What is generating all these credits the last two years, Let's help the devs fix it

gelper

You have no knowledge of that. Most people are not aware of exploits when they are doing on.

The evidence of runaway inflation would be enough for most game developers to take notice. Especially because when the spammers sell credits for 5 times cheaper than the equivalent credits from buying cartel items and selling those cartel items on the GTN they realize that there is a major exploit which is costing them tons of money in loss cartel market sales.

The only way for them to undercut that much is from an exploit, because otherwise they wouldn't be able to generate credits fast enough.

Sorry you don't get it, just throwing your arrogance back at you.

It’s not arrogance to say there is no exploit. I personally make 50-100 mil a week selling 1-3 crafted items. They aren’t even expensive to make or hard to get the mats for. But people over pay for them.

Why anyone would spend real money to get credits is beyond me when you can do what I do for less than 40 mins a week (so about 5 mins each time I login).

As myself and others have explained to you, we’ve been playing the game for years, some since launch. We have plenty of credits to burn and we’ve had plenty of time to accumulate them.

Have there been exploits in the past? Sure there have and it sucks they are still in the game. Sadly some of those with lots of credits maybe have exploited. But there are no exploits now and constantly saying that there are without any proof is a conspiracy.

And to be clear, I don’t want proof of exploits. If you think you know of one or have proof then contact BioWare and report it. People have explained to you how to do this and you ignore them and keep saying there are exploits. So it’s obvious you’ve no proof and you are making it up. Ie, in your mind it must be true. But without any proof it’s a guess at best or a crazy conspiracy.

Inflation also isn’t run away. Are things more expensive? Sure some are, but others are now dirt cheap. If anything, somethings are too cheap and people ruined the crafting market by spam listing and undercutting too much. It’s why I don’t engage in price wars anymore. I list at a price and if it sells I keep upping it till it doesn’t. That’s how a free market works and has nothing to do with exploits in the game or credit sellers.

Lastly, if you understood how the credit sellers get the credits in MMOs to start with, you would know the only intrinsic value they have is paying $15 sub once per account or buying $5 cartel coins so they can be preferred and transfer farmed credits. Then they either run bots or have human farmers in sweat shop conditions farm then for pennies. As long as they recoup their money and make some extra before being banned, they are ahead of the curve.

Either report the exploits / explain what you think they are or this is just one big conspiracy/ troll thread you’ve created.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selling mats nor making goods via crafting bring credits in to the game. They just redistribute said credits. Not sure why people keep trying to misdirect the fact that there have been quite a few known exploits that did create an influx of credits in to the game. That people did avoid notice and kept the ill gotten booty. Vendor items have been a source on multiple occasions. We can not discuss details here in the forums so quit asking. There are those who like to discredit by way of asking for evidence they know others can not post.

No one is saying there haven’t been exploits in the past. I think we all know there have been. But there aren’t any now and to keep harping on about exploits based on past issues doesn’t help the game. All it’s doing is drumming up business for credit sellers and fanning a conspiracy that there is an active exploit, which there isn’t or the OP would have reported it by now.

I make alot of money off of selling Deco's out of those hypercrates, some armor sets, companions and mounts sell pretty well if I get lucky enough to get something rare. I do alot of crafting on one server cause I don't play the toons much on it, normally just making augs and selling them for kind of cheap. I'd imagine most of the time people buy them to resell which is totally cool with me faster I make the money I'm good with. Usually everytime I get 500+ million on that server I xfer a toon over to the one I'm more active on and buy more hypercrates lol. Anytime you can not spend real money on hypercrates is a good deal lol.

I make alot of money off of selling Deco's out of those hypercrates,

Decos are probably one of the best CM items, they go fast, and depending on the item/bundle, they can sell for a lot. As as they are consumed on use, and not unlockable, people will buy a few of them. The same with dyes, both craftable & CM ones. I know most don't go for the large amounts decos do, but they can sell quite rapidly. And it doesn't take a lot of time, once you have your system going.

