Galactic Seasons 2 Feedback

JackieKo

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've noticed when your playing a different loadout gear marked for the class your doing story mode is in red so you cannot equip it.

also just completed a quest on hoth as a sith warrior using sith inq loadout and thr rewards were choosing gear for the inquisitor companions and not for the warrior.

seems sym link is not handled correctly for class specific gear and rewards

I will talk mostly about the Group Finder, because its behaviour right now is tied to the Galactic Season.

Operations and Group Finder: operations require several people of several roles to play them. Because of this, I think it's a good politics restricting the Group Finder to just one operation. However, restricting to just one operation for week seems too rigid for me. If you want to wait for one specific operation you could have to wait several months!!! It was a lot better when you have one Operation for day. It was my favorite encarnation of the Group Finder regarding operations.

Flashpoints: veteran flashpoints are very different from operations. It's very easy to find 4 players of any role who wants to play a flashpoint. For that reason, you shouldn't restrict the flashpoints avalaible in the Group Finder. Last season, you ruined operations with your changes to the group finder (people were just doing Toborros) and if this change goes live, you'll ruin flashpoints. I understand that you want people to play your shiny new flashpoints :D, but you should not block people from playing a flashpoint easily when there's enough people who want the same thing.

My suggestion: add a new category to the Group Finder: "Featured Flashpoints". This category could have better rewards and be the same that is now on the PTS: 9 selected flashpoints. Then you could keep the other category with all the flashpoints, but worse rewards. That way, you have people playing the flashpoints that you want, but without keeping people from playing the other flashpoints if it's their desire.

Right now, it seems you are trying to adapt the Group Finder to your new system, and you are not thinking on the needs of the players.

Heroics: when I finish a weekly, the weekly doesn't disappear from the Group Finder and if I choose it again it autocompletes. I think it's a bug, so I report it here.

Lastly, please don't forget GSF!! Some of us really like it :sul_wink:

Season 2 Feedback:

- Seasons objectives: I like that they are primarily weekly rather than daily, that will be easier for players to complete. But I think the weekly objectives should all offer the same number of seasons points. They all require a similar time commitment, so why not give 12 seasons points for each of them?.

It also means that you have to commit to that weekly and get it done before you might complete another weekly that rewards less. So you are in queue for flashpoints and you consider doing solo stuff while waiting like CZ for instance but if CZ is one of the weekly objectives you might complete it before your flashpoints. Now you do other solo objectives, still while waiting for flashpoints/warzones and you finish your solo weeklies before the group ones. There you ended your 7 weeklies and can't complete the juicy ones (the ones that give 12 points) anymore.

Absolute terrible design.

I liked how they showed the Weekly or Daily Commendations previously in Season One, think it's silly or dumb how they choose to evolve it... :(

Making it so subtle, that most can't even find it isn't wise! Especially if everyone wants to do it.

Edited by Strathkin

Another GS headache I found this week (if it's already been mentioned, tough).

Weeklies ARE NOT resetting so at present you can only get them on TWO characters once per GS season:mad:

EDIT: transferred over a couple more characters to the PTS to see if they could pick up the weeklies and it's worse than I thought. It seems if you complete the CZ-198 x2 weekly for the GS objective one week, you will not be able to get CZ or the alternative Iokath weekly again on ANY character after the reset, not just the two that completed it the previous week. If this is intended, (which I really hope it isn't), players will only be able to do the GS objective ("Wild Space Daily Sweep") once per legacy per season making this objective pointless and further ruining the solo player's game.

In addition, you can only do the weekly for many 2+ heroics ONCE then it disappears forever (from both your activities log, the Heroic Mission Terminal on the fleet and the Heroic terminals on the planets).

Devs - need answers on this as soon as you're back please. Are you seriously restricting weeklies to once per character per season?

Edited by Sarova

Another GS headache I found this week (if it's already been mentioned, tough).

