Maintenance: June 29, 2021

CommunityTeam

Hi,

All SWTOR servers are once again available!

Thank you for your patience.

lost connection to servers twice in the last 60 minutes between 2:30pm and 3:30pm EST. this is highly unusual for me, and it's not an internet connection issue. it's an issue connecting specifically with the SWTOR servers. not sure if related to patch but...

edit: I see the 2nd time coincides with the purposeful shutdown of servers.

Edited by CheesyEZ

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing they are testing is our patience.

All The Best

That's for sure. Getting old real fast. Really hope they can get some more people hired for internal testing, as it's badly needed.

Edited by Otowi
Typo

Hi everyone,

We will be taking down servers in 15 minutes to fix the Priority Objectives not progressing bug. We'll send out an update you when the servers are back up.

Excellent idea! During prime time. For a not really game breaking bug.

:confused:

Well, that's just peachy. That's the entire day gone with little play time, and even more downtime. :( Great, just great.

Getting real tired of all the bugs patch after patch. Is no one testing anything over there BW?

If so, they should be fired. Every new feature or even fix that is implemented has major issues, every single time. And yes, things slip through in all games, but it really does seems like the playerbase here are the testers, which is pretty backward when we're paying EAware, instead of getting payed to test. What do the sub fees go toward? Where does the money from the CM from players lovingly referred to as "whales" go? Not toward QA, that's for sure.

Why are people getting annoyed? this is how they operate with EVERY SINGLE patch deployment, they either have extended downtime with no ETA immediately after the original ETA or they pull the servers a few hours later with surprise extended downtime.

literally every single patch, with the amount of bank they're making through the CM alone they could have got a public test server running by now to avoid these problems but at this point they're following an ethos of minimal effort but maximum reward.

This, so much this.

they're based in Texas, USA. The major populations are east and west coast USA (SF, SS). The shutdown occured ~3:30pm EST US. Three hours later on the west coast. That is not even close to prime time. Unless you want to say "it's prime o'clock somewhere..."

they're based in Texas, USA. The major populations are east and west coast USA (SF, SS). The shutdown occured ~3:30pm EST US. Three hours later on the west coast. That is not even close to prime time. Unless you want to say "it's prime o'clock somewhere..."

It's always prime oclock somewhere ;) But yup, it's primetime in the EU

I know this is difficult to grasp for some people, but 93.9 % of the world exists OUTSIDE of US borders.

All The Best

Nice to see Paxton Rall inside the Odessen base playing chess with Niko in the smuggler area, but if you talk to Paxton, you end up giving Niko a lap dance. I don't think Niko minds, but.....

And Lana is telling my Knight about using a certain red-skinned Mandalorian that he doesn't even know about or have since he isn't a Smuggler or Bounty Hunter

That is because they need to use a Mandalorian for a specific mission Shae requested on the holo and (1) If you have Torian he is on another mission (2) If you don't then she is the only one that can do that. There was also a choice that you can choose that says you trust her judgment.

Thank you for putting Theron there with Lana.

The sight of him alone made my night even though he didn't say anything.

If you have a republic character he does talk when they are discussion Malgus as he speaks about what the Jedi are doing. If you are sith, then no but then again he probably wouldn't have much information since it has to do with the sith.

Why are people getting annoyed? this is how they operate with EVERY SINGLE patch deployment, they either have extended downtime with no ETA immediately after the original ETA or they pull the servers a few hours later with surprise extended downtime.

literally every single patch, with the amount of bank they're making through the CM alone they could have got a public test server running by now to avoid these problems but at this point they're following an ethos of minimal effort but maximum reward.

The reason people get annoyed is that it should not happen in the first place. It gets annoying for this to happen so often as it does.

It also hit in EU prime time, wich is obviously not a good thing, but I realize that updates have to happen when the devs are there. I think it would have been better to do this tomorrow, so as not haveing to have so much down time in one day.

Edited by Otowi

I just started getting used to the game, so the servers all began to change and drop) I also don't understand English very well, and I like to read all the news with a translator. I will hope that they will quickly fix the errors and return the servers to work.

Hi everyone,

Servers are back up. Thank you for your patience.

I was just about to say, only tulak horde was live, the only server I've no chars on, but then the others popped up...lol

*Not a complaint, just thought it was funny.

Oh, and thank you for fixing it :)

Edited by DarkTergon

I know this is difficult to grasp for some people, but 93.9 % of the world exists OUTSIDE of US borders.

All The Best

I know this is difficult for some people to grasp, but the business running the game is in one time zone and...yeah, that's the US. where the largest server is.

Best