Galactic Seasons 2 Feedback

JackieKo

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I wanted to pop back in and give you all an update on some of the few last changes we have made to Galactic Seasons based on the continued feedback you provided, and what you can expect once Season 2 goes live with 7.0!

Season Objective Rewards

We have increased the number of Galactic Season Points earned from Solo-oriented Objectives. These will now offer players 8 Galactic Season Points (up from 6) for a total of 48 Galactic Season Points if all 6 are completed (up from 36).

In addition we have increased the total number of Underworld Syndicate Plans for both Daily and Solo-oriented Season Objectives. Daily Season Objectives will now offer 2 Underworld Syndicate Plans (up from 1) and Solo-oriented Season Objectives will now offer 10 Underworld Syndicate Plans (up from 7).

Objective Requirement Adjustments

We have made some additional adjustments to the requirements of the following Season Objectives based on your feedback and our own continued playtesting.

• Ace of the Armada
    • Now requires 4 Missions (down from 6)

[*]Coreward Worlds

• Now requires 8 Missions (down from 10)

[*]Capitals of Dichotomy

[*]Dealings in Hutt Space

[*]The Distant Outer Rim

[*]The Seat of the Empire

[*]Reaches of Unknown and Wild Space

[*]Mutual Beneficiary

• Now requires 1000 Reputation earned (down from 1500)

[*]Infiltrating the Competition

• Now requires 40 Syndicate Plans (down from 60)

[*]Sparks of War (All variations)

• Now requires 25 defeated enemies (down from 45)

Season Objective Description Adjustments

The following Season Objectives have had their descriptions updated to provide more clarity and context.

• Syndicate Infighting
    • The description has been updated to provide additional clarity as to what needs to be done, including where to locate Disguise Crates and Syndicate Personnel Consoles.

• The description has been updated to inform players of all sources of Underworld Syndicate Plans and their yields.

[*]Seeking Artifacts

• The description has been updated to inform players of the minimum quest requirements to participate in this Objective (Buried Evils (Republic) / Weapons Of Chaos (Empire)).

[*]GSI Valued Partner

• The description has been updated to inform players of the minimum quest requirements to participate in this Objective (Buried Evils (Republic) / Weapons Of Chaos (Empire) and The Search Begins (Republic) / Groundwork (Empire)).

Reward Track Update

We have increased the number of Medal of Commendation reward grants. Each grant of Medals of Commendation will now grant 20 Medals (up from 5).

Bugs Squashed

• Clicking on the Daily/Weekly complete tracker in the Galactic Seasons Reward track window will now properly take the player to the Season Objectives tab in the Conquest Window.
  • The Season Objective tab is now more defined as a click-able tab.
  • Underworld Syndicate Plans earned from Season Objectives will no longer be mailed to the player. They will now be automatically added to the player’s Legacy currency.
  • Fixed an issue where some players were on the wrong Season Objectives week.
  • Fixed an issue where the Underworld Aspirant Achievement was incrementing on area transition/login.

Thank you all again for your excellent feedback. We’re looking forward to participating in all that Season 2 has to offer you with the launch of 7.0!

with the current galactic season's system (first season) you were able to do it on each server and gather both cartel coins, subscriber and freeloader path rewards as well as the galactic season tokens on up to five servers and transfer them to your main server via the 2h resell option on items. tis any of this going to be possible in season two? Edited by RikuvonDrake

I appreciate the increased points for solo objectives.

I appreciate the requirements being clear for the GSI missions (looks like I have some work to do with those).

But I'm not going to lie, the whole thing looks extremely complicated and I'm still confused about what the new rep actually does...

Edited by Pricia

[*]Mutual Beneficiary

What happens to this galactic season objective if a player maxes their underworld syndicate reputation. Will the season objective be incompletable and therefore an entire week's season objective slot wasted?

Edited by Falensawino

Requiring wins is a good thing, on my server [star Forge], GSF and pvp was inundated with people that outspokenly said they dont care and spent the entire time standing idle/getting farmed in pvp OR crashing on purpose to end matches quicker in GSF.

As it is you're given a list of 10 objectives a week to complete, you can easily skip GSF/PVP each week and do another weekly GS2 mission to earn points as you only need to do 7 a week.

I am bad at gsf. I try, but I don't like it, and don't care to learn enough about it to play better. I only do it if I feel the rewards make it worth the time I spend doing it. So, if I do participate in it in season two, I will probably be dead weight, and will do more to help my team lose than I will ever do to help them win. I guess that could be fun if it causes good players who know how to play to lose points and show their frustration because they need a win. I Usually don't like to do things like that, but I think I might make an exception because of this rule.

