Galactic Seasons 3 and 7.1.1 a joke

BallisticKaine

So not only did 7.1.1 not drop with GS3 but when it did they announced then about the lower CC that you would get throughout the season, but FAILED to mention that to unlock the GS3 items now cost way more then 2 previous seasons. The companion to  unlock for legacy now cost 150CC compared to the 10CC in previous. The mounts are now 60CC compared to the previous 10CC. So they remove the CC throughout the season down to 2000CC but increase the unlock cost for the season items. WHAT A JOKE BIOFAIL! Year of Celebration for the 10 year anniversary is more like a slap in the face of your long time player base. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, juliushorst said:

Well, if they want to make more money they can make the game fun to play again but it goes against 7.0 philosophy.

So we get nerfs to both classes and the season.

and where does that help them out. i doubt it will make them money as they wanted to this time around. so far they treated the Anniversary like it was a complete joke. they arent listening to the player base as they say they are. only putting in what they think the players want , or need for the game content which btw. they been seriously lacking sence 7.0 forward. they may dont have a big team anymore to work on things on swtor like the old days. 

4 hours ago, TrueJediLord said:

or need for the game content which btw. they been seriously lacking sence 7.0 forward. they may dont have a big team anymore to work on things on swtor like the old days. 

I can forgive lack of new meaningful content as long as they don't try to make the existing part of the game worse than it was before.

• Like 1

I can get behind the reduced CCs given throughout the season. Kinda suck but it's still free CCs. Pretty bad that they cut half of the CCs that could be earned. (Is this why they drop the season literally 3 days before its release? Because they knew there will be people pissed by the reduced CCs given? Didn't remember it being noticed/mentioned before).

Don't like the raised collection unlock fees. We grind the GS to get the prize, unlock them account-wise should be charged only a token fees: 10CC as before if not free.

Edited by eabevella
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BallisticKaine said:

So not only did 7.1.1 not drop with GS3 but when it did they announced then about the lower CC that you would get throughout the season, but FAILED to mention that to unlock the GS3 items now cost way more then 2 previous seasons. The companion to  unlock for legacy now cost 150CC compared to the 10CC in previous. The mounts are now 60CC compared to the previous 10CC. So they remove the CC throughout the season down to 2000CC but increase the unlock cost for the season items. WHAT A JOKE BIOFAIL! Year of Celebration for the 10 year anniversary is more like a slap in the face of your long time player base. 

I haven't checked the details on GS3 yet, so thanks for doing it. I guess it's both good and bad news: good news is, I can skip GS3 now. I'm maxxed on those tokens anyhow and vendors have nothing worth buying anymore. Cartel coins are always nice, but I haven't even used the ones I earned on GS2 yet so I really don'tt need them either.

14 hours ago, BallisticKaine said:

7.x has been a giant middle finger to the player base from the very beginning. From the lack of content, to the "Us four and no more" gearing system, to the increase in the unlock cost of GS3 items, it has become increasingly clear that EAware cares nothing for the fan base. This has become typical of the powers that be, from Hollyweird to the Gaming world, "F the fans, just shut up and devour the content like the good little schlebs that you are."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, NeoBlakkrstal said:

it has become increasingly clear that EAware cares nothing for the fan base.

This has become typical of the powers that be, from Hollyweird to the Gaming world, "F the fans, just shut up and devour the content like the good little schlebs that you are."

Somewhat of a separate topic (larger issue)  but let's presume your thesis is true:  In that case, who's really to blame then?  The slop-serving corporations or the slop-eating  consumer$ ?   Or , as the late great Obi-Wan once said: "Who is the more foolish: the fool or the fool who follows them?"  :csw_speeder:

When it comes to EA btw , i don't necessarily disagree with you.  And, frankly, when it comes to SWTOR here i'm a 10+ year $ubscriber who constructively criticizes BioWare to DO BETTER, yet remains a login StarWars-super-fan each & everyday....so i'm as guilty as anyone.  (heck just see my forum sig lol )

But unless SWG-2  is coming out anytime soon, we sort of just stuck here umm devouring. :cool:

Edited by Nee-Elder
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, BallisticKaine said:

Well, the unlocks may cost more than they did last season, but they are still in line with other 'normal' unlocks for CM items. 

