The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Bandelederen

You guys really need to stop using total damage done in a match as a reason for something being UP or OP. Damage done in a warzone has no bearing one OP or UP. just like it meant **** in WoW. Honestly these forums look like the terrible WoW forums. Oh and class population means jack crap too, stop using that as a reason. Scoundrels and Operatives clearing don't have the same population for lore/design factors, it has nothing to do with their proposed strength or weakness.

Also please never use Hutt ball as a reason for OP/UP. Hutt ball clearly favors certain classes, and one of those is not an operative.

With that said not enough people have full PvP gear and are level 50 to really determine anything yet. Operatives may be OP but until we can honestly say that they are fighting other level 50's that are as geared as they are, we can't make any determinations.

Of course this speaks to the larger problem of mixing up 10-50 PvP and not doing cross server PvP.

Know with all that being said i have seen some Operatives/Scoundrel respond with the typical "don't nerf me bro". Even some that are very blatant , with zero objective response. People really need to be more objective and less biased.

Operatives/Scoundrels are strong imo, possibly too strong but outside of one Warzone none of them play to their strengths.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway. Fact remains, they are immensely OP and their damage needs to be turned down ALOT.

They are atm the gods of pvp.

yes they are....was crit for 5.6k by a operative....was dead in less than 3secs....do they not have GCD's? does it seems like you get hit by 3 different attacks so god damn fast.

Here is the funny thing,

Sage/Sorc= bubble + CC + heals + dots + Force speed

Shadow/Assassin= CC + same type of moves as a OP, but has Force speed and light armor

Vanguard/Powertech= Shield + bubble + CC + dots (Tank would be high hp)

Guardian/Jugg= Stuns + Shield + high hp (can't be kited, has to be taken down quick or its a GG)

That leaves Mar/Sent which gets beat up by a OP

Merc/Commando= that is a pain in *** to take down due the damage and bubble shield they have + stuns and heals

Also another Agent/Smug which gets bet up by their own class.

So because a burst ROGUE class burst, you want to nerf the damage and leave the high damage on all the other classes and defense?

Do you actually think a opener with a OP is easy dealing with all the CC and defense all the other classes have in this game?

OP isn't even a stun lock, its a burst lock.

You people crack me up with the crying about a rogue class beating you up.

stop being stupid pretty please.....a class that cloaks opens with face plant then 5k right into a 3k with a finisher then /lol vanish.....yeah go **** yourself the agent/smug is *********** OP as ****

Lower my damage but give me something in return like a knock back on one of my abilities. You catch me out of stealth and sometimes I have to just stand there because there's no point in trying.

The RNG on the bags made people get lucky. Out of at least 30 bags, I have 4 pieces and still building to the main hand. My buddy, which plays every game with me is full everything decked out.

To get stupid numbers you guys are receiving, you're facing the lucky ones that are geared out. But then again, I can give stupid numbers off all classes that are decked out fighting anything but...

Keep complaining, get your ways, the nerf comes, you then are happy, people complain about you, you get nerfed, and we have wow all over. And that was fun hu?

Anyway. Fact remains, they are immensely OP and their damage needs to be turned down ALOT.

They are atm the gods of pvp.

Commando's would like to say hi.

As a 50 PVP geared commando I kill 50 geared Imp Op's without trouble if I have my trinket available. They can't backstab while I channel gravround. Autoface FTW. I out dps them everytime.

So if a commando/merc can kill a god, what does that make them?

I reached a level 50 bountyhunter bodyguard.

I've got 7.25% expertise, 33% damage reduction from armor.

And an 50 operative can bring me to 50% while I'm in his stun. We don't always have all our CDs to pop, and unless we do, we're good as dead. How is that balanced.

Because if the operative doesn't have all his cd's ready as well, he won't kill you. If you both have your cd's ready, the better player will win.

I don't mind the burst, the fact is we have no defense against the class and that's a problem.

Even if I use escape, then I get stunned again and any squishy class is going to die.

There needs to be some sort of defense, some way for us to detect them before they hit us.

Not all of us classes get detect stealth.

you clearly are not reading the thread... amored hard hitting BH's and tanks have responded.. they still die or are almost dead after initial burst. what good does armor do if you can pre-load while in stealth 50% armor pen?

