Steam-Inspired Login Reward and Shae Vizla Returns!

DanielSteed

Look dude I even said, to quote myself, I was happy the new players have a chance to get the companions. I do not hate new players, I welcome them. New players after all help us all.

I merely want BW to acknowledge the fact I've spent $15 a month for a near decade just to play their oft neglected game. This does not even count the times I have passed game time codes to guildies to help them through a tight spot or CC purchases, etc.

So again I am happy they brought shae to new players. I simply want to feel BW appreciates my loyalty. Because if it wasn't for players like me who stuck around through the content dearths and bad decisions, there wouldn't be a game for the influx of steam players to come to.

The two things are not mutually exclusive - I can appreciate new players and want to be appreciated myself too.

Edited by KendraP

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

snip

bro chillax. BW still won't love you no matter how many textwalls you dedicate to their glory.

Pretty sure Kenda doesn't hate new players. I doubt most of the players complaining hate new players. They just want shinies like everyone else, and are disappointed that they aren't being given special consideration as long time players. tbh I pity them because they have a legit gripe that BW has chosen to ignore, and they're unwilling to do anything beyond complaining on the forum, thus making their grievances moot because there are no consequences to their dissatisfaction.

Great, now make Ranos obtainable again please.

Yeah, yeah, i know you will not bring DvL back again, never. But in some other way, as sub reward or any other event? Please?

As someone who did the DvL stuff and got everything I'm fine with others getting Ranos, just as long as they never bring that "event" back ever again.

bro chillax. BW still won't love you no matter how many textwalls you dedicate to their glory.

Pretty sure Kenda doesn't hate new players. I doubt most of the players complaining hate new players. They just want shinies like everyone else, and are disappointed that they aren't being given special consideration as long time players. tbh I pity them because they have a legit gripe that BW has chosen to ignore, and they're unwilling to do anything beyond complaining on the forum, thus making their grievances moot because there are no consequences to their dissatisfaction.

I'll gladly take their 500CC/mo if they don't want them. :D:D

Have to say that pipework flair is dull as dishwater.

Happy for newer subbers to be getting Shae Visla but really you could have done something added that would keep oldies like myself happy too.

A swich on the preferences menu that would allow us to nominte original log in music - anything!!

Please try harder - thanks.

As someone who did the DvL stuff and got everything I'm fine with others getting Ranos, just as long as they never bring that "event" back ever again.

Same, once was enough for all that

So, a question for the two of you. Considering your statements, would you be opposed to BW bring Master Ranos back and offering them in some other manner? For example, although it would not necessarily need to be the same, the Grand Acquisitions Race items that are for sale in the Cartel Bazaar for some combination of three of the event currencies?

The single most expensive item from the Chevin event is the Hyrotii Scrapper mount, which costs:

• 50 Rakghoul DNA Canisters
  • 43 Completed Bounty Contracts
  • 33 Gray Helix Components

Perhaps Master Ranos is of a little higher value than a mount, maybe the full cost of one of the armour sets. The Imperial Containment Officer set (for all six pieces) costs:

• 110 Rakghoul DNA Canisters
  • 94 Completed Bounty Contracts
  • 72 Gray Helix Components

While the Outer Rim Hunter's set and the Sand People Bloodguard set both cost:

• 140 Rakghoul DNA Canisters
  • 133 Completed Bounty Contracts
  • 102 Gray Helix Components

If they did something like that, something that required current in-game activities and an accumulation of current currencies that would, for most people, require multiple completions of the various events, perhaps with even higher costs than even the Out Rim Hunter's and Sand People Bloodguard armour sets, or adding in some additional currencies such as Snow Covered Parcels from Life Day and/or Golden Certificates from Nightlife to the cost, would that satisfy you that current players earned Master Ranos without necessitating the return of the DvL event in an updated form? Would it make a difference if the purchased item unlocked in Collections so one could then, after paying the in-game cost, pay CC's to unlock Master Ranos for their account?

Have to say that pipework flair is dull as dishwater.

Speaking of the kitchen sink plumbing (heh...), anyone have any idea about what time tomorrow it'll become available and if - when it does - players already logged in at the time will need to log out and back in to recieve it or anything like that?

Speaking of the kitchen sink plumbing (heh...), anyone have any idea about what time tomorrow it'll become available and if - when it does - players already logged in at the time will need to log out and back in to recieve it or anything like that?

Actually, if you log in now it'll be in your mailbox...

1. I'm a new sub, so take this for what it's worth. I didn't start because of Steam (didn't even realize it wasn't on steam before) - I was just looking for a new MMO again and figured I'd give this a shot after hating it a few years ago and not getting past level 10...

2. The posts in here about what >I< should get, what >Loyal Subs< should get... . just... Entitlement to the extremeeeeeeeeeeee. Like, get off the high horse. You're not special cuz you subbed longer than other people. Your loyalty is cute, but you're a drop in the bucket. Your 15 bucks over 9 years is 1600 bucks. There are probably people who have been playing this game for a week who have spent more in the Cartel shop than that. Get over yourselves.

3. The ONLY thing about Shae that is frustrating is googling "best companion" and seeing everyone say BEST DPS: Shae only to find out you haven't been able to get her for years.

4. Give like 10 days of free game time or something to a sub if they already have a sub reward xD

Edited by kiramon

This might be a stupid question, but does Shae show up on your ship if you get her before KotFE/KotET!?

