Maintenance: June 30, 2020

CommunityTeam

Yeah, hope this is a short down time, was just getting back into my new Sniper char, and server down message.

Well, hope they do tell us what this is about, as it bad form not to inform us.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

We are bringing the servers offline to investigate a severe issue that was discovered. No ETA, we will let you know as soon as it becomes available.

you have to admit, the communication here is really bad, you knew the servers were coming down, you could have taken a min to post here, before you hit the 15 min timer.

Yeah, hope this is a short down time, was just getting back into my new Sniper char, and server down message.

Well, hope they do tell us what this is about, as it bad form not to inform us.

Was in the middle of reviving...I wonder if I'll 'Wake up dead'...as sung by Megadeth...lol

Edited by DarkTergon

Hi folks,

We are bringing the servers offline to investigate a severe issue that was discovered. No ETA, we will let you know as soon as it becomes available.

Oh bugger. No ETA down times are usually bad from previous experience. :(

only possible strange thing i noticed in a couple of flashpoints time was some people saying in general char that reputation items was now usable without any weekly limit up to the max total rep.

Dunno if it was some sort of "clickbait" to activate some sort of bug like the usual : press alt+f4 to get some cash

or if it was a not troublesome at all real thing

Here we go with another emergency patch. LOL. Yes be patient with their "visual" bugs....

Hey everyone,

We will be taking the servers offline on June 30, 2020 to deploy Game Update 6.1.2a.

Details:

DATE: June 30, 2020

TIME: 6:00AM - 8:00AM PDT (1300 - 1500 UTC)

VERSION: 6.1.2a

Patch notes are available here: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Somebody obviously let the hamsters out. They need to catch more so they can go back to designing new trash to sell.

you have to admit, the communication here is really bad, you knew the servers were coming down, you could have taken a min to post here, before you hit the 15 min timer.

Was in the middle of reviving...I wonder if I'll 'Wake up dead'...as sung by Megadeth...lol

Hi folks,

Uhm... what the heck is happening? Seriously Bioware, you were doing so well these last couple of months and I felt really good about the game. Then patch 6.1.2 happened and everything is falling apart. What is happening? Why is this happening?

Wonder if i should touch Swtor today anymore. A lot of folks have login issues, i still haven't and game today looks completely broken. Not mention several 500 bugs not being fixed for decades and new ones too.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

Edited by Trlance

Agreed.

I lvoed the oh thats a visual bug and your crafting will be fixed real sooooooon!. Well they didnt fix anything on any of my toons. So back to regrinding missions on 18 characters. As the development team sorry for the inconvenience for and issue they created.

Been back like 3 months nice visit see you in another 6 years.

"No ETA" that says all I need to know. if I'm not back on playing again very soon I'm going to have some more free hard disk space soon.

Brillant, well done. Hopefully the team will get the issues sorted and you'll be able to enjoy a well earned break, and play some swtor :)

Thanks for the understanding but it doesn't look like I will be playing SWTOR since it doesn't seem they fixed anything, not even sure about the log in. Oh well, I start classes again next week so there goes my playing.

only possible strange thing i noticed in a couple of flashpoints time was some people saying in general char that reputation items was now usable without any weekly limit up to the max total rep.

Dunno if it was some sort of "clickbait" to activate some sort of bug like the usual : press alt+f4 to get some cash

or if it was a not troublesome at all real thing

Yeah, but it wasn't that severe. Yes, you could use a reputation trophy multiple times but 1) you'd have needed to have the tropy in your inventory and 2) reputation was still capped by the weekly limit.

So this bug has zero impact on the Swoop event since players would first have to reach the weekly cap to get a reputation trophy in their inventory AND wait until the next weekly reset before they could use it.

Doing a hotfix now seems like a kneejerk reaction; they could have easily fixed it next Tuesday before reset without extending maintenance.

Though someone on fleet mentioned he found a Cartel Coin duping bug, not sure if he was trolling but I wouldn't put it past the devs.

Edited by Jerba

Now you are assuming they care.

Yeah, but it wasn't that severe. Yes, you could use a reputation trophy multiple times but 1) you'd have needed to have the tropy in your inventory and 2) reputation was still capped by the weekly limit.

So this bug has zero impact on the Swoop event since players would first have to reach the weekly cap to get a reputation trophy in their inventory AND wait until the next weekly reset before they could use it.

Doing a hotfix now seems like a kneejerk reaction; they could have easily fixed it next Tuesday before reset without extending maintenance.

Though someone on fleet mentioned he found a Cartel Coin duping bug, not sure if he was trolling but I wouldn't put it past the devs.

How is spamming rep an issue? Wasnt that one of the reasons they "fixed" the auto usage of rep items???

So they are saying hey we fixed it! Wait your using it! Shut down the servers!!

I hope everyone that took advantage gets smacked down hard :/

PATHETIC ! Yes you are biofail

Wanna know why ? Glad to :

It takes 20 min to apply your stupid 100 mb or smth patch (its 2020 lads, but your installer is complete S H I T based on standards from 20 YEARS AGO) reorganizing data/verifying/installing *** is this ****, you scan the whole thing for an 100mb update, and after that you basically brake half the game?

You launch a bugfix patch, that does not fix the MAIN issues people are having with your idiotic game, just look at the patch notes, it s laughable for a 8y + game to have such issues.

You do not announce it before, even though we are paying a subscription, which means you cant just do w/e the fack you want , mb i only have time to play today, and you re facking up my entire week. So yeah ++ subscription time, for this **** is the LEAST you can do.

no ETA ???? again in 2020 you cant estimate how long a server fix can take ? After you are working on the same product for FACKING YEARS and you should know it by hearth.

Please take some time this instant to go and kiss the a s s of the original content/story/world designers (its the only reason your game is still endurable, but its coming to an end)

PATHETIC !

How is spamming rep an issue? Wasnt that one of the reasons they "fixed" the auto usage of rep items???

no, it's not the normal use of the rep items, it seems the rep item wasn't consumned on use, so people were getting more rep then they should. The basically abused a broken item, that's why they should be punished.

Edited by DarkTergon

The problem was that rep items were not consumed if you quic,ly rightclicked on them, so you could spam infinite rep points.

Edited by DarthThadian

PATHETIC ! Yes you are biofail

It takes 20 min to apply your stupid 100 mb or smth patch (its 2020 lads, but your installer is complete S H I T based on standards from 20 YEARS AGO)

I find it surprising that people would have this kind of issue. Since I got rid of Bitraider years ago, the game has always patched in a few minutes and without any error or blocking on my computer (a 6y old desktop running Windows 10 with a standard DSL connection to the www).