QT Costs are not equal to travel cost

Sir-steve

2 minutes ago, AliciaWolfe said:

How does this fix inflation? what they just did will make prices rise more for compensations for travel by 20-40%

If I get 1B for every time a person didn't see the sarcasm in my original replay, I'll get 2B, which is not much but still something.

Jokes aside, either I'm terrible at sarcasm/irony, or this is a warning to BW because apparently most people don't think QT fees is hlping in any way.

3 minutes ago, eabevella said:

If I get 1B for every time a person didn't see the sarcasm in my original replay, I'll get 2B, which is not much but still something.

Jokes aside, either I'm terrible at sarcasm/irony, or this is a warning to BW because apparently most people don't think QT fees is hlping in any way.

ah so forgot to put in the /sarcasm at the end of your sarcasm like every normal netizen does.

5 minutes ago, AliciaWolfe said:

ah so forgot to put in the /sarcasm at the end of your sarcasm like every normal netizen does.

Unfortunately, yes lol

For real though, I still don't know why BW is sensible enough to add a "don't bother me I have money" option to the pop up window (I clicked it the moment I saw that window) but not able to see how useless this "credit sink" is. It's not the first step we need if all it does is inconvenience.

5 minutes ago, eabevella said:

Unfortunately, yes lol

For real though, I still don't know why BW is sensible enough to add a "don't bother me I have money" option to the pop up window (I clicked it the moment I saw that window) but not able to see how useless this "credit sink" is. It's not the first step we need if all it does is inconvenience.

So they can make the poor people leave, keep the whales so they can slowly turn this game into a NFT project and implement blockchain technology.  /sarcasm

They should of done this when the game was being developed if they want this to begin with, not super late in development like this, i guess they wanted to be like FFXI and FFXIV on teleport tax, but put it QT instead... Sarcasm: and not add in toll taxes for docking your ships on the stations, refueling starfighter cost, companion weekly cost, the random event that a thief stoled some of your credits... what else am i missing...? /sarcasm

21 minutes ago, AliciaWolfe said:

So they can make the poor people leave, keep the whales so they can slowly turn this game into a NFT project and implement blockchain technology.  /sarcasm

They should of done this when the game was being developed if they want this to begin with, not super late in development like this, i guess they wanted to be like FFXI and FFXIV on teleport tax, but put it QT instead... Sarcasm: and not add in toll taxes for docking your ships on the stations, refueling starfighter cost, companion weekly cost, the random event that a thief stoled some of your credits... what else am i missing...? /sarcasm

Pay 5k to log out.

If you Alt+F4, you can't log in unless you pay 5k or 10cc

(Hope no one thinks I actually think that's a good idea)

4 minutes ago, eabevella said:

Pay 5k to log out.

If you Alt+F4, you can't log in unless you pay 5k or 10cc

(Hope no one thinks I actually think that's a good idea)

That's a good idea, double that for each patch you have to install.
Have they ever introduce loot boxes yet?

(doubtful people will believe this is a good idea).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chryptyk said:

the quick travel costs are really insignificant.  you can make those credits back up just from killing trash or doing a mission in minutes.

So your options are: spend 5 minutes killing mobs to afford QT

or spend 5 minutes walking to avoid QT.

??? Really ???

i'm well off enough, i just QT.  a little detail people are neglecting while they are "trying to protect new people" is that new people will not be a high enough legacy level to have unlocked instant quick travel CD.  by the time you have instant CD on quick travel, creds should not be an issue.  in the regular course of just doing missions and killing things, you should be able to afford QT just fine.  if you can't, then you're playing wrong.

3 minutes ago, Chryptyk said:

i'm well off enough, i just QT.  a little detail people are neglecting while they are "trying to protect new people" is that new people will not be a high enough legacy level to have unlocked instant quick travel CD.  by the time you have instant CD on quick travel, creds should not be an issue.  in the regular course of just doing missions and killing things, you should be able to afford QT just fine.  if you can't, then you're playing wrong.

Even if the CD on QT was 1 hours, it's still too much to ask a new player to pay 2,000 credits to QT back to the Jedi Temple from a cave a million miles away, when their story mission is giving them less than 100 credits per mission. These players on Tython don't have 2,000 credits.

• Thanks 1

OMG Who the heck tested these changes in PTS and said these were good.