Edited by DarkTergon

No one is saying there haven’t been exploits in the past. I think we all know there have been. But there aren’t any now and to keep harping on about exploits based on past issues doesn’t help the game. All it’s doing is drumming up business for credit sellers and fanning a conspiracy that there is an active exploit, which there isn’t or the OP would have reported it by now.

I believe that this is a fairly good summation .. in a nut shell.

IN the past there were a couple of exploits .. some simply generated items to be sold on the market. While this did not "print" additional credits .. it DID result in a large number of credits being uncharacteristically (or unlawfully) sold or exchanged for those who used those items to sell.

Credit sellers: IMO with the recent changes that the development team has made it is obvious that the amount of attacks by those illegally selling credits to the general populous of the community a genuine attempt is being made to stop that practice. I applaud their efforts.

IMO there is no abusive or exploit being utilized on such scale that is flooding the market with credits creating an unfair advantage for players. Certainly this practice is not on a large scale.

Playing the game:

*** Completing goals and competing on any one of a number of levels ... either individually or as a part of a LARGE / MEGA guild only generates "X" number of credits. Choosing to participate on any of these is exactly that: a choice. I still remain (by choice) to play solo. That is a choice not an exploit. The credits generated from game participation is known by the development team and placed there for a reason.

*** Profiting from the legitimate sales of items on the GTN (from a variety of legitimate methods) ... is not exploiting others ( another definition of "exploitation") .

In any case: Simply stated I agree with Trixx and the afore mentioned statement.

The GAME ?

For the time being it is probably in as good a shape as it's been in for a while now. There are other issues to address (content / more PvP stuff / companions ... BUGS !! ... etc.. etc ... etc). But that is for another thread .. another time !

I

IN the past there were a couple of exploits .. some simply generated items to be sold on the market. While this did not "print" additional credits .. it DID result in a large number of credits being uncharacteristically (or unlawfully) sold or exchanged for those who used those items to sell.

!

True, most of the exploits happen around duping , but there was at least one exploit that 'printed' a lot of fake credits. The one where you could buy the item (can't remember what it was) and then resell it back to the vendor for a bigger return. Millions , maybe a lot more. I'm not sure those credits were ever removed, nor did all the exploiters get what they deserved. But thankfully we haven't had anything like that since.

What we have here is a classic case of:

Claimant: [makes a claim without evidence]

Respondent: There is no evidence to support your claim.

Claimant: Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Respondent: True, but in the overwhelming absence of evidence there is no reasonable reason to accept your claim as true.

Claimant: Prove there is no evidence.

Respondent: No one can prove there is no evidence to support your claim; one can not prove a negative. In the absence of evidence it is incumbent upon you to provide evidence to support your claim.

Claimant: Since you have no proof that my claim is false then it must be true.

And that, dear reader, is how you get flat Earthers and anti-vaxxers.

This message brought to you by the United States Department of Condescending Paternalism.

Respondent: True, but in the overwhelming absence of evidence there is no reasonable reason to accept your claim as true.

Respondent: No one can prove there is no evidence to support your claim; one can not prove a negative. In the absence of evidence it is incumbent upon you to provide evidence to support your claim.

This message brought to you by the United States Department of Condescending Paternalism.

Hmmmm

Perhaps not exactly the way I would have stated it ... but a valid point just the same !!

As Trixie says above, some of us have been playing for years. Although I tend to spend lots of credits on fancy armor and shiny gewgaws, I still overall, gain credits. I'm able to play as much as I want these days - which itself means I earn more credits than someone who can only play for a few hours.

To some extent, the rate at which we earn credits has to be balanced so that people who can only play for a few hours have the chance to earn enough to play. Naturally, that means that those who play more will have more credits.

Admittedly though, I've made most of my credits off the GTN, without even specifically trying. Mostly from buying CM packs with CC from my monthly grant and referrals.

You have to have credits to make credits. The more you have the easier it is to make it off the gtn.

