Galactic Seasons 2 Feedback

JackieKo

Here's my most recent feedback about GS (posted in the other GS S2 thread - too many threads about the same thing which is confusing):

I've been trying to do the 7 weekly GS objectives/missions as a completely solo player (ignoring anything that involves grouping of any kind including GSF/PvP) and IT'S JUST NOT POSSIBLE. I got to 5/7. As we all thought previously, we'll be forced into doing group stuff making the game (and GS) a miserable chore rather than fun entertainment. Devs, please add more ACTUALLY SOLOABLE weeklies to the GS objectives/missions please - increase the weeklies from 10 to 12 so this can be accomplished. If not you'll be seeing this post as my signature until it happens :p In addition, if you really want new players to do GS, try adding more weeklies to the GS objectives that they can actually access (e.g. Chapters can't be accessed until that content is unlocked and the correct level reached but "Asylum" was an option for my levelling test character as soon as GS became accessible).

And: can Underworld Syndicate Plans just go straight into our currency tab OR our inventory (stacked) when earned? Having to collect them from the mail all the time got old and tedious very quickly.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's definitely a bug with the "Underword Aspirant I-V" achievments, since I got all of them, while being on tier 3 1/2 on the reward track. The timing I got them each of them seems to correlate to finishing the last class story mission on a planet, at least that's when they popped up for me (while I wasn't even doing anything remotely related to galactic seasons).

I only have one thing to say which is that the rewards have definitely improved, and I'm happy that all levels will have a reward! As much as I like turning in Underworld Info cards for Reputation, it feels like an unnecessary step when the Reputation items could just be mailed directly to the player and/or have the rep items dropped instead of the Underworld info items. I'm interested to see what item we can get via the new Rep track, however, if there was a vendor for them I could not find it.

Otherwise, it looks to be in a good spot!

My feedback:

I find the new GS system confusing. unclear and I wouldn't even have found the list in the conquest window, if someone wouldn't have posted the info on this board. You should offer an ingame-tutorial.

The GS-objectives are not in the least interesting for me. It's either group content or heavy grinding. Together with the daily and weekly reset of missions, you're excluding me and my playstyle from your game.

I have already cancelled my sub, because I disliked all that I heard about 7.0.

Now, after giving it another shot on the PTS, my experience just confirms my decision. I will only renew my sub for 30 days, so that I will still be subbed at launch. But after that, I know that my playing style is completely disrupted by how you restructure the game, and I honestly don't know what else I should do in the game, if the things I like doing won't be possible anymore like now. You cannot force me to change my playing style according to your vision for this game.

So, yeah, my feedback about GS 2: not interested under the current circumstances.

Casual play is dead after 7.0.

There seems to be 10 weeklies available but only 1 daily available. It would be best to have more choices on the quests.

Yep, more solo options please (and DOABLE ones, not vet chapters that will be impossible with the gear and ability nerf).

Something seems to be off with the drops of the Underworld Syndicate Plans. I just received more plans speed running through Koriban (just class missions, finished level 10) than I did through the entirety of all the chapters of the Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne. I might have gotten one grinding through all of those chapters, and four dropped on my time on Koriban. I did see a couple on Ossus and more on Mek Sha. It really seems as if there is a much higher chance in certain areas.

• What are your thoughts about the changes made from Season 1 to Season 2?

They definitely seem to have improved things, I was never too unhappy with the selection of objectives for 1 or the cadence they were given to you however this does seem to make it less of a daily and more of a weekly event. Let's say me and a group of friends want to complete our weekly objectives, we can do that on a saturday as opposed to having to hope we all get the same daily objectives everyday like in season 1. The objectives themselves are fine, not too grindy IMO and varied enough.

• Are you experiencing any system breaking or progress stopping bugs or issues?

I haven't experienced anything game breaking but I'd appreciate if the seasons objective had a clearer UI to it. Its not always clear whether or not I've selected the conquest tab of objectives or the seasons one, I do however appreciate now that seasons has its own tab as opposed to being mixed in with conquest.

Just a little feedback on Fen himself, since this seems like a good place:

He feels so utterly, utterly redundant. Especially in comparison to Altuur, who has quickly become by far my favorite companion. Our kubaaz friend has a unique ability in each spec that makes him second-best at absolutely everything, he can wear anything you want to put on him other than a hat, and you can buy his influence up to 40-50 for just a couple million in about twenty seconds, compared to five minutes of clicking or an eight-digit expensive Compendium for anyone else. Fen's rep may end up working the same - without cartel coins it's impossible to find out what he's like on an alt, which is a severe flaw on a test server, by the way - but his appearance is incredibly limited, and his loadout is exactly the same fourth-best-DPS as Theron's, Vette's, Temple's, Q0-77's, and every single other dual-pistol companion in the game, which we're already pretty spoiled for choice on.