Trying to fix credit inflation by punishing ALL the game players? If there is too much money out there why don't they come out with things that one  "chooses to spend"  on credit sinks  rather than to pass costs to ALL.  This does not make sense at all. Like it has been said the poor players will become poorer and those with a ton of resources won't care.

This is LAZY at best to fix a credit economy. Sell Items that those with money would like to buy or at least like in other MMOs ask players for ways to curve credit inflation.  

I'm a casual player and this will  motivate me even to play less IMHO.

Edited by Christie_Swift
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Christie_Swift said:

Trying to fix credit inflation by punishing ALL the game players? If there is too much money out there why don't they come out with things that one  "chooses to spend"  on credit sinks  rather than to pass costs to ALL.  This does not make sense at all. Like it has been said the poor players will become poorer and those with a ton of resources won't care.

This is LAZY at best to fix a credit economy. Sell Items that those with money would like to buy or at least like in other MMOs ask players for ways to curve credit inflation.  

Pretty much no one thought they were good. Just look at the PTS thread about it

The QT changes are the worse.  26 pages of feedback and suggestions only for it to be ignored and for people to waste there time giving feedback. Really puts 7.2.1 in a less positive light, when it should be really positive with the upgrades they made. Again this really only hurt new players and that's the problem. It shouldn't hurt new players, it gives them a bad impression of the game.

Edited by commanderwar

9 hours ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

It's not a flat rate as in 'always the same' but from the patch notes:

It's based on how far you travel.  So large planets, like Nar Shaddaa will have higher travel costs then small planets like Ruhnuk.  It's divorced completely from either player level or planet level.   So essentially using quick travel to avoid the really long taxi rides, or even longer speeder rides, is what will cost the most.  It's a bonkers decision to go live with.

Imagine what Alderan will be like then 🤦‍♀️, 5000 for every QT on Alders. 

I agree with most of you, We already paid in our legacy to unlock quick travel as a convenience this makes no sense and is dumb on EA/Biowares part. I hope they see the community reaction to this and reverse it. If you wanted to fix the broken economy then reset everyone's credits to 0 and shut down GTN for 24 hours, sucks but fair.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Christie_Swift said:

They continue to amaze me how much they hate their own players.

20 hours ago, Christie_Swift said:

Agree with everything, but I noticed a funny thing from what I was doing: I haven't disabled the notification of QT cost yet, so I will need to confirm every QT payment separately. What I found myself doing, I checked the price, if it was over 1000cr, I decided to mount up and get to nearest taxi and use a taxi instead. I'm a multi-billionaire, but paying for QT still bothers me. I could afford quick travelling all day long, but I don't want to now. Since I'm barely playing this game anymore, I have time to use taxi or a mount when I do play. 

So the only thing this change did for me, it took away a QoL thing I used for years, but it's not reducing the money I have. If the idea was to pull some credits out of the game, it's not working, not in my case anyhow. 

I really don't get this  decision...

The only people that will suffer are those that are poor or new to the game.

Those with billions will continue to fast travel, and still be able to easily make enough credits to absorb the cost without thinking.

This really needs to be undone and rethought.....it is closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Received the biggest laugh concerning the distance travel charge equation when I went too exit my Stronghold on Carrick Station and found there was a quick travel charge to exit to fleet. 

What is next a charge to take the elevator from Fleet to get to the Cartel Bazaar?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ramahar said:

Received the biggest laugh concerning the distance travel charge equation when I went too exit my Stronghold on Carrick Station and found there was a quick travel charge to exit to fleet. 

What is next a charge to take the elevator from Fleet to get to the Cartel Bazaar?

First they need a tax for using your personal speeder, then a tax for walking anywhere, then we'll start draining those credits from the game :)

1 hour ago, Ramahar said:

when you entered your fleet stronghold, were you on the fleet? or were you on another planet, traveled to the fleet stronghold and now want to exit to the fleet?

Because if you were on the fleet, then exited back to the fleet, you wouldn't be charged anything.

but if you were on another planet and used the stronghold as a teleport to the fleet, then you are charged a travel fee for exiting to the fleet.

if you'd instead exited the stronghold back to what ever planet you were on, you'd not have been charged anything at all.

Exiting the stronghold at the stronghold location when you entered it from anywhere else now charges you the same amount it would have if you traveled there via your ship on the galaxy map.