There is something odd going on in some planets however. Lots of characters with a ì in their name no where to be found on plants like zakuul on for 24 hours a day everyday. Don't know what they are doing yet who knows one can only speculate.

However you can make good credits playing the gtn. Make it like a business. Your not gonna get rich overnight but it's a "game mode" you could say.

Some odd things exist but its only speculation no evidence as of yet. But that shouldn't stop you playing the gtn. I've make billions crafting for hours and hours so idk. You can do it :)

Edited by codydmaan

You have to have credits to make credits. The more you have the easier it is to make it off the gtn.

There is something odd going on in some planets however. Lots of characters with a ì in their name no where to be found on plants like zakuul on for 24 hours a day everyday. Don't know what they are doing yet who knows one can only speculate.

However you can make good credits playing the gtn. Make it like a business. Your not gonna get rich overnight but it's a "game mode" you could say.

Some odd things exist but its only speculation no evidence as of yet. But that shouldn't stop you playing the gtn. I've make billions crafting for hours and hours so idk. You can do it :)

YIP !! Pretty much right on.

When I returned to resume play .. I was amazed as to how much stuff had gone up! I was essentially broke. But ... over time ( and only a little effort) .. we managed to get back up our feet again!

JQ .. you're on top of it as well.

The simple fact is ... there is no telling how many mega billions some player have ! :eek:

But ... hey ! If it's legit .. then more power to them !

If that statement makes someone angry ! ... Frankly ... get over it !

;)

LMAO 😂 that’s the best analogy yet and also extremely funny in this current climate where facts don’t seem to matter when it comes to the truth.

This is so true. The more credits you acquire, the more risk for reward you can take. But you also don’t need to gain credits as fast/regular, so you don’t need to engage in price wars.

IMPORTANT UPDATE TO THIS QUESTION :

I suppose you checked the price on the new augments on the market and saw that they are listed for 800 mil / piece ! :D:D

So what is genearting all these credits and creating this ludicrous inflation ?

Well , the developers themselves are one of the reasons ! I mean what's the point of releasing augments that no one needs ,and put the mats needed to craft them behind content that 1-2 % of the game population plays or is interested in ? I mean, on darth malgus we have 1000 players playing now( a guess) and how many of those actually do nim content or ranked pvp ? 50, 60 ?? ...

And all this has led to these totally insane prices .... It will be curious to see if they go down after a few months.

IMPORTANT UPDATE TO THIS QUESTION :

I suppose you checked the price on the new augments on the market and saw that they are listed for 800 mil / piece ! :D:D

So what is genearting all these credits and creating this ludicrous inflation ?

Well , the developers themselves are one of the reasons ! I mean what's the point of releasing augments that no one needs ,and put the mats needed to craft them behind content that 1-2 % of the game population plays or is interested in ? I mean, on darth malgus we have 1000 players playing now( a guess) and how many of those actually do nim content or ranked pvp ? 50, 60 ?? ...

And all this has led to these totally insane prices .... It will be curious to see if they go down after a few months.

Hmmm ... even if I CAN "afford them" ... I wont !

( just wont !! that simple !)

Yeah .. I know I'm a tight wad ! :D

Besides .... give it a month or so! The price will drop ... eventually !

;)

Hmmm ... even if I CAN "afford them" ... I wont !

( just wont !! that simple !)

Yeah .. I know I'm a tight wad ! :D

Besides .... give it a month or so! The price will drop ... eventually !

;)

You're not being a tight wad, I won't be buying them either. Personally my playstyle won't need them, and if I do go back to pvp, and there's lots of people using them, I'll just stop again, till the next set comes out, etc.

You're just messin' with me ...

right ? :eek:

(besides I have a reputation to uphold !)

:D

Just one of those is more money than all my toons have put together. Needless to say, I'll not be bothering with them. (Given I seem to be taking a break from the game, not like I'd need them, even if I did do the content they have in mind with them. Which I don't. So they can be safely ignored.)