Weeklies ARE NOT resetting so at present you can only get them on TWO characters once per GS season:mad:

EDIT: transferred over a couple more characters to the PTS to see if they could pick up the weeklies and it's worse than I thought. It seems if you complete the CZ-198 x2 weekly for the GS objective one week, you will not be able to get CZ or the alternative Iokath weekly again on ANY character after the reset, not just the two that completed it the previous week. If this is intended, (which I really hope it isn't), players will only be able to do the GS objective ("Wild Space Daily Sweep") once per legacy per season making this objective pointless and further ruining the solo player's game.

In addition, you can only do the weekly for many 2+ heroics ONCE then it disappears forever (from both your activities log, the Heroic Mission Terminal on the fleet and the Heroic terminals on the planets).

Devs - need answers on this as soon as you're back please. Are you seriously restricting weeklies to once per character per season?

That is... really bad.

Make sure to send a bug report and put it in the bug forum...

As noted in the general PTS thread, Galactic Seasons 2 is now active on PTS.

• Please provide any general feedback you may have about this season.
  • Thoughts on balance and cadence of Objectives given and rewards earned are also helpful
  • What are your thoughts about the changes made from Season 1 to Season 2?
  • Are you experiencing any system breaking or progress stopping bugs or issues?

I like that the emphasis is more on weeklies over dailies. However, I find it odd that different weeklies give different amounts of points, meaning we can't pick and choose quite as freely if we want to maximise points per week. I'd prefer it if all weeklies gave the same amount of points and were adjusted accordingly, especially with a few in there you can't help but complete through playing (earning conquest points for example), which could lock you out of a different, more lucrative reward if you're unlucky.

I have only checked the objectives for this week, which is more focused on warzones, GSF and small group content, but I really hope any operation related weeklies will let me choose the difficulty level I want to run at, rather than prescribing a groupfinder storymode.

Some of the new rewards are fun, like purple gathering missions and dyes, although the latter could do with a box, rather than suddenly taking up all that inventory space. It felt like I was getting them at a decent pace, I was more focused on leveling and gearing, but was still getting regular season rewards through that.

Objectives

I was initially thrilled with the switch from a daily to a weekly focus for Galactic Seasons, but having now seen them on PTS, I find myself ambivalent. "Collect 60 Syndicate Plans"? "Gain x amount of rep by turning in plans"? These are play-whatever semi-RNG objectives that appear to be available every week. "Get 200k conquest points." Yeah, okay, snore. They're not all bad, mind, but I preferred the random daily format.

Goals aside, the point disparity is incredibly annoying. Some objectives are worth 12 points, some are worth 6. They are displayed in random order with no sorting option that I found. Unlike conquest objectives, you have to click on each objective to see the point value--it does not appear to be displayed on the objective itself. So. Much. Clicking.

Reputation Track and the Shadow Syndicate

The good:

adding a rep track makes the "gain rep" conquest objective reasonable for veteran players. Thank you.

The bad:

I hate the entire presentation of this process. You go track down Fen Zeil in some random part of Nar Shaddaa, then wander back to the promenade to talk to a poorly labeled npc, to whom you will ultimately hand in "Underworld Syndicate Plans" alliance-crate style.

First of all, the conversation never says anything about "Underworld Syndicate Plans," instead making vague reference to "information." Second, there's no 'come talk to me' indicator on this NPC. It's all rather strange and obscure unless you've played KotFE/KotET, and even then, having to go through the convo on every toon who turns in plans is... tedious.

Second: the acquisition of these plans is semi-random. You acquire them as loot (goes straight to currency tab), as seasons & objective rewards (goes straight to currency tab, no notification), and in the mail from achievements (appears as item-attachment, and goes to currency tab when claimed). The last is especially confusing, and the text of the mail message uninspired. I was getting them on my test-leveling toon before I started the season on my L80 test gearing toon. Very odd.

UI Issues

Having the seasons objectives in their own tab of the conquest pane is nice, but that tab doesn't look like a tab. Furthermore, clicking the objectives button in the seasons pane does not open directly to that tab, but consistently opens to whichever part of the mission log/conquest tab/codex panel was open last. Not exactly helpful...

