Issues with logging in

JackieKo

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all bitraider users, no matter what we do, we redownload the darn game. always this happend from day 1 that we faced provlems like this. Bitraider not let you do half work. Even if you keep it in a flash drive and c/p it, still we redownload the whole game. Edited by Kissakias

so you losers expect us to pay for data to redownload the game this is your mistake and you guys should be the ones paying either give people 30 days of free game time or 2400 CC not sure what's worse the Indian offshore support that can't understand English very well or the dev team being incompetent that can't even create decent content.

It should be a straight reimbursement. I don’t need/want CCs. I had just redownloaded the game due to issues with bitraider and now it would put me over my data cap. Going over the data cap would cost me much more.

Edited by Eriamea

:eek::eek::eek: The whole game? or a patch to fix the issue?

:rak_03: So I literly just got done redownloading the game from when I started having this issue like 3 hours ago. Now the new patch is making me redownload it again. I'm not even mad. I'm very amused and enjoying my tv for the moment.

:rak_03: So I literly just got done redownloading the game from when I started having this issue like 3 hours ago. Now the new patch is making me redownload it again. I'm not even mad. I'm very amused and enjoying my tv for the moment.

u kiding? u redownload the game from start for 2nd time?

Hmm, okay. So, I just logged in on my main computer, which did not download the broken patch, received no download, and was able to log into the game. Does that mean that if I restore my second computer with the backup I have on my external drive, which is from February, that I will only need to update from then and not download the whole game? Considering it only takes 20-mins to copy the game over from my external drive I think I will try that rather than waste 40 gigs of my 100 gig metered connection.

My old backup worked. I had to download a couple gigs of updates since it was from February but I am already back in game on my second computer, the one that received the fubar patch.

If you have a fairly recent backup of the game that would be a quicker way to get back up and running. If you do not then it might be a good idea to start keeping one. I am going to start updating my backup more frequently.

good reminder for ppl to start using steam

Not everyone can use Steam or wants to. So that’s not an option for some of us.

I can’t use steam because it doesn’t support WTFast gaming VPN anymore. And I can’t play swtor without WTFast to lower my ping and stabilise it. So that completely rules out using it.

For the record, I did try using it when they released on steam last year. That’s when I found out steam no longer supports the use of WTFast and possibly not other VPN’s either (at least not officially). I tried to get WTFast to work and in the end I had to uninstall and do a clean reinstall of swtor loader without bitraider or steam.

I can understand why some people are pissed. Luckily I haven’t logged in since late last night.

Hi Jackie, Has this now been fixed? Is it safe for me to log in yet without triggering a reinstall?

So the game is re-downloading. PLEASE tell me I am not downloading bitraider.

Because if I am, I have to wait for this download to finish, remove bitraider, then re-download AGAIN. omg:(

Probably will be. If I was you, I would stop the download and visit the EA help on installing without bitraider. There is a way you can do it without bitraider and having to redownload it all again. I did it last year and it’s much faster.

Sorry, I’m on my phone or id try and find the link.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

My old backup worked. I had to download a couple gigs of updates since it was from February but I am already back in game on my second computer, the one that received the fubar patch.

If you have a fairly recent backup of the game that would be a quicker way to get back up and running. If you do not then it might be a good idea to start keeping one. I am going to start updating my backup more frequently.

As a previous poster reported I am also currently on my second download of the whole game (90% through). If that does not work I will try your idea of restoring from a backup that I made about a month ago, but since it's now midnight that will have to wait till tomorrow.

Real Pain.

Luckily I haven’t logged in since late last night.

Hi Jackie, Has this now been fixed? Is it safe for me to log in yet without triggering a reinstall?

If you did not download the fubar patch then you can log in. At the time of the issue I was logged in to both of my accounts. Whilst switching servers my second computer crashed and upon logging back in receive the fubar patch. I tried waiting for it to come back up but was stuck on the loading screen. I closed out of the game on my main computer and did not try logging back in. On my second computer I restored the game from a February backup I had on my external drive and had to update from there but was able to log in. On my main computer, which never downloaded the fubar patch, I was able to log in and load up a character.

As a previous poster reported I am also currently on my second download of the whole game (90% through). If that does not work I will try your idea of restoring from a backup that I made about a month ago, but since it's now midnight that will have to wait till tomorrow.

Real Pain.

I am going to start updating my backups every couple updates. It would be a huge hit to me if I had to download the entire game now that I am on a metered connection. 100 gigs is usually enough for me, but something like that would be a problem.

