What happened to this game?!?! Gear is a NIGHTMARE!

damonskye

Also Skill does not equal ABILITY! I am capable of understanding rotations and all the other ways of "getting good" the problem is my physical ability to do it. However, when 306 was max and I had 306 gear, mobs died faster meaning I didn't tire out meaning I could play MORE longer. See gear does help.

WOW !!

Are we really playing the same game when it was in the beginning?? NOPE I remember quite vividly going to Carrick Station and buying gear that wasn't available "on the field".

cheap

standard[/color]

premium

prototype

artifact

Custom

Rarely did we get prototype drops on the field. AND if we could scrape up enough credits we went to the station to purchase them: artifact.

Then we got to try mods: Custom

It became obvious that if I wanted to have enough credits to get artifact it would take some "earning" credits to get there. So I did. The game was a lot more fun. Well it was until someone got the bright idea that we needed to do away with credits buying good gear. Sooo that went away. And the next system was total trash!!

(hmmmm .. this sounds very familiar.)

Someone found out that from the early release that GSF (if it was call that back then) .. could be a lot of fun for a solo player and could even grind the heck out of it and make other end roads to stuff. Soooo that changed too! Now it's something else altogether different than what it was in the beginning.

The fear of someone else getting gear without "paying the price" (Whatever the name of common sense that means ... depending upon WHO is posting) has been a sore subject since the start of this game.

The TEAM is not an association of idiots. They know what they are doing. No I don't always agree with it. They will either make this part of the game enjoyable or they will continue to ...

Oh well!! Who am I kidding. Unless I make statements that support the elitists (and make no mistake there are some in here) ... OR I support someone who wants to sit still and still get BiS.. I'm going to catch a lot of CRAP !!!

(BTW... both positions are wrong).

There are a few things that the current system is just messed up on.

** Time spent for drops and rewards on FP's ( really needs some work). Meaning that the rewards for longer tougher FP's should reflect the opportunity to at least earn better gear. It's just that simple. Right now FP's really just cut it time / reward wise.

** Wasted resources (such as Tech Fragments) that could be better used in the acquisition of gear.

** Don't hide stuff. No need for that! Players that run tougher raids (and FP's) should get more stuff to purchase whatever they want! But don't totally hide the gear where others can't even see it! The way I see it ... time wise would (and should) take me 3 times as long to get higher gear. WHY?? Because of the choice I make to NOT run the "group" options. That is my choice ... so that's on me!

I just ran a couple FP's tonight (had 322 in every slot) . I need to get out the 322 and mover forward to 324 and on upward. So what did I get ... ZIPO !! Nothing! (Nothing useful) .. Not even 320 drops ... Nothing! Soooo I guess I'll go back to grinding the same old stuff until I get what I THINK works for ME. (And not what works for someone else). I take that back... I did get a sniper rifle that none of my toons use !! [/shrugs] ... HEY ! It happens. That's part of the game in just about any MMO out there !

OH!! Once you get the ball rolling and have one character with 322 (JUST for example) ... You can collect more 322 stuff for your alts (AS LONG AS they use the same gear that reflects the same stats). So that part is good! Problem is ... it's painfully slow to just get to 326 (or higher). Which I would imagine is the thrust of exactly how 7.0 and beyond is designed. AND we are constantly being reminded of how close to the "caps" we are (especially Tech Fragments). IMO those could be converted into something al LOT more useful (even gear or something) ...

Bottom line:

** Things have changed since the beginning .. and not always for the best. A couple thing come to mind right up front.

** I personally do not want or expect a complete reversal to 6.0 (It's just not going to happen). All we need are a few "tweaks" to the current system. I can live with that easily.

** Time to move forward. If I have what I believe to be gear that works for me why in the name of common sense should someone else be so blasted offended?? That's just plain ridiculous.

And for the record ... nobody is whining. Seems like that is the favorite battle cry every time someone post something unwanted.

Good grief ... get over it!!

IN the end the team is going to run things the way they want to! If it works .. then that's super. If not.. so what?? I have plenty to do (even if I am retired).

(thinks to self)

Now then ... do I really want to post this or not??? YOU KNOW what's going to happen. AND you KNOW who is really going to ignore it most of all !! It is really worth the effort????

(edited ... sorry about that!)

Edited by OlBuzzard

There you go attacking my "skill" again. Typical. I'm not jealous. I understand why NiM raiders should get the best gear... I just don't get why people like you care if casuals do as well. It has absolutely zero effect on you.... yet you want to gatekeep. If you can give me ONE reason it hurts YOUR gameplay I would gladly shut up and go away. But you can't ... you are so worried about other people getting the same thing you have because of some weird sense of entitlement because you do the hardest stuff.