For future Galactic Seasons, I'd like to see Qaraah (the First Rishi guy you meet) to be the companion. He seems fun, and likes the player, since we agreed not to eat him. :D

For future-future seasons, along the same lines, the companion can be other NPCs we've previously interacted with, as opposed to newly created back stories. (Why DID Qaraah get thrown out of the cantina, anyway? )

You'd have to pay the voice actors, rather than using the default alien noises, but the result would be worth it.

Objectives

I was initially thrilled with the switch from a daily to a weekly focus for Galactic Seasons, but having now seen them on PTS, I find myself ambivalent. "Collect 60 Syndicate Plans"? "Gain x amount of rep by turning in plans"? These are play-whatever semi-RNG objectives that appear to be available every week. "Get 200k conquest points." Yeah, okay, snore. They're not all bad, mind, but I preferred the random daily format.

Goals aside, the point disparity is incredibly annoying. Some objectives are worth 12 points, some are worth 6. They are displayed in random order with no sorting option that I found. Unlike conquest objectives, you have to click on each objective to see the point value--it does not appear to be displayed on the objective itself. So. Much. Clicking.

Reputation Track and the Shadow Syndicate

The good:

adding a rep track makes the "gain rep" conquest objective reasonable for veteran players. Thank you.

The bad:

I hate the entire presentation of this process. You go track down Fen Zeil in some random part of Nar Shaddaa, then wander back to the promenade to talk to a poorly labeled npc, to whom you will ultimately hand in "Underworld Syndicate Plans" alliance-crate style.

First of all, the conversation never says anything about "Underworld Syndicate Plans," instead making vague reference to "information." Second, there's no 'come talk to me' indicator on this NPC. It's all rather strange and obscure unless you've played KotFE/KotET, and even then, having to go through the convo on every toon who turns in plans is... tedious.

Second: the acquisition of these plans is semi-random. You acquire them as loot (goes straight to currency tab), as seasons & objective rewards (goes straight to currency tab, no notification), and in the mail from achievements (appears as item-attachment, and goes to currency tab when claimed). The last is especially confusing, and the text of the mail message uninspired. I was getting them on my test-leveling toon before I started the season on my L80 test gearing toon. Very odd.

UI Issues

Having the seasons objectives in their own tab of the conquest pane is nice, but that tab doesn't look like a tab. Furthermore, clicking the objectives button in the seasons pane does not open directly to that tab, but consistently opens to whichever part of the mission log/conquest tab/codex panel was open last. Not exactly helpful...

Agreed on all of this.

I will also add, I think its a bug that the dailys/weeklys change each or day or even more weird, depending on the planet I am on. On my ship I have 4 different planet heroic weeklys, then on fleet i have 4 different ones and when i go down to nar shadda, i have 4 different ones. I hope this is a bug, because if not......its going to make doing the GS weeklys a pain.

Also the weird dumb weekly objectives (kill with while they are affected by barrels, kill gaurds etc etc) i dislike, the kill solo with no companion is fine.

Just a heads up, when 7.0 hits live servers you may want to make sure that Galactic Seasons objectives match other weeklies.

One of my GS objectives for this week is: "Legacies of the Underworld". Complete 8 flashpoints (1 point). Earn bonus progress for completing Directive 7, Mandalorian Raiders, Cademimu or Spirit of Vengeance (4 points). Earn additional bonus progress for defeating their bonus bosses (3 points).

None of these 4 flashpoints are part of the rotation of this week. So you are really required to run 8 flashpoints (1 point each) to complete this. It can't be hard to have these requirements coincide with the flashpoints selected for the week...

Especially when you consider the fact that I mentioned a couple weeks ago: these juicy weeklies (giving 12 season points) are easily forfeited by completing solo objectives. If you are sitting in queue for 8 flashpoints, you are most likely going to do solo content rather than waiting doing nothing, which means that you are going to earn Underworld plans, completing missions, etc. and just completing other GS objectives without even trying to. Once you have done 7 weeklies, you can't complete the other ones. I can see a lot of frustration if that kind of weekly can't be completed unless you do nothing else.

Edited by demotivator

Just a heads up, when 7.0 hits live servers you may want to make sure that Galactic Seasons objectives match other weeklies.