I am bad at gsf. I try, but I don't like it, and don't care to learn enough about it to play better. I only do it if I feel the rewards make it worth the time I spend doing it. So, if I do participate in it in season two, I will probably be dead weight, and will do more to help my team lose than I will ever do to help them win. I guess that could be fun if it causes good players who know how to play to lose points and show their frustration because they need a win. I Usually don't like to do things like that, but I think I might make an exception because of this rule.

Sorry, but... Are you hearing yourself?!?

Read your post one more time and tell me you're joking.

The answer is no. DO NOT participate in GSF (or PvP) if that's your attitude.

In any grouping activity you have to think about the fact you're playing with other people, who have as much right to enjoying their chosen game mode as every other player. If it's not your coup of tea, fine. Find what is.

There's a reason the season isn't forcing players to do everything, and there's a reason the more content you LIKE to do, the easier it is to finish stuff... but this attitude is exactly why we unfortunately NEED these rules that unfortunately also make it harder for those learning, to make the content doable at all.

The whole reason for that rule being put in place is BECAUSE of players phoning it in (or downright sabotaging) ruining the activity for those that actually like the content.... if they didn't, NOT filling queues with "IDC I just want it to end" attitudes the old ways where only Ranked was win-only and unranked losses counted for half would still be enough and everyone who actually enjoys PvP/GSF would be far happier.

If you know you're bad, but you DO NOT CARE to get better... why don't you just NOT screw over others and find other stuff to do, instead of 'enjoying their frustration' (and inevitably complaining about how toxic GSF is, once said frustration you're enjoying boils over beyond 'fun to watch')? The same is true for PvP, and the same is true for Ops, and the same is true for Flashpoints... except there we have ways of mitigating our experience, unlike PvP and GSF.

I don't enjoy PvP....so I don't do it. PTS was the first time I queued since early 5.0, where it was basically required to gear (so lots of people with "I'm gonna queue and just hope it goes fast" joined, ergo the annoying wins-only rule there, too).

If you know you're bad and want to get better, that would be a different story, and the GSF players (and PvP players) I know talk through things with others all the time to help them improve (esp since that means more good games for them)... but you're just an entitled butt at this point, you realize that, yes?

Seriously, think about more than just yourself.

Sorry, but... Are you hearing yourself?!?

Read your post one more time and tell me you're joking.

The answer is no. DO NOT participate in GSF (or PvP) if that's your attitude.

In any grouping activity you have to think about the fact you're playing with other people, who have as much right to enjoying their chosen game mode as every other player. If it's not your coup of tea, fine. Find what is.

There's a reason the season isn't forcing players to do everything, and there's a reason the more content you LIKE to do, the easier it is to finish stuff... but this attitude is exactly why we unfortunately NEED these rules that unfortunately also make it harder for those learning, to make the content doable at all.

The whole reason for that rule being put in place is BECAUSE of players phoning it in (or downright sabotaging) ruining the activity for those that actually like the content.... if they didn't, NOT filling queues with "IDC I just want it to end" attitudes the old ways where only Ranked was win-only and unranked losses counted for half would still be enough and everyone who actually enjoys PvP/GSF would be far happier.

If you know you're bad, but you DO NOT CARE to get better... why don't you just NOT screw over others and find other stuff to do, instead of 'enjoying their frustration' (and inevitably complaining about how toxic GSF is, once said frustration you're enjoying boils over beyond 'fun to watch')? The same is true for PvP, and the same is true for Ops, and the same is true for Flashpoints... except there we have ways of mitigating our experience, unlike PvP and GSF.

I don't enjoy PvP....so I don't do it. PTS was the first time I queued since early 5.0, where it was basically required to gear (so lots of people with "I'm gonna queue and just hope it goes fast" joined, ergo the annoying wins-only rule there, too).

If you know you're bad and want to get better, that would be a different story, and the GSF players (and PvP players) I know talk through things with others all the time to help them improve (esp since that means more good games for them)... but you're just an entitled butt at this point, you realize that, yes?

Seriously, think about more than just yourself.

Thank you for your response. it helps me to strengthen my resolve to participate in gsf as a form of protest of the idea that wins should be required in pvp/gsf to advance quests or rewards. I am not against losses getting lesser points towards progress, or smaller rewards, but in player vs. player activity, players are part of the content the same way that npc's are part of pve content and deserve some credit for being there for the entertainment of others.

Normally I don't do gsf because I know how bad I am, and how much I dislike the content, but as a form a protest, I think it makes extreme sense for me to play it anyway during times of heightened rewards in order to make my point and try to frustrate those thinking that requiring wins is a good idea. I know of no better way to make my point, and I do not see myself changing my mind on this now that I have read your post.

