Gear and Progression changes coming with 7.2

BryantWood

9 hours ago, BryantWood said:

For players who are recently joining our community or recently reaching level 80, this increases the amount of effort required to catch up to the community. We want these players to be able to play with you all, so these floor increases are aimed to ensure the effort required doesn’t become too daunting. 

The way these two sentences are worded, makes them contradict each other. In the first you want to INCREASE the effort or to put it bluntly, make it more difficult.

The second sentence you write that you want to make the effort less daunting. 

So which is it? 

Sorry, but I didn't understand anything! 

OK, so I have one set of armor upgraded with blue/purple from Hyde & Zeek, irating 330 per total. What's the next step? HM ops? HM flashpoints? 

How about the relics and earpiece?

The implants, do I have to talk to the droid next to the fat Twilek and upgrade or? 

52 minutes ago, bluehufsa said:

Sorry, but I didn't understand anything! 

OK, so I have one set of armor upgraded with blue/purple from Hyde & Zeek, irating 330 per total. What's the next step? HM ops? HM flashpoints? 

How about the relics and earpiece?

The implants, do I have to talk to the droid next to the fat Twilek and upgrade or? 

Veteran or master flashpoints for a 330 blue item or nim/master operation for a 330 purple item. Save the item in your bank. After 7.2 is out, upgrade the item to 336. Get the mission from fleet and deconstruct the 336 item to complete the mission and unlock blue or purple mods (depending on the mission you picked up). Now you can gear up your main and alts to 336 with mods, just like before.

We don't know about Legendary Implants. They haven't said if they will be upgradeable. They did say something about new Legendary Implants for some classes. Maybe when they reveal those, they will also talk about new item ratings for all legendaries then.

2 hours ago, Darthmoriquendi said:

If we only had to upgrade to 336 to be eligable,  that would not be an issue. But if we have to deconstruct the earpiece again, that is where the problem is. Regrinding this earpiece from base level to max is getting old as well as farming for fp stabilizers only for them to be lost to the void through decon. 

If you have 330 gear right now, you can get a 330 blue from veteran/master flashpoints or a 330 purple from nim (master) operations. Remember, drops are based on your character's item level, so if all your items are 330+, you will always get 330 from any drop. Master mode is guaranteed blue. Veteran is guaranteed blue only for earpiece and relic. Nim operations is guaranteed purple. Then with that one piece you will only have to upgrade 330 -> 336 (3 upgrades total). Then deconstruct it to complete the mission. Yeah, the currency costs will probably be the same or even higher. It could be 200 FP-1s for each upgrade 332, 334, 336, but you'll only have to do it once. Then your main can buy mods and send to all your alts.

12 hours ago, Plactus said:

Will the legendary implants be increasing to match the new item level, or are they staying at 334 for now?

This, and to add a few more questions:

- How about adding relics and earpices to the vendor too? It's pointless to gear up alts now, because you can't give them all the pieces anyhow.  

- 340 mods on vendor when? Or 340 droplings from MM ops? Different classes require different stats. Grinding full sets of everything in R-4 is too much to ask and I'm not ready to bury the classes that need different stats yet. 

At this point I'm out... this is what? The fourth Gear Upgrade/Change in 9 months? 

First you nerf classes over and over again with no reason and than you have to come up with new gear to make them more powerful? 

What do we have now? 4 different gearing path und item level ratings from 312, 318, 320, 322, 324, 326, 328. 330, 332, 334, 336, 338 to 340? All in green, blue & purple. With 5 different currencies to upgrade this *****And on the top of it we have Level 75 Medpacks, Stims & Augments for Level 80 content? 

I think its the better choice to wait until 8.0 (if this ever happens) I'm done with this mess you've created. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ThanderSnB said:

Veteran or master flashpoints for a 330 blue item or nim/master operation for a 330 purple item. Save the item in your bank. After 7.2 is out, upgrade the item to 336. Get the mission from fleet and deconstruct the 336 item to complete the mission and unlock blue or purple mods (depending on the mission you picked up). Now you can gear up your main and alts to 336 with mods, just like before.