One of my GS objectives for this week is: "Legacies of the Underworld". Complete 8 flashpoints (1 point). Earn bonus progress for completing Directive 7, Mandalorian Raiders, Cademimu or Spirit of Vengeance (4 points). Earn additional bonus progress for defeating their bonus bosses (3 points).

None of these 4 flashpoints are part of the rotation of this week. So you are really required to run 8 flashpoints (1 point each) to complete this. It can't be hard to have these requirements coincide with the flashpoints selected for the week...

Especially when you consider the fact that I mentioned a couple weeks ago: these juicy weeklies (giving 12 season points) are easily forfeited by completing solo objectives. If you are sitting in queue for 8 flashpoints, you are most likely going to do solo content rather than waiting doing nothing, which means that you are going to earn Underworld plans, completing missions, etc. and just completing other GS objectives without even trying to. Once you have done 7 weeklies, you can't complete the other ones. I can see a lot of frustration if that kind of weekly can't be completed unless you do nothing else.

Yes it's just horrible design.

What kind of "choice" do you give players by giving goals that have more points than others? It's already impossible to do 7 objectives solo, and they are worth less than the others...

Yes it's just horrible design.

What kind of "choice" do you give players by giving goals that have more points than others? It's already impossible to do 7 objectives solo, and they are worth less than the others...

On the contrary solo objectives are actually very easy. This week among others, I have: earn 25K CQ and earn 200K CQ. These are nothing, that's already 2 weeklies done without even trying. Another goal is earning Underworld plans, you easily swim in them by doing heroics, flashpoints, completing GS objectives... just running around Hutta killing everything in sight. That's now 3 GS goals done. You usually get to complete x missions in a region of the galaxy, you will do this by running heroics (that you will need to run in order to earn aquatic matrix). We are now at 4 solo goals easily completed while waiting in groupfinder.

During my first week of GS I actually didn't pay attention to the fact that GS weeklies had different payouts and I got screwed over certain weeklies that I could no longer complete because I had hit 7 weeklies done.

While I appreciate that GS2 improved over GS1, giving more choice, it is still as frustrating as rolling a weekly/daily only to get another one that is no more interesting. I think it would have been wiser to keep the set of a dozen of weeklies, as it is now, but to also give us the ability to remove those we are not interested in and only keep the 7 ones that we want to work on. This way, there would be no more completing "Earn 25k CQ" before you can do your 8 flashpoints.

Edited by demotivator

Hi all,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you all for the great feedback we have received while Season 2 has been on the PTS, and also provide some updates and clarifications to some of the topics mentioned here.

Season Objective Tab

We have seen the feedback regarding the lack of clarity that the Season Objective tab in the Conquest window is actually a tab/button. The version of the Conquest window tabs seen on the PTS is an incomplete version; the version we have on our development server is much clearer and should alleviate this point.

In addition, we are aware that clicking on the Season Objectives button on the Galactic Seasons page is not always taking players to the correct window in-game. We are finishing off the last piece of code needed for this to correctly link, and it will be fixed for once we go live with Season 2.

Underworld Syndicate Plans

There has been feedback regarding the Underworld Syndicate Plans, specifically how to obtain them for the Season Objective “Infiltrating the Competition”. We have added additional context and information to the Season Objective which will now inform players the sources of Underworld Syndicate Plans and the number they may obtain from each source.

In addition to the clarification of where to obtain them, we have also updated Qi’us’ conversation to now directly mention Underworld Syndicate Plans by name rather than vaguely referencing “information”.

To further clarify some of the confusion we have seen, Underworld Syndicate Plans do not come from Achievements. Our Season Objectives utilize the same tech as our Achievement system, so when players were getting mail from “Achievement Systems” it was the core tech behaving as it should for all Achievement-based assets.

The reason for the mail is based on how we previously authored the Achievement system to handle item-based Achievement rewards (such as Underworld Syndicate Plans). The current system takes any item reward and mails them to the character which completed the Achievement. We are finishing our update to this system such that when Season 2 goes live, Underworld Syndicate Plans earned from Season Objectives should simply go into the player’s currency tab, while updating the “Infiltrating the Competition” Season Objective.

