Would you pay for an expansion ?

Kazuone

Hello.

As many of you, i'm very disapointed of 7.0.

What if next expansions cost you something like 20-30€/$. Would you pay for it if content is massive and real ?

I think free expansion (or sub included) is not a good way for future major content.

My point is, why others mmo players pay for expansion and have massive content and we don't ?

Don't you think that we, players, always want more and more free stuff/content, no more limitation and somehow that's killing games ?

Hello.

What if next expansions cost you something like 20-30€/$. Would you pay for it if content is massive and real ?

I think free expansion (or sub included) is not a good way for future major content.

My point is, why others mmo players pay for expansion and have massive content and we don't ?

Don't you think that we, players, always want more and more free stuff/content, no more limitation and somehow that's killing games ?

No I wouldn't, not anymore. I've been paying subscription for years for zero new content. Had they not broken the game patch by patch with game breaking bugs and horrible UI changes, completely ruined parts of the games (such as crafing and conquest) I might. But in the current state of the game: absolutely not. They're only getting my sub money because I want to raid with my friends but that's it.

I'm not even buying cartel coins anymore. I quit doing that when they decided to pester us with the useless advertisement pop-up on every reset. Subscribers shouldn't have to deal with forced advertisement pop-ups, especially since I have to 1) close it 2) fix my UI because it doesn't stay where I put it. It's nothing but an annoyance nobody asked for and the thought of paying more than the mandatory sub just makes me cringe.

Also regarding new story content. I did enjoy it for a long time, but with kotet/kotfe it was dosed in such a small dribbles I lost interest. It stopped being fun running same thing over and over again with different classes and characters.

Hello.

I paid for the last one and it still hasn't been released, so hell no.

Absolutely. I've done in the the past and will do in the future, in quite a few games. I'm always willing to pay for a quality content. I think it's only fair.

Would I do it in SWTOR? Not anytime soon. First, the new content would have to convice me to even renew my sub (which ends today, first time in many years). Paying even more than that? There would have to happen a servious revamp and current team is neither willing nor (most likely) capable of accomplishing that.

From this dev team? No.

when I have to pay for an expansion and a subscription, no.

One issue is you are splitting your game population by expansions and asking them to pay subscriptions.

Edited by illgot

Hello.

If it were a genuine XP... yes.

By that I mean such as the beginning of KotFE .. or in the case of WoW ... such as BC or WotLK or Cataclysm. That is how I define (or use for examples) a real expansion.

Right now, what we are seeing in SWTOR is more like just another "paragraph" in the story... or (at best) a brief chapter of an expanding story ... but definitely NOT an expansion.

AND IF (said expansion) were to be released ... with a lot less BUGS ... otherwise what's the point.

Without sounding like I'm riding someone's case that hard. Right now, we really do need some sort of positive reinforcement that this game is (at the very least) on the mend. It is unquestionably hurting. Regardless of why (or who is leaving or already left)... the game needs a good "shot in the arm" so to speak.

I personally only actively play one on-line game at a time ( I have my own personal reasons and don't expect that too many would follow that reasoning). I would prefer to stay here. I do have two other options at my disposal with previously well established characters (though not currently being used). That decision, however, can possibly change.

There is a great deal of potential for this game. With the right support from EA and with the proper motivation IMO this game unquestionably could be one of the best out there!

From this dev team? No.

This. Before 7.0 I would absolutely have, within reason. Now, I am almost ashamed to pay for my sub as it is. I would, however, pay to go back to 6.0.

Never would I have imagined they would screw up an 'expansion' this bad. They have taken away so much that I am still thinking of unsubbing at least once a week. But Ive been so loyal to this game. I really thought I would be here till the end...

Edited by Gokkus

This. Before 7.0 I would absolutely have, within reason. Now, I am almost ashamed to pay for my sub as it is. I would, however, pay to go back to 6.0.

Never would I have imagined they would screw up an 'expansion' this bad. They have taken away so much that I am still thinking of unsubbing at least once a week. But Ive been so loyal to this game. I really thought I would be here till the end...

Exactly how I feel dude. I would’ve paid for my sub + a new expansion before 7.0, but now things are just so terrible I don’t plan to keep paying them if they aren’t giving me a product worth the money. About 40ish days left on my sub so that’s about how long they have to prove to me they can fix things. I would definitely stay subbed if they went back to 6.3/ 6.x whatever, but that’s almost certainly not happening.

Exactly how I feel dude. I would’ve paid for my sub + a new expansion before 7.0, but now things are just so terrible I don’t plan to keep paying them if they aren’t giving me a product worth the money. About 40ish days left on my sub so that’s about how long they have to prove to me they can fix things. I would definitely stay subbed if they went back to 6.3/ 6.x whatever, but that’s almost certainly not happening.

