What are you going to miss the most when 7.0 hits?

OrionSol

Not being forced to choose between reflecting blaster fire (saber reflect) and agility (blade blitz) on the Guardian class. Neither was there originally, but it feels a little less "iconic Jedi" to me without it now.

The decision between skills seems very arbitrary and doesn't make any sense

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amplifiers

Not only are they are great money sink but they can help in a lot of non-combat related game functions.

You can get level 8 mods with amplifiers from the fleet vender that sells starter Adaptive Gear. It is very cheap to create non combat sets for crafting, giving gifts, boosting stim time, etc.

Efficient Crafting... reduces crafting time 18%. An 18% decrease in production time is a massive benefit especially if you are sending out 8 companions,

Crafting Critical... I have no idea if crafting crit works for amplifiers. All I know is when I craft basic components when wearing the set I usually get a +90% crit rate on basic crafting.

Efficient Gathering/Mission... reduces gathering/mission time 18%. These sadly are attached to the higher level armors so you would have to farm level 70 Space Guardian Sets from the tech vender (there maybe a lower level set but not 100% sure about that).

Successful Gathering/Mission... +21% success rate in gathering/mission means I rarely fail gathering/missions while wearing a full set. This results in nearly double the Mission Discoveries I receive while wearing that set (since I rarely fail mission discoveries).

Starship Booty... ever want free Starship Requisition? Use Starship Booty and get 5-10 Fleet Coms nearly every time you kill a group of mobs. Run around a starter world and AOE mobs. Really good for sending new characters and maxing out ships.

Alpha Strike... you can basically do an extra 23.6 percent more base damage with a full set of Amplified gear + Alpha Strike. Sure it only lasts 10 seconds, but if you build a set to farm low level mobs + Starship Booty you can get free Fleet Coms and constantly do +23.6% more damage since you kill groups of mobs in one or two hits. Plus it is great for some stealth builds in PvP.

Influential... saves you 18% in the cost of companion gifts. Also saves you 18% time giving said gifts since it boosts the results of each gift 18%. For a few companions maybe not a massive savings, but for a player with 30+ characters and at least 9 companions on each character, saving 18% cost and having an 18% reduction in time spent giving gifts is amazing.

Mission Rewards... great for when you are leveling up. Gain an additional 12% on completing missions. Stacks well with the class mission buff in legacy. I stick Mission Rewards on my +50% experience D/L set I picked up years ago. 12% is still 12% when I am just clicking Accept on rewards.

Edited by illgot

The decision between skills seems very arbitrary and doesn't make any sense

Defensive s and stuns are getting pruned is the reasoning. Saber reflect can cheese certain aspects of PvE fights and blade blitz can cheese others.. if you need to cheese an aoe you go blade blitz, if you need to cheese single target, saber reflect.

Just like how guardian's aoe soft stun is getting "pruned" into an option.

Only a handful of specs are getting more than one offensive ability pruned back, and most were already niche. Explosive dart/severing slash.

I'll miss the generous gearing system in 6.0 where I could have max item rating, set bonus, and tactical set up in legacy bank to equip as soon as an alt hit the level cap, and could optimize stats with the best mods within a month. I'll miss having the highest rating gear since I can't do ops (computer too old/slow for large player stuff). I'll miss the irating adjustment on low level planets that greatly sped up heroics in the long run. Level-capped content is gonna feel really slow after this. It was like this in 5.0 too, so I can deal with it, but it was nice to finish a whole planet of heroics fairly quickly solo. Even the slowest planets like Hoth I could usually do in 40 minutes or less. That will be going back up to 60-70 minutes.

From the sound of things, being able to enjoy working toward goals that interest me while having a sense of progress on the side. If I have to choose between enjoying what I want to do and getting "the best rewards" in some railroaded gear path that is going to be obsolete in another year, I just won't get them.

Just like how guardian's aoe soft stun is getting "pruned" into an option.

Only a handful of specs are getting more than one offensive ability pruned back, and most were already niche. Explosive dart/severing slash.

What about Maras hard stun getting "pruned" into an option? An option who also has Maras best defense skill - so nobody really could take it? What about the dot spread from Explosive Dart for IO Mercs? I use it quite often in AoE heavy fights.