If you're not going to give him a unique skill set, at least let him have the much more rare 3rd-best-DPS dual-vibroblade, which (not counting the bugged DR-3D) is only accessible on one NPC for most characters, and then only if they can either solo a Star Forge or scrape up a partner to do outdated content that most people aren't doing anymore. Or give him Shae's DPS or Z0-0M's healing so we can have those best-in-slot abilities without having to listen to annoying voice lines. Right now he's just a discount Theron that I can't get free influence with in story chapters or put in a uniform that actually matches the rest of my Alliance on my military-type characters who do that sort of thing.

Season 2 Feedback:

- Shadow Syndicate reputation system: What does this even do? I did not see an explanation for what the purpose of earning reputation was, and reputation gain did not seem to give me any new missions, conversations, or items to buy. There should be a codex to explain this. If all it gives are titles, then the system is unnecessarily complex, and those titles should be put on the reward track instead.

- Open world disguise crates and terminals: Again, there is no explanation of what these are for. I could not use the terminals, and the disguises seemed to have no practical effects.

- Cosmetic rewards: The new armor sets, weapons, and decorations look great! And I like the mechanical speeders that were added. However, the ball floating above the Thurrb mounts should be removed. It appears in the middle of the screen, and at some zoom levels, blocks out a large portion of the screen. It is very distracting, and is also off-center and silly looking. Please remove that ball. The pacing of rewards feels better than before.

- Crafting material rewards: Legendary Embers are nice. But Iokath Recombinators are a vendor item. They should not be part of seasons.

- Syndicate Plans: Getting them in the mail is very annoying. They should deposit into the inventory automatically. And maybe add them to heroic rewards on the focus planets, to give an incentive to redo those.

- UI: The list of seasons objectives is nearly impossible to find, unless you know where to look. Fleet chat is going to be spammed for weeks after launch with players asking for help finding it. I would recommend adding a new tab to the Log window, dedicated to the seasons objectives and rewards. There is plenty of space for it, and that would make it easier to find. At the least, make the button more visible and fix the link from the current seasons window.

- Seasons objectives: I like that they are primarily weekly rather than daily, that will be easier for players to complete. But I think the weekly objectives should all offer the same number of seasons points. They all require a similar time commitment, so why not give 12 seasons points for each of them?

- Time required: This is a bad change from season 1. The season 1 daily objectives could be completed in about 30 minutes per day, and the weekly objectives (depending on luck) were often completed by finishing the daily objectives. So even someone playing about 5 hours a week could complete most of their objectives. But now, the daily objective still takes 15-20 minutes daily to achieve, and the weekly missions take 1-2 hours each when you factor in the time it takes to find a group or get a queue pop. A player would have to spend at least 15 hours a week to complete all their objectives, which is a much larger commitment, and is worse than season 1. I suggest cutting most of the weekly objective requirements in half to fix this.

As noted in the general PTS thread, Galactic Seasons 2 is now active on PTS.

[*]What are your thoughts about the changes made from Season 1 to Season 2?

Note that all feedback will be used to continue to refine future Seasons!

Season 1 did GREAT JOB at encouraging players off theirr beaten path. People ended up doing stuff they otherwise wouldn't. Quite a few players discovered their love for aspects of this game they had ignored for years. As a result, season 1 was so much more important and relevant than just some new reward vendor.

More options people have, less common it is for people to try new things. Like..if there are four objectives leading to familiar super accessible activities and two objectives to unfamiliar challenging things, people do the four familiar accessible things every time. Until they are bored of the game and quit.

Edited by Stradlin

Agree with the previous post RE the dyes.

Overall happy with the seasons objectives so far. I have completed all weeklies bar the Coreward one as I started a new toon and working on reach that level. I am fairly strictly a solo player so I'll remain happy as long as I'm not forced into content I don't do (ops) and will never do, no matter the carrot (gsf, pvp). I play in a timezone with very few on the PTS so appreciate that I've only had to do two solo FPs to get this far. Will see how it goes into Jan.

First the companion: Can we please put him in custom gear like we could Altuur? It's getting old pretty quickly, when everyone around you has exactly the same companion. For Altuur you went so far as to give us a customisation that works with hoods. With Fen Zeil all we can do is eventually change his skin color. Why?

