What happened to this game?!?! Gear is a NIGHTMARE!

damonskye

5 hours ago, aaronmsh said:

We all know those "elite" raiders are actually really pathetic irl. So they need something to make themselves feel better. That's why they are so opposed to letting everyone have good gear

Let's not make sweeping generalizations now. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, aaronmsh said:

We all know those "elite" raiders are actually really pathetic irl. So they need something to make themselves feel better. That's why they are so opposed to letting everyone have good gear

This post would have a lot more credibility and resonate more powerfully if you didn't necro a thread from a year ago. A thread I might add that practically coincided with the release of 7.1, which introduced Hyde and Seek -- thereby allowing Non-R4 Anomaly players to pretty easily advance to Blue ILvl 336 Flashpoint gear.

It also completely ignores the changes in 7.2 and 7.3 which now make it even easier to obtain that ILvl 336 gear. Now that you can buy Flashpoint Stabilizers with Conquest Commendations, you don't even need to step one foot in a Veteran Flashpoint.

I completely agree that 7.0 gearing (along with bugs) was such a disaster that I even suspended my account for several months until 7.1 was released (coinciding with some other important game design and personnel changes). The yawning chasm between gear in Bioware's silly attempt to get people to play only R4 in the original 7.0 release was enough to make me take a break.

But if you're going to make sweeping generalizations about raiders being pathetic, you should at least make certain you're not criticizing a gearing system that is no longer applicable and hasn't been for a year.

I have many criticisms of SWTOR, but the current gearing system is not one of them.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast
Stupid Typos!
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1