1v1 on my commando that get's knocked down (level 50 and both geared), I win the fight with about 35-40% of my health. I played the scrapper (Operative equiv) and understand how they work. Commando's can totally burst them down. You can also tricket the knockdown instantly and use your aoe talented knockback before their GDC is up for another attack. I do it all the time.

I love hearing the 'swish' noise of operatives in warzones because I love making them think twice about popping out of stealth.

Of course, I did get owned by operatives at first because I didn't understand how to beat it.

Merc/commando > OP.

1v1 on my commando that get's knocked down (level 50 and both geared), I win the fight with about 35-40% of my health. I played the scrapper (Operative equiv) and understand how they work. Commando's can totally burst them down. You can also tricket the knockdown instantly and use your aoe talented knockback before their GDC is up for another attack. I do it all the time.

I love hearing the 'swish' noise of operatives in warzones because I love making them think twice about popping out of stealth.

Of course, I did get owned by operatives at first because I didn't understand how to beat it.

Merc/commando > OP.

Not everyone is a Merc in Heavy armor -.-

Commando's would like to say hi.

As a 50 PVP geared commando I kill 50 geared Imp Op's without trouble if I have my trinket available. They can't backstab while I channel gravround. Autoface FTW. I out dps them everytime.

So if a commando/merc can kill a god, what does that make them?

Autoface takes zero skill, while moving to get positionals takes skill. Do you see a problem here? I do.

I'll never respect any autofacing turret class. Although I understand why they are in the game.

These forums are funny. While I do think the operative is doing too much damage atm, most people aren't 50 and don't have the gear yet, so we don't know how the operative plays in the meta end game. The high burst damage might be needed for their intended role.

Wait for bioware to get the metrics and if they don't think it's right they will fix it and remember this game is not balanced for 1v1 gameplay.

Edited by Orangerascal

These forums are funny. While I do think the operative is doing too much damage atm, most people aren't 50 and don't have the gear yet, so we don't know how the operative plays in the meta end game. The high burst damage might be needed for their intended role.

Wait for bioware to get the metrics and if they don't think it's right they will fix it and remember this game is not balanced for 1v1 gameplay.

Nothing valid being posted in this PvP forum is news to BW. The beta testers explained about Scoundrels, Operatives and SI's all during closed beta. The lack of any tier at all in warzones speaks volumes. Clearly, PvP, if it's on the list, is at the bottom. This is a PvE game and the PvP is frustrating many for valid reasons that BW is responsible for.

This is getting rather tedious. Everyone knows Scoundrels/Operatives will recieve a nerf eventually. We got a few of these classes and others coming into this thread who are either:

1. Baddies and can't produce these results themselves thereby doesn't think they need a nerf.

2. People who, even though they know their class is super OP, comes into this thread proclaiming they arent, in the hope that they won't nerf them so they can reign supreme for longer.

The only question is.

How long will it take them to fix?

Some people say this is a PvE game. Sure but im here for the PvP though, so if this persists beyond the free month, perhaps +1 more, im out of here. And I know alot of others who are too. I know you don't care, but Bioware cares, 'caus they want the PvP'ers money. Which they won't get if this goes on for too long.

Got two 50 vids up.

Those videos basically show exactly why the damage on some skills is beyond broken.

Press one of two buttons and have insta-cast 2-6k crits.........on GCD........

If you think someone being able to spam a few buttons and hit for 2k+ each time ON A GCD is balanced/skill/correct.......you are insane.

Those videos basically show exactly why the damage on some skills is beyond broken.

Press one of two buttons and have insta-cast 2-6k crits.........on GCD........

If you think someone being able to spam a few buttons and hit for 2k+ each time ON A GCD is balanced/skill/correct.......you are insane.

This entire thread, and on my vids, I say the class needs tweaked. Don't act like I'm against a nerf. And "spam a few buttons"? Please.

Edited by Reenolols

90% of the time you spam Q/E/T :confused::confused::confused:

30pages = TLDNR

That's the class? Sorcs spam force lightning, Mercs spam tracer missile, Maras spam vicious slash, this nets damage. Every class is "spamming a few buttons". I guess I never used the other 30 abilities.