Underworld Aspirant Achievement Series

We are aware of the Underworld Aspirant Achievements incrementing incorrectly. We have discovered the cause and have a fix for it.

Fen Zeil Customization

We understand that there is a desire for Fen himself to be more customizable in his appearance as we did with Altuur. I’m happy to go into some additional detail here as to why he is currently set up the way he is.

We want players to have the opportunity to express themselves through their Companions, and customize that experience. For many that is dressing their Companion in any outfit they desire, and while we want to offer that option there are often times when that becomes more difficult to support, both technically as well as when we wish to maintain character integrity.

Our outfit system allows players to equip themselves (and sometimes their Companions) in outfits which reveal skin (such as the torso, arms, legs, hands, and feet). This requires that the character has the appropriate art made for each of those regions. There are many characters in the game which currently do have the art to support this, and attempting to work around this would not be in the best interest of the player or look of the character.

Other times we opt to keep a certain look or style to a Companion to maintain the integrity of that character. While we may offer alternative looks for them, their outfit is part of what makes them unique and definable at a quick glance. There is never any question of which Companion just ran by when it is Nico or Arcann. Fen Zeil is a character we wish to maintain this integrity with.

Understanding however that customization is important, we created some additional skin variants for Fen which players will be able to earn and/or purchase throughout the Season. We did this with the intent to offer players more immediate options should players desire them, while maintaining the character integrity we believe is important for him.

Galactic Season Point Distribution

Finally, I would like to chat about the point distribution for Season Objectives and the intention behind this decision.

As mentioned in an earlier post, we can effectively break the Season Objectives into 3 “types” based on their time to complete, complexity, and access. In short, they can best be defined in the following way:

• 6 Solo-oriented Objectives
    • These are intended to be completed by solo players, and are balanced toward being complete in 30-40 minutes. These offer players 6 Galactic Season points for a total of 36 Galactic Season Points if all 6 are completed.

[*]3 Multiplayer-oriented Objectives

• These are intended to be completed with or against other players, often involving queue times or some other manner of more coordinated effort between multiple players. They are balanced toward being complete in 60-80 minutes, with their potential queue times being considered as a part of this time to complete. These offer players 12 Galactic Season Points for a total of 36 Galactic Season Points if all 3 are completed.

[*]1 Subscriber Objective

• This Objective is intended solely as an option for Subscribed players, and will require content included in expansions outside of what we offer in our Free content. The completion time of these may vary anywhere between 30-80 minutes, and will vary week-to-week between being Solo-oriented and Multiplayer-oriented.

Due to the time and effort required for multiplayer-based Objectives, as well as the smaller number of them in total, they require additional points to balance out the total options for players to make informed decisions on. Even in the event we lowered the overall requirements for the Multiplayer-oriented Objectives to maintain the roughly same time to complete estimates as the Solo-oriented ones, those Objectives would still require an additional padding of points to compensate for the added complexity layer of accessibility.

Last but not least, I recently sat down and talked about Galactic Seasons 2 in an interview with This Week in Aurebesh, and I encourage you to read through it!

I hope that helps shed light on some of the more prevalent feedback we have seen! We would like to again thank everyone for their feedback! It has been and continues to be extremely helpful for us in shaping Galactic Seasons!

Edited by JackieKo

Hi all,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you all for the great feedback we have received while Season 2 has been on the PTS, and also provide some updates and clarifications to some of the topics mentioned here.

[sNIP]

We would like to again thank everyone for their feedback! It has been and continues to be extremely helpful for us in shaping Galactic Seasons!

While i personally think u guys should've made '7.0' about GSF, Crafting, & Content (rather than totally revamping Combat....AGAIN ugh ) , i appreciate your post reply with such details & insight. I only wish u guys would post more behind-the-code-curtain type robust posts like this more often.

Speaking of which: How come your post didn't have it's typical *gold shimmer* COLOR scheme font ??? Casualty of 2022 remote-work effect or your Kawakian Monkey-Lizard got loose onto your keyboard today? :eek:

*EDIT: post was font fixed the next day!

