GSF now pops faster than PvP

TrixxieTriss

Anyone noticed how GSF now pops faster than PvP does. Considering it was nearly dead 12 months ago, that’s a pretty good come back. But it also says a lot about pvp’s sorry state.

(It’s also faster to get conquest done than crafting ever was)

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Sure we noticed, its mainly due to the fragments farm. Also, when playing you get fleet coms and can buy the starship level 9 upgrades and sell them on GTN for 10 mil each.

What fragments. Do you mean tech fragments. How is that any different to farming fragments doing any other content like uprisings or flash points?

What are these starship lvl 9 upgrades you speak of and with vendor? It’s obviously not the fleet vendor that sells the space ship upgrade for your pve missions as I’ve never seen these grade 9 upgrades at that vendor.

or run into the walls over and over.

That’s me cause I’m terribly bad. That and getting killed over and over by god knows who because you can’t zoom out to see whose attacking you (I hate 1st person shooters, which is what this is, except in space). I really hate GSF personally, but with the Nerf to crafting, this is now the best way for me to get conquest on characters who need some extra points without wasting them.

I certainly don’t want Bioware to Nerf CQ GSF. But what I would like is reg pvp having the same system as GSF to make it fairer.

That’s me cause I’m terribly bad. That and getting killed over and over by god knows who because you can’t zoom out to see whose attacking you (I hate 1st person shooters, which is what this is, except in space). I really hate GSF personally, but with the Nerf to crafting, this is now the best way for me to get conquest on characters who need some extra points without wasting them.

I certainly don’t want Bioware to Nerf CQ GSF. But what I would like is reg pvp having the same system as GSF to make it fairer.

lol, no I'm the same, I'm not a great pilot..lol, what I meant were people who launch, and go afk, the ship heads for the wall, by the time it hits and blows, they come back, and do it again. But they don't get kicked because they die before it reaches that point. They could also be bots, people were complaining about that too. /shrug

It's one of the reasons I started GSF, because of the crafting nerf, and I've said this on multiple threads, I feel sorry for the team I land on, because , no matter how hard I try, I'll never be a good pilot. But I was being forced in to content I didn't want to do, because they took away things I did :/

Unlike players that tried to nerf content they don't play, I full agree with you, I don't think they should nerf it. In fact, going back to last year, despite what certain person claims, most of us fully supported buffing GSF CQ, Personally I don't think the current PVP model is a good idea, it's not even good for PvP, but I agree with the 4 to 1 win ratio you were proposing for pvp, and having it with gsf too.

lol, no I'm the same, I'm not a great pilot..lol, what I meant were people who launch, and go afk, the ship heads for the wall, by the time it hits and blows, they come back, and do it again. But they don't get kicked because they die before it reaches that point. They could also be bots, people were complaining about that too. /shrug

It's one of the reasons I started GSF, because of the crafting nerf, and I've said this on multiple threads, I feel sorry for the team I land on, because , no matter how hard I try, I'll never be a good pilot. But I was being forced in to content I didn't want to do, because they took away things I did :/

Unlike players that tried to nerf content they don't play, I full agree with you, I don't think they should nerf it. In fact, going back to last year, despite what certain person claims, most of us fully supported buffing GSF CQ, Personally I don't think the current PVP model is a good idea, it's not even good for PvP, but I agree with the 4 to 1 win ratio you were proposing for pvp, and having it with gsf too.

Imagine if pvp had similar CQ achievements as GSF. It’s would be more fun and have more people playing.

Like the play x type of ship in 5 matches and get 85,000 points. I’d like to see something like play a warrior or inquisitor or BH or agent in 5 matches.

It might encourage people to learn different classes and how they play in pvp, which would also benefit their pve skills too and maybe even get them lvling up classes they’d never tried before.

Of course I don’t think it should be participation only trophy like GSF. I would like to see them go back to the points system for win : losses and make it 4:1 or even 3:1.

Did you see my other suggestion about adding an arena only reg queue that has a weekly tied to completing both for arena and objective weekly for conquest.

What ever is going to happen, it better happen soon or reg pvp is going to die in this game for good.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

What ever is going to happen, it better happen soon or reg pvp is going to die in this game for good.

lol you been saying those types of sky-is-falling things since 2017 , /tease

p.s. GSF is awesome and i been playing it for years, regardless of the current poppin' trend. I like it cuz it takes more RL skills than most other aspects of SWTOR. Still not nearly as good as SWG's JTL space-combat, but nevertheless fun. If only BioWare agreed and would re-code GSF with PVE missions & joystick support. :(

Edited by Nee-Elder
please pay attention to GSF soon....please

p.s. GSF is awesome and i been playing it for years, regardless of the current poppin' trend. I like it cuz it takes more RL skills than most other aspects of SWTOR. Still not nearly as good as SWG's JTL space-combat, but nevertheless fun. If only BioWare agreed and would re-code GSF with PVE missions & joystick support. :(

What RL skills are you equating GSF to? Certainly not fly a plane or driving a car.

