Steam-Inspired Login Reward and Shae Vizla Returns!

DanielSteed

regardless, they will continue to get mileage out of companions as time goes by and just know that when bioware says, "limited time offer" they are like the home shopping guy trying to sell a sword...its limited this time...and next time they offer it it will be limited, too, and so forth each time.

This right here is a key point: it's not a new tactic. Not for BW, not for companies in general. A limited time offer means it's an offer open for a set period of time, yes, but it's not like they say it will "never" be back and even if they did, it's not a contract. The mentality in this thread is similar to a gold text advertising something like a new species coming out, and the forum latching on to it like it's a written agreement that BW must produce in a certain period of time. They've learned to keep their plans vague because obsessive elements on the playerbase can't be trusted not to freak out over a misplaced word here or there.

tl;dr: the big corporation was not 100% honest and straightforward about its promotions? Imagine that! This is literally the first time I have heard of this because it never happens in the real world! The free market is usually so fair and upfront what's going on my world is collapsing...

:rak_03:

Edited by Ardrossan

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it though?

It was time limited when I got it due to subbing when it was - a limited time offer.

Then there was this other time when it was a limited time offer.

Now it's again a limited time offer. :rolleyes:

I don't like this offer. It's not that I don't want others to be able to get Shae Vizla, especially if it means more subs. But I somehow feel tricked, because I thought back then I would receive something exclusive. That's exactly how they marketed it. In retrospective, false advertisement. :(

The only way I will accept what they are doing here, is if they give me the possibility to get other exclusive rewards, e. g. the pre-order crystals and the Razer promotion items. It would only be fair to make those available again as well. Why should you get Shae, but I shouldn't get that green-black crystal? You didn't earn Shae. I didn't earn the crystal. You get Shae now. I don't get the crystal now. Unfair. :mad:

Yes, this offer is limited. That original offer was limited. The second offer was limited. Future offers will be limited. They are all limited to the time that they are offered. Then when the offer ends, they are no longer offered. It is like no one understand marketing. If a company offers a limited time discount are they never allowed to offer that discount again? Of course they are. To say otherwise is ridiculous. Oh, the grocery store has butter on sale for this week. I better buy as much of it as I can because now that butter is on sale it will never be placed on sale again. Ever.

This offer is limited. It is offered for a limited time. The only way to qualify for this offer is to meet the qualifications within the limited time frame of the offer. If they offer a new offer later it too will have a time limit, and recipients of the offer will be limited to those who qualified for it at the time of that offer.

I don't care that they are offering Shae, and I don't care if they offer Nico or Paxton (Ranos as an entirely different conversation).

I just want the promotion itself to be fair, they are running a promotion for all subs with a reward that is not available to all subs because those that have it cannot get it again.

All I am asking for is a alternate reward as well, that is all, and I am happy with CC's so it doesn't create another item that will be begged for down the track.

Well with exclusivity I mean that BioWare presented it as a one-time only offer. Whatever you want to call that, it simply wasn't going to be true. In part because over time, because of the nature of these rewards, it would become untenable. I find that deceitful and I simply don't appreciate people doing that.

It's not about the rewards themselves, it's about how they were presented at the time and them doing a 180. I knew it would happen, but BioWare just doesn't like to communicate honestly and that really rubs me the wrong way sometimes.

I'm sure I'll get over it, but at the moment it irks me.

Understood !

Just for clarification ... My post was not intended to sound as though it were to disapprove of your thoughts on the matter. Buried somewhere in here there is a statement that should reflect the fact that may people feel differently about this. BOTH are correct. Both should be respected as such.

If we all were of the exact same mind ... this place would be pretty boring !

( I hope this makes sense !)

I don't care that they are offering Shae, and I don't care if they offer Nico or Paxton (Ranos as an entirely different conversation).

I just want the promotion itself to be fair, they are running a promotion for all subs with a reward that is not available to all subs because those that have it cannot get it again.

All I am asking for is a alternate reward as well, that is all, and I am happy with CC's so it doesn't create another item that will be begged for down the track.

They'll never give cc's, the people that get shae would be up in arms. You'd have arguments from both sides, etc.

We've had a few discussions on the forum about alt customisations instead, but again, the 'new' people would probably end up demanding them too.

The reward token that someone brought up, seems to be the fairest way, 1 token for every month subbed, then you can pick and choose what reward you'd like.

Is it though?

It was time limited when I got it due to subbing when it was - a limited time offer.

Then there was this other time when it was a limited time offer.

Now it's again a limited time offer. :rolleyes:

I don't like this offer. It's not that I don't want others to be able to get Shae Vizla, especially if it means more subs. But I somehow feel tricked, because I thought back then I would receive something exclusive. That's exactly how they marketed it. In retrospective, false advertisement. :(

The only way I will accept what they are doing here, is if they give me the possibility to get other exclusive rewards, e. g. the pre-order crystals and the Razer promotion items. It would only be fair to make those available again as well. Why should you get Shae, but I shouldn't get that green-black crystal? You didn't earn Shae. I didn't earn the crystal. You get Shae now. I don't get the crystal now. Unfair. :mad:

o stop being a cry baby because you got it. and others couldnt get it cause we werent around.