He is attacking everyone who complains about the gear in the fear that devs decide to change the accessibility. When they attack enough people in here, those people will give up and devs will think everything is okay. He needs the 340 gear to feel better about himself. If more people would have access he wouldn't be so "special" anymore. He needs to put other people down to feel powerful himself. That's a typical schoolyard bully in action.

As a part of the toxic nim elitists he also needs to defend their chance to do gearing sale runs. If gear is more accessible, they'd have less people buying full 340 sets from them. Soon we will see a lot story mode players running around in 340 gear, because they bought the run from these elitists. Progression raiders won't buy runs, unless they want a reputation as "buyer", but they are the people who would actually NEED it.

As it is now the gearing system supports the toxic elitists who also use it as an opportunity to attack everyone who disagrees with them. It also supports the people who are willing to pay for the gear. Casuals who don't have money to buy sale runs don't even have a chance the grind it in any other way, and progression raiders are also left without it because R-4 is tuned for the toxic elitist level of players.

Edited by DeannaVoyager

To be honest we all got that by now - you're the legendary player, absolutely world class, rows of people faint as soon as you enter the fleet, bla bla bla.

All your tips are completely useless for most casual players. Maybe they will read a guide for a few minutes to get a roatation, but thats it. The majority won't use keybinds, the majority won't practice on the puppet for weeks, etc.

And why? Because thats WORK, but they want to PLAY and have fun. For the majority it's not fun to wipe for weeks on one boss in a hardmode operation.

SWTOR does not have the amount of raiding players to restrict gearing only to them. Not anymore in 2022 when casuals could just easily switch to another game without that nonsense.

The argument "casuals don't need the gear" is nonsense: If you are able to clear bosses in the new operation with 330 gear, then raiders don't need the new gear either. So just eliminate the 340 gear or give it to casuals too.

Oh, and before I forget: If you are unable to complete R-4 with 330 gear I can give you your own advice: Read guides, use keybinds, work on your character - that brings so much more than new gear (340), just use the 330 and do your homework.

Yes, exactly this - oh wait. I have done R-4 in 330 and when I said raiders NEED 330 I gave the specific example of when there is nothing you can do, but have 330 gear + gold augs + shield probe + tank adrenal or you are dead on op healer in nahut fight in 7.0.

Raiders don't need 340, you are right. Obviously it's not about needing gear, but then it depends if you want gear enoigh to get it. Everybody is able to get to 340, because we all pay the same sub. Nobody, nobody here complained about PvP gear, it's always the toxic raiders nevermind the toxic raiders did PvP for their gear, not OPs. We didn't complain about that? We didn't complain about casuals being 306 too? Everybody raided in 326, getting the rakata stuff was basically free upgrades at this point, why not do it then? Same for R-4 330 is enough but the gear just happens to be an upgrade, why not take it.

Raiding rewarding better gear than solo player content is 1. Emersion, 2. A very old concept and 3. You could do it too, you just don't want to. We all pay the same sub afterall.

Also Skill does not equal ABILITY! I am capable of understanding rotations and all the other ways of "getting good" the problem is my physical ability to do it. However, when 306 was max and I had 306 gear, mobs died faster meaning I didn't tire out meaning I could play MORE longer. See gear does help.

NO! It was the VE stacks that helped you (tied to gear I know), not the gear itself. VE stacks was a 30% damage boost, completely broke raiding and we did complain about that and it got, rightfully so, removed.

He is attacking everyone who complains about the gear in the fear that devs decide to change the accessibility. When they attack enough people in here, those people will give up and devs will think everything is okay. He needs the 340 gear to feel better about himself. If more people would have access he wouldn't be so "special" anymore. He needs to put other people down to feel powerful himself. That's a typical schoolyard bully in action.

As a part of the toxic nim elitists he also needs to defend their chance to do gearing sale runs. If gear is more accessible, they'd have less people buying full 340 sets from them. Soon we will see a lot story mode players running around in 340 gear, because they bought the run from these elitists. Progression raiders won't buy runs, unless they want a reputation as "buyer", but they are the people who would actually NEED it.

As it is now the gearing system supports the toxic elitists who also use it as an opportunity to attack everyone who disagrees with them. It also supports the people who are willing to pay for the gear. Casuals who don't have money to buy sale runs don't even have a chance the grind it in any other way, and progression raiders are also left without it because R-4 is tuned for the toxic elitist level of players.