Edited by Nee-Elder
i think David forgot to include his BioWare 'developer' staff *gold color* font code in his post today--FIXED

Allowing companion customization never takes away their ""integrity"" as people can just choose not to (un)dress them. Sadly Shae, Senya, Lana, Koth didn't get to keep their ""integrity"" lols.

Let me (un)dress Arcann in skimpy outfits! Technicality be damned, his Mom's been running around semi-naked so why can't he--

Edited by vianiel

Hi all,

Other times we opt to keep a certain look or style to a Companion to maintain the integrity of that character. While we may offer alternative looks for them, their outfit is part of what makes them unique and definable at a quick glance. There is never any question of which Companion just ran by when it is Nico or Arcann. Fen Zeil is a character we wish to maintain this integrity with.

Understanding however that customization is important, we created some additional skin variants for Fen which players will be able to earn and/or purchase throughout the Season. We did this with the intent to offer players more immediate options should players desire them, while maintaining the character integrity we believe is important for him.

I do hope your design team understands that their static vision of those companions makes them significantly less desirable to the player base. Personally, I think it's a very poor trade off. But since we are being deliberately ham-strung on personalizing so many of the newer companions, could you at least have them fix Vector, Scourge and the Gamorean guard? I'm sure they are all tired of wearing bras and silver unitards.

Galactic Season Point Distribution

Due to the time and effort required for multiplayer-based Objectives, as well as the smaller number of them in total, they require additional points to balance out the total options for players to make informed decisions on. Even in the event we lowered the overall requirements for the Multiplayer-oriented Objectives to maintain the roughly same time to complete estimates as the Solo-oriented ones, those Objectives would still require an additional padding of points to compensate for the added complexity layer of accessibility.

That's why, as a solo player, I'm not going to bother with GS2. If you ever figure out how to equitably balance objectives and their rewards, then I'll participate. The system, as is, makes me feel like a second class citizen.

Edited by Damask_Rose

Unless we are looking at setting the PvP weeklies as "Group" category and we get 6 actual soloable "Solo" category for the week (And total points for the complete seasons comes down by half to 400 total) this is going to wind up as a steaming pile of Bantha Poo-doo as predicted when the changes were announced.

Yep, again... not cool. People complained about Galactic Season 1 because they were forced to do group content, but at least every weekly/daily was worth the same.

You basically changed the way it works and still managed to make it suck for solo players.

I just don't get this. You have a story-driven game that encourages solo players, then you make the game less solo-friendly. Why? You made it easier for casuals in GS2, why did you have to make it harder for soloers at the same time? Do you just not care about that part of your player base?

Hopefully someone will do the math and we'll see if it's still doable to finish GS2 without the group missions.

Also - I'd like to remind you that some of those supposedly solo-friendly objectives are NOT solo friendly anymore because of the combat nerf (Eternal Championship, Veteran chapters). So that "6 solo objectives" part is actually wrong.

Hopefully someone will do the math and we'll see if it's still doable to finish GS2 without the group missions.

I've not done the maths, but I have done 3 weeks of GS. Based on my experience, some weeks it will not be possible to complete all 7 GS weeklies doing true solo only content (no GSF or PvP or FPs) based on the weeklies offered. I already fed this back.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9990665&postcount=26

There is also an error which resulted in some solo weeklies not being re-granted after the reset (CZ-198 in particular) so even a solo weekly GS objective could not be completed. This was not touched in the Dev response.

We are finishing our update to this system such that when Season 2 goes live, Underworld Syndicate Plans earned from Season Objectives should simply go into the player’s currency tab, while updating the “Infiltrating the Competition” Season Objective.

Do we need to start praying to the SHOULD gods? :p

I still don't like that the daily area heroic missions (screenshot from what we now get in live in our activities list) have been changed in 7.0 from a daily to a weekly and have been removed from activities unless they are part of the GS weekly objective (so limited to 3 or 4 a week). No more quick travelling to a heroic area via the activities tab - you'll have to visit the heroic terminal on the fleet or the heroic terminal on the planet or individual heroic quest givers. This is going backwards. Could you not have left them in place and just added bonus points for doing the GS ones?

Edited by Sarova