I will miss both of them. Both are useful skills I could use to react in certain situations properly. This is what gameplay elevates about simply pushing 1-2-3 1-2-3. :(

From the sound of things, being able to enjoy working toward goals that interest me while having a sense of progress on the side. If I have to choose between enjoying what I want to do and getting "the best rewards" in some railroaded gear path that is going to be obsolete in another year, I just won't get them.

Ditto. And if the game is, in turn, too hard for me, I'll leave in a heartbeat.

Final Fantasy 14 is activating new servers and re-activate new player accounts again on the 25th January. They are finally opening up APAC servers, so it’s a no brainer for me.

Now if only I could get past my distaste of the art style... I think maybe I'll try ESO again. My problem with that game is that I never played any Elder Scrolls games before, so the lore goes completely over my head.

Edited by Cedia

Now if only I could get past my distaste of the art style...

That the only distaste I have for FF14 is the cutesy child like characters.

But I’ll need something to play when 7.0 launches and it probably won’t be swtor. Plus,

FF14 is opening APAC servers, so I’ll be able to stop paying an extra $20 a month for WTFast VPN just to get a stable connection from Australia.

I’ll end up saving $240 a year for something I shouldn’t need to pay for a globally recognised IP.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

There's a couple of things I'll miss.

• I'll miss doing conquest on a bunch of my alts to progress my guild ships (got all the perk rooms open on both, but it's looking like finishing either isn't going to happen). My small guild will pretty much grind to a halt.

• I'll miss doing the weekly missions of my choice. If I had to limit myself to what BW thought I should be doing when I had taken a year off, I never would have returned. Doing the odd daily area that I chose kept me invested in the game, even if it was just a little.

• I'll miss some of the skills that are being either removed outright or removed by forcing a choice. I play pretty much all classes and specs, I can see rerolling everyone into one or two specs as the end result. Some of our choices don't make a lot of sense, and some skills seem stuck at odd levels just to have something to choose from. For example, not getting any aoe until level 15 and 19 as a powertech, or not getting hydraulic overrides until level 73 (and then having to choose between it, healing shoulder cannon and the hard stun. Yay.)

• I'll miss my favorite leveling approach. I tend to do class stories and pick up some levels here and there with fps. Since group finder will be off limits until level 50, so much for that. Heroics might not be a valid substitute, based on my low level experiences on the pts.

• I'll miss a lot of the friends I've made over the years who are already planning on leaving. Sure not all of them will, but a few have already moved on to other games like FFXIV or ESO. Even my brother, who has been a solid player since just after Makeb launched, is saying he won't keep playing.

• I'll miss playing the way I do currently. I keep up to my obligations in the conquest guild I'm a member of, I do the occasional pug operation. I run my alts through heroics and daily areas to get them conquest points so I can keep working on my guild ships. I seldom do fps unless I'm leveling a new alt, so it looks like I'll have do things that don't really interest me an awful lot to get gear and improve it.

There really isn't much I'm looking forward to with 7.0. I'm on the fence about the new character creation system and not a fan of the changes to the inventory, I like the idea of dual spec and load outs except I haven't been able to really play with them since on pts I can't figure out how to make a loadout remember my settings. And playing with it too much took away my ability to change specs at all until I restarted the client. Yeah I know, work in progress, but how are we supposed to provide feedback on stuff if it doesn't work? Surely there was a more up to date build floating around on an internal server somewhere. Oddly, the one thing that had me go "huh, that's neat" was my character harvesting nodes like a companion, by which I mean not kneeling down to pick it up. And who's to say that will even make it to live?

Edited by Macarrin

I do not like giving characters more options to play different ways - too much like some MMOs where there is never any need to have more than one character because any character can do everything.

I *do* like the elimination of older systems. Two weeks ago I was in EQ2 complaining on the forums - with others - that the game was horrifically overcomplicated and extremely hard for new players or returning players because of the number of redundant and sometimes outright unsupported systems confusing so many of us. Thus I applaud what the devs are trying to do even though, inevitably, they will ditch some systems I like and keep some I dislike.

there are way too many abilities. i want a trim. anyone crying go leave, we dont need your ************

This is not how you should handle the disagreements. Removing options is just that, removing options. So the game becomes less complex. This is great as it reduces the skill floor, so more people can enjoy it. However, the choices in what they took out were more about reducing the skill ceiling. Only a few decisions really were better for the lower level player, assassin not having knockback innate being the main one, but still is an issue for the skill ceiling.

Side note, if you want trim... play combat/carnage with howling fang god tactical. Literally just use a single ability.