The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

MODDABLE "orange" quality gear ONLY for levels 1-49, very disapointed :-(

Rheemus

When i saw how ugly the endgame pvp gear looked on sentinels/guardians, it was the last drop for me to reroll.

Now i noticed that endgame pvp gear looks bad in general on almost every single class in the game.

lvl 20-45 armor looks way better, and also "stronger".

ADD PVP MODS PLEASE, ENDGAME PVP ARMOR LOOKS AWFUL!

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you are saying that you want the Operation level Mods given out to people not doing Operations... In which case, yes... you still have to do Ops to get Ops loot for your Orange gear. And again I would say why would you have expected otherwise?

and why would NOT i expect otherwise ?

where is the unwritten rule that says everyone else's gameplay should be an underdog to raiders', and entire games should be built upon gear progression so that some people who put more time into a game to be 'better than others' instead of having fun, can feel that they have superior crapola ? ............ only in dark, deep, hardcore recesses of everquest and wow and their clones ? who cares ?

. the only thing putting more time into a game entitles anyone is, MORE fun.

nothing else. NOT 'having better stuff than others'.

someone may not play a game for fun/entertainment, BUT, for 'everyone being placed according to a hierarchical, harder to get gear progression scale and therefore feeling superior/accomplished to those who are in the lower recesses of the ladder'.

thats just ONE preference. it does not mean that it should supersede and surpass everyone in a game so that raiders can realize such desires.

noone's gameplay is a b...ch to raiders, so that everyone has to be subjected to the same kind of gameplay just for raiders' sake.

im not paying any game to be placed according to how much time i can put into grinding something and being higher/lower than any person in some kind of ladder. and no, im not playing games for 'competition' either. i dont give a crap about 'competition'. if i wanted to compete, i would go and play starcraft or counterstrike properly, and compete as it should be. just like how i did before.

if you argue otherwise, here is what i demand :

i want everyone have to be crafters in order to produce the best gear with best stats. it is stupid to propose that in star wars universe, incom corporation or any other corporation owner or engineers did not have access to the best stuff they produced, but someone repeatedly killed sand centipedes in tatooine did, because best gear dropped out of a centipede's arse.

Edited by Enako

And this is why they should've added an appearance tab... to completely bypass these issues.

Excellent foresight, Bioware.

appearance tab does not work. it breaks realism.

so, im wearing something, but, it looks totally different because i ticked 2-3 tickboxes or made 2-3 choices in some interface that is totally outside game mechanics .....

why bother trying to create/simulate a sci-fi world with game and its mechanics then. we can just tick tickboxes in uis, change some interface options, shift some cut graphics from here to there and call it 'star wars'.

So, you have two schematics that are no better than schematics I can use at level 12. Wow. Those are different looks than the low level oranges, but otherwise identical. It's the mods that would make them equivalent to high level armor, and those don't exist.

Do you even understand how the modding system works?

as i already said, you can get lvl 50 high end schematics from hard mode ops/flashpoints.

as i already said, you can get lvl 50 high end schematics from hard mode ops/flashpoints.

so crafters need to be raiders to be able to craft stuff.

then, lets force all raiders to be crafters in order to be able to use the gear they loot.

Appearance tab is the best solution. Moddable armor will always be inferior because they lack the set bonuses.

Let's face it, some of the level 50 high-end armor designs are absolutely AWFUL and the way your characters looks as well as performs is very important to subscribers.

So you people are complaining that the system takes too much work now.

In a game where the purpose is to upgrade your character through work.

lulz so hardcore progression raiders, i dont want to put any time into a system for the sake of customizing gear.

WUT?

It does not achieve what an atab achieves, at least not without even comparable versatility.

Mod system is fail.

You're still here? I figured you would have quit before the game even fully launched. Just saying it doesn't achieve the same thing doesn't make it fact.

So you people are complaining that the system takes too much work now.

In a game where the purpose is to upgrade your character through work.

the purpose of this game is playing multiplayer in a star wars setting. its not 'working to upgrade gear to have better gear than others'.

there is no mandatory rule that says massively online games have to be like that. its wow/everquest.. wow/everquest != mmo genre. there are many types of gameplay in mmos.

then, lets force all raiders to be crafters in order to be able to use the gear they loot.

crafters need to participate in high end content to create high end gear.

the crafted gear is actually BETTER than the armour which drops from the encounters.

Appearance tab is the best solution. Moddable armor will always be inferior because they lack the set bonuses.

Let's face it, some of the level 50 high-end armor designs are absolutely AWFUL and the way your characters looks as well as performs is very important to subscribers.

It's a shame they don't have the imagination/time/skill for the best of both worlds.

who said anything about forcing crafters to be raiders? they only need to be if they want to create raid quality items.

Edited by VicSkimmr

no they dont. then its not crafting - its raiding.

dont carry over accustomed wow conventions to this game.

the crafted gear is actually BETTER than the armour which drops from the encounters.

does not matter. what matters is, forcing a crafter to be a RAIDER instead of being a CRAFTER is forcing that crafter to a certain playstyle.

guy comes to swtor for being a crafter in star wars universe. he ends up being a raider.

wrong.

raiding is a certain gameplay preference. raiders do not have any right to expect everyone else to be their gameplay's b...ches.

Are their high-end Ops mod schematics with + expertise? If not, then only PvE benefits from the mod system and PvP'ers have no option to customize their armor appearance.

What they need to do is make it so that the raid bosses all drop stripped gear with its class heavy, light etc with no mods in them and also have the raid bosses drop random mods with a set group so that you want other mods then you need to farm all the bosses and also make the mods gear type specific. Also this way they can add in different set pieces that you can mix and match from for looks and let the set pieces still add the set piece bonuses. I also think they should be labeled drops for companion gear along with character set piece drops.

Example:

Raid boss randomally drops:

1 Heavy chest piece with no mods in it locked to only recieve mods labeled for it: Heavy Chest Armor Mod etc....

1 Armor Mod for Light Armor Head piece

1 Hilt Mod for only Light sabers

1 Hilt Mod for Vibro blades Campanion only Label

1 Crystal with for Ranged Weapons

and this would have a group set of different drops that only drop from said boss. This way it forces the players to farm ALL the bosses to collect what they want to put together.

Edited by Coryph

and why would NOT i expect otherwise ?

where is the unwritten rule that says everyone else's gameplay should be an underdog to raiders', and entire games should be built upon gear progression so that some people who put more time into a game to be 'better than others' instead of having fun, can feel that they have superior crapola ? ............ only in dark, deep, hardcore recesses of everquest and wow and their clones ? who cares ?

. the only thing putting more time into a game entitles anyone is, MORE fun.

nothing else. NOT 'having better stuff than others'.

someone may not play a game for fun/entertainment, BUT, for 'everyone being placed according to a hierarchical, harder to get gear progression scale and therefore feeling superior/accomplished to those who are in the lower recesses of the ladder'.

thats just ONE preference. it does not mean that it should supersede and surpass everyone in a game so that raiders can realize such desires.

noone's gameplay is a b...ch to raiders, so that everyone has to be subjected to the same kind of gameplay just for raiders' sake.

im not paying any game to be placed according to how much time i can put into grinding something and being higher/lower than any person in some kind of ladder. and no, im not playing games for 'competition' either. i dont give a crap about 'competition'. if i wanted to compete, i would go and play starcraft or counterstrike properly, and compete as it should be. just like how i did before.

if you argue otherwise, here is what i demand :

i want everyone have to be crafters in order to produce the best gear with best stats. it is stupid to propose that in star wars universe, incom corporation or any other corporation owner or engineers did not have access to the best stuff they produced, but someone repeatedly killed sand centipedes in tatooine did, because best gear dropped out of a centipede's arse.

Go ahead and find that game! I'd enjoy a game like that as well!

But what you fail to appreciate is that the point of Raid/Operation gear is to... get to the next level of Operation.

If all you want to do is ROFLstomp low level quests you don't need Operation level gear to do that...

If you are not doing Operations... exactly what part of your gameplay is negatively affected? The part where you look at your character sheet and see that you have 700* in your primary stat instead of 750*?

* Numbers pulled out of my arse.

Define "better" stuff? You do realize that MMOs use the gear acquisition treadmill system right? They get people to keep playing by having them grind for better gear :-p

while i like the versatility of A mod system i hate this horrible system Bioware implemented.

I would much rather have an appearance tab then this garbage system.

yeah, because an appearance tab doesn't take any effort, and the current system does.

