Issues with logging in

JackieKo

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you losers expect us to pay for data to redownload the game this is your mistake and you guys should be the ones paying either give people 30 days of free game time or 2400 CC not sure what's worse the Indian offshore support that can't understand English very well or the dev team being incompetent that can't even create decent content.

Can we get a little help here at all? If so you might just keep my subscription..

Surely we could go in and delete the files in the update..

Even a small patch can make many small changes and if even 1 thing is altered in an asset file, youll need to redownload that asset file since this game, like most MMORPGs, do not have a rollback feature.

I have to re-download the entire game on DSL @ 500kb/s ? You realize that takes people 2-3 days to do right? Cancelled my sub, bought Shadowlands last week thankfully! WoW is gonna get my sub for the next 6 months while I let your game re-download if I remember to open the launcher when I'm afk. Good work!

Hi everyone,

A patch of the game was made available when it was not ready to be deployed. This has caused players who use the game launcher to not be able to log into the game. Steam and Bitraider players are not affected by this issue. This will only impact users who tried to log-in in the last few hours.

We have issued a fix that will now automatically deploy the correct version of the game. For anyone who was in the "unable to login" state, logging into the launcher will automatically begin a redownload of the game.

If you continue to have issues, please report it here.

We wholeheartedly apologize for the inconvenience and thank you all for your patience.

Even a small patch can make many small changes and if even 1 thing is altered in an asset file, youll need to redownload that asset file since this game, like most MMORPGs, do not have a rollback feature.

actually they have rolled back before, now maybe this is different, I don't know, but they 'can' do rollbacks at times

good reminder for ppl to start using steam

A good way to get a bunch of people to cancel subs and quit game too. "Oops, we messed up 50 KBs around here and there. You're still going to have to download full game to fix the issue because of what those 50KBs did".

Edited by memerobot

It is essentially the whole game.

Hmm, okay. So, I just logged in on my main computer, which did not download the broken patch, received no download, and was able to log into the game. Does that mean that if I restore my second computer with the backup I have on my external drive, which is from February, that I will only need to update from then and not download the whole game? Considering it only takes 20-mins to copy the game over from my external drive I think I will try that rather than waste 40 gigs of my 100 gig metered connection.

actually they have rolled back before, now maybe this is different, I don't know, but they 'can' do rollbacks at times

They have rolled back the servers, not files on our end. That is actually impossible to do. The files that were changed have to be replaced with correct versions. This game uses large asset files and thus, the download is large.

Hmm, okay. So, I just logged in on my main computer, which did not download the broken patch, received no download, and was able to log into the game. Does that mean that if I restore my second computer with the backup I have on my external drive, which is from February, that I will only need to update from then and not download the whole game? Considering it only takes 20-mins to copy the game over from my external drive I think I will try that rather than waste 40 gigs of my 100 gig metered connection.

That works IF both systems have the same operating system file structure IE 64 or 32. I do not recall if they ever made a 64bit client for this game or not so cant say it will work if they are different or not.

It is essentially the whole game.

Can you tell us if this is intended and if that is meant to be the only solution to fix it, or if by tomorrow a simple patch/rollback/whatever faster than downloading a massive amount data will be able to fix it?

Because my with the poor bandwidth I have, I really don't want to spend all night redownloading everything if by tomorrow we have a simple fix for it.

Thanks

Redownloading the entire game is your solution? Really? There goes all the free time I had to play today. This isn't the first time your update bugs have robbed me of days off my subscription, but it will be the last.

They have rolled back the servers, not files on our end. That is actually impossible to do. The files that were changed have to be replaced with correct versions. This game uses large asset files and thus, the download is large.

ah, ok, :) that sucks, just glad I didn't log in on my non steam version.

Hi everyone,

A patch of the game was made available when it was not ready to be deployed. This has caused players who use the game launcher to not be able to log into the game. Steam and Bitraider players are not affected by this issue. This will only impact users who tried to log-in in the last few hours.

We have issued a fix that will now automatically deploy the correct version of the game. For anyone who was in the "unable to login" state, logging into the launcher will automatically begin a redownload of the game.

If you continue to have issues, please report it here.

We wholeheartedly apologize for the inconvenience and thank you all for your patience.

Hi Jackie, do we get a days worth of game time added to our accounts from our lack of ability to log in because of this error, or should we just expect to have this stuff happen with no compensation from bioware?

This isn't the first time your update bugs have robbed me of days off my subscription, but it will be the last.

My enthusiasm for this game has been waning lately. I haven't felt much inclination to do more than complete a weekly Personal Conquest, claim Login Rewards, and do the Priority Objectives for Galactic Seasons.

I think, on some level, I've been looking for an excuse to just leave the game altogether.

This might be it.