We don't know about Legendary Implants. They haven't said if they will be upgradeable. They did say something about new Legendary Implants for some classes. Maybe when they reveal those, they will also talk about new item ratings for all legendaries then.

If you have 330 gear right now, you can get a 330 blue from veteran/master flashpoints or a 330 purple from nim (master) operations. Remember, drops are based on your character's item level, so if all your items are 330+, you will always get 330 from any drop. Master mode is guaranteed blue. Veteran is guaranteed blue only for earpiece and relic. Nim operations is guaranteed purple. Then with that one piece you will only have to upgrade 330 -> 336 (3 upgrades total). Then deconstruct it to complete the mission. Yeah, the currency costs will probably be the same or even higher. It could be 200 FP-1s for each upgrade 332, 334, 336, but you'll only have to do it once. Then your main can buy mods and send to all your alts.

Well so long as I am not starting from a 324 earpiece that is not so bad since I would have to upgrade from 330 to 336 anyway. I've been running vet flashpoints off and on for mats and just had two levels left on one relic to upgrade. I am ready to pull my hair out if I had to do this all over again. I would prefer to work on some alts or do other content for awhile instead of the same old boring thing everyday. FP's are not my idea of fun especially with so much to grind for with alts doing GS3 because I need the tech frags so desperately.

9 hours ago, Darthmoriquendi said:

If we only had to upgrade to 336 to be eligable,  that would not be an issue. But if we have to deconstruct the earpiece again, that is where the problem is. Regrinding this earpiece from base level to max is getting old as well as farming for fp stabilizers only for them to be lost to the void through decon. 

If i understand well, you just have to possess a 330 blue earpiece in your inventory and go see Zeek and from there raise it up to 336 to get the new mods.  So less grinding if you already have worked on your armor.

19 hours ago, Malibbu said:

Sorry i did read but i dont feel i understand totally so i will ask away :

- actually my gear is 330 (with mods from Zeek) and augmented.

Will i have to refarm the armor in flashpoint and then buy again new mods to get the new rating ?

In this process will i lost my augments and mods ?

Thank you

Currently my chars are using 330 mods in 6.0 Augmented "The victor set" and i will continue to use this set for them as it has my augments a i see no reason to change it, 

Id advise you to keep your augments in legacy gear so you dont loose on deconstruction 

its prob not worth augmenting gear while you are levelling up anyway 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TalLura said:

Currently my chars are using 330 mods in 6.0 Augmented "The victor set" and i will continue to use this set for them as it has my augments a i see no reason to change it, 

Id advise you to keep your augments in legacy gear so you dont loose on deconstruction 

its prob not worth augmenting gear while you are levelling up anyway 

Yes i did that too, i put my mods 330 into a legacy gear, that i augmented. (was troubled me at first, was a misundertanding of my own, thinking that i would have to start from base again ... well may be a gran'ma 70 can sometimes be lost on some game changes)

And i am lucky as i have already a lv 330 ear staying in my legacy bank originally for perhaps an alt

Edited by Malibbu

13 hours ago, Xhuuyaa said:

At this point I'm out... this is what? The fourth Gear Upgrade/Change in 9 months? 

First you nerf classes over and over again with no reason and than you have to come up with new gear to make them more powerful? 

What do we have now? 4 different gearing path und item level ratings from 312, 318, 320, 322, 324, 326, 328. 330, 332, 334, 336, 338 to 340? All in green, blue & purple. With 5 different currencies to upgrade this *****And on the top of it we have Level 75 Medpacks, Stims & Augments for Level 80 content? 

