Steam-Inspired Login Reward and Shae Vizla Returns!

DanielSteed

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually yes, ugly as that steam pipe flair thing is, it being exclusive to subbed players who already had shae would have appeased me.

Its literally the assumption that because I stay subbed my sub will never go anywhere that I find bothersome.

Its literally like, so what about the simple fact that you're giving away a sub reward that ignores your most loyal fans?

To reiterate (again, because it keeps getting conflated): im very happy to bring back anything that encourages new subs. New and returning players only do good for the game. I just dont want to be left out.

This is why I like Tsillah's vendor idea. It would be good for new, returning, and long time subs. Unlike this, which ignores those of us who were subbed then, or making some new thing that would ignore the fact new players didn't have something.

We get Shae Vizla even if we're subscribed through a referral link?

Lets help each other out now, just use my referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/dnMjRf

No, a referral link is not actually a subscription. It has to be a purchased subscription not one for 7 days through a referral link as you didn't actually purchase a subscription.

No, a referral link is not actually a subscription. It has to be a purchased subscription not one for 7 days through a referral link as you didn't actually purchase a subscription.

Basically a ref links lets you test to see what it's like as a sub, but isn't counted as a sub :)

Sorry, i am having a hard time finding an answer: How do you get Shae in-game? Is she in your Companions List, do you get her by mail like the Steam Flair? Do i have to be a specific level or start a specific mission? I got the steam flair in my mail but not Shae. I have unlocked her way back through the storyline with one character, but would like to use her with my alts. But how?? :confused:

Sorry, i am having a hard time finding an answer: How do you get Shae in-game? Is she in your Companions List, do you get her by mail like the Steam Flair? Do i have to be a specific level or start a specific mission? I got the steam flair in my mail but not Shae. I have unlocked her way back through the storyline with one character, but would like to use her with my alts. But how?? :confused:

She is given via in-game mail. Please note you must have subbed to get her within the dates given, using a referral link does not count.

All characters you have will get her including future character(s) you may create.

So how do we recruit / obtain Shae Vizla as a companion now? I'm not seeing her in my list, but am subscribed right now (during the required time).

EDIT: NVM I see the alert from Theron to recruit her in my companions window "N"

Edited by Leardus
Solved my question, leaving for others' reference

youll only get the flair if you have shae

Flair is given to everyone, even f2P. You don't have to be a subscriber for the flair.

"Coming August 28th, 2020, the Star Wars™” The Old Republic™ team is excited to announce two new promotions. Inspired by SWTOR’s Steam launch, the Pipeworks Character Flair is available to all players who login to the game. " (https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20200819)

Edited by casirabit

Flair is given to everyone, even f2P. You don't have to be a subscriber for the flair.

"Coming August 28th, 2020, the Star Wars™” The Old Republic™ team is excited to announce two new promotions. Inspired by SWTOR’s Steam launch, the Pipeworks Character Flair is available to all players who login to the game. " (https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20200819)

He's answering the other poster, saying that if you've shae already, all you get is the flair :)

• 1 year later...
This is why they should never have had exclusive rewards but a token vendor with rewards like these and you get a token each month you're subbed. Much cleaner that way. You want Shae? Pay x tokens, so you know when you can get her and if you already have her than you get tokens instead to spend on another reward from the vendor.

Just add more rewards on the vendor from time to time and presto, you have veteran rewards in place.

I'm necroing this thread to point out that Tsillah's idea from August 2020 of a token vendor that sells previous sub rewards and earned tokens on a regular time basis (preferential to subs) is functionally the same as Galactic Seasons which first came out April 2021.

Perhaps the devs do read threads after all. In the tradition of all corporate overlords, they simply don't acknowledge where their ideas come from lol.