1 hour ago, Nee-Elder said:

Somewhat of a separate topic (larger issue)  but let's presume your thesis is true:  In that case, who's really to blame then?  The slop-serving corporations or the slop-eating  consumer$ ?   Or , as the late great Obi-Wan once said: "Who is the more foolish: the fool or the fool who follows them?"  :csw_speeder:

When it comes to EA btw , i don't necessarily disagree with you.  And, frankly, when it comes to SWTOR here i'm a 10+ year $ubscriber who constructively criticizes BioWare to DO BETTER, yet remains a login StarWars-super-fan each & everyday....so i'm as guilty as anyone.  (heck just see my forum sig lol )

But unless SWG-2  is coming out anytime soon, we sort of just stuck here umm devouring. :cool:

We may not agree on every point ...  But for the most part:  Nailed it!!

I had no idea that the 10th year would turn out to be such a downer!!  Wow!  What a bummer!! 

Oh well ...  add one more to the long (but distinguished) list of disappointments this year!

Looks like I need to get back to grinding out gear for my alts!  ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  🥱

• Like 3

On 10/21/2022 at 10:29 AM, Nee-Elder said:

Unfortunately, you speak the truth. I too am a schleb. In fact, just bought another six month game pass. LOL! GUILTY!!!

• Like 1

My problem with GS3 is. Totally FINE.. they reduced the CC to HALF literaly while replacing it with the pretty useless "anniversary" bs like they try to claim as excuse

But to increase the CC unlocks to x15 (10 vs 150) more what they cost past 2 seasons AND Reduce the CC rewards to HALF. Just brutal and stingy. Its like a slap to the face of dedicated players of Swtor who keeps showing support as subscribers. There was no need to both reduce the CC to half and increase the unlocks by ten fold at the same time.

But hey I guess they have gotten the "player feedback" from last season and "adjusted".

38 minutes ago, NeoBlakkrstal said:

Unfortunately, you speak the truth. I too am a schleb. In fact, just bought another six month game pass. LOL! GUILTY!!!

I re-upped and will be here until March (at least).  Oh heck ... who am I kidding!  I'll probably be here until someone turns the lights out! :csw_falcon:

3 minutes ago, OlBuzzard said:

I re-upped and will be here until March (at least).  Oh heck ... who am I kidding!  I'll probably be here until someone turns the lights out! :csw_falcon:

Me too.  My gaming friends have been banging on me to get back into Overwatch now that 2 has been released.  Meh....I have invested too much time into SWTOR and, regardless of 7.X, I still enjoy it.  

On 10/28/2022 at 12:51 PM, Chryptyk said:

I'd like to for some decision makers to be fired and some people put in place that will have the staff fix the game so it is enjoyable by the vast majority of the few subscribers they have left, instead of only being enjoyable by a small group of players, and change the game so that more people will come back and to the game, but we know that's not gonna happen.  So let's just keep slowly watching the death of the game.

Um they have plenty of subscribers or the game would be dead. It isn't. And it's not dying either.

19 hours ago, lukeisjedi said:

they have plenty of subscribers or the game would be dead. It isn't. And it's not dying either.

SWTOR  survives  off the  Free-to-Payers  and Cartel Market  crate$ + re-skin$  x infinity.   Longtime subscribers like me are barely a *blip* on their  financial radar.

Also, obviously the game isn't  "dead" , but any rational human has noticed a slow death/decline  since around 2015-2016 (after KOTFE/KOTET  investment  supposedly "failed" ) .  Remember we went from  i believe around 24 servers at launch, down to 12 , then now 5.  So clearly that = lower populations. (simple Math)

If  the game lasts beyond 2023 , i'll be pleasantly surprised, since it's still very fun to play.

But that's also always been my main gripe: It could be so much better  than more gear-grinds & hamster-wheels.  GSF PVE missions anyone? :cool:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: STAR WARS brand deserves better imo. That's all.

vor 59 Minuten schrieb Chryptyk:

The majority of players are not raiders.

I would love to raid in swtor if not for the general performance of the game in raids being so bad with micro stutters etc.

My, swtor has been on the market since 2011 and my computer has a strong cpu and a rtx 3080 installed and enough memory.

There is probably something going terribly wrong.