I think its the better choice to wait until 8.0 (if this ever happens) I'm done with this mess you've created. 

well  soon to be 312, 318, 320, 322, 324, 326, 328. 330, 332, 334, 336, 338 to 340  as they raising the base ceiling to 322

but i agree its insane, and i thought the grind in 6.0 to 306 was hard enough but it worked and i liked the system better than what we have now

Edited by TalLura
  • Like 1

Am 10.11.2022 um 21:27 schrieb BryantWood:

Increasing the Power Floor

7.2 will be the first time we raise what we call the power floor! As the 7.0 era progresses, we will occasionally raise the base item ratings for Legacy of the Sith content. Here are the changes that will come with increasing the power floor:

• Rewards from the Legacy of the Sith story will be increased to 322 (up from 318)
  • The minimum item rating of gear dropped for level 80 players in non-PvP content will be increased to 324 (up from 320)
  • The minimum item rating of gear obtained for level 80 players in PvP content will be increased to 322 (from 318)
  • The item rating of gear sold by the Conquest Gear Vendors will be increased to 324 (up from 320)
  • The item rating of gear sold by the PvP Gear Vendors will be increased to 322 (up from 316)
  • New Vendors will be added to the Fleet selling Flashpoint and Operations gear at item rating 324 for their respective currencies
  • Gear vendors on the Fleet have been repositioned to make room for the new vendors

Why are we increasing the power floor?
As the Legacy of the Sith expansion continues we will increase the maximum item rating to bring new power to the game, like we did with patch 7.1. For players who are recently joining our community or recently reaching level 80, this increases the amount of effort required to catch up to the community. We want these players to be able to play with you all, so these floor increases are aimed to ensure the effort required doesn’t become too daunting. Power Floor increases will happen less often than Power Ceiling increases.

Increasing the Power Ceiling
With 7.2 we’ll be doing our second power increase, introducing higher item ratings of power to defeat your enemies! Here are the new maximum item ratings players can obtain:
Noble Decurion Gear – 336 (up from 330)
Elite Decurion Gear – 336 (up from 330)
Supreme Decurion Gear – 336 (up from 330)
Tionese Gear – 336 (up from 330)
Columi Gear – 336 (up from 330)
Rakata Gear – 336 (up from 330)
Thyrsian Gear – 332 (up from 328)

Hello!

Why not....

We need have for the Setbonus, for 12/12 with fullgear, don't by 7/7

Noble Decurion Gear has come never setbonus
Elite Decurion Gear has come never setbonus
Supreme Decurion Gear by 12/12 has come 5% setbonus

Tionese Gear by 12/12 has come 10% setbonus
Columi Gear by 12/12 has come 20% setbonus
Rakata Gear by 12/12 has come 30% setbonus

Thyrsian Gear has come never setbonus

For the Setbonus, what the need:
DPS gear= Mastery, Endurance, Accuracy Rating, Critical Rating
Tank gear = Mastery, Endurance, Defense Rating, Shield Rating
Heal gear = Mastery, Endurance, Accuracy RatingAlacrity Rating

That was more mindless!

Edited by Unterlord

On 11/10/2022 at 10:13 PM, Kaoticmijit said:

Why upgrade all the gear when the people who have been progging to get the best gear now have gear that isn’t much better than all the other gear that people with no skills or desire to do anything endgame related get to just waltz around in gear close to people who spend countless hours a week to get the gear? Seems like a waste to raise item levels if you’re going to coddle to people who don’t want to put the work in.

Your first mistake is assuming that nobody "worked" for their gear but endgame players. Do you not realize how long it takes to farm mats for upgrades? Countless hours. Ops gear will still be better so calm down unless you think everyine should be in green decurion except you. Smh.....

On 11/11/2022 at 10:27 PM, DeannaVoyager said:

- How about adding relics and earpices to the vendor too? It's pointless to gear up alts now, because you can't give them all the pieces anyhow. 

what kind of backwards reasoning is this, everything is legacybound, all endgame gear has been since 6.0, you can just send earpieces/implants/relics across to your alts via mail or legacy storage

are people still stuck in the now 4+ year old mindset that those slots are something that has to be separately acquired on every single character?

3 hours ago, Woofii said:

Are they creating a new set of Augments or are 77's still going to be the best?

i don't  think  we know for certain yet , because  i didn't see any specific mention of  'augments'  in the  Dev  OP:  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/925879-gear-and-progression-changes-coming-with-72/  .... nor anything about it within  PTS forums (yet) .