Edited by ceryxp

If you did not download the fubar patch then you can log in. At the time of the issue I was logged in to both of my accounts. Whilst switching servers my second computer crashed and upon logging back in receive the fubar patch. I tried waiting for it to come back up but was stuck on the loading screen. I closed out of the game on my main computer and did not try logging back in. On my second computer I restored the game from a February backup I had on my external drive and had to update from there but was able to log in. On my main computer, which never downloaded the fubar patch, I was able to log in and load up a character.

Thanks for the info. How many hours ago was that cause I was still logged in around 2-3am my time, which was about 6 hours ago.

all bitraider users, no matter what we do, we redownload the darn game. always this happend from day 1 that we faced provlems like this. Bitraider not let you do half work. Even if you keep it in a flash drive and c/p it, still we redownload the whole game.

If you are downloading anyway, now is a good time to do it without bitraider. I will try and find the EA link.

Here is the EA help link https://help.ea.com/au/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-launcher-troubleshooting-guide/

I found last year if I down load the launcher with bit raider and start the patch and then stop it before it goes to far. I can then skip to the steps of deleting bitraider. At this point you’ve hardly downloaded anything besides the launcher and when you get rid of bitraider, it starts to redownload again without it.

This way you don’t have to fully download with bit raider and then delete at the end and redownload everything again. Saves time and data to do it this way.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Hi everyone,

A patch of the game was made available when it was not ready to be deployed. This has caused players who use the game launcher to not be able to log into the game. Steam and Bitraider players are not affected by this issue. This will only impact users who tried to log-in in the last few hours.

We have issued a fix that will now automatically deploy the correct version of the game. For anyone who was in the "unable to login" state, logging into the launcher will automatically begin a redownload of the game.

If you continue to have issues, please report it here.

We wholeheartedly apologize for the inconvenience and thank you all for your patience.

Just cancelled my subscription. Won't be renewing unless there's some form of compensation for this. This is going to take over a day to recover from and eat a ton of my bandwidth... https://imgur.com/9dwi5vu

Thanks for the info. How many hours ago was that cause I was still logged in around 2-3am my time, which was about 6 hours ago.

The first reports started showing up on the forums at ~12:30 MDT (I do not remember your timezone but that would be 04:30 AEST). As I said, I was logged in on both computers at that time. When I made my first comment at 13:05 MDT it was after after my second computer had already received the fubar patch and I tried to do a repair. I exited the game on my main computer at that time and did not attempt to log in again until ~15:15 MDT (07:15 AEST) at which time I was able to get in without issue. If you have not attempted to log in since at least 04:30 AEST, maybe earlier as we do not know exactly when the fubar patch was pushed out, then you should be okay.

The first reports started showing up on the forums at ~12:30 MDT (I do not remember your timezone but that would be 04:30 AEST). As I said, I was logged in on both computers at that time. When I made my first comment at 13:05 MDT it was after after my second computer had already received the fubar patch and I tried to do a repair. I exited the game on my main computer at that time and did not attempt to log in again until ~15:15 MDT (07:15 AEST) at which time I was able to get in without issue. If you have not attempted to log in since at least 04:30 AEST, maybe earlier as we do not know exactly when the fubar patch was pushed out, then you should be okay.

Ok thanks. I will test in out in a while. If its fubar I will restore from a back up too.

That was fun :(

I just love having to redo all of my UI and preference settings. We really need some compensation for this.

You can save all of that data and it’s usually not written over even if you reinstall. It’s in a totally different folder to swtor and if you don’t uninstall, it will still be there. It’s a hidden directory under AppData, local, swtor. Your UI and keybind files are stored there. You need to go into Windows folder options to show hidden files, then it is under your Windows user folder options.

Holy carp !!!! What about people on bad connections. If you didn't play earlier, and didn't d/l the new patch, I'm assuming you're ok?

I had left the game running overnight. It is running OK. But this has got to take the cake. They don't have any process around when, and how a patch is moved into production? No control on who can do it, no Change Approval Board or anything?!

That was fun :(

I just love having to redo all of my UI and preference settings. We really need some compensation for this.

Why did you have to do that over? That information is not in your install folder and is not touched by updates or even an uninstall/reinstall.

If you are downloading anyway, now is a good time to do it without bitraider. I will try and find the EA link.

Here is the EA help link https://help.ea.com/au/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-launcher-troubleshooting-guide/

I found last year if I down load the launcher with bit raider and start the patch and then stop it before it goes to far. I can then skip to the steps of deleting bitraider. At this point you’ve hardly downloaded anything besides the launcher and when you get rid of bitraider, it starts to redownload again without it.

This way you don’t have to fully download with bit raider and then delete at the end and redownload everything again. Saves time and data to do it this way.

dont know about u, but tried years ago and still in next patch asked to redwonload the whole game and with bitraider coz refused to so otherwise