If that was the case, we wouldn't have shae, or hk, or all of it, a reward is the EXTRA bit... And at a time when the cry babies were running away and unsubbing, some people stayed subbed, just to get the shroud chapter, without them you might not have a forum to come on and be sarcastic and s****y on.

You say cry babies that run away and unsub, I say consumers that voted with their wallet.

Bioware, EA, or any other gaming company doesn't own me. Why would you let them own you? Disney owns Star Wars, but I don't buy the dvds, or the merch. I would have if their core products were good. They're not. Just like SWTOR was when these rewards came out the first time.

Edited by Severith
"the first time"

You say cry babies that run away and unsub, I say consumers that voted with their wallet.

Bioware, EA, or any other gaming company doesn't own me. Why would you let them own you? Disney owns Star Wars, but I don't buy the dvds, or the merch. I would have if their core products were good. They're not. Just like SWTOR was when these rewards came out the first time.

lol yeah it's kind of an amusing twist on "crybaby". They're essentially demanding a pat on the head from BW to show them more affection than they're currently getting - but if you suggest that they vote with their wallet and leave if they aren't satisfied, they act like you personally attacked them.

I have Shae. I have Nico. I don't have Paxton. IDC about Paxton, and IDC that other people will get Shae and Nico AND IDC if BW gives me "extra" rewards so I'm not left out, because I'm not a child that needs a gold star. The fact that so many of you do is embarrassing. Or would be, if I considered myself part of this forum community.

It is fair. You got her on a limited offer now others get to as well.

Good, people deserve the opportunity to have her too. No reason to give more to those of us who had her prior, the whole idea of us deserving more on top is ridiculous no matter how its argued.

But if we could get to the other companions for people that don't have those either, sooner rather than later too, that'd be nice.

Either way, they ran away, left the ship, watched it sink, or hoped it would sink, now they are crying for the same benefit the people who stayed got...call it what you will, but it's S**t, and whinging on the forums to get your way shows a lot about it.

Either way, they ran away, left the ship, watched it sink, or hoped it would sink, now they are crying for the same benefit the people who stayed got...call it what you will, but it's S**t, and whinging on the forums to get your way shows a lot about it.

lol on that we agree.

Both fair points.

---

It's a legit point you make, but i suppose the counterpoint to that would be BioWare saying you should stay subbed for....9 years of everything else currently in SWTOR. :cool:

--

I personally wish they would eradicate the entire 'Cartel Market' and instead provide CONTENT to dish out those very same Cartel re-skin (or new) rewards. I also wish , instead of shinies, most of the rewards would be schematics, to encourage a more player-driven crafting system (and then by osmosis, the "economy" too ) .

But i just don't think EA has given BioWare the budget$ (or staffing) to allow for not only greater quality of quest story content, but also for more frequent quantity. After all, this is still the only STAR WARS mmo on the market and heck this "dead game since 2012" is now approaching it's 10th Anniversary for Yoda's sake! :(

--

Continue to voice our concerns & suggestions, as paying customers, and hope someone listens (and is allowed to implement) .

Haven't been back to the thread until now but when I said there are better methods of offering subscriber rewards, I meant rather than saying "Hey subscribe any time between X date and Y date to get <shiny>" they should instead do something like, "Be subscribed for 1 cumulative month and get <shiny1>, be subscribed for 6 cumulative months and get <shiny2>, be subscribed for 1 cumulative year and get <shiny3>, ... etc." The former only encourages people to be subscribed for short periods of time every couple of years and not stay subscribed; the latter encourages longer term, continuous subscriptions.

I received Shae the first time they offered her. I don't particularly care that they're giving her out again. I *do* think their method of giving out subscriber rewards is short sighted and only causes animosity both from people who will miss the subscription period and from those who already received the reward and get nothing even though they're subscribers still/again. Their rewards aren't geared towards retaining or maintaining current subscribers which is frankly disappointing.

Limited ≠ exclusive/one time only. I couldn't find the original advertisement for Shae Vizla, but the ones I did find say Limited time. Bioware bringing the promotion back every two-ish year is still technically keeping their word . Because she's not available all the time.

I personally feel like its a waste of time complaining about an item that's probable going to be meaningless 10 years from now, assuming the game dies by then. One could argue that it's meaningless now. Bringing the promotion back will help the game. Helping the game will allow players to access the said item longer.

Edited by AceMasterSoul

no you dont have to use steam to get the rewards. read the full article for more info!

how about you practice what you preach. and read everything i wrote. i said thanks after someone clarified, and they were much nicer about your jerk comment. but hey, what do you expect for bullies who look for every excuse to be a jerk.

how about you practice what you preach. and read everything i wrote. i said thanks after someone clarified, and they were much nicer about your jerk comment. but hey, what do you expect for bullies who look for every excuse to be a jerk.

That would actually depend on how you view the comment. That is the problem with the written forums, you have to make a judgement call whether the person is being rude or bullying as there is no way to tell from the written word. This is something my instructor at college taught us that we are responsible for how we interpret what someone has written as we do not see their expression on hear the way they are talking.

That would actually depend on how you view the comment. That is the problem with the written forums, you have to make a judgement call whether the person is being rude or bullying as there is no way to tell from the written word. This is something my instructor at college taught us that we are responsible for how we interpret what someone has written as we do not see their expression on hear the way they are talking.

That is it! Everyone must post using Elcor speech patters from now on (or HK-47, -51, -55 if you so prefer).