What is generating all these credits the last two years, Let's help the devs fix it

gelper

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are any exploits fixed in the 6.1.4 patch? or nah?

depends, what exploits are you using at the moment, that you might worry about being fixed ;)

Just kidding, but seriously, is there a specific exploit you are worried about, and have you contacted the Community manager about it? Or is it just a general exploit?

Are any exploits fixed in the 6.1.4 patch? or nah?

considering that they typically do not publicize such things, my reaction to such a question being posted is thus:

I guess you'll find out when you go to try it again, huh? and now that you are on their radar for asking such a thing... say hi to big brother for the foreseeable future

lol Wow. So you're going to get mad at the people who have been playing close to launch who've learned how to make credits, who has saved over the years & then expect ppl to oust them?! lol

What is this, "rat out my neighbor" mentality, in game & RL?! Jeeze.

BTW, I've never completed any exploit, dupe, etc...and I have Millions, close to a billion. And I also roll amps, bought augments recently because I'm frustrated with the whole major process of crafting them & alting over & over.

All I've got to say is, mind your own business. Water your own grass. You want credits to buy the shinies, work for them, like a large population of the game has done/does.

You say that as if "Everybody" had all day, everyday to login and grind credits. Not all players have the luxury to spend all day playing a game.

You say that as if "Everybody" had all day, everyday to login and grind credits. Not all players have the luxury to spend all day playing a game.

No, it's more along the lines of

A player who's been at this for years, knows how the market, missions, etc, work, and can grind the best credits with minimalist time. If you are doing this a long time, time (funnily enough) doesn't come in to it. You can spend a little time making money. I can spend about an hour or two a week on the gtn alone, and make 100 million, buying and selling.

Then any other time, is CQ, and/or class stuff. Depending on my mood.

considering that they typically do not publicize such things, my reaction to such a question being posted is thus:

I guess you'll find out when you go to try it again, huh? and now that you are on their radar for asking such a thing... say hi to big brother for the foreseeable future

I literally started this thread for the purpose of finding exploits and having them fixed. lol

No, we’ve just been doing this for a long time and know all the best, fastest ways to make credits with time we have.

Also, the more credits you have, the easier it is to make them with little effort. I’ve literally increased my game wealth 2.3 billion credits since 6.0 launched. I did that by selling crafted items, mats and doing conquest.

Some weeks I’ve hardly logged on and I still make 50 million credits. I’ve 56 alts on Star Forge and all of my lvl 75s are geared up properly. I don’t waste credits buying stuff on the GTN anymore because I own everything I want.

It seems the more credits I have the easier they are to make because it doesn’t matter as much to replenish them fast. So I list my GTN items and don’t flood the market. If the sell, they sell. If not, I relist next time. Eventually someone buys them

Also, the more credits you have, the easier it is to make them with little effort. I’ve literally increased my game wealth 2.3 billion credits since 6.0 launched. I did that by selling crafted items, mats and doing conquest.

The thing is there are no exploits

How would you know? You brag about making 2.3 billion credits since 6.0 launched like it's something but with the current massive amount of inflation the spammers sell that for like 35 dollars. What a massive waste of time.

How would you know? You brag about making 2.3 billion credits since 6.0 launched like it's something but with the current massive amount of inflation the spammers sell that for like 35 dollars. What a massive waste of time.

Sounds to me like you are just trying to drum up business for them.

Sounds to me like you are just trying to drum up business for them.

She's not the only one who knows how to make a few extra credits....

It's not a massive waste of time ... unless you're just trying to stir up trouble.

2.3 billion credits is not that hard in that amount of time. It can be done with a minimal amount of effort / time IF you know how to play the market.

IMO ... stop griping about the credits that people can make legitimately .

Crafting / mats / and only about 3 or 4 armor pieces (sets) ... 30 - 45 minutes a day (OK maybe an hour) without any hassle and it can be done.

(Ok maybe being a retired purchasing director helps) :D

The point is the credits are there to be made. Good grief ... (sounds all to familiar these days )

She's not the only one who knows how to make a few extra credits....

It's not a massive waste of time ... unless you're just trying to stir up trouble.

2.3 billion credits is not that hard in that amount of time. It can be done with a minimal amount of effort / time IF you know how to play the market.

IMO ... stop griping about the credits that people can make legitimately .

Crafting / mats / and only about 3 or 4 armor pieces (sets) ... 30 - 45 minutes a day (OK maybe an hour) without any hassle and it can be done.

(Ok maybe being a retired purchasing director helps) :D

The point is the credits are there to be made. Good grief ... (sounds all to familiar these days )

Wasn't this thread about how the credits are entering the game? Not how I can make 2.3 billion on the GTN?

Wasn't this thread about how the credits are entering the game? Not how I can make 2.3 billion on the GTN?

Yes... That original statement was made.

It is however based on somewhat erroneous presupposition / and its conclusion that follows ( that most of the credits must therefor also be inappropriately earned or otherwise obtained is incorrect.

There have been a few exploits in the past. And anyone caught obtaining credits through credit sellers usually finds themselves in trouble.