On 11/10/2022 at 12:27 PM, BryantWood said:

. When trying to upgrade gear obtained from another discipline, , our upgrade vendors will not show possible upgrades until you remove the discipline filter by selecting “all”.

Just to further clarify  (for anyone else reading that ^  who got slightly confused and kept trying to right-click  character 'portrait' like i did lol )  , the  'filter'  specifically is on  ZEEK  vendor  ui window , up top  in the middle  dropdown  menu  clicky.  And you have to re-select it  everytime you  re-engage with Zeek vendor. :ph_cheers:

Edited by Nee-Elder

12 hours ago, recalcitrantIre said:

what kind of backwards reasoning is this, everything is legacybound, all endgame gear has been since 6.0, you can just send earpieces/implants/relics across to your alts via mail or legacy storage

are people still stuck in the now 4+ year old mindset that those slots are something that has to be separately acquired on every single character?

You don't know what I do with my characters, so you don't know what my gearing needs are. I understand there are a lot of people who can't think outside of the box and are happy with sharing one set with all their alts. But there are also a lot of people like me who want to make their game play as smooth as possible. Being able to gear up alts is one of those things. I'm sorry your imagination doesn't reach outside of the box, but that doesn't give you an excuse to be a jerk towards the people you don't understand. 

1 hour ago, DeannaVoyager said:

a lot of people like me who want to make their game play as smooth as possible.

so having a consistent gear set to be used across as many alts as possible doesnt somehow contribute to smooth gameplay?

there isnt actually enough gear variation for optimization to be anything other than picking which tertiary stat goes in each equipment slot and from what I've seen of 7.2 already, there will continue to be a lack of gear variation

not even sure why you're bringing up "imagination" in a topic thats about as by-the-numbers as you can get

1 hour ago, recalcitrantIre said:

so having a consistent gear set to be used across as many alts as possible doesnt somehow contribute to smooth gameplay?

there isnt actually enough gear variation for optimization to be anything other than picking which tertiary stat goes in each equipment slot and from what I've seen of 7.2 already, there will continue to be a lack of gear variation

not even sure why you're bringing up "imagination" in a topic thats about as by-the-numbers as you can get

Because you can't think outside of the box yourself, but judge people who can. That's why.  

You don't get why people want to gear up alts, that's fine. I've got no problem with that.  I have a problem with people telling me how I should gear up my characters when they don't have a clue of what I am doing with my them.  

8 hours ago, DeannaVoyager said:

Because you can't think outside of the box yourself, but judge people who can. That's why.  

You don't get why people want to gear up alts, that's fine. I've got no problem with that.  I have a problem with people telling me how I should gear up my characters when they don't have a clue of what I am doing with my them.  

if Bioware wanted to provide obstacles for gearing up alts, they'd return to gear being BoP, which has clearly not been the case for a number of years now

there aren't enough earpieces to provide real variety, all you're doing is picking what tertiary stat the slot has

there aren't enough relics to provide real variety, all you're picking is the stat on the secondary effect

there aren't enough implants to provide real variety, all you're picking is the magnitude of how much extra damage/healing/mitigation you have

all the weird little utility-based sets and tacticals got deprecated with 7.0, there's barely an "outside the box" in 7.x's gearing system, its incredibly simplistic so yes, I don't understand what you're trying to achieve within the parameters that Bioware has defined since they've rendered it down so much

but your previous point about how you can't give your alts earpieces/relics/implants has no basis in reality

12 minutes ago, recalcitrantIre said:

if Bioware wanted to provide obstacles for gearing up alts, they'd return to gear being BoP, which has clearly not been the case for a number of years now

there aren't enough earpieces to provide real variety, all you're doing is picking what tertiary stat the slot has

there aren't enough relics to provide real variety, all you're picking is the stat on the secondary effect

there aren't enough implants to provide real variety, all you're picking is the magnitude of how much extra damage/healing/mitigation you have

all the weird little utility-based sets and tacticals got deprecated with 7.0, there's barely an "outside the box" in 7.x's gearing system, its incredibly simplistic so yes, I don't understand what you're trying to achieve within the parameters that Bioware has defined since they've rendered it down so much

Those ^ are all fair assessments  and that's basically  BioWare's  master plan with  'pruning' mandate.