Uhm, why would I fear them changing the accessabilty? I will always be able to get the best gear. Do I need it? No, but I want it and I am willing to do any form of content that gets me there asap

Edited by ZUHFB

There you go attacking my "skill" again. Typical. I'm not jealous. I understand why NiM raiders should get the best gear... I just don't get why people like you care if casuals do as well. It has absolutely zero effect on you.... yet you want to gatekeep. If you can give me ONE reason it hurts YOUR gameplay I would gladly shut up and go away. But you can't ... you are so worried about other people getting the same thing you have because of some weird sense of entitlement because you do the hardest stuff.

It doesn't and I don't care, neither did I in 6.0

I am just defending a working gear system, is it complicated and has too many mats? Yes. But at the very core the system is very good and if you un-complex it people would maybe understand it, from what I've read people don't even know how to gear.

Am I toxic? Sometimes, am I elitist? Yes. So I am not allowed to defend my opinions and friends? Look, thus thread isn't going to go anywhere, so at the end of the day you are left with: get the gear | don't get the gear.

Do it, or don't, your call. But stop whining about bioware stopping gear donations, gear isn't what you are supposed to have maxxed to start content, it is what you max out during content. Heroics and story aren't content. They are important and nice to have but not on the same level as raids, raids are endgame story is not, and thats just all there is to it.

You do care. Quite a bit it seems. If it really doesn't bother you ... leave the thread.

I care about people spreading false information. The gearing system works quite well if you know how to navigate it properly. The game just does a poor job at explaining how to gear, which is bad. But the core system is very good which is what this thread is about. But as always it's filled with angry people who are madge they don't get their gear donations any more.

I care about people spreading false information. The gearing system works quite well if you know how to navigate it properly. The game just does a poor job at explaining how to gear, which is bad. But the core system is very good which is what this thread is about. But as always it's filled with angry people who are madge they don't get their gear donations any more.

ok. thank you for your interest in this thread.

NO! It was the VE stacks that helped you (tied to gear I know), not the gear itself. VE stacks was a 30% damage boost, completely broke raiding and we did complain about that and it got, rightfully so, removed.

WOW, how did I offend you? Listen you're a raider that's great, but why is it evil if a feature of the game helped me play more comfortably? What the heck does VE stand for anyway?

It doesn't and I don't care, neither did I in 6.0

I am just defending a working gear system, is it complicated and has too many mats? Yes. But at the very core the system is very good and if you un-complex it people would maybe understand it, from what I've read people don't even know how to gear.

Am I toxic? Sometimes, am I elitist? Yes. So I am not allowed to defend my opinions and friends? Look, thus thread isn't going to go anywhere, so at the end of the day you are left with: get the gear | don't get the gear.

Do it, or don't, your call. But stop whining about bioware stopping gear donations, gear isn't what you are supposed to have maxxed to start content, it is what you max out during content. Heroics and story aren't content. They are important and nice to have but not on the same level as raids, raids are endgame story is not, and thats just all there is to it.

You are not defending the gearing system. You are attacking everyone who disagrees with you.

WOW, how did I offend you? Listen you're a raider that's great, but why is it evil if a feature of the game helped me play more comfortably? What the heck does VE stand for anyway?

veterans edge stacks, let's say no revan HM there is an enrage mechanic which eventually stacks to -100% max hp which obviously kills you.

Now introduce VE stacks - the -100% max HP mechanic doesn't work cuz you survive ONLY on veteran edge stacks (they give endurance, mastery and power). Veteran Edge was so broken overpowered that even -100% max HP couldn't kill you. If you are a casual it is likely that those stacks doubled your damage, it was too strong and it got removed. This is also why 306 was essential to get invited into any HM raid, missing those stacks was an unacceptable damage loss.

The removal of that is what makes content feel sluggish. Gear had never anything to do with it. Veteran Edge stacks made you a god.

The best solution I have is ignore those that are "baiting" you and just post your post and ignore those that seem to want to argue with you. It will save you a lot of headaches and if the person doesn't have someone to argue with, they may realize nothing they say will change your views/opinions.

The removal of that is what makes content feel sluggish. Gear had never anything to do with it. Veteran Edge stacks made you a god.

Thank you for explaining, but I don't think content 'feels' sluggish. It IS sluggish now, even more so with the lag. That's a problem for me. I miss it. No, it doesn't make me a bad person attacking Raiders, it just worked for me.

veterans edge stacks, let's say no revan HM there is an enrage mechanic which eventually stacks to -100% max hp which obviously kills you.