*** Trixx has made her comments as well as A LOT of other folks about PvP since before 2017 .... and probably because they were RIGHT !! (Hey ... don't look at me. The forums have been filled with that sort of stuff. It's no great secret that PvP really has needed a lot of love). Even though I don't do PvP any more (too slow these days) ... I support the "give PvP" the help it needs !!

*** I also agree that you are right about GSF would be better if they returned it to PvE missions with joystick controls ( I have a really nice Saitek X-45 and an X-52 lying around here somewhere ) . I'd love to knock the dust off of them ... provided the new PvE would take the game off the rails and cut it loose !! Now THAT would be SWEET !!!

That’s me cause I’m terribly bad.

That and getting killed over and over by god knows who because you can’t zoom out to see whose attacking you (I hate 1st person shooters, which is what this is, except in space). I really hate GSF personally, but with the Nerf to crafting, this is now the best way for me to get conquest on characters who need some extra points without wasting them.

Regs are in real sad/ridiculous state atm and should def be buffed/fixed. The zero sum approach to winning/losing was a real bad idea. Besides that, they always suffer from 3 seperate q pools and itemization.

Everybody I've ever met has always been bad at gsf at first. My self most def included. If you find a way to have some fun despite this, all the rest takes care of itself in time. Once you get better, GSF turns awesome.

Re:lack of zoom,

Be sure to customize gsf ui. Make the map as big as you can. Map in GSF isn't all that much about helping navigation. Rather, it is a crude 2d radar. Keep checking it with corner of your eye , you start spotting when somebody is going after you. Also, remember to use "last enemy to attack me" key often. Copilot barks,screen flashes and shields melting away are also good indicators.

https://grinningnebula.enjin.com/activity#

This is a guide to gsf for total beginner. Link section towards the bottom is the valuable part. If you gonna check one gsf guide, search for "gsf school movement 101" in youtube.

Edited by Stradlin

Do you mean tech fragments.

Yes

How is that any different to farming fragments doing any other content like uprisings or flash points?

Its much faster with GSF, mainly due to the fact that GSF kept the system of 1 point for loss and 2 points for win. You get a lot of fragments for win and decent amount for loss. Matches are quite fast (mostly) and weekly gives 720 fragments. Its really worth the time.

What are these starship lvl 9 upgrades you speak of and with vendor? It’s obviously not the fleet vendor that sells the space ship upgrade for your pve missions as I’ve never seen these grade 9 upgrades at that vendor.

Yes, its for your personal start ship for the heroic PVE Space missions. I make cca 200 mil every week selling these parts on GTN.

• 2 weeks later...

Ever since late December, there has been continuous connection issues which has impacted PVP.

The connection issues appear to have improved recently however there are days when this is not the case.

There could be a update or setting issues on my part, however I prefer to blame others first before blaming myself.

Edited by jimmorrisson

Ever since late December, there has been continuous connection issues which has impacted PVP. The connection issues appear to have improved recently however there are days when this is not the case.

There could be a update or setting issues on my part, however I prefer to blame others first before blaming myself.

Not sure, but it could be just you. I myself havent noticed anything like that.

Of course I don’t think it should be participation only trophy like GSF. I would like to see them go back to the points system for win : losses and make it 4:1 or even 3:1.

I think the old 2:1 system worked fine. If all you do is PUGs, you're probably going to win less than 50% of your WZs. With longer queue times, completing the weekly can be futile for casual / average players. At least before, you knew you just had to complete 3 WZs / day to get there. Sometimes the other team is just better, especially if they queue together. The reg weeklys are not "team weeklys" and the team you are assigned to shouldn't keep you from progressing. Honestly, losing is just a waste of time now. It makes people frustrated and more toxic and that's why they are popping less frequently now.

It's because it's the easiest CQ points going, don't even have to win, a lot of people just sit there, or run into the walls over and over. They have infinite objectives, etc.

That's exactly what I'll be doing, if I'll start doing conquest again. I have no interest in that game mode, but since it's flooded with participation points without actually having to do anything, then why not.

That's exactly what I'll be doing, if I'll start doing conquest again. I have no interest in that game mode, but since it's flooded with participation points without actually having to do anything, then why not.

pretty sh***y mechanic to grind gear. BW went overboard with this personal conquest crap. I know it's a solo-mode, story mode friendly game, but CQ only even makes sense as a guild activity. and now it's like some core aspect for everything in the game?

pretty sh***y mechanic to grind gear. BW went overboard with this personal conquest crap. I know it's a solo-mode, story mode friendly game, but CQ only even makes sense as a guild activity. and now it's like some core aspect for everything in the game?

Bioware has made Conquest the True end game!

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Bioware has made Conquest the True end game!

Well it has been going there for some time. Conquest was a starting to be a thing from the start so I dont blame them. Many many players login just for it. The discord channels I am in are full of discussions about this so I think Conquest is something they have done very well. It not only gives the players a purpose in the game, but also makes them take part in the parts of the game which is appreciated by the other players who can do that part of the game due to a high population of people being there for conquest.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.