However, that said... the massive amount of credits being passed around is largely due to simply "making / earning" them through various / assorted legitimate means.

Trying to help the team "fix" this situation ??

Frankly I was gone for a few months ... but kept up my sub. When I returned I too noticed the vast difference in the cost of many items. And for the first 8 months or so I struggled with keeping things moving. Then I decided to open up a stronghold or two.

Where was I going to come up with the credits to properly decorate ? Plus there was some other things I wanted to accomplish ( No need to bother with details ) ... I had a grand total of 80 Mil (all alts added). It was time to change that. So we did.

My current balance ... Let's just say I have plenty. How much ?? Don't worry about it.

I can tell you that it was not done by taking advantage of anyone or utilizing ANY exploit.

Yes .. it takes time.

Yes ... you can get burnt BAD on the market. (it's happened to me more than once) ... But that's all part of the game.

NO !! Not everyone makes billions off of the market . Not everyone is making the multiplied billions off of exploits or other "issues" that they claim.

Please note: this is not a rant. I'm not at all putting down your point. If anything your question is VERY valid. I appreciate the point you were making.

I do hope this helps to better understand why some of us have taken the time to show that there are several ways (on the GTN) to do quite well without ANY sort of exploit.

So the only people who think this system is great and that there is no exploit or inflation to worry about make their credits from the only thing immune to inflation which is flipping items on the GTN and not actually playing the game as normal. lol

So the only people who think this system is great and that there is no exploit or inflation to worry about make their credits from the only thing immune to inflation which is flipping items on the GTN and not actually playing the game as normal. lol

Each individual is allowed to play the game with any number of personal goals / desires / ambitions.

Exploits are not allowed.

Having fun is !

;)

/me taps the mic "Is this thing on, can you not hear what people are saying"

Maybe the bridge is blocking the signal....walks away grumbling....

Actually I craft and sell. I don’t flip any cartel items. That requires I play the game. So your point is wrong because I am playing the game when I gather my mats, craft the items and then sell them on the GTN. I get conquest points for crafting and farming the mats and I get credits from selling.

For the last time. There is no exploit or conspiracy. Stop spreading false information.

And the inflation is in every game with a free market. So once again I’m not sure what you expect BioWare to do about that.

Learn how to make credits and stop sprucing this conspiracy. All you are doing is advertising for the credit spammers.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

For the last time. There is no exploit or conspiracy. Stop spreading false information.

You have no knowledge of that. Most people are not aware of exploits when they are doing on.

The evidence of runaway inflation would be enough for most game developers to take notice. Especially because when the spammers sell credits for 5 times cheaper than the equivalent credits from buying cartel items and selling those cartel items on the GTN they realize that there is a major exploit which is costing them tons of money in loss cartel market sales.

The only way for them to undercut that much is from an exploit, because otherwise they wouldn't be able to generate credits fast enough.

Sorry you don't get it, just throwing your arrogance back at you.

Edited by gelper

So....do you actually have any evidence of an exploit...something you want to show us...something that you seem to think people are abusing...

I'd personally be interested is seeing major exploits dealt with. That usually hurts the market more than helping it.

A sudden flood of a particular item on the market where said item is normally rare (for example). Usually this drives the market price to ground. If the acquisition was based on fraud or an exploit .. then that would be a legitimate concern.

IF, however, there was a sudden increase of credits made simply because players have learned how to better make / sell mats or finished goods (crafting) ... THAT is NOT an exploit. That just means that a player has done a better job of marketing.

IMO ... this sort of a debate is never resolved to the satisfaction of those who either can not or will not accept the competitive nature of earning credits on the market.

Which ... makes about as much sense as me griping about not being able to keep up with a 30 year old player in PvP !

:eek:

I'd personally be interested is seeing major exploits dealt with. That usually hurts the market more than helping it.

IF, however, there was a sudden increase of credits made simply because players have learned how to better make / sell mats or finished goods (crafting) ... THAT is NOT an exploit. That just means that a player has done a better job of marketing.

Selling mats nor making goods via crafting bring credits in to the game. They just redistribute said credits. Not sure why people keep trying to misdirect the fact that there have been quite a few known exploits that did create an influx of credits in to the game. That people did avoid notice and kept the ill gotten booty. Vendor items have been a source on multiple occasions. We can not discuss details here in the forums so quit asking. There are those who like to discredit by way of asking for evidence they know others can not post.

Selling mats nor making goods via crafting bring credits in to the game. They just redistribute said credits. Not sure why people keep trying to misdirect the fact that there have been quite a few known exploits that did create an influx of credits in to the game. That people did avoid notice and kept the ill gotten booty. Vendor items have been a source on multiple occasions. We can not discuss details here in the forums so quit asking. There are those who like to discredit by way of asking for evidence they know others can not post.

I haven't been asking for names ! Never have ... never will !

All exploits should be discussed directly with the team / or appropriate representative of BW.

For that matter parts of OP could be considered something of a misdirected attempt to bring up the subject for other purposes as well !

What I DID say was that I would personally like to see exploits DEALT with !!

(just for the record).

Edited by OlBuzzard