If they wanted to roll back to 6x or whatever, they would have done it by now. Which brings up another point, everyone knows BW's history and track record, yet are surprised when they do the same thing. Like not listening to the players. Why are you surprised by this? Plus, one more thing, if you're no longer entertained or the game feels like it's going in the direction you don't like, why are you still here? Why are you playing a game you vehemently hate and know the people behind it don't care about you and know they won't admit when they are wrong?

Hi.

Yes i would pay if it :

- would have more than 30 minutes of new content

- the story will have something for everyone in it ( for example, as a BH, i couldn't care less about Darth M, padawan S.K. and some Force artifact..)

- there will be a connection to our past and NPCs we have met before and are nowhere listed as dead ( Overseer Loun, Juda, Padawan Fia, Master Khalisa Jenso and so on)

- no more Emperor V, Darth R and other people who refuse to stay dead! :D

- a better gearing system or a return to 6.0 gearing system

Yes, yes, i know, i'm asking for way too much, but it is not impossible, is it?

Hi.

Yes i would pay if it :

- would have more than 30 minutes of new content

- the story will have something for everyone in it ( for example, as a BH, i couldn't care less about Darth M, padawan S.K. and some Force artifact..)

- there will be a connection to our past and NPCs we have met before and are nowhere listed as dead ( Overseer Loun, Juda, Padawan Fia, Master Khalisa Jenso and so on)

- no more Emperor V, Darth R and other people who refuse to stay dead! :D

- a better gearing system or a return to 6.0 gearing system

Yes, yes, i know, i'm asking for way too much, but it is not impossible, is it?

Respectfully asking for more interactive time (some of which could be repeatable) with companions.

... truthfully I think there is a grocery list of favorite items many of us would like to see. BUT ... IMO having fun with companions use to be one of the more interesting parts of SWTOR that has unquestionably been shoved aside!

If it means my money will be used to develop a FULL, DECENT expansion and not a patch? 200%.

If it means I get dripping content? Absolutely not.

Hell, I would even pay 4 times the monthly sub if it means I have a lot of contents and regular updates.

If it actually increases quality of content while not diminishing the player base of willing participants, then I'd gladly fork out the $$$ - & it'd better have a purchasable there-in-the-moment special edition that includes quality bonus items like the Legacy of the Sith expansion did, which was way better than the Shadows of Revan bonus items.

From this dev team? No.

My words - before 7.0 I where willing to pay 40 to 50 bucks for an expansion like in other games (WoW, TESO, etc.)

But now with these garbage delivered for a 10 year celebration - no cent.

And please don't call them a dev Team, this is an insult to all real and engaged development and designer teams.

If paying for an expansion got me something that lasts as long as a ff14 expansion sure.

At least 2 flashpoints, 1-2 new operations, 2 planets, 10+ hours of story content, level increase, crafting increase etc.

If paying for an expansion means a 1-2 hour major story update which has no conclusion, no ops, annoying new characters who immediately die, a broken flashpoint and a general downgrade to the game such as 7.0 - then no.

If they wanted to roll back to 6x or whatever, they would have done it by now.
Correct. As I said in my initial post there’s little to no chance they revert.

Which brings up another point, everyone knows BW's history and track record, yet are surprised when they do the same thing. Like not listening to the players. Why are you surprised by this?
I don’t know where I indicated surprise??

Plus, one more thing, if you're no longer entertained or the game feels like it's going in the direction you don't like, why are you still here?
I don’t think you read my post at all. I have 40 sub days left and that’s basically how long they have to improve the game at all before I bail for good. I can dumb it down for you this way: if I bought a spa membership where they charge you for every month and cancelled while still having half a month left, I don’t get the previous days refunded I still have that whole rest of the month that I paid for. Of course I am going to use it while I still have it and get a modicum of my money’s worth. But I’m not even on that much anyways anymore, it’s mainly me on the forums seeing if anything improves. Unfortunately nothing seems to be improving.

Why are you playing a game you vehemently hate and know the people behind it don't care about you and know they won't admit when they are wrong?
I don’t know where I said I was actively playing. I pretty much only get on once every week for ten minutes to check and see if things are fixed and or to complain about how bad 7.0 is and then log off. Also I don’t know where I said or showed that I “vehemently” hate the game?? I love SWTOR it WAS my favorite game before they destroyed it with 7.0. THATS why I’m here. Your post was pretty useless and unwarranted.

Hello.

Based on the dire story content/direction after class stories? NOPE. I play/pay primarily for story and it's been disappointing. I don't trust that they will ever match the superb-ness of class stories again. The format they used for KotFE should have been used as an opportunity to give our classes an awesome story, but it just lumped everyone, regardless of class into Emperor killers.

And I don't believe they could give us an expansion that worked based on the forum of bugs from 7.0 which months later are still unfixed.

I'd prefer to see an entirely new online star wars game with a good team of developers who give us new story and great characters.

Edited by Sarova

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.