So, once again, thank you for your post, I really do appreciate it.

Hi all,

I wanted to pop back in and give you all an update on some of the few last changes we have made to Galactic Seasons based on the continued feedback you provided, and what you can expect once Season 2 goes live with 7.0!

Season Objective Rewards

We have increased the number of Galactic Season Points earned from Solo-oriented Objectives. These will now offer players 8 Galactic Season Points (up from 6) for a total of 48 Galactic Season Points if all 6 are completed (up from 36).

In addition we have increased the total number of Underworld Syndicate Plans for both Daily and Solo-oriented Season Objectives. Daily Season Objectives will now offer 2 Underworld Syndicate Plans (up from 1) and Solo-oriented Season Objectives will now offer 10 Underworld Syndicate Plans (up from 7).

Objective Requirement Adjustments

We have made some additional adjustments to the requirements of the following Season Objectives based on your feedback and our own continued playtesting.

• Ace of the Armada
    • Now requires 4 Missions (down from 6)

[*]Coreward Worlds

[*]Capitals of Dichotomy

[*]Dealings in Hutt Space

[*]The Distant Outer Rim

[*]The Seat of the Empire

[*]Reaches of Unknown and Wild Space

[*]Mutual Beneficiary

• Now requires 40 Syndicate Plans (down from 60)

[*]Sparks of War (All variations)

• Now requires 25 defeated enemies (down from 45)

Season Objective Description Adjustments

The following Season Objectives have had their descriptions updated to provide more clarity and context.

• Syndicate Infighting
    • The description has been updated to provide additional clarity as to what needs to be done, including where to locate Disguise Crates and Syndicate Personnel Consoles.

• The description has been updated to inform players of all sources of Underworld Syndicate Plans and their yields.

[*]Seeking Artifacts

• The description has been updated to inform players of the minimum quest requirements to participate in this Objective (Buried Evils (Republic) / Weapons Of Chaos (Empire)).

[*]GSI Valued Partner

• The description has been updated to inform players of the minimum quest requirements to participate in this Objective (Buried Evils (Republic) / Weapons Of Chaos (Empire) and The Search Begins (Republic) / Groundwork (Empire)).

Reward Track Update

We have increased the number of Medal of Commendation reward grants. Each grant of Medals of Commendation will now grant 20 Medals (up from 5).

Bugs Squashed

• Clicking on the Daily/Weekly complete tracker in the Galactic Seasons Reward track window will now properly take the player to the Season Objectives tab in the Conquest Window.
  • The Season Objective tab is now more defined as a click-able tab.
  • Underworld Syndicate Plans earned from Season Objectives will no longer be mailed to the player. They will now be automatically added to the player’s Legacy currency.
  • Fixed an issue where some players were on the wrong Season Objectives week.
  • Fixed an issue where the Underworld Aspirant Achievement was incrementing on area transition/login.

Thank you all again for your excellent feedback. We’re looking forward to participating in all that Season 2 has to offer you with the launch of 7.0!

These updates and fixes are good news :) (spoilered so I'm not quoting a big wall of text).

One thing to mention, can you make it clear that the daily heroic missions to complete "X" number of heroics on a planet (the one currently picked in the solo activities tab which takes you directly to the location) are removed from solo activities in 7.0 and are now limited 2-3 weeklies attached to GS please? This was not clear at all on the PTS (yes, I did feed it back). Whilst there has been mention that individual heroics can still be picked up from terminals on the fleet and on planets, the change of the daily mission to a limited weekly should be made clear, especially as this mission rewards credits which will be lost as a source of in-game income for some in 7.0, as well as being a way to travel quickly to a planet.

• 3 weeks later...
I like that we have Galactic Season's 2 but I was surprised to see that we have to use Cartel Coins to unlock each level. That's going to be a bit much for me to spend. It doesn't look like I'll be claiming that much on the new Seasons. :(

You don't need to use CC's. Go to your Conquest tab, just above the objectives there is a tab that reads "Season Objectives" click on that, and it'll show you what activities you need to do.

• 6 months later...
Its nice to get dyes from seasons I guess, but having it drop 10 dyes in your inventory which you then have to store somewhere until you actually use them seems like a waste of storage space.

Dyes in Galactic Seasons pose two problems. The above, which is an inventory problem, and once you use them all, they are gone forever. To alleviate both, it would make more sense to add them to the GS vendor, once unlocked, and players can then purchase as many as they need, when they need them.

A vendor solves both problems. I don't have to worry about storage space, and I can create a squad in the same colors, even if the squad uniform changes.

Edited by WHTJunior