And of course the sad irony (and frankly the perpetual bait&switch)  is how, as the game as aged 10+ years,  each recent update has offered up more  supposed "rewards"  (shinies & re-skin$)  while reducing or eradicating the actual  deep rewards of:  diversity of sets & stats and variety of hybrid specs.

But those apparently became challenging to code and maintain mythical "balance", so i've just pretty much accepted it now and instead decided to fight for GSF pve development , while  i try to have as much FUN in-game as possible.

At least until  SWG-2 comes out. :cool:

1 hour ago, recalcitrantIre said:

but your previous point about how you can't give your alts earpieces/relics/implants has no basis in reality

How many games do you know where

a) the Devs encouraged players for many years to make alts to keep them busy (because of the lack of new content ) and 

b) than come up with a gearing system that makes it near impossible to gear every alt

the SWTOR solution to make just one or two sets and than transfer  those between alts is... playable. But I would prefer a game/system I simply can login and just play, instead of checking (and searching) gear everytime. 

• Like 1

Just wanted to thank the Developers for increasing the stat floor where it gives the opportunity for solo players to get better gear as well with the ability to exchange tech frags for various things.

As a player that's largely solo, not by choice, but by circumstances I'm working to change, I've identified with a greater part of the SWTOR community that are also navigating similar RL situations that prevent us from doing a lot of group content. By increasing the floor level, you enable all of us to get the gear we need to navigate an increasing ceiling so that we aren't inherently too far behind the players who do regular group content. Imo this isn't a punishment to end-game content players because it doesn't actually take away the effort they put in. The solo players get decreased rewards compared to the group content which means we have to put more time in anyways despite making more currency conversions available. End-game players are able to gear faster regardless. 

What it allows is for people like myself that subscribe periodically even while solo, to build gear that's suitable for SM and VM level group content or PvP content, so that we are less of a liability to team / op members in group content. I feel like there's a huge misconception that we don't want to do the work or we always want to be solo, when it's just that our life situations (a variety of reasons) temporarily make group content largely impractical for us as well as the community. So we avoid group content because we know it's not practical for the players that don't have our same limitations and we don't like being burdens or causing problems. By enabling us to acquire minimum group content gear for SM & VM (not including MM, as I view that's largely under the purview of progressive raiders), we can have the option of being responsible and gearing when we can and thus reduce the number of people that are inherently under prepared. 

So a big thanks to the Devs. I appreciate the chance to use what grinding I do to acquire gear that will better enable me to do group content when my situation changes, without having to impact the people I'm playing with as much.

Edited by cacophonycat
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Xhuuyaa said:

a) the Devs encouraged players for many years to make alts to keep them busy (because of the lack of new content ) and 

b) than come up with a gearing system that makes it near impossible to gear every alt

i agree with you  'a'  point , but your  'b'  point is  an exagerration and  factually incorrect , since with  'Hyde & Zeek'  is  VERY  possible ( almost easy tbqh ) to gear up  as many ALTs as you want. (using mods + shells method )

• Like 1

7 hours ago, recalcitrantIre said:

Yep, you just don't get it, it's obvious. 🤦‍♂️

What always puzzles me is why people keep arguing on subjects they don't fully comprehend. You don't know my gearing needs so you don't get to tell me how I should gear. I'm also not interested in your lecture about stats, I know what I want, unlike you. You don't have a clue what kind of gear I want for my alts and why, so stop pretending you do.  

6 hours ago, Xhuuyaa said:

the SWTOR solution to make just one or two sets and than transfer  those between alts is... playable. But I would prefer a game/system I simply can login and just play, instead of checking (and searching) gear everytime. 

Pretty much this, apart from few classes with different stats.