choose the former some of the time but I just wish we didn’t have to make that choice and we had a solo only que with more balanced matches because just destroying people game after game is pretty boring…

• Like 2

I have personally felt the queueing experience was alot better this time around. And when i was in a premade before prime time for pvp i noticed my group of 3-4 spent alot more time in the queue. We also were matching against alot more premades. And when solo queueing most of my matches were fine. On my scoundrel i have pretty much solo queued every game and resting at a 70% win rate so it hasn't been to bad. I have also seen alot of people blaming loses on a premade when the otherside really doesn't have one. We just lost the game it happens. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sithBracer said:

definite drop is skill when 7.2.1 hit. that said, the arena pops are quick. they're just total garbage matches. I'm legit only doing them to robotically complete the quests (and b/c I'm finding arenas more fun than WZs - and the risk of getting another quesh).

13 hours ago, Dayshadow said:

Why are you queuing for Arenas in the first place? Let the premades have it. There is no reason to ever queue arenas solo.

They added achievements for PVP, they are for arenas too.

15 hours ago, KumbayaGOD said:

actually the match making seem quite nice i mean when i get into arena seem if another team have healer usually we also have healer and also if tank in que then both team seem to get tank

but i havent check if you get dc the lock out is 5 min now ?

The thing is that now matches are endless since you have tanks and healers on both sides and warzones like voidstar are stuck at 1st door with wasting 15 min of your time.

16 hours ago, ThadiusMoor said:

Well the que needs to die then. Look, they even let F2P to PVP as much as they want. I mean people who dont pay a cent for the game get to have same stuff as a paying person. Thats desperation right there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, steveerkcanjerk said:

I have personally felt the queueing experience was alot better this time around. And when i was in a premade before prime time for pvp i noticed my group of 3-4 spent alot more time in the queue. We also were matching against alot more premades. And when solo queueing most of my matches were fine. On my scoundrel i have pretty much solo queued every game and resting at a 70% win rate so it hasn't been to bad. I have also seen alot of people blaming loses on a premade when the otherside really doesn't have one. We just lost the game it happens. 

Would that your experience were the one most prevalent for all.

12 minutes ago, AwesomeTacoCat said:

It’s just idiosyncratic experiences. Sometimes there are premades in que steamrolling everyone sometimes there aren’t. And probably to varying degrees on different servers. 

A lot will have to do with how many premades there are & if they are evenly split. Ie, if it’s a low population time of day & you have only 1 pre-made or an odd number, like 3, the queue will always put solo pugs against pre-made. So if you’re playing at that time, you will always see premades vs solo. 

If it’s a high population time or you have an even amount of premades, you may never see one (as long as the match making is actually working). 

The longer the season goes & the more data points people collect, the easier we’ll be able to see if BioWare did in fact make any changes. We’ll also be able to see how impactful they are during low population times of day.

My guess is at low periods it will default to putting premades vs solo more often in the hope of keeping everyones pop times down.

Sadly, I predict this will have the affect of killing the queue even faster during those times & actually make games less balanced & the pops longer. Similar to how it was before.