Second, Galactic season objectives: allowing us to chose what to do is great, but when some objectives grant more points than others, there is no actual choice. I'd say, make all weekly objectives grant the same amount of GS points, either by reducing the effort for the 12 point objectives, so they are worth only 6 points, or by making 12 point objectives count twice for the weeky counter, and capping the weekly points at 42.

Otherwise players will focus on the more valuable objectives, to the point where they refuse to do anything else when they are at 6/7, out of fear of accidentally finishing a 6 point weekly and losing out on a 12 point objective.

Second, Galactic season objectives: allowing us to chose what to do is great, but when some objectives grant more points than others, there is no actual choice. I'd say, make all weekly objectives grant the same amount of GS points, either by reducing the effort for the 12 point objectives, so they are worth only 6 points, or by making 12 point objectives count twice for the weeky counter, and capping the weekly points at 42.

Otherwise players will focus on the more valuable objectives, to the point where they refuse to do anything else when they are at 6/7, out of fear of accidentally finishing a 6 point weekly and losing out on a 12 point objective.

Agreed, it's really a dumb design.

Fun bug - picking up any one weekly will take others away from your solo tab... But apparently relogging works.

So, you know, FUN TIMES.

And if you WALK into the terminal, it won't allow you to pick up the weekly either - which is SUPREMELY DUMB. Sometimes, i just want to do story in story order, I don't want to wait until the damn Galactic Season or Conquest or Rotation in GF wants me to do, say, Czerka storyline or freaking Yavin, or whatever. You wanna take it out of the solo tab? FINE. But let me walk to the terminal and choose to do it anyway.

The constant mails you get for achieving the galactic seasons mission are eally annoying. The player should just get the underworld data automatically instead of having to take them from mail.

Having to turn them in for reputation is a bit annoying too. If the syndicate data were reputation items in itself it would be better.

The new focus on weeklys is very nice though, and having to hit conquest for the daily is also very comfortable as just playing the game gives you progress. Most of the weeklies are doable.

For the crafting mission where you have to craft invasion force, I'd rather have the optoin to craft an amount of Prefabs as an alternative, since prefabs can be easier crafted at low level, while invasion force requires a player to have maxe out certain crew skills.

(Thurb walking animation looks very silly and slow. Maybe a different animation rig would look better.)

So I'm looking at the Seasons Objectives and I think 'The Seat of the Empire' looks doable, 10 missions & 100 enemies across Taris, Oricon, Yavin 4, Ziost or Dantooine. I know Yavin 4 has 8 dailies and a bunch of mobs & I feel like popping over to Ziost for other 2 dailies. Except the weekly is not available for either of these planets. In fact, there's no weekly available for any of these planets. Taris is up for Heroics but I hate Taris :rolleyes:

If frustrating your player base was your goal, you guys have aced it. If this isn't what you're trying to accomplish, I have no clue what you're doing.

If frustrating your player base was your goal, you guys have aced it. If this isn't what you're trying to accomplish, I have no clue what you're doing.

I concur and yes this is a rant.

I said already that a solo player, focused only on soloable (non-group) activities with one character will not be able to complete the 7 GS weeklies. It was mentioned long ago when they decided to "improve" GS, ignored us and went ahead with this mess anyway. If you're an altoholic (like me) and prepared to do PvP (even though it's crap) and GSF (even though that will be crap for many due to medals needed even though your poorly equipped ship is dire) the 7 weekly objectives can be done but it will be a slog-fest of most the hated areas/activities. Who thought adding Iokath to one of the weeklies was a good thing? Your other option is x2 CZ weeklies so players with one character will have to either level another or suffer Iokath. And as for 8 flashpoints? Nope. Doing 5 before was bad enough but at least you could do x5 Hammer station and spread that over as long as you could be bothered (for the 5 Vet FS required for the weekly via the groupfinder). Now, with the "everything resets daily/weekly because we hate casual/solo players doing what they want" it's hellish. And before anyone asks, no you can't stealth through them quickly (avoiding trash, crappy bosses) any more because the new stealth detect unstealths you from 5 miles away and through walls (I hope the through walls thing is a bug but I suspect it's not).

I'm seriously thinking of just collecting my CC rewards and paying for the entire GS season instead because as it is, it's no fun on the PTS and will be no fun live.

And as the for the new Shadow Syndicate reputation, can someone please tell me what's the point of it? And why is Qi'us Dnar, the NPC you have to hand Underworld Syndicate Plans to not more obvious? Every time I go to hand some in, I have to run around lower promenade looking for her. Put her in an obvious room or give her a big sign or something. At the very least, highlight her on the map and the mini map. I really don't want to have to waste a character slot just to have an alt stand by her to hand-in plans :mad: