MODDABLE "orange" quality gear ONLY for levels 1-49, very disapointed :-(

Rheemus

Quite s specious argument there.

How do smugglers fit into this? Is there some sort of union outfit they should be wearing?

Nope, they are a lone wolf type of character as well. No uniforms.

Military groups.......sorry but the special snowflake need not apply. Militaries are based on a hive mind mentality, the only free thought allowed is the one being told to you.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, they are a lone wolf type of character as well. No uniforms.

Military groups.......sorry but the special snowflake need not apply. Militaries are based on a hive mind mentality, the only free thought allowed is the one being told to you.

Spoken by someone who's never actually served. Soldiers are not only allowed, but encouraged, to think for themselves. It kind of helps to promote that whole "keeping the soldier alive so as to be able to continue to soldier on" thing that militaries rely on in order to remain effective.

I agree I really do not like the look of the High End Level 50 Armor The PvP Sith Warrior is bareable but its still looks aweful and the raided gear makes you look like a crab so I may do the same stay with sub par gear its not a massive game changing thing for PvP imo but I will grab the PvP and store it.

No matter what they do with high level mods and such it is all a moot point if top end gaer has set bonuses that cannot be transferred with mods.

Right now you can rip level 56 and 58 mods out of gear and put it into the stuff you want, but the set bonuses which are really important for quite a few classes are tied to the gear making it pointless.

No matter what they do with high level mods and such it is all a moot point if top end gaer has set bonuses that cannot be transferred with mods.

Right now you can rip level 56 and 58 mods out of gear and put it into the stuff you want, but the set bonuses which are really important for quite a few classes are tied to the gear making it pointless.

Seems it all boils down to this basically, which would be a shame.

Now if they had gone the route of having all items fully moddable and these 'set bonuses' linked to 'Legendary' mods; we'd be in business. Thousands of armor pieces and tons of weapons; all usable from start to end and nothing going to waste.

There is still hope though as BW didn't even implement the orange items properly. Some can't be found on the GTN through 'blue and custom' as they are still ranked as green. So in order to find them, you'd need to search from green and up.

If everything would become custom, there would be no need for a search of quality (only for mods). Then they could reorganize the search into chest-legs-boots-etc. and have people scouring over all the items and comparing the looks through the preview window. :)

Seems it all boils down to this basically, which would be a shame.

Now if they had gone the route of having all items fully moddable and these 'set bonuses' linked to 'Legendary' mods; we'd be in business. Thousands of armor pieces and tons of weapons; all usable from start to end and nothing going to waste.

There is still hope though as BW didn't even implement the orange items properly. Some can't be found on the GTN through 'blue and custom' as they are still ranked as green. So in order to find them, you'd need to search from green and up.

If everything would become custom, there would be no need for a search of quality (only for mods). Then they could reorganize the search into chest-legs-boots-etc. and have people scouring over all the items and comparing the looks through the preview window. :)

TOR is basically a carbon copy of WoW. Why couldn't they just steal one more idea from another game and give us proper appearance customization?

Developers arrogance that everyone should look how they want really irritates me. The developers are not the ones staring at our characters every moment we decide to play. That attitude is the one reason I canceled my subscription last night.

Edited by illgot

Maybe at some patch they can add an "appearance mod" to the level 50 gear that is locked. Then you can slot one of your orange items into that location (or take the appearance mod out of it and put in the new armor)

This seems simple enough and would work the way companion appearance mods do, so it should be intuitive. That would solve the problem of making you look however you want when you are using top gear that has its stats locked into it.

I disagree that Wow has proper appearance control. Mostly over the past several years when a lot of people were playing Wow, I played city of heroes. That game has proper appearance control. =D

I don't mind the swtor style though, yet. But I can see the complaint of the post here. It seems like allowing the appearance of the level 50 locked gear is a better option than allowing the stats of the level 50 locked gear moved onto other items. Either achieves the stated purpose, appearance modification seems much simpler and more flexible.

Evolved preferences from previous games should not really be dragged into new ones, though no one can really help it. Instead, view the goal of what you want and the way the game already works, and think of the direct path from one to the other...

Edited by Truffula

Maybe at some patch they can add an "appearance mod" to the level 50 gear that is locked. Then you can slot one of your orange items into that location (or take the appearance mod out of it and put in the new armor)

This seems simple enough and would work the way companion appearance mods do, so it should be intuitive. That would solve the problem of making you look however you want when you are using top gear that has its stats locked into it.

I disagree that Wow has proper appearance control. Mostly over the past several years when a lot of people were playing Wow, I played city of heroes. That game has proper appearance control. =D

I don't mind the swtor style though, yet. But I can see the complaint of the post here. It seems like allowing the appearance of the level 50 locked gear is a better option than allowing the stats of the level 50 locked gear moved onto other items. Either achieves the stated purpose, appearance modification seems much simpler and more flexible.