Now introduce VE stacks - the -100% max HP mechanic doesn't work cuz you survive ONLY on veteran edge stacks (they give endurance, mastery and power). Veteran Edge was so broken overpowered that even -100% max HP couldn't kill you. If you are a casual it is likely that those stacks doubled your damage, it was too strong and it got removed. This is also why 306 was essential to get invited into any HM raid, missing those stacks was an unacceptable damage loss.

Veteran's Edge gave a 1% bonus per stack to all of your statistics and was really only useful in level 70 and above content (which included almost all non-heroic grouped content). With the way level synch worked in 6.0, VE was totally useless in most other content since Level Synch was a hard stat cap (you were brushing up against it already with the leveling gear you picked up from the story). Come 7.0, where they changed the way Level Synch works (to a % reduction in the stat), that bonus would have made end gamers (and end game gear) even more powerful than they already were in 6.0. That was why it had to go away, they were already overpowering the content and increasing difficulty would have made it impossible to have "story " level (sub optimally geared) versions of the new group content.

But at the very core the system is very good and if you un-complex it people would maybe understand it, from what I've read people don't even know how to gear..

Substitute "is very good" (objective fact) with "I like it" (opinion) and we'll be closer to some mutual understanding. You like it, I don't.

Do it, or don't, your call. But stop whining about bioware stopping gear donations, gear isn't what you are supposed to have maxxed to start content, it is what you max out during content.

Why should we stop complaining? BW changed the game in a way that makes it less enjoyable for me and some others (in my case it's more about scaling and conquest than actual gearing). We have every right to complain.

Heroics and story aren't content. They are important and nice to have but not on the same level as raids, raids are endgame story is not, and thats just all there is to it.

I feel the same about raids: nice to have but if they never released another one it wouldn't be a big deal for me.

OK, then scale your raids to max level and leave my stacks in my open world.

Edited by juliushorst

Oooh yes please. I think people who want hard finger breaking content should have that option but I think people who want a casual relaxing time should have that too.:)

They are scaled, this is why you didn't get as much new story too. The devs spend time rebalancing ops, fps etc. to level 80. It was quite literally the biggest change in 7.0 and somehow you didn't even know. They did do a good job for all but two operations too!

They tried rebalancing OPs before, it was horrible. It was on some weird PTS and only EC was available for testing, they forgot to scale up the shield HP on 2nd boss and the volley just oneshot the shield and then the raid. The reason you are disappointed in 7.0 is because they spend their time fixing those things instead of making more or everything. That is also why I don't get why solo players that do not do PvP or PvE and only heroics and conquest are still subbed quite honestly.

I am also not arguing I am just pointing out that some of the criticism is just simply wrong, you do not have to start from 0 if you go from conquest to PvP gear for example.

They are scaled, this is why you didn't get as much new story too. The devs spend time rebalancing ops, fps etc. to level 80. It was quite literally the biggest change in 7.0 and somehow you didn't even know.

I know, I just care very little about this. I care about what they did with open world content scaling and I find it absolutely awful.

That is also why I don't get why solo players that do not do PvP or PvE and only heroics and conquest are still subbed quite honestly.

Out of habit and in hope that the devs will recognize that their "vision" is a road to nowhere. Mod vendors give some hope for this.

I am also not arguing I am just pointing out that some of the criticism is just simply wrong, you do not have to start from 0 if you go from conquest to PvP gear for example.

From 330 to 328 with higher repair costs? :) No, thanks.

They are scaled, this is why you didn't get as much new story too. The devs spend time rebalancing ops, fps etc. to level 80. It was quite literally the biggest change in 7.0 and somehow you didn't even know. They did do a good job for all but two operations too!

They tried rebalancing OPs before, it was horrible. It was on some weird PTS and only EC was available for testing, they forgot to scale up the shield HP on 2nd boss and the volley just oneshot the shield and then the raid. The reason you are disappointed in 7.0 is because they spend their time fixing those things instead of making more or everything. That is also why I don't get why solo players that do not do PvP or PvE and only heroics and conquest are still subbed quite honestly.

Well, bigger quesiton is how big portion of time it took to rebalance around the pruning. They raise the cap multiple times and it wasn't an issue - be it 4.0 or 5.0

• 11 months later...
On 8/4/2022 at 6:18 PM, WoRei said:

Gearing in 6.0 had some minor flaws (why so many different mods?), but at least it was possible for everyone to get gear.

Gearing in 7.1 is restricted to elite raiders. Just so they can pose on the fleet how great they are and all these noobs didn't deserve this gear anyway with their inability. I thought MMORPGS were over this nonsense by now, but then came star retro wars 7.1

We all know those "elite" raiders are actually really pathetic irl. So they need something to make themselves feel better. That's why they are so opposed to letting everyone have good gear

• Like 1