Shae never shows up on your ship. The only companions that get added to your ship are your five class comps (your ship droid is already there), Treek and HK-51 if you have them, and Lana and Theron will be added sometime during or after FE (I am not certain exactly when they get added).

This is why they should never have had exclusive rewards but a token vendor with rewards like these and you get a token each month you're subbed. Much cleaner that way. You want Shae? Pay x tokens, so you know when you can get her and if you already have her than you get tokens instead to spend on another reward from the vendor.

Just add more rewards on the vendor from time to time and presto, you have veteran rewards in place.

Shoo, get away. There is no room for this type of sensible comment on this type of thread.

There has to be haves and have nots, this is the way.

/s

I was going to ignore your comment until you said I didn't believe anyone should have the companion. If you would have read my post correctly you would have seen I didn't care if they were given out again. I frankly don't give a..... about the companions. I believe everyone should have them. It would and should been better for the companions to be placed on the cartel shop because we will be going through this again for the 3rd time when it would be simpler just to put Shae, Nico and Paxton on the cartel shop for everyone has access.

In fact, I was glad that they put HK and the chapter on the cartel shop so everyone who wanted him and the chapter could have them but yet according to you I don't want people to have the companions. Okay believe whatever you wish so you can feel superior.

thank you for seeing reason. now if only others could do the same.

Look dude I even said, to quote myself, I was happy the new players have a chance to get the companions. I do not hate new players, I welcome them. New players after all help us all.

I merely want BW to acknowledge the fact I've spent $15 a month for a near decade just to play their oft neglected game. This does not even count the times I have passed game time codes to guildies to help them through a tight spot or CC purchases, etc.

So again I am happy they brought shae to new players. I simply want to feel BW appreciates my loyalty. Because if it wasn't for players like me who stuck around through the content dearths and bad decisions, there wouldn't be a game for the influx of steam players to come to.

The two things are not mutually exclusive - I can appreciate new players and want to be appreciated myself too.

they do thank us everyday... i too pay 18.10 for my sub. they thank me with the fact that i can log on and still play the game, that i can do ops, and FPS and such unrestricted unlike those that dont pay. and every blue moon get a gift just because they want to... even if it is a ugly mount that i rarely use cause i get insulted... again, we pay for a upgraded service like we pay for a plane ticket. we dont get free meals, drinks or even snacks on the plane. and most times for a plane ticket we are spending 300+... so are you really going to be that one guy crying about not getting a free gift cause you paid for a plane ticket.... cause your doing the same thing right now!

you get what you pay for, we are not paying for gifts. we are not paying for freebies or handouts, we are paying for a service. anything else they elect to give us is just because they decided to do so. and 90% of MMOs do not do what BW does.

Edited by Palmera

A. I dont really play other mmos

B. I think the fact that airlines' customer service has gone downhill is pathetic too. Very hard to feel bad for them even with the virus situation .

A: well that answers explains why you are so arrogant to your ignorance as to why we dont get gifts all the time...

B: Im sure when this virus ends, they will go back to giving us a single cracker s and a glass of water, where those who pay for the premium seats will get a glass off booze and maybe a sandwich, and their internet will be free, even the internet on a plane isnt free... cause the service we are paying for is to get from point A to point B... just like the service we are paying for is to have unrestricted gameplay...

Oh hey look what I found via a quick Google search. The most recommended subscription based mmo of 2020 uses a time based loyalty system (and apparently a vendor?)

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Veteran_Rewards#New_Veteran_Rewards

If you approve the airlines new method of doing business and charging you for literally everything, I think we just have a difference in philosophy. There was a time when you not only got meals on long flights included in the ticket price, but could check a bag for free too. Now? If you're flying overnight, I hope you can pay for that crappy blanket they give.

I get it to some degree - the "glory days" of air travel that saw people flying in suits was a time when air travel was reserved for those who could afford it. You can still get the experience (minus the unnecessary anyway fancy clothes) by paying for first class. I get cutting some features was necessary to bring air travel to the masses.

But some things are just ridiculous. Paying an extra what $50 to pick a seat? I can even get over checked bag fees. But the nickel and diming in the industry passed ridiculous years ago. Mergers and greed in conjunction with a large degree of failure to plan for the inevitable put the airlines where they are now with the virus. Maybe if they had made a rainy day fund instead of buying up their own stock, they wouldn't need to be talking bailout and layoffs now. Which they'll get because air travel has become a necessity, and thanks to a lack of competition, the big 3 have gotten too big to fail.

What has suffered most from the airlines' greed and understanding of their necessary place most of all? Their customer service. If we continue to lead companies down this "we'll accept subpar service because we prefer cheap over quality" path, perhaps we deserve what we get i guess.

I, for one, am of the opinion that my loyalty to a business should be valued. And by the way, your own example (the greedy airlines) do in fact use this model. As a loyalty member on delta airlines, I get priority boarding and lounge because of my loyalty to delta. They provide me those services because of my loyalty to delta (and how much I fly delta). I pay no more for my ticket than anyone else, but I am provided better service because I consistently fly delta. My father flies even more than me and frequently gets upgraded to first class for free because of his loyalty to delta.

The point is, the airlines are greedy businesses who made poor decisions and yet somehow they still value loyalty in their customers.

Edited by KendraP