Evolved preferences from previous games should not really be dragged into new ones, though no one can really help it. Instead, view the goal of what you want and the way the game already works, and think of the direct path from one to the other...

Blizzards appearance system is bloated and limiting.

The best appearance systems I have seen are Lord of the Rings and DC Universe Online.

I heard Rift had a great system but I never played it or heard a good description of how it worked.

Blizzard had the same arrogant attitude (still has) about character appearance yet they also had the odd social items which were completely useless. It's like they had half their team wanting to create fun interesting things while the lead developers were stomping out any actual fun when it came to how players looked.

Edited by illgot

They could have dealt with this by having the high end encounters drop the mods, not the armor.

That way we could wear any style of armor we wanted to and they could gate the mods by encounter any way they wanted to.

Edit:

Don't know if this is already done, but they would have to soul bind the mods as well.

Don't think they do because someone was pointing out that mod crafting as a profession is doomed because they don't soul bind, so there is no mechanic to remove these items from the game. So the price for mods in trade will be little under the cost to remove them from armor.

This

I don't get what BW is saying about "not wanting to do raids once you get the mods for your gear"......uhhh do they realize people raid for reasons OTHER than gear? Do people only raid in WoW to just get gear..or do they do it to actually accomplish something/acheivments?

IMO this is a HUGE fail. I HATE HATE HATE MMOs with cookie cutter character designs at end game.

TOR is basically a carbon copy of WoW. Why couldn't they just steal one more idea from another game and give us proper appearance customization?

Developers arrogance that everyone should look how they want really irritates me. The developers are not the ones staring at our characters every moment we decide to play. That attitude is the one reason I canceled my subscription last night.

THIS, it took 8 damn years before Blizzard FINALLY caved in (because of fear of SWToR, ironically) to create transmogrification, BW needs to catch up with the times. NOBODY but hardcore raiders want to look at mismatched or just plain ugly gear for months or years to come!

They said they're working on a "better version" of color match, or something like that. That is a far, far cry from saying we're getting an appearance tab.

For the person who said they never heard a description of Rift's wardrobe feature: It's perfection. You have your normal tab for your gear that you wear for stats, and you have a wardrobe tab. You can put anything in the wardrobe slots you want, and it visually overrides whatever you have in your stats slot, and contributes nothing to the stats. There is no better system. Bioware should get with the times.

I think this thread deserves a dev response. even if its not going to be a popular response.

Patch notes 1.2.0: All gear and weapons in the game have been changed to fully moddable custom items. Special Legendary mods that provide bonuses will drop in operations.

...at least that would work for me and bring an end to all this green-blue-purple gear madness with locked mods and clone armies. :cool:

This is a game. Because it is a game it should be fun.

My guild and I would LOVE to have a specific look, but that is impossible considering that all the end game gear has no option for customization.

So having mods drop at end-game makes the ability to customize your other gear to end-game standards leaves no option for customization?

Just wanted to say that I totally agree with OP. I remember Devs saying that if you wanted to raid as a Tusken Raider, you could if you work for it.

IMHO it's very very stupid to be fully customizable from 1-49, but at 50, time to suit up your uniform

Except you don't have to suit up your uniform at 50. I guess ignorance is bliss?

Edited by Jxspyder

Nice way to miss the entire point of this thread. Read the thread title perhaps.

Nice way to miss the fact that you're ignorant, as is the OP. Lvl 50 mods drop from the same place as the gear that he's talking about, allowing you to make your lvl 1-49 moddable gear competitive with end-game gear. It just takes a little bit more work. Just like they said it would.

But as they say, ignorance is bliss.

I believe we will see improvements to this system. Right now I am not going to panic. I am going to work my way to 50 and test the waters.

My biggest concern is that PvP gear is not fully customizable and it looks like crap. We need PvP mods that can be dropped into any gear. No one wants the "pretend samurai" gear.

Edited by Arkerus

This is indeed very disappointing.

Also I don't really get why they had to abandon the unify color to chest piece thing then.

Doesn't make sense to me, when you are forced to wear the same armor in endgame anyways.

I really really don't complain about the game but this pisses me off.

Can't help it but kind of feel betrayed because of what they announced before launch.

Edited by Evin

I dont see those at all in the patch notes. could you possibly link it?

Sorry, just made it up I'm afraid. But if it were implemented in a future patch; I'd be very happy. At least it would finally turn this pile of Bantha poodoo into a fully fledged and working gear system; instead of the botched patch-up-job we have now :)

This is indeed very disappointing.

Also I don't really get why they had to abandon the unify color to chest piece thing then.

Doesn't make sense to me, when you are forced to wear the same armor in endgame anyways.

I really really don't complain about the game but this pisses me off.

Can't help it but kind of feel betrayed because of what they announced before launch.

Odd how there was an update post explaining exactly why it was pulled. As well as a dev blog. Which has even been posted on this thread.

And getting pissed off about misinformation is just...well....sad?

Edited by Jxspyder