It's a shame they don't have the imagination/time/skill for the best of both worlds.

considering nothing about TOR is original or even an improvement of an already existing design... yeah, can't say I'm shocked.

Maybe voice overs are a huge improvement for some people. I read faster than the voice overs so I pretty much skip 99% of it.

yeah, because an appearance tab doesn't take any effort, and the current system does.

Effort... results win, effort fails.

Edited by illgot

Then put the set bonuses on the armor mods (which becomes trivial once you break out the armor mods into location-restricted versions to prevent the early raid-boss farming).

What they need to do is make it so that the raid bosses all drop stripped gear with its class heavy, light etc with no mods in them and also have the raid bosses drop random mods with a set group so that you want other mods then you need to farm all the bosses and also make the mods gear type specific. Also this way they can add in different set pieces that you can mix and match from for looks and let the set pieces still add the set piece bonuses. I also think they should be labeled drops for companion gear along with character set piece drops.

Example:

Raid boss randomally drops:

1 Heavy chest piece with no mods in it locked to only recieve mods labeled for it: Heavy Chest Armor Mod etc....

1 Armor Mod for Light Armor Head piece

1 Hilt Mod for only Light sabers

1 Hilt Mod for Vibro blades Campanion only Label

1 Crystal with for Ranged Weapons

and this would have a group set of different drops that only drop from said boss. This way it forces the players to farm ALL the bosses to collect what they want to put together.

this is 1 of a million solutions, but doesn't help pvp'ers. Appearance tab is easier, takes less time, and can't be screwed up a million times, like they keep doing with the mod system.

Are their high-end Ops mod schematics with + expertise? If not, then only PvE benefits from the mod system and PvP'ers have no option to customize their armor appearance.

doubtful, however:

http://www.torhead.com/item/3Dik2rs

expertise augments do exist, so if a crafter has some lucky crits they could in theory make gear that's better than pvp gear (stat wise) AND has expertise.

this is 1 of a million solutions, but doesn't help pvp'ers. Appearance tab is easier, takes less time, and can't be screwed up a million times, like they keep doing with the mod system.

Solution, add mods that are bought via pvp rewards. Easy. ;)

no they dont. then its not crafting - its raiding.

dont carry over accustomed wow conventions to this game.

does not matter. what matters is, forcing a crafter to be a RAIDER instead of being a CRAFTER is forcing that crafter to a certain playstyle.

guy comes to swtor for being a crafter in star wars universe. he ends up being a raider.

wrong.

raiding is a certain gameplay preference. raiders do not have any right to expect everyone else to be their gameplay's b...ches.

i agree in theory, and i actually think that the schematics/alloys that drop in those encounters should be bind on equip so that raiders can sell them on the GTN to crafters.

Go ahead and find that game! I'd enjoy a game like that as well!

that game will not happen as long as people - even those who can actually think outside the wow/everquest fixation, like you - have resigned themselves to mmo = wow/eq gear progression.

But what you fail to appreciate is that the point of Raid/Operation gear is to... get to the next level of Operation.

definitely not mandatory - can be done in other ways. by quest chains, specific important quest items. they are already present in the game. you gather 5 important quest items, and can progress to the next part. it does not have to be your gear.

If all you want to do is ROFLstomp low level quests you don't need Operation level gear to do that...

If you are not doing Operations... exactly what part of your gameplay is negatively affected? The part where you look at your character sheet and see that you have 700* in your primary stat instead of 750*?

what part of my gameplay is affected ?

see, im a crafter, others are crafters. but, they cannot sell the stuff that actually will sell in endgame. because, for that, the CRAFTER actually needs to become a RAIDER.

so, basically a certain gameplay segment, entire group of players are forced to become an OTHER segment, to be able to play their own gameplay.

raiders, on the other hand, are not forced to be crafters, armormechs in order to be able to use their drops.

see what part of gameplay affected ? entirety.

for a crafter's item to sell at endgame, s/he has to become a raider. or else.

Define "better" stuff? You do realize that MMOs use the gear acquisition treadmill system right? They get people to keep playing by having them grind for better gear :-p

they do not get 'people' keep playing by having them grind gear - they keep hardcore raider crowd keeping for a while until they exhaust content, and leave the game.

considering the non-pulled-out-of-*** numbers regarding 5% of players seeing endgame in wow, they constitute only 5% of even a hardcore gamer population as wow